Waxer's Haus of Wax

Strut your greasy stuff!
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Got a call from one of the trusted dudes at my Chevy dealer yesterday. They are starting a waiting list for the allocations on the mid-engine Corvette and as a "preferred customer" he wanted to reach out to me. If I put a $1,000 refundable deposit down I can be #2 on the list to have one built to my specifications when ordering opens up. He is holding spot #2 behind the dealership GM for me until Monday for me to decide.

Just not sure if I want to buy the first year or not. Has it's pros and cons for sure.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

CorvetteWaxer wrote:Got a call from one of the trusted dudes at my Chevy dealer yesterday. They are starting a waiting list for the allocations on the mid-engine Corvette and as a "preferred customer" he wanted to reach out to me. If I put a $1,000 refundable deposit down I can be #2 on the list to have one built to my specifications when ordering opens up. He is holding spot #2 behind the dealership GM for me until Monday for me to decide.

Just not sure if I want to buy the first year or not. Has it's pros and cons for sure.
Firstly, your garage looks :tits:
Secondly, your tool box is the :tits:

Good going on both. :jelly:

When i think of mid-engine GM i think Fiero. Then i think 1988 fiero. I'd :nope: out on first year ownership in this case unless you plan to shrink wrap it and sell it on duPont Registry or whatever in 20 yrs
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:17 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote:Got a call from one of the trusted dudes at my Chevy dealer yesterday. They are starting a waiting list for the allocations on the mid-engine Corvette and as a "preferred customer" he wanted to reach out to me. If I put a $1,000 refundable deposit down I can be #2 on the list to have one built to my specifications when ordering opens up. He is holding spot #2 behind the dealership GM for me until Monday for me to decide.

Firstly, your garage looks :tits:
Secondly, your tool box is the :tits:

Good going on both. :jelly:

When i think of mid-engine GM i think Fiero. Then i think 1988 fiero. I'd :nope: out on first year ownership in this case unless you plan to shrink wrap it and sell it on duPont Registry or whatever in 20 yrs
Thank you very much.

Yes, this is what has me paused... We had a new Fiero V6 in the family and even though I liked it a lot, it was a bitch to work on and ended up a red headed stepchild. I think everyone knows I really like Corvettes, but I have to wonder if I should just hold out another year or two and see what happens with the ME Corvette and then decide if it is better to lose money on an Exotic vs. losing money on a new Corvette.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

720S.

:doit:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:45 pm 720S.

:doit:
This kills it, and makes me think how much I hated the 4C for this reason:
Getting in and out of the 720S will be comical for all but the most nimble among us.

Check your ego at the scissor door.
#fatty
#notnimble
#stiffy
troyguitar

Not that I'll ever even see one, let alone sit in one, let alone drive one, but the reviews seem to indicate that it's the best real world supercar since the original NSX... I can't imagine being a rich car guy and not giving one a shot, but I can't imagine being 200+ lbs either. :iono:
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

troyguitar wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:03 pm Not that I'll ever even see one, let alone sit in one, let alone drive one, but the reviews seem to indicate that it's the best real world supercar since the original NSX... I can't imagine being a rich car guy and not giving one a shot, but I can't imagine being 200+ lbs either. :iono:
Come to South Florida. I’m so desensitized from seeing these sort of cars that I hate myself for it.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I know nothing about this realm of car buying but google tells me that the 570GT is a comfortable cruiser and hits 60 in under 3 sec, and it costs 180k. I would test drive one even though I'm fat. An extra 20k gets a convertible which would make getting in and out easier.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:26 pm I know nothing about this realm of car buying but google tells me that the 570GT is a comfortable cruiser and hits 60 in under 3 sec, and it costs 180k. I would test drive one even though I'm fat. An extra 20k gets a convertible which would make getting in and out easier.
Yeah.. the only issue I have with the Mclaren cars is they are everywhere here and from what I've seen depreciate as fast/faster than when Chevy sells Corvettes at employee pricing. Seriously thinking about something with a Pony or a Bull on the badge at that point, if I'm going to go :fullretard:

Even though I have had a hatred for them, I should probably give the 911 Turbo S some serious consideration.. the only thing that really bugs me though is that in any of these choices I would be giving up the :manuel: transmission that the Corvette will have.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:01 pm
Tarspin wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:26 pm I know nothing about this realm of car buying but google tells me that the 570GT is a comfortable cruiser and hits 60 in under 3 sec, and it costs 180k. I would test drive one even though I'm fat. An extra 20k gets a convertible which would make getting in and out easier.
Yeah.. the only issue I have with the Mclaren cars is they are everywhere here and from what I've seen depreciate as fast/faster than when Chevy sells Corvettes at employee pricing. Seriously thinking about something with a Pony or a Bull on the badge at that point, if I'm going to go :fullretard:

Even though I have had a hatred for them, I should probably give the 911 Turbo S some serious consideration.. the only thing that really bugs me though is that in any of these choices I would be giving up the :manuel: transmission that the Corvette will have.
Or R8
razr390

Get a 991.2 GT3
troyguitar

If you want :manuel: and no depreciation, get a new GT3.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:39 pm

If you want :manuel: and no depreciation, get a new GT3.
Looks like there's a couple around here. Will need to look at them and see.

Thanks
troyguitar

Also check this one out if you can, IMO it should be one of the better street cars out there - maybe better for non-track use than a GT3.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/fu ... otos-info/

Lightweight with :manuel: and shorter gearing than all other porsches, so you can get out of 2nd gear without going to jail.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

If we are going to spend :waxer: 's money on a Porch we should at least spec a GT3 or something. 0-60 in 4 seconds is Golf R with tune territory. :iswydt:
troyguitar

Tarspin wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:23 pm If we are going to spend :waxer: 's money on a Porch we should at least spec a GT3 or something. 0-60 in 4 seconds is Golf R with tune territory. :iswydt:
It'll be sub-4 seconds to 60. The regular base :manuel: car did 4.0 and the "T" model is lighter with shorter gearing and an LSD... and they have tunes out for the 911s now too so you can probably get about as quick as the C7Z with a tune.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:23 pm If we are going to spend :waxer: 's money on a Porch we should at least spec a GT3 or something. 0-60 in 4 seconds is Golf R with tune territory. :iswydt:
It'll be sub-4 seconds to 60. The regular base :manuel: car did 4.0 and the "T" model is lighter with shorter gearing and an LSD... and they have tunes out for the 911s now too so you can probably get about as quick as the C7Z with a tune.
That may not thrill sirwacksalot.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:23 pm
troyguitar wrote:
That may not thrill sirwacksalot.
That's what I was thinking after I read the linked article.

A Porch would need to be a GT3 or Turbo S in my mind to make me happy as far as performance goes... then there's the perf/$ equation that needs to be considered, I don't just want a badge.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:23 pm That may not thrill sirwacksalot.

A Porch would need to be a GT3 or Turbo S in my mind to make me happy as far as performance goes... then there's the perf/$ equation that needs to be considered, I don't just want a badge.
There can be zero chance of you getting punk'd in your once in a lifetime exotic dream car by an Asian high school kid with a hopped up k20 under the hood or a 20 yr old grey C5 with a brubstick. 3 second 0-60 or bust.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote:Image

Nice wang!
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:04 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote:

There can be zero chance of you getting punk'd in your once in a lifetime exotic dream car by an Asian high school kid with a hopped up k20 under the hood or a 20 yr old grey C5 with a brubstick. 3 second 0-60 or bust.
Whatever I get will need to be as fast as my Z06, or faster.
troyguitar

CorvetteWaxer wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:04 pm There can be zero chance of you getting punk'd in your once in a lifetime exotic dream car by an Asian high school kid with a hopped up k20 under the hood or a 20 yr old grey C5 with a brubstick. 3 second 0-60 or bust.
Whatever I get will need to be as fast as my Z06, or faster.
That's not anything with a :manuel: then... GT3 isn't really faster than a base 911 (or the T) because torque+gearing.

GT3 isn't as fast as a C6 Z06 let alone a C7. You need GT2RS or turbro S from porsche land.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

The two GT3s I found nearby are PDK.