Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

dubshow wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:25 pm
wap wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:13 pm

This is the only pic from page one: :lol:

:notwrong:
:lolol:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Gather round boys. Another tale to cringe your soul.

Get a call from ray ray. Leaving work sitting in traffic. He coyly says he is "at the dealer looking at getting a new Pilot". :bruh: :wtf:

Backstory:

They have owned 5 pilots now. Since 2009 ish. 2 of square body. 3 of new. Most were fairly issue free. the 2nd burned oil around 70-80k miles, so it was traded in on the new body style. He always liked them and felt it was an easy choice to keep buying the same appliance over and over. The deals, however, got worse and worse. They stopped holding value as well and get kept getting the one up trim level.

Enter 2019. Goes for the Elite. A $49k fucking honduh. :disgust: Traded the other one in with under 30k miles. Got zero deal from the :dillerman: that "he trusted because he did the electrical for their ground up new dillershit". :yeahok: Got hosed on trade in for a perfectly fine pilot and got like $2500 off msrp on a $49k fucking honduh.

I suggest he stop losing his ass on these now and lease one if he only keeps the car 2 years and gets the same fucking car each year. :nope: not having that. :fullretard:

So now the 2019 new hotness has issues. Full digital dash goes out in month one. Radio goes out next, month 2. It goes in for 2 weeks to diag and replace. They didnt even give them a loaner. :wtf:

Ray gets car back. Dash/cluster stuff replaced. They didnt code the miles on the odo. He sheepishly tells me this and I'm like bruh, you need to get back and have that fixed asap. All that is logged (things we all know) and it will flag for odo fraud even thought its a :dillerman: mistake. :nope: ray things he is getting 5k free miles on the man. Hes gonna stick it to them now. I forget about all this as it was months ago and he eventually agreed to get it fixed.

Enter yesterday. radio is having static and crackle on all channels. Goes to a new dealer, that they havent used before. :notsure: Car getting looked at, they sitting. His bright idea, Ray is going to negotiate with them into giving him a new car and take this old one back. 7-8 months of ownershit now. 6k miles with 5k miles being magically erased. He does the :dillerman: dance. "They gonna take care of me". He is there for 3+ hours. I get a call around 6. He is furious. "They offered me $30k on a $47k car that is 6 months old! :howdareu: "

:lolol: I feel for him and explain Im glad he walked. I encourage him to just have it fixed and go shop for something better/nicer. This morning I remember the saga of odo and shit. I look up kbb on pilot. Value are 36-39k. :wtf: I call him back. "Did you ever get your odo coded back correctly?" :nope:

:bruh:

:lolol: you idiot. You just made your car near unsellable in your effort to hide 5k miles. Im waiting on the vin to confirm this epic fuck up of :derp:
Last edited by dubshow on Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

in4 the vin run :popcorn:
brain go brrrrrr
wap

:amaze:
:popcorn:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:25 pm in4 the vin run :popcorn:
the vin has been obtained! Waiting on our resident :dillerman:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Waiting for dem Carfax

4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Melon wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:24 pm Waiting for dem Carfax

:lolol:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Thank you. These stories always make me feel better about myself.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Vin came in clean on carfax, for now. Last oil change didnt post odo reading. This recent radio fix will likely flag it. :popcorn:
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:58 pm Thank you. These stories always make me feel better about myself.
:dat: :lol:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Didnt have to go far!

Last week ray ray picked up a 5th wheel camper. its really not bad. A 2017 for $24k at the local :dillerman: Supposedly that "had 30 in it" :iono:

Its a nice camper for sure and MUCH better than spending $100k on a salvage title RV bus that dont run... :wtf: :ohwell:

First up, he wants to buy new kayaks on a whim. Mind you I sold mine since no one used it for 4+ years and i used it once during the 2016 flood and he bitched about it taking up space in his shop...

Luckily I schooled the :derp: that ever kayak is different design, quality and purpose. You really cant white water rapid and lake kayak with the same one.... Next up? An out door KITCHEN! "I WILL NEVER COOK IN THE CAMPER KITCHEN, IT MUST STAY CLEAN"

:bruh: :lolol: :yeahok:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

What goes with a new camper? Well, a 5th wheel hitch. He was smart enough to get a nice used BW locally for 1/2 price new.

Then decides his 2018 $65k 2500 is too close to warranty at 32k miles. So? NEW TRUCK SHOPPING! :lolol:

he really is on a hard spree to go broke. Its :impressive: New truck makes sense because our fucked up taxing policy/deductions/depreciation. "As long as I keep a $900 note" :disgust:

Jokes on him when he has to park the behemoth. Its a full 12" longer than the 2018 model.

http://www.legacybuickgmc.com/VehicleDe ... 3751929923

All this is an effort to take my 2 sisters to the grand canyon. :notsure:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Oh man, Ray Ray fucking delivers. This thread is always good for some :popcorn: every time it pops up.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 3:51 pm Oh man, Ray Ray fucking delivers. This thread is always good for some :popcorn: every time it pops up.
He playing :dillerman: fuck fuck games now over in slidell, which is about 2 hours away from center swamp.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Ray Ray. Singlehandedly propping up the LA economy during COVID.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

dubshow wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 3:32 pm Didnt have to go far!

Last week ray ray picked up a 5th wheel camper. its really not bad. A 2017 for $24k at the local :dillerman: Supposedly that "had 30 in it" :iono:

Its a nice camper for sure and MUCH better than spending $100k on a salvage title RV bus that dont run... :wtf: :ohwell:

First up, he wants to buy new kayaks on a whim. Mind you I sold mine since no one used it for 4+ years and i used it once during the 2016 flood and he bitched about it taking up space in his shop...

Luckily I schooled the :derp: that ever kayak is different design, quality and purpose. You really cant white water rapid and lake kayak with the same one.... Next up? An out door KITCHEN! "I WILL NEVER COOK IN THE CAMPER KITCHEN, IT MUST STAY CLEAN"

$24k for that is tremendous value if it doesn't fall apart. Appears to have similar stuff as my dad's $150k diesel pusher.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

dubshow wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 3:37 pm What goes with a new camper? Well, a 5th wheel hitch. He was smart enough to get a nice used BW locally for 1/2 price new.

Then decides his 2018 $65k 2500 is too close to warranty at 32k miles. So? NEW TRUCK SHOPPING! :lolol:

he really is on a hard spree to go broke. Its :impressive: New truck makes sense because our fucked up taxing policy/deductions/depreciation. "As long as I keep a $900 note" :disgust:

Jokes on him when he has to park the behemoth. Its a full 12" longer than the 2018 model.

http://www.legacybuickgmc.com/VehicleDe ... 3751929923

All this is an effort to take my 2 sisters to the grand canyon. :notsure:
The GM HD trucks are absolutely hideous. But glad he likes it.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SO BEEG.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 4:14 pm

$24k for that is tremendous value if it doesn't fall apart. Appears to have similar stuff as my dad's $150k diesel pusher.
msrp was $60k. its pretty high end and was stored in a building. Its really a :notbad: deal
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

:dat:

THe camper is actually pretty dope.

If I were single, I'd consider just living in something like that if I could find a cheap place to park it.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

$94K buys you a lot of flights/hotels at the Grand Canyon :doe:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

D Griff wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 4:57 pm $94K buys you a lot of flights/hotels at the Grand Canyon :doe:
But can you cook meth out of them while you are there? :notsure:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Apex wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 4:58 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 4:57 pm $94K buys you a lot of flights/hotels at the Grand Canyon :doe:
But can you cook meth out of them while you are there? :notsure:
Bring your own isobutane camp stove and you can cook meth wherever you feel like. Mine fits in my pocket.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

dubshow wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 4:54 pm
msrp was $60k. its pretty high end and was stored in a building. Its really a :notbad: deal
I have to agree on this one, if you're going to fifth wheel, he's done it just about as good as you can
brain go brrrrrr
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Nothing Good

D Griff wrote:
Detroit wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 4:14 pm $24k for that is tremendous value if it doesn't fall apart. Appears to have similar stuff as my dad's $150k diesel pusher.
:dat:

THe camper is actually pretty dope.

If I were single, I'd consider just living in something like that if I could find a cheap place to park it.
One of the guys at work sold his house last year and is living full time in a camper very similar to this.

I’m kinda :jelly:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk