Women's Rights... to their own bodies, income, etc.

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Alternative facts.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

[user not found] wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:26 pm So, let me get this right...

Fucking INDIA gets 6 months of paid maternity leave. And in the US?

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/new ... 560228.cms

:rolleyes:
why is this such a :triggered: issue with people? Like take time off. save your vacation. take the time unpaid.
If your company wont let you, do you really want to work for a place with those kind of values?
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

[user not found] wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:47 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:44 pm

why is this such a :triggered: issue with people? Like take time off. save your vacation. take the time unpaid.
If your company wont let you, do you really want to work for a place with those kind of values?
I think that's the issue. People get fired for taking leave.

And that's not a minority issue, that's a majority issue.

TBH, I'm not so much concerned about paid maternity leave, as it is maternity leave in general - and I don't even have kids or want kids.

Parents being at home to be parents is such a core fundamental building block of raising kids... and it's being squashed out because people are afraid of losing jobs over raising their kids right.
I think its an overblown issue.

People that are in a position to NEED the job and not take leave either 1. planned poorly or 2. create their own NEED via huge house, cars, etc. Ie lifestyle choices.

I just don't see it in industry where people with skilled jobs are shit canned because they want to take a few extra weeks off.

I mean, of course i dont think its right. But more laws for shit like this thats in the weeds when gays are looking at losing rights and we still borrow 33 cents on the dollar and are starting another war in the middle east....
brain go brrrrrr
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

[user not found] wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:57 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:56 pm

I think its an overblown issue.

People that are in a position to NEED the job and not take leave either 1. planned poorly or 2. create their own NEED via huge house, cars, etc. Ie lifestyle choices.

I just don't see it in industry where people with skilled jobs are shit canned because they want to take a few extra weeks off.

I mean, of course i dont think its right. But more laws for shit like this thats in the weeds when gays are looking at losing rights and we still borrow 33 cents on the dollar and are starting another war in the middle east....
There's just too many bubbles to poke with pins.

Wars in the middle east, crumbling bridges, "The greatest healthcare plan of 2017," etc.

:|
I believe it's a full year in Germany but yea, all :dat: :disappoint:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

[user not found] wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:45 pm http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 26441.html

:notbad:

Goes to prove how ridiculous some of these laws are.
Got to catch me first.

I'll be the :jizz: bandit!

:trollface:
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
wap

[user not found] wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:45 pm http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 26441.html

:notbad:

Goes to prove how ridiculous some of these laws are.
:lolol: Brilliant!!
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

wap wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:57 pm
[user not found] wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:57 pm

There's just too many bubbles to poke with pins.

Wars in the middle east, crumbling bridges, "The greatest healthcare plan of 2017," etc.

:|
Germany doesn't fight wars (anymore). They can afford social benefits.
german defense spending $65 Billion. (extrapolated to US population ~260 billion)
american defense spending $600 billion...
$340 billion sure buys a lot of social welfare spending
wap

max225 wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:31 pm

german defense spending $65 Billion. (extrapolated to US population ~260 billion)
Sure. So let's stop the madness and reign in "defense" spending and start spending our money on worthwhile things, like our people.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

wap wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:01 pm
Sure. So let's stop the madness and reign in "defense" spending and start spending our money on worthwhile things, like our people.
:notsure:
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

wap wrote:
max225 wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:31 pm Germany doesn't fight wars (anymore). They can afford social benefits.
But our people need those military jobs.
wap

troyguitar wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:03 pm
wap wrote:
But our people need those military jobs.
:yeahok:
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

wap wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:01 pm
Honestly the future is very much :eeyore: for this country or any that comes not invest in its people. After the boomers die out we will have a society makeup of complete :derp: and :baby: :millennial: who have blinded themselves into ignorance by focusing on things such as gender neutral bathrooms and abortions when it should be focused on healthcare, education, and infrastructure.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

:mindblown:

The U.S. Department of Defense budget accounted in fiscal year 2010 for about 19% of the United States federal budgeted expenditures and 28% of estimated tax revenues. Including non-DOD expenditures, military spending was approximately 28–38% of budgeted expenditures and 42–57% of estimated tax revenues.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

or almost balances the budget.
brain go brrrrrr
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Wow this thread is fucked. So is the Muslim one.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:35 am Wow this thread is fucked. So is the Muslim one.
Facts make ppl :triggered:
max225

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/haeli-wey-e ... -students/

Fremale (hot) teacher boned a couple of male students and got no jail time. They were under age... imagine if it was a teacher BRO.

He'd be locked up for good.

Womennz rightz
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

max225 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:21 pm http://www.cbsnews.com/news/haeli-wey-e ... -students/

Fremale (hot) teacher boned a couple of male students and got no jail time. They were under age... imagine if it was a teacher BRO.

He'd be locked up for good.

Womennz rightz
privilege
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Copied from facetubes

feels.jpg
Julie Borowski
4 mins ·
"What do you prefer: a low paying job that you love or a high paying job that you hate?"

My guess is that many men and women would answer that differently. I think far more women would take the low paying that they love and more men would take the high paying job that they hate. And that's their choice.

As a woman, I never felt pressure to be the breadwinner. Don't get me wrong. I've always felt pressure to be successful (and I'm glad for that), but money isn't the only way to measure success. I've had more freedom to explore fulfilling and meaningful careers. I'm certainly not rich as an Internet political commentator, but I get by and love what I do. I know I can make more money elsewhere, but I likely wouldn't enjoy it as much. Women like me are the reason for the gender wage gap.

Men, on the other hand, money is more of an motivating factor in choosing a career. Not that there's anything wrong with that. There's more pressure for men to provide financially for a family. I typed in "high paying bad jobs" on Google. Top 10 list: Garbage collector, gastroenterologist, oil rig worker, portable toilet cleaner, crab fisherman, sewer inspector, coal miner, embalmer, plumber, crime scene cleaner. Want to guess the gender breakdown in those fields? Mostly men, I'm sure. I wouldn't double or even triple my salary to do any of those jobs full-time.

This is my message for #EqualPayDay. Money isn't the only thing to consider. Women have higher job satisfaction. Men have more workplace fatalities. And keep in mind, that the 77 cent wage gap statistic is not comparing women and men in the same field or job. It's just overall median wages. It tells us that men and women tend to gravitate towards different careers, and there's not necessarily anything wrong with that.
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:54 am Copied from facetubes

feels.jpg
Julie Borowski
4 mins ·
"What do you prefer: a low paying job that you love or a high paying job that you hate?"

My guess is that many men and women would answer that differently. I think far more women would take the low paying that they love and more men would take the high paying job that they hate. And that's their choice.

As a woman, I never felt pressure to be the breadwinner. Don't get me wrong. I've always felt pressure to be successful (and I'm glad for that), but money isn't the only way to measure success. I've had more freedom to explore fulfilling and meaningful careers. I'm certainly not rich as an Internet political commentator, but I get by and love what I do. I know I can make more money elsewhere, but I likely wouldn't enjoy it as much. Women like me are the reason for the gender wage gap.

Men, on the other hand, money is more of an motivating factor in choosing a career. Not that there's anything wrong with that. There's more pressure for men to provide financially for a family. I typed in "high paying bad jobs" on Google. Top 10 list: Garbage collector, gastroenterologist, oil rig worker, portable toilet cleaner, crab fisherman, sewer inspector, coal miner, embalmer, plumber, crime scene cleaner. Want to guess the gender breakdown in those fields? Mostly men, I'm sure. I wouldn't double or even triple my salary to do any of those jobs full-time.

This is my message for #EqualPayDay. Money isn't the only thing to consider. Women have higher job satisfaction. Men have more workplace fatalities. And keep in mind, that the 77 cent wage gap statistic is not comparing women and men in the same field or job. It's just overall median wages. It tells us that men and women tend to gravitate towards different careers, and there's not necessarily anything wrong with that.
:triggered:

Infamous and I were just talking about this the other night. Such truth here.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:00 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:54 am Copied from facetubes

feels.jpg

i mean, if i didn't have to worry about that shit or be a breadwinner, i'd 100% go fuck off and be a racecar mechanic / engineer/ driver / or the like. (edit: I'd be like :mahtroy: :lolol: )

Many women work the jobs they do because they don't have to do something that pays better

That :mindblown: truth bomb.
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:06 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:00 pm

i mean, if i didn't have to worry about that shit or be a breadwinner, i'd 100% go fuck off and be a racecar mechanic / engineer/ driver / or the like. (edit: I'd be like :mahtroy: :lolol: )

Many women work the jobs they do because they don't have to do something that pays better

That :mindblown: truth bomb.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Infamous blamed spawning. Apparently some chick went on maternity leave in her office. Another dude took on her work while she was gone, and got promoted partially because of the extra work he was doing. Chick went full :triggered: to Infamous about how it's not fair, etc. Infamous told her "you should have thought of that before spawning".

:wub: my wife
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:31 pm Infamous blamed spawning. Apparently some chick went on maternity leave in her office. Another dude took on her work while she was gone, and got promoted partially because of the extra work he was doing. Chick went full :triggered: to Infamous about how it's not fair, etc. Infamous told her "you should have thought of that before spawning".

:wub: my wife
:lolol:

Infamous's reaction was perfect.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

I've definitely gotten paid extra to do middle of the night emergency support work that my wife says she would never sign up for.

Mahtroy is the smartest :success: to his efforts!