Waxer's Haus of Wax

Strut your greasy stuff!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

CorvetteWaxer wrote:
Johnny_P wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:12 pm I’d be fucking furious if that happened to me.
Yeah, as I understand it, he actually made money on the deal though since they were so hard to get, but he was NOT happy.
Brutal.Image
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:09 pm Got a call from one of the trusted dudes at my Chevy dealer yesterday. They are starting a waiting list for the allocations on the mid-engine Corvette and as a "preferred customer" he wanted to reach out to me. If I put a $1,000 refundable deposit down I can be #2 on the list to have one built to my specifications when ordering opens up. He is holding spot #2 behind the dealership GM for me until Monday for me to decide.

Just not sure if I want to buy the first year or not. Has it's pros and cons for sure.
Unless this is going to be like the Ford GT and they are just going to stop making them, I'd think I'd wait it out. There hasn't been a Corvette that's been so rare it becomes unobtanium since.....I dunno, the L-88 C3?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Desertbreh wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:21 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:09 pm Got a call from one of the trusted dudes at my Chevy dealer yesterday. They are starting a waiting list for the allocations on the mid-engine Corvette and as a "preferred customer" he wanted to reach out to me. If I put a $1,000 refundable deposit down I can be #2 on the list to have one built to my specifications when ordering opens up. He is holding spot #2 behind the dealership GM for me until Monday for me to decide.

Just not sure if I want to buy the first year or not. Has it's pros and cons for sure.
Unless this is going to be like the Ford GT and they are just going to stop making them, I'd think I'd wait it out. There hasn't been a Corvette that's been so rare it becomes unobtanium since.....I dunno, the L-88 C3?
I was just thinking about this because it's neat to be one of the first to have a car after a redesign. When I got the 2014 z51 I didn't see a C7 for weeks at a time in my area and it was kind of cool.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:51 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:21 pm

I was just thinking about this because it's neat to be one of the first to have a car after a redesign. When I got the 2014 z51 I didn't see a C7 for weeks at a time in my area and it was kind of cool.
Fair enough
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Mid engine vette would be :tits: :doe:
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:51 pm I was just thinking about this because it's neat to be one of the first to have a car after a redesign. When I got the 2014 z51 I didn't see a C7 for weeks at a time in my area and it was kind of cool.

For me, it's still a Corvette. It's supposed to be budget. The mid engine C8 will likely be a good bit better than the C7s (which kill at the track in stock form as long as you're not overheating them)... But it really depends what you want to do with it.
That newness wears off fast, and by the time you realize that people with money are picking them up left and right because it's so new and shiny, you've already lost some of your value.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Is the mid-engine car limited production? Might be worth it to get one as a collector's car.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Melon wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:47 am Is the mid-engine car limited production? Might be worth it to get one as a collector's car.
Nobody in the general public knows yet if it is going to be a complete replacement for the Corvette, or a higher end special model. Speculation goes both ways, some think it is going to be a Halo model only and also reports of this being the C8 with multiple tiers (Base, Z51, Z06, ZR1, etc.).

All guessing at this point.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:19 am
Melon wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:47 am Is the mid-engine car limited production? Might be worth it to get one as a collector's car.
Nobody in the general public knows yet if it is going to be a complete replacement for the Corvette, or a higher end special model. Speculation goes both ways, some think it is going to be a Halo model only and also reports of this being the C8 with multiple tiers (Base, Z51, Z06, ZR1, etc.).

If only we knew someone at the General who could tell us...
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Apex wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:03 am
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:19 am

:(
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Apex

wap wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:42 am
Apex wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:03 am

Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Apex wrote:
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:19 am Nobody in the general public knows yet if it is going to be a complete replacement for the Corvette, or a higher end special model. Speculation goes both ways, some think it is going to be a Halo model only and also reports of this being the C8 with multiple tiers (Base, Z51, Z06, ZR1, etc.).

Fkn @detroit better answer is Atmark!
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Apex wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:44 am
wap wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:42 am

:dat:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Was going to schedule the Procharger install, but ran into a hiccup on the 1LE.

Got in the car on Monday and the low oil light came on. Checked it, and it took 2 quarts to get the level up into normal range on the dipstick.

