Truk Talk: Invest in Trukcoin!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2018/04/11/ ... -says.html

Completely useless bed!

7.0 liter V8
or 6.2 supercharged V8
America FUCK Yea

CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

For the record, I was a Ford only guy as was my family from the time before I was born up until 1995 when the dealers screwed me over on service issues.

Switch to primarily Chevy at that point and have not been burned or treated poorly since.

Fast forward 20 years and in get a Mustang again and..... More quality issues and dealer BS.

Fool me once, shame on you... Fool me twice, fuck you, mother fucker. Won't get fooled again.
max225

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:18 pm For the record, I was a Ford only guy as was my family from the time before I was born up until 1995 when the dealers screwed me over on service issues.

Switch to primarily Chevy at that point and have not been burned or treated poorly since.

Fast forward 20 years and in get a Mustang again and..... More quality issues and dealer BS.

Fool me once, shame on you... Fool me twice, fuck you, mother fucker. Won't get fooled again.
I am shocked you haven't had FCA service issues. They are abysmal in our area. One of the worst dealerships groups period, almost every single one.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:30 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:18 pm For the record, I was a Ford only guy as was my family from the time before I was born up until 1995 when the dealers screwed me over on service issues.

I am shocked you haven't had FCA service issues. They are abysmal in our area. One of the worst dealerships groups period, almost every single one.
The JKU has been in twice.

Once for a weird power mirror issue and once for the radiator leak.

Both times the dealers were really cool with me. I think they are Jeep fans. Kinda like Harley, I have yet to get attitude at any dealership, even the people at the retail counter.
max225

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:45 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:30 pm

Both times the dealers were really cool with me. I think they are Jeep fans. Kinda like Harley, I have yet to get attitude at any dealership, even the people at the retail counter.
I thought they could never fix the issue...

All I know is trying to schedule oil changes/having them try to ream you in the ass for a $500 oil change on a Ram Econodiesel and $300 on a 300s... and that was 4 separate dealers... also not honoring their quick lane or whatever and sending ppl away even though it is not supposed to require appointments. :disgust:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:10 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:45 pm

I thought they could never fix the issue...

All I know is trying to schedule oil changes/having them try to ream you in the ass for a $500 oil change on a Ram Econodiesel and $300 on a 300s... and that was 4 separate dealers... also not honoring their quick lane or whatever and sending ppl away even though it is not supposed to require appointments. :disgust:
The issue was intermittent, but when I went in for the radiator they checked all the pins on the connectors and I haven't seen the issue since.

I never go on for oil or regular crap, only for real issues. For the radiator they took me in the next day and it was fixed the day after. I was out of town and they held it for 3 more days without a complaint.

Maybe like I said they're just keep guys at this dealer, I dunno.
Last edited by CorvetteWaxer on Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:10 pm http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2018/04/11/ ... -says.html

Completely useless bed!

7.0 liter V8
or 6.2 supercharged V8
America FUCK Yea

A Ram Rebel would be awesome. This is just bonkers. Props to FCA for building it.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

[user not found] wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:40 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:05 pm Also, according to this forum, you are dumb AF for buying a Ford product. 4Zilch is a moran. Ferd is garbage.
The Ferd track record is not promising. I had problems with a bone-stock Focus, my dad has issues with his bone-stock 2004 F-350, Griffington has issues with his :fatty: Ferd-platformed bangbus.

4Zilch is an outlier with the FiST but from reading the FiST threads on other forumz, they're not immune to their own issues.

Ferd just has shitty dealer tactics, poor customer service that favors the dealer over the customer, and they're really slow to address issues.

[edit] Forgot about Waxer and his short-lived stint in a Moostang as well (although he had issues with his Mulletaro 1LE too).
As more of a Ferd guy I hate to say this, but I think you're right. They're rated in the lower half of quality rankings IIRC, which further proves it. The Bang Bus F550 is a pretty big turd overall, a lot of that may be due to :fatty: , but still. It's a :truk: , should be able to do :truk: things.

I've had a very mixed :dillerman: experience, with probably 40% good (3-5/7), 40% mediocre (2.5-3/7), and 20% full 1/7.

All that said, I would and likely will still own some at some point, because I've always liked them, and they're also one of the best car enthusiast companies, with multiple :manuel: vehicles offered and great performance per dollar at every price point. GM, VW, Honderp, Toyota, none of those other big guys have as large an enthusiast car portfolio.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:57 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:52 pm All that said, I would and likely will still own some at some point, because I've always liked them, and they're also one of the best car enthusiast companies, with multiple :manuel: vehicles offered and great performance per dollar at every price point. GM, VW, Honderp, Toyota, none of those other big guys have as large an enthusiast car portfolio.
And this is why Ferd still grabs my attention.

I'd totally Moostang over Camullet.
So, you want to run over people in crowds vs outrun the competition?
:D
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

D Griff wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:52 pm All that said, I would and likely will still own some at some point, because I've always liked them, and they're also one of the best car enthusiast companies, with multiple :manuel: vehicles offered and great performance per dollar at every price point. GM, VW, Honderp, Toyota, none of those other big guys have as large an enthusiast car portfolio.

:dat:

I wish I could like the Camullet, but... they're hideous and the visibility thing is very real and I really can't stand it.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:44 pm

I wish I could like the Camullet, but... they're hideous they should be and the visibility thing is very real and I really can't stand it.
Never minded the visibility issue and never really noticed it. I do know how to setup my mirrors :doe:

So many cars I see have the mirrors set so far off from where they should be.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:00 am
D Griff wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:44 pm

I wish I could like the Camullet, but... they're hideous they should be and the visibility thing is very real and I really can't stand it.
Never minded the visibility issue and never really noticed it. I do know how to setup my mirrors :doe:

:wrong:

You don't know what it's like. You only owned one. Others have rented them for DAYS at a time. It's horribad, breh.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:35 am

You don't know what it's like. You only owned one. Others have rented them for DAYS at a time. It's horribad, breh.
After sitting in it at the auto show.... my thought was just pony up for the C7. Visibility seemed halfway decent but the interior is such a horrible use of space, the dash and instrument binnacle is entirely too tall for no reason, and the infotainment screen is angled downwards for no reason. Plus it was crawling with middle school kids trying to change the LED colorz inside :disgust:

Meanwhile the C7 felt comfier, had a better view out front because reasonable dash height, a perfectly fine infotainment screen, was more driver centric, and had a better use of interior space than the Camaro.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:02 am

After sitting in it at the auto show.... my thought was just pony up for the C7. Visibility seemed halfway decent but the interior is such a horrible use of space, the dash and instrument binnacle is entirely too tall for no reason, and the infotainment screen is angled downwards for no reason. Plus it was crawling with middle school kids trying to change the LED colorz inside :disgust:

Meanwhile the C7 felt comfier, had a better view out front because reasonable dash height, a perfectly fine infotainment screen, was more driver centric, and had a better use of interior space than the Camaro.
Right, it's the use of interior space in the Camaro that kills it for me. The trunk is massive...but the opening is tiny so you can't fit anything in there. Wife and I rented one on vacation a few years back and had to put our suitcases in through the back seat (with the backs folded down. Insanity. Visibility, though when you spend some time with it really isn't an issue. Especially with the mirrors adjusted properly.

The screen is actually angled to reduce glare believe it or not, and the dash being higher does increase vertical leg room a bit. The binnacle is weird, agreed but it doesn't make me :triggered: They also has massive headroom which I love. If it was a liftback like the Gen 3/4's were, I'd own one.

