Home chat 1.0

Building Bag End? Did your front fall off? More leaks than a Chinese steamboat? Show us your pinterest projects!

How do you house, brah?

Own it
67%
Rent it
19%
:crang: in mom's basement
10%
:dong: grabbing frat house
2%
At school
No votes
I'm nomadic
2%

Total votes: 42
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:34 pm
wap wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:19 pm Update:
Roofer dude called me back after my leaving another voicemail. Said his guys told him they didn't want to use a sleeve because the AC was fitting tight in the opening without one. :bs: I told him that I grabbed the AC and could freely move it all around in the hole and, furthermore, the instructions very clearly stated that a sleeve is required, even going so far as to specify what kind of grill is needed in the back. He basically said he wasn't going to argue with me, that it was my house and he chooses to believe me. I offered to buy the sleeve and he said to let him know when it arrives and he'll send his guys back and have them install it properly per the instructions. He further said that he understands that if it were his house of course he'd want it done the right way for the long haul. I was satisfied with that and told him I had no hard feelings against his guys or him, I just want it done right and he understood.

The best thing is that I have not yet paid him anything so I'm not really worried that I won't be made happy. I owe him $18g's and he knows he ain't getting a dime until I'm satisfied.
:fuckyeah:

Sounds like a 5/7 resolution.
Let's hope!
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:45 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:34 pm

Sounds like a 5/7 resolution.
Ron Broham 1
ROW 0
Per the usual
:lolol: :yeahok:
wap

Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:55 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:45 pm

Ron Broham 1
ROW 0
Per the usual
Ron is the original :alpo:
:notbad:
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '04 R32, '90 Miata, '17 CB300F

It's on the market, officially. Pics are from when we moved, realtor is getting new ones done ASAP. We told them it had to be on the market Oct. 1. Tenant has been a hassle and has a stipulation in the lease that they could do a 6-month lease with no rent jump if it was in show shape for the last 60 days, which started today. Esp. critical since they have to clear appts to show with the tenant.

I really really really really really hope it fucking sells or we're going to go insane.

http://www.flexmls.com/link.html?1arr7g ... 12,1,66892
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

stripethree wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:17 pm It's on the market, officially. Pics are from when we moved, realtor is getting new ones done ASAP. We told them it had to be on the market Oct. 1. Tenant has been a hassle and has a stipulation in the lease that they could do a 6-month lease with no rent jump if it was in show shape for the last 60 days, which started today. Esp. critical since they have to clear appts to show with the tenant.

I really really really really really hope it fucking sells or we're going to go insane.

http://www.flexmls.com/link.html?1arr7g ... 12,1,66892
Good luck man!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

[user not found] wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:45 pm I'm officially a homeowner.

I got fucked on the sewer, the small HVAC issue on the refrigerant line, and the chimney, but at this point I'm just over it.

Contractor started pushing back against the seller, even - so I pulled all the stops out, said enough is enough, cut me a check for $1000 towards the repairs, and we'll call it done.

We wrapped up closing at 5PM. Tomorrow I head over in the morning to vacuum out the cobwebs, measure things, get the locks rekeyed, and start setting up utilities.

Congrats bro!!!! Exciting time.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
SixSpeeder
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiat

I got fucked on the sewer, the small HVAC issue on the refrigerant line, and the chimney, but at this point I'm just over it.

Contractor started pushing back against the seller, even - so I pulled all the stops out, said enough is enough, cut me a check for $1000 towards the repairs, and we'll call it done.

We wrapped up closing at 5PM. Tomorrow I head over in the morning to vacuum out the cobwebs, measure things, get the locks rekeyed, and start setting up utilities.
dyslexic wrote:DO YOU FEEL FEAR
Apex
Drives: Abominable

In4 braps and BBQ housewarming.

Congrats dude!
wap

Congrats Dude! I'm happy for you that it's finally over. Hope you enjoy being a homo- ner.

:trollface:
Acid666
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Welcome to the start of never ending fun!
It's worth it though. Congrats tee!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Congrats [user not found]!! Hope things are smooth sailing for you from here on in.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:04 am Thanks guys.

Expecting choppy waters for a while.
Eh, just take it all in stride and take your time. We've owned 2 houses now, and for each it took us 12 mos before we really felt settled and the places were how we wanted them to be. Just don't let it :rage: you out and enjoy the process. Homeownershit, despite what many claim, can actually be quite enjoyable.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:45 am
Detroit wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:36 am
Eh, just take it all in stride and take your time. We've owned 2 houses now, and for each it took us 12 mos before we really felt settled and the places were how we wanted them to be. Just don't let it :rage: you out and enjoy the process. Homeownershit, despite what many claim, can actually be quite enjoyable.
Yeah, no - just trying to get everything in place. Changed all the addresses last night so I can go get the driver's license today and start getting the vehicles registered.

Sewer works, HVAC works, chimney is what it is. It'll all be taken care of in due time.
There ya go.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:45 am
Yeah, no - just trying to get everything in place. Changed all the addresses last night so I can go get the driver's license today and start getting the vehicles registered.

Sewer works, HVAC works, chimney is what it is. It'll all be taken care of in due time.
There ya go.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:48 am
[user not found] wrote:

Make sure to set up mail forwarding too to catch the stuff the address changes don't get
Oh, VERY good point.

I received forwarded mail for a while, even after switching addresses on many things.

It's really easy to setup online too.
wap

[user not found] wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:04 am Thanks guys.

Expecting choppy waters for a while.
:dat:
It's a great feeling, really, to be a member of the modern day Landed Gentry.
wap

[user not found] wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:46 am
wap wrote:
:notbad:
Fact
:wub:
wap

Detroit wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:00 am
[user not found] wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:48 am Make sure to set up mail forwarding too to catch the stuff the address changes don't get
Oh, VERY good point.

I received forwarded mail for a while, even after switching addresses on many things.

It's really easy to setup online too.
:dat:
I think it's good for 6 months or maybe more. Plenty of time, really. Anything that goes to the old address after that is probably nothing you really want anyway.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Engage Pinshit Warp Drive.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

:truk: :truk: :truk:

Pinshit! :fuckyeah:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:39 pm Moving commences tomorrow at 0900.
:ohmy:

The journey to Zil's inner :disgust: Kowalski begins.

:amazing:
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:55 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:54 pm

:ohmy:

The journey to Zil's inner :disgust: Kowalski begins.

:amazing:
:disgust:
You've got the porch for it beotch. Just need a cooler full of PBR.
wap

[user not found] wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:39 pm Moving commences tomorrow at 0900.
wap

Zil,

French doors, wood work, hardwood floors, and vintage heat register all look 5/7. The trim around your windows looks a lot like mine.

I really like your house. Any idea how old it is?
Acid666
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

[user not found] wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:39 am Moving day was a success. Picked up ze U-Haul at 8PM on Sat, found that it was missing the requested blankets and dolly... small setback but I was able to get them from the local U-Haul facility in the AM.

Did two big 20’ truckloads of stuff, cleaned out the new garage, and scheduled an appt for 1-800-GOT-JUNK to come out and cart it away.

98% of our stuff is in the house or garage, not much left in the old place but cats and kitchen stuff.

And here I am at 1:38 AM, wiping down baseboards and trim and waiting for the wife to get here so we can set up the bedroom and go to bed.

Looks fun! Hope it all went smooth. Moving can be a pain or a breeze when you're organized. OMG CAT ROOM! CAT PARTY!