The car takes 10 quarts and I did an oil change just about 3500 miles ago. Admittedly I have driven it hard because when I switch out of the Z06 I miss the power and end up running the 1LE hard all the time, including a lot of high RPM light load driving and engine braking. My service director asked me to change the oil again and keep an eye on it over the next 2,000 miles checking every few days. He says that GM generally considers 1 quart every 1500-2000 miles "normal", but I've never had any of my LS or LT motors hit a low oil light before this one.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:39 pm Was going to schedule the Procharger install, but ran into a hiccup on the 1LE.

Got in the car on Monday and the low oil light came on. Checked it, and it took 2 quarts to get the level up into normal range on the dipstick.

The car takes 10 quarts and I did an oil change just about 3500 miles ago. Admittedly I have driven it hard because when I switch out of the Z06 I miss the power and end up running the 1LE hard all the time, including a lot of high RPM light load driving and engine braking. My service director asked me to change the oil again and keep an eye on it over the next 2,000 miles checking every few days. He says that GM generally considers 1 quart every 1500-2000 miles "normal", but I've never had any of my LS or LT motors hit a low oil light before this one.
10 quarts ? That thing is dry sump ? 1 quart every 2k is in line with my 400k mile crown vic. But... It seems that most racy hard driven cars burn around that amount.
Apex

:rage:

I want to see the 1LE with a Procharger.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:47 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:39 pm Was going to schedule the Procharger install, but ran into a hiccup on the 1LE.

10 quarts ? That thing is dry sump ? 1 quart every 2k is in line with my 400k mile crown vic. But... It seems that most racy hard driven cars burn around that amount.
It's a wet sump, which is the only major difference in my experience with the LT1 and LT4, both of them in the Corvettes were dry sump. Yeah, I expect this might be normal and my service director was not phased by it and told me not to worry unless we see something else over the next couple thousand miles.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:47 pm :rage:

It'll happen, just need to put some more miles on it first.

Luckily I drive a lot of miles, so excluding the holidays I should rack the miles up and see what's up pretty quick.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Oh... I also determined last week that the Goodyear tires are 0% better than the sport cup 2's in the rain. I was all over the road on the highway on the drive home in the rain.

Oh, and last but not least, I cracked the front splitter on the 1LE on Monday. Totally a stupid moved, but I was rushing to exit the parking lot and beat a long string of cars coming up the road. Didn't take the driveway slow/at enough angle and smacked the nose on the street. :rage: :rage: :rage:

List is $650, got it ordered for $410. At least it comes pre-painted in the satin black, I guess.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

I remember reading all the long term reviews of the Camaro in the auto rags and they all complained about oil consumption. And like you said, GM told them it was normal.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:00 pm Oh... I also determined last week that the Goodyear tires are 0% better than the sport cup 2's in the rain. I was all over the road on the highway on the drive home in the rain.

Oh, and last but not least, I cracked the front splitter on the 1LE on Monday. Totally a stupid moved, but I was rushing to exit the parking lot and beat a long string of cars coming up the road. Didn't take the driveway slow/at enough angle and smacked the nose on the street. :rage: :rage: :rage:

List is $650, got it ordered for $410. At least it comes pre-painted in the satin black, I guess.
:( that's unfortunate. But I know the feels...
Apex

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:51 pm
Apex wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:47 pm :rage:

It'll happen, just need to put some more miles on it first.

Luckily I drive a lot of miles, so excluding the holidays I should rack the miles up and see what's up pretty quick.
Looking forward to it!
Barnes93cb
Drives: Turbro Go Kart/ Yamaha Bolt

Finally made my way to your thread.

I love the work youve done to the road king. How is the delete holding up for the foot controls? I hate the dual controls on the few street glides ive ridden. It is one of the first thing I plan to change.

Also the garage is awesome. But I do tend to agree with you, a larger garage is probably needed in your near future.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Barnes93cb wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:18 pm Finally made my way to your thread.

I love the work youve done to the road king. How is the delete holding up for the foot controls? I hate the dual controls on the few street glides ive ridden. It is one of the first thing I plan to change.

Also the garage is awesome. But I do tend to agree with you, a larger garage is probably needed in your near future.
Thanks man.

Yeah, the rear shift lever delete is holding up very well. It's a "press fit" type of spacer, so you have to force it on to put the screw back in to secure the front shifter, and it keeps it nice and tight on the linkage. Well worth the $30 bucks or so.

If you end up with a Harley let me know and I will send you the other one I bought, I won't need it.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Oh, I posted these on instagram before but not here.. I replaced the chrome latches for the saddle bags with gloss black: