Waxer's Haus of Wax

Strut your greasy stuff!
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

The problem with 911 inventory around here is.... just about everything is a convertible.
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:11 pm
wap wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:09 pm

Is this DFDmoji-worthy?
Would be better if I knew who that was.... but it fits in here well and would see a lot of use if history has taught us anything.
Dat's Mama Crang
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:12 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:11 pm

Would be better if I knew who that was.... but it fits in here well and would see a lot of use if history has taught us anything.
Dat's Mama Crang
:lolgasm:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:12 pm The problem with 911 inventory around here is.... just about everything is a convertible.
I was under the impression that you can't go buy a GT3 like a regular car, first you have to buy a Boxster, then a Cayman, then a base 911, then an S, then a GTS, then a Turbo, then blow your :dillerman: every day for 6 months and they MIGHT allow you to place an order for a GT3 at 120% of MSRP.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

troyguitar wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:14 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:12 pm The problem with 911 inventory around here is.... just about everything is a convertible.
I was under the impression that you can't go buy a GT3 like a regular car, first you have to buy a Boxster, then a Cayman, then a base 911, then an S, then a GTS, then a Turbo, then blow your :dillerman: every day for 6 months and they MIGHT allow you to place an order for a GT3 at 120% of MSRP.
They're not Ferrari.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I thought that was the GT2 RS.

I'm only willing to blow a guy twice for a car though. I draw the line there.
Desertbreh

So basically like a Wrangler JL?
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Also, Porsche dealers have some crappy web sites for looking at inventory.......

But, while looking for Manual transmissions I found this Gayman S that is a paint to sample car. Nothing like wasting a custom color option on this...

https://carlsen.porschedealer.com/inven ... ic+1038912

:wtf: is that, Latte Brown? PC Beige from 1989?
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:20 pm Also, Porsche dealers have some crappy web sites for looking at inventory.......

But, while looking for Manual transmissions I found this Gayman S that is a paint to sample car. Nothing like wasting a custom color option on this...

:wtf: :gag: :butwhy:

PC Beige, doe. :notbad:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

That looks straight out of Top Gear, it's the Rover James.

ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:58 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:53 pm

How dare you.
Same question to you.
Do you see a ? at the end? I made a statement. Far more impactful.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Screw this. I don't have time to waste looking at inventory when they post shit like this as a "Manual Transmission" :

Desertbreh

Detroit wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:26 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:58 pm

Same question to you.
Just answer the question asshole.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:20 pm Also, Porsche dealers have some crappy web sites for looking at inventory.......

Terrorist spec Cayman. :notbad:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:15 pm

So basically like a Wrangler JL?
:roasted:
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Apex wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:01 pm

Terrorist spec Cayman. :notbad:
:gag:
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
max225

Bandaid color... yum
max225

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:40 pm Screw this. I don't have time to waste looking at inventory when they post shit like this as a "Manual Transmission" :

That's the normal MO for every :dillerman: in existence. Also... you get 2 clutches for the price of 1, anddddd it is an "automated manual" so it is like a racekar breh
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:47 pm
C5>all else breh don't ye know
ChrisoftheNorth

I'm not even sure what the question is/was anymore.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:51 pm

I'm not even sure what the question is/was anymore.
Say what again.... I dare you.

ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:49 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:46 pm

Kind of what I was thinking. Something I could enjoy for awhile until the ME Corvette is debugged and production is sound.
So let's say you're going 10 mph in the Z06 in first gear, with traction control on, and drop the hammer all the way.....what happens? Is 650hp really useable outside of a track?
I'm guessing this is the original question.

In this instance, my car is manageable until it hits 4k rpm. Then the brub stick gets the air/fuel flowing and it's a straight-up smoke show that only gets worse to redline. "Frantic" is about the best way I can describe it. If I can get the power down, It's probably somewhere between a C6Z and a C7Z. Car is short about 100 whp (more torque) than a C7Z, but with the gearing and 300lbs lighter, it probably wouldn't lose as bad as one would expect.

In all honesty, the car is too much. If I knew then what I know now, I would have picked a smaller cam that sacrificed the explosive top end for more low end. Better, I probably would have just kept it stock to maintain some resale value and waited for Sebring Orange C7GS's to get reasonable. Oh well.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:46 am
Desertbreh wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:49 pm

So let's say you're going 10 mph in the Z06 in first gear, with traction control on, and drop the hammer all the way.....what happens? Is 650hp really useable outside of a track?

In this instance, my car is manageable until it hits 4k rpm. Then the brub stick gets the air/fuel flowing and it's a straight-up smoke show that only gets worse to redline. "Frantic" is about the best way I can describe it. If I can get the power down, It's probably somewhere between a C6Z and a C7Z. Car is short about 100 whp (more torque) than a C7Z, but with the gearing and 300lbs lighter, it probably wouldn't lose as bad as one would expect.

In all honesty, the car is too much. If I knew then what I know now, I would have picked a smaller cam that sacrificed the explosive top end for more low end. Better, I probably would have just kept it stock to maintain some resale value and waited for Sebring Orange C7GS's to get reasonable. Oh well.
You live, you learn.

There's still plenty of people that will buy a clean, well modded C5 for a reasonable price. You're not 18 and you didn't hack up your car so you should be fine. Everything I've seen says you did it all right.
ChrisoftheNorth

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:52 am
Detroit wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:46 am

You live, you learn.

There's still plenty of people that will buy a clean, well modded C5 for a reasonable price. You're not 18 and you didn't hack up your car so you should be fine. Everything I've seen says you did it all right.
I dunno...top dollar seems to go to 100% unmolested cars. I absolutely did mine right, zero corners were cut...but the fact that it's modded at all is going to drop the value significantly from what I can tell from 6 month sales data. A 55k mile 100% stock C5 that's super clean would command :notbad: money still. A 55k heads/cam car...will limit the market to "WTB C5 MODS ENCOURAGE $10K MAX" kids, and thus the value is shit. Kids have realized that C5's are cheap and the market seems to be driven down as a result. Not factoring in how much I paid for parts, I think I'm stuck with it for the long term. Not a bad thing, but every time I see a new Sebring Orange C7, I get an immense feeling of regret. I want one so bad.

:lolol: :plac: :derp:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:06 am
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:52 am

You live, you learn.

I dunno...top dollar seems to go to 100% unmolested cars. I absolutely did mine right, zero corners were cut...but the fact that it's modded at all is going to drop the value significantly from what I can tell from 6 month sales data. A 55k mile 100% stock C5 that's super clean would command :notbad: money still. A 55k heads/cam car...will limit the market to "WTB C5 MODS ENCOURAGE $10K MAX" kids, and thus the value is shit. Kids have realized that C5's are cheap and the market seems to be driven down as a result. Not factoring in how much I paid for parts, I think I'm stuck with it for the long term. Not a bad thing, but every time I see a new Sebring Orange C7, I get an immense feeling of regret. I want one so bad.

:lolol: :plac: :derp:
Well, yeah... I always consider mods lost money. I threw a boatload of money into my 1999 Camaro SS when I did heads and cam and everything else on it and it accounted for absolutely nothing on the resale value. It did take a little while to find a buyer, but not too long.
If I were you I would probably consider just keeping it and adding a C7Z later to sit beside it and keep it company all winter. :)