Strut your greasy stuff!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Big Brain Bradley wrote:
Detroit wrote:To recap, current plan is:

Clutch
Heads/Cam
4.10 gears

Trying to keep the entire cost to around $4k, so there needs to be some balancing. If I save some on the clutch, I could probably stretch the budget for a better radiator and oil cooler.

Should be the most :lolol: vehicle I've ever had.
you will need the cooling, i'd save the money and not :scrooge: on the radiator
The radiator is low on my list since of all the shit I'm doing, it's the easiest to swap out. I can do it in an afternoon ZFG.

But if the budget allows, it would be super easy to install this go-round since the radiator will be out anyway. And the headers will be off, so easier to run the oil cooler line.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Detroit wrote:
Big Brain Bradley wrote:
you will need the cooling, i'd save the money and not :scrooge: on the radiator
The radiator is low on my list since of all the shit I'm doing, it's the easiest to swap out. I can do it in an afternoon ZFG.

But if the budget allows, it would be super easy to install this go-round since the radiator will be out anyway. And the headers will be off, so easier to run the oil cooler line.
Then do oil cooling, much more effective for keeping temps from spiking when using all that POWWWAAAA
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

dubshow wrote:wait you have a shop taht size with a lift?? or is that your dads house?
Yea, that's my dad's garage. just one street over from mine. I can limp a car over there easily (which is my plan with :eeyore: )
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Detroit wrote:
dubshow wrote:wait you have a shop taht size with a lift?? or is that your dads house?
Yea, that's my dad's garage. just one street over from mine. I can limp a car over there easily (which is my plan with :eeyore: )

not bad at all, i should go remove all my property from my dads shop. appartenly my few boxes are really holding him up from his 30+ years of projects in it.
ChrisoftheNorth

dubshow wrote:
Detroit wrote: Yea, that's my dad's garage. just one street over from mine. I can limp a car over there easily (which is my plan with :eeyore: )

not bad at all, i should go remove all my property from my dads shop. appartenly my few boxes are really holding him up from his 30+ years of projects in it.
:lolgasm:

My dad pulls the same stuff too. If I'm not actively working on something, he hounds me to get it out. That's why the car has to sit in my POS garage until I can get working on it, even though the lift has been unused since the clutch broke last month.

Oh well.
ChrisoftheNorth

But it looks like there's a lot of sales on parts this time of the year, so being patient will mean getting even more done.

:fuckyeah:
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote:But it looks like there's a lot of sales on parts this time of the year, so being patient will mean getting even more done.

:fuckyeah:
:fuckyeah: dat flying :eeyore:
ChrisoftheNorth

Guess I'll ruin my thread with :plac: thoughts instead of shitting over others. I know most will be :whocares: , but the ZR2 was revealed, and my want is pegged at the max.

For reference:

My ideal garage would be this and the brubtub, but cost is likely prohibitive to keeping both.

Or are they?

if I just fixed the brubtub and didn't do any mods, I could save the $4k I would have spent on modz and put it toward a ZR2.
Or
Maybe go half retard with the Brub tub...cam-only (wouldn't overpower a stock clutch), gears, and done...for $2k, leaving my $2k to put toward the truck.

Shit.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

trucks are stupid
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote:trucks are stupid
:whocares:

So are motorcycles.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

[user not found] wrote:
I fucking love you
:wub:
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Detroit wrote:
:whocares:

So are motorcycles.
:rolleyes:
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote:
Detroit wrote: :whocares:

So are motorcycles.
ChrisoftheNorth

My thing is that, I really have nowhere to enjoy a sports car...other than on the highway or wherever. Infamous could care less about track days or autox, but she loves offroading. I could actually enjoy my automotive hobby with her in a ZR2, something I can't really do with the brubtub.

But I know offing the brubtub for a ZR2 is folly. Keeping both is perfect. I need to noodle on this a bit.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

:gtfo:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Detroit wrote:My thing is that, I really have nowhere to enjoy a sports car...other than on the highway or wherever. Infamous could care less about track days or autox, but she loves offroading. I could actually enjoy my automotive hobby with her in a ZR2, something I can't really do with the brubtub.

But I know offing the brubtub for a ZR2 is folly. Keeping both is perfect. I need to noodle on this a bit.
IDK man a dedicated rig or a used side by side would be both less expensive AND more fun for this type of activity.
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote:
Detroit wrote:My thing is that, I really have nowhere to enjoy a sports car...other than on the highway or wherever. Infamous could care less about track days or autox, but she loves offroading. I could actually enjoy my automotive hobby with her in a ZR2, something I can't really do with the brubtub.

IDK man a dedicated rig or a used side by side would be both less expensive AND more fun for this type of activity.
Yea, but I don't have space to store a side-by-side with trailer.

I've thought about a dedicated rig, but I'd have to replace the 1SMP with it, and since I actually use the truck as a truck, that's what I'd need. I don't want a full size truck as an offroader (too wide), so I'm left to a last gen Colorado since all decent S-10's have rusted away. A 5.3 Colorado would be :notbad: , but their pricing is drugs. Same with an H3T, which I've considered at length. I don't really want to drive a Toyota around Detroit, and Jeep doesn't have any trucks...unless I bought an old school J10, which would be badass, but would rust into oblivion within a few winters.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Detroit wrote:
Big Brain Bradley wrote:
Yea, but I don't have space to store a side-by-side with trailer.

I've thought about a dedicated rig, but I'd have to replace the 1SMP with it, and since I actually use the truck as a truck, that's what I'd need. I don't want a full size truck as an offroader (too wide), so I'm left to a last gen Colorado since all decent S-10's have rusted away. A 5.3 Colorado would be :notbad: , but their pricing is drugs. Same with an H3T, which I've considered at length. I don't really want to drive a Toyota around Detroit, and Jeep doesn't have any trucks...unless I bought an old school J10, which would be badass, but would rust into oblivion within a few winters.
you are making excuses.
1. the smaller SXS dont need trailer if you also have your lovely 1 SMP fullsize.
2. they dont take up THAT MUCH room anyway. And who says the thing needs to be stored in the garage (what you are getting at) Buy used, partly beat so the new is knocked off, store outside under a cover ZFG. Put insurance on it so if it grows legs, its ZFG.

I know you man, you will rage hard the first time something happens to that truck. and IT WILL GET FUCKED, trail riding is real hard on equipment. Something bad happens like rolling or something too the insurance will tell you to get fucked.
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Wait, a small SxS could fit in a 6" full size truck bed?

I thought they were all much wider than that.

Hmmmm
ChrisoftheNorth

ChrisoftheNorth

Fuck, this changes things.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

i see the fax went through and i got a confirmation post :fuckyeah:
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

you can buy ramps with a curve too so you dont need to do the guys 2x6 trick

https://www.amazon.com/Rage-Powersports ... 96&sr=1-19
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Now, I wonder if I can make one street legal? That would make it an easy sell Infamous for bombing around the city. Would be 5/7 dual purpose fuck around mobile.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Detroit wrote:Now, I wonder if I can make one street legal? That would make it an easy sell Infamous for bombing around the city. Would be 5/7 dual purpose fuck around mobile.
that gets MUCH more difficult and depends on state laws. I know MI is STUPID easy for minibikes to get street legal. But 4 wheels, IDK. best bet is to pop into an atv shop and ask them.
brain go brrrrrr