But overall, you're absolutely right that incredibly the Corvette makes more sense. And it's why I'm stuck with my C5. It's bigger inside than the C7, so it's more comfortable and rear hatch is massive so I can fit a ton of stuff back there. It's really a great all-arounder. If it had a shorter front overhang with just a bit more ground clearance, it would truly be the perfect car.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:16 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:13 am
Right, it's the use of interior space in the Camaro that kills it for me. The trunk is massive...but the opening is tiny so you can't fit anything in there. Wife and I rented one on vacation a few years back and had to put our suitcases in through the back seat (with the backs folded down. Insanity. Visibility, though when you spend some time with it really isn't an issue. Especially with the mirrors adjusted properly.

The screen is actually angled to reduce glare believe it or not, and the dash being higher does increase vertical leg room a bit. The binnacle is weird, agreed but it doesn't make me :triggered: They also has massive headroom which I love. If it was a liftback like the Gen 3/4's were, I'd own one.

But overall, you're absolutely right that incredibly the Corvette makes more sense. And it's why I'm stuck with my C5. It's bigger inside than the C7, so it's more comfortable and rear hatch is massive so I can fit a ton of stuff back there. It's really a great all-arounder. If it had a shorter front overhang with just a bit more ground clearance, it would truly be the perfect car.
Lift it.
You joke, but I'm going to a tad. You can adjust the ride height on C5/6/7's with the stock suspension. I've got mine lowered a bit which looks :jimp: but isn't very practical day-to-day. I'm going to raise it to hopefully find the right balance.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:37 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:20 am
You joke, but I'm going to a tad. You can adjust the ride height on C5/6/7's with the stock suspension. I've got mine lowered a bit which looks :jimp: but isn't very practical day-to-day. I'm going to raise it to hopefully find the right balance.
Wasn't joking. This is Truk Talk. :|
:ohdang:
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:13 amThe screen is actually angled to reduce glare believe it or not, and the dash being higher does increase vertical leg room a bit.
The screen makes no sense to me. Every other vehicle on the planet has a screen angled slightly upwards and/or towards the driver. I have never had a glare issue with a screen in any car that I've used. I know they claimed it was to reduce glare but I think that's mostly :bs: . I think it was mostly due to aesthetics inside the cabin to keep all the dash lines similar.

But anyway. My opinion is unfounded and has no basis and therefore doesn't matter at all. Truth is I do like the Camaro and think it would be totally :fuckyeah: to own one someday. I could get past these little issues NFG due to the big rowdy V8, killer looks, and supposedly good ride/handling balance. It's an awesome car.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:56 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:13 amThe screen is actually angled to reduce glare believe it or not, and the dash being higher does increase vertical leg room a bit.
The screen makes no sense to me. Every other vehicle on the planet has a screen angled slightly upwards and/or towards the driver. I have never had a glare issue with a screen in any car that I've used. I know they claimed it was to reduce glare but I think that's mostly :bs: . I think it was mostly due to aesthetics inside the cabin to keep all the dash lines similar.

But anyway. My opinion is unfounded and has no basis and therefore doesn't matter at all. Truth is I do like the Camaro and think it would be totally :fuckyeah: to own one someday. I could get past these little issues NFG due to the big rowdy V8, killer looks, and supposedly good ride/handling balance. It's an awesome car.
We're all :wrong: anyway so whatever.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:02 am
After sitting in it at the auto show.... my thought was just pony up for the C7.
Or, buy both. :)

Some may want the "back seat", and they are cheaper on insurance. Also, for the money a 1LE SS handles better than the base C7 which is more expensive. The 1LE is essentially a Grand Sport for performance.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:02 am Visibility seemed halfway decent but the interior is such a horrible use of space, the dash and instrument binnacle is entirely too tall for no reason, and the infotainment screen is angled downwards for no reason. Plus it was crawling with middle school kids trying to change the LED colorz inside :disgust:
Not really any different for the dash than the cars in it's class. I would say I liked the gayge layout much better in the Camaro than in my Mustang.... Plus, HUD means you don't really need to look at the gayges if you don't want to. The screen is angled down to avoid glare from the sun. It worked very well and was much better than my C6 that wasn't as exposed as this screen.

The LED's are a 2SS thing that I didn't have, but my Mudstain had it, so same thing there.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:02 am Meanwhile the C7 felt comfier, had a better view out front because reasonable dash height, a perfectly fine infotainment screen, was more driver centric, and had a better use of interior space than the Camaro.
Even if the dash was lower, you still have a higher hood line in the Camaro.

Nobody likes the C7 :bruh: haven't you seen how everyone says it is cramped and I should dump it and buy the super spacious and easy to enter/exit Mclaren ? :lolol: :csb: :wrong:

I don't think anyone recommending the Mclaren has ever gotten in one. Getting in and out of the 675LT was a chore and something I wouldn't want to do too often.
Johnny_P

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:52 amNobody likes the C7 :bruh: haven't you seen how everyone says it is cramped and I should dump it and buy the super spacious and easy to enter/exit Mclaren ? :lolol: :csb: :wrong:

I don't think anyone recommending the Mclaren has ever gotten in one. Getting in and out of the 675LT was a chore and something I wouldn't want to do too often.
Yeah no I wouldn't exactly want to DD a Macdonald. C7 seems perfectly fine to me. GF and I were rather comfy in it. I'm 6'2" and had no space issues.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

So, day 4 of my commute in the :truk: and I have to say, Image

It has enough power to get ahead of most people from a stop light and the thing rides great. I've noticed my mood has gotten better as well since I'm feeling generally like I'm in less of a rush. I'm not always tempted to put the pedal down and drive hard like I was in the Camaro and as I do in the Corvette. I've been a lot more mellow, even in the traffic I got stuck in yesterday afternoon.

The Blose stereo actually sounds really good in this thing. The 1LE basically had the speaker set from a 1950's car with AM radio.

So far I think it might be true that if you buy a :truk: you will live longer.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

[user not found] wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:06 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:04 pm

So, you want to run over people in crowds vs outrun the competition?
:D

I liked your 1LE doe.

Newest Camaro design is :flaccid: :disgust: :nope:
The new 2018 orange is reallllllyyyy calling to me.

It would be a terribly unwise move. The :jeep: does most everything okay. Just isnt a joy to drive and its slow. But its not a bad car and I have good equity in it.... A new new mustang would be around $34k for the perf stg 2 package. (1LE killer spec)

Ive seen 2 come up with $4-5k discount right off the bat. Local diller has 18 more coming in.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:22 am So, day 4 of my commute in the :truk: and I have to say, Image

I've noticed my mood has gotten better as well since I'm feeling generally like I'm in less of a rush. I'm not always tempted to put the pedal down and drive hard like I was in the Camaro and as I do in the Corvette. I've been a lot more mellow, even in the traffic I got stuck in yesterday afternoon.
I had the exact same experience with :jeep: life. I turn the XM radio and bump some good tunes and drive slow. I have driven like a dick head in every other car ive had. The jeep removes that temptation. I get a lot less angry in traffic idling around too. And the AC system freezes you out which is :notbad: in the deep south.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

dubshow wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:27 am
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:22 am So, day 4 of my commute in the :truk: and I have to say, Image

I've noticed my mood has gotten better as well since I'm feeling generally like I'm in less of a rush. I'm not always tempted to put the pedal down and drive hard like I was in the Camaro and as I do in the Corvette. I've been a lot more mellow, even in the traffic I got stuck in yesterday afternoon.
I had the exact same experience with :jeep: life. I turn the XM radio and bump some good tunes and drive slow. I have driven like a dick head in every other car ive had. The jeep removes that temptation. I get a lot less angry in traffic idling around too. And the AC system freezes you out which is :notbad: in the deep south.
For some reason I still drive the :jeep: harder.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:rolleyes:

I just don't like it man... doesn't make him or me wrong, but I can't stand the tank feel. One of my favorite things about the C5 is that it's cockpit spec, opposite of tank with my whole upper half surrounded in glass.