Truk Talk: Invest in Trukcoin!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:47 am Such Taco hate in here
Or is it snorkel envy ?

:lolgasm:
It was a half assed update riddled with quality issues. Very un-Toyota. If they're going to phone it in, they need to at least execute with quality.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

https://www.motor1.com/news/229699/ford ... tor-debut/
Described by the chief program engineer as being "like a motocross bike and an ATV rolled up into a pick-up truck."

After a pretty long teaser campaign, Ford is finally lifting the veil on the first-ever Ranger Raptor. Truth be told, we will have to wait a little bit more for the full release since the attached images and info come courtesy of Motoring after the Australian website briefly had the article live. Combining the regular model’s go-anywhere capabilities with the added firepower you’d come to expect from a Raptor, the go-faster pickup truck set to be built in Thailand builds upon the F-150 Raptor and comes in a dual cab flavor.

Billed as being a “factory-built performance truck” catering the off-road enthusiast crowd, the Ranger Raptor is motivated by an entirely new four-cylinder, 2.0-liter diesel engine fitted with a pair of turbos. It churns 210 horsepower (157 kilowatts) and a generous 369 pound-feet (500 Newton-meters) of torque, and although performance numbers have not been released, it should be properly quick on just about any type of road out there.

Compared to the regular Aussie-spec Ranger and its five-cylinder 3.2-liter Duratorq engine, the new unit produces 14 hp (10 kW) and 22 lb-ft (30 Nm) more, which might not sound like much, but let’s keep in mind this is after all a diesel engine. Output will be channeled to both axles through the already familiar 10-speed automatic transmission developed by the Blue Oval in collaboration with General Motors.

The Ranger Raptor has been developed mainly in Australia with help from Ford’s U.S. Raptor team and has been engineered with a long-travel, tailor-made Fox suspension and a coilover Watts Link rear setup. It sits on exclusive 17-inch wheels wrapped around in BF Goodrich All-Terrain tires and backed by chunky 332-mm front and rear brake rotors. Additional underbody protection has been installed, along with a Baja Mode inherited from the F-150 Raptor, and an increased ground clearance, now at 28.3 centimeters (11.1 inches).

For the 2019 model year, the Ranger is finally making a comeback in the United States and is expected to spawn a Raptor version if the spy shots above are any indication. We might get to see the production model in all of its U.S.-spec glory sometime next year as a 2020MY to take on the Chevy Colorado ZR2. Time will tell whether it will get the same diesel and/or an EcoBoost gasoline unit.

Apex
Drives: Abominable

:jimp:
Johnny_P

Says US to get it in 2020. Seems a bit too late but it is what it is I guess. 10 speed with 2.7T would be totally rad, here's to hoping that's what they do with it.

You have to figure the Colorado will get a facelift / powertrain refresh by that point though.
ChrisoftheNorth

That Raptor is awesome. :popcorn: on the US specs.

Will be a very interesting battle with ZR2.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:12 am That Raptor is awesome. :popcorn: on the US specs.

The blue oval vs. bowtie battle is back! :fuckyeah:
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:29 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:12 am That Raptor is awesome. :popcorn: on the US specs.

Yea, it's pretty great. Competition is awesome.

Though, I'll admit that I'm a bit underwhelmed. The coil over rear suspension is pretty :mindblown: but the diesel is pretty similar to the Colorado diesel in terms of performance. The interior is a similar snoozefest. It looks properly badass on the outside, and that's really all that matters.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:36 am
Apex wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:29 am

Though, I'll admit that I'm a bit underwhelmed. The coil over rear suspension is pretty :mindblown: but the diesel is pretty similar to the Colorado diesel in terms of performance. The interior is a similar snoozefