Strut your greasy stuff!
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:01 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:26 pm

Pfft, do you even know me, :bruh: ?

I burn cars and don't look back, no matter how much I like them in the beginning they usually have a 9-36 month life cycle in my garage.

Also, I sold the JB4 for what I paid for it since I bought it with a coupon and you can't legally buy them in California. :)
Whatever happened to the LSD on that car? Did you end up selling that separately?
He did not... traded it like that into the :dillerman:
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:18 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:06 pm

Which car did the forum go "ham" on?
Waxer went balls out on his M235i with LSD and tune and shit and offed it in a year.
Detroit is :eeyore: with his 442 pavement slaying horsepower brubstick'd C5
Troy with his C5 and then Mister Two
Fax with his fancy Miata that he offed for a minivan
Coogles doesn't seem to like his STI

About the only ones that seem totally :fuckyeah: with their purchases are Griff and 4zilch.
FiST is 5/7 - would buy again.

Also dubshow with the moostang, to abarf, to :jeep:
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:01 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:26 pm

Pfft, do you even know me, :bruh: ?

I burn cars and don't look back, no matter how much I like them in the beginning they usually have a 9-36 month life cycle in my garage.

Also, I sold the JB4 for what I paid for it since I bought it with a coupon and you can't legally buy them in California. :)
Whatever happened to the LSD on that car? Did you end up selling that separately?
I ended up with 2 of them due to some ordering mix-ups, one installed and the other I sold to a local guy from the 2 forum.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Chatted with Jeep customer service this morning. The JL now has a VIN assigned and is awaiting the parts allocation. Once that is done it will be sequenced for production.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

:popcorn:

Have you asked the :dillerman: about the :dill: yet?
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:54 am :popcorn:

Everything is still as agreed, according to the :dillerman: and I have texts and emails to back it up.

Right now I'm thinking they are getting a backlash over the pics posted online about the markup and they are trying to recover a bit. The guy knew exactly what I was talking about when I referenced the pictures and people mocking them.
ChrisoftheNorth

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:57 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:54 am :popcorn:

Everything is still as agreed, according to the :dillerman: and I have texts and emails to back it up.

Right now I'm thinking they are getting a backlash over the pics posted online about the markup and they are trying to recover a bit. The guy knew exactly what I was talking about when I referenced the pictures and people mocking them.
:impressive:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:53 am Chatted with Jeep customer service this morning. The JL now has a VIN assigned and is awaiting the parts allocation. Once that is done it will be sequenced for production.
#impressive
It seems that the new JL isn’t as “popular” as they thought. The price point is pretty damn wild for such a “mainstream” vehicle

Every jeep Dealer is now pretty stocked with JLs in two weeks they went from 0 units to 10-30 per dealer and 50-80 JKs sitting on lots. That’s a lot of inventory to clear

Good to hear they found their senses and are still trying to move units vs trying to milk a cow that isn’t there.

You can’t mark up a vehicle that has a 300k annual production capacity
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:53 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:53 am Chatted with Jeep customer service this morning. The JL now has a VIN assigned and is awaiting the parts allocation. Once that is done it will be sequenced for production.
#impressive
It seems that the new JL isn’t as “popular” as they thought. The price point is pretty damn wild for such a “mainstream” vehicle

Every jeep Dealer is now pretty stocked with JLs in two weeks they went from 0 units to 10-30 per dealer and 50-80 JKs sitting on lots. That’s a lot of inventory to clear

Good to hear they found their senses and are still trying to move units vs trying to milk a cow that isn’t there.

That's going to be the hard part for Jeep and :dillerman: to get used to. That's a significant production increase AND they raised the price substantially.
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:30 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:53 pm

#impressive

That's going to be the hard part for Jeep and :dillerman: to get used to. That's a significant production increase AND they raised the price substantially.
The average transaction cost on the Jeep is likely 42-44k which is substantially higher than the 32-35k on the last model. Since “everyone is poor”. That’s a big hurdle to overcome for the masses ... $100-200 extra a month with no financing deals etc.

And let’s not be fooled this suv is for the masses now cuz 220k new jeeps a year don’t hit the trails.

If I had to guess, Jeep is going to fold and start leasing the JL towards the middle/end of this year to keep it “affordable” just like the iPhone on stretchpay at att. Can’t afford $900 cuz that’s what it costs, how about $30 a month for 2 years then and you don’t own your phone.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:03 pm
The average transaction cost on the Jeep is likely 42-44k which is substantially higher than the 32-35k on the last model. Since “everyone is poor”. That’s a big hurdle to overcome for the masses ... $100-200 extra a month with no financing deals etc.

And let’s not be fooled this suv is for the masses now cuz 220k new jeeps a year don’t hit the trails.

If I had to guess, Jeep is going to fold and start leasing the JL towards the middle/end of this year to keep it “affordable” just like the iPhone on stretchpay at att. Can’t afford $900 cuz that’s what it costs, how about $30 a month for 2 years then and you don’t own your phone.
:dat:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Yeah, or go to 96 month FCA backed financing, which is basically a given since interest rates will be creeping back up real soon. The Jeep is $10k more expensive and I have to wonder how big the new car market will actually be moving forward. Seems the country blew its collective new car load over the last year or two.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:09 pm

Yeah, or go to 96 month FCA backed financing, which is basically a given since interest rates will be creeping back up real soon. The Jeep is $10k more expensive and I have to wonder how big the new car market will actually be moving forward. Seems the country blew its collective new car load over the last year or two.
Rates have been creeping up over the last 6-12 months.
max225

Right now ex wrangler owners can use their equity to get into the new one and keep “payments the same” i am not sure if said scenario will continue. A wrangler doesn’t really work for most ppl and there are far cheaper alternatives for mall crawling
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:11 pm

Right. So in the four square game of presenting monthly payments to :derp: s, they'll need another knob to turn since free financing isn't a thing anymore they'll need to extend the term length. And then you're making $500 monthly payments for 8 years.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:11 pm

Right now ex wrangler owners can use their equity to get into the new one and keep “payments the same” i am not sure if said scenario will continue. A wrangler doesn’t really work for most ppl and there are far cheaper alternatives for mall crawling
I don't blame FCA for the price increase. The JK's were flying off the lot at low to no discounts for years. Why not probe the price ceiling in that case? You know people will pay mid 30's all day for these. So offer the entry one at that price with more content than it used to have, and see what happens on the top end.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:16 pm

Right. So in the four square game of presenting monthly payments to :derp: s, they'll need another knob to turn since free financing isn't a thing anymore they'll need to extend the term length. And then you're making $500 monthly payments for 8 years.
Nothing new. They used the 4 square on me in the 80's and rates were crazy high.

This is just history repeating itself. 12% car loans with a few % loaded in for :dillerman: profit are coming to anyone that doesn't prepare and lock in their own financing first.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:18 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:11 pm

I don't blame FCA for the price increase. The JK's were flying off the lot at low to no discounts for years. Why not probe the price ceiling in that case? You know people will pay mid 30's all day for these. So offer the entry one at that price with more content than it used to have, and see what happens on the top end.
The combo of price and feature increase is the one that is tough to swallow. Literally the Jeep prices itself out of the “competition “ one will argue that there is none for the JL. But that depends on the buyer... a Cherokee, compass, and even a renegayde are great options for ppl willing to spend 20-27k vs the JL at 40. The price gap is immense.

Now the Jeep is no longer an “alternative” to the other vehicles in the lineup it is pretty much the most expensive vehicle offered. Which is a bit odd.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:16 pm

four square :disgust:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Johnny_P wrote:
max225 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:06 pm Which car did the forum go "ham" on?
Waxer went balls out on his M235i with LSD and tune and shit and offed it in a year.

About the only ones that seem totally :fuckyeah: with their purchases are Griff and 4zilch.
:hue:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:38 pm
Johnny_P wrote:

:hue:
If the bold part is true, we need to eradicate them from the site. They have no place here and can only cause harm.
max225

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:51 pm
Tarspin wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:38 pm :hue:
If the bold part is true, we need to eradicate them from the site. They have no place here and can only cause harm.
Agreed, being perfectly happy with a car is a sign of insanity
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote:
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:51 pm

4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Tarspin wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:29 am
max225 wrote:

:lolol:

I mean the FiST fits my functionality needs, and it’s fun to drive. There’s not a lot of cars that check both boxes without encroaching on the motorcycle budget.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

4zilch wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:29 am Image

Imageol:

I mean the FiST fits my functionality needs, and it’s fun to drive. There’s not a lot of cars that check both boxes without encroaching on the motorcycle budget.
In my situation, the .:R is nearly perfect. The price is :ludacris: but VW gave me 22k for a car valued at 12k and a bunch of money off msrp for an option out spec. The other Achilles is the sound, which can likely be fixed with a valved miltek.

So yeah, not perfect but dang... :plac: is dead to me right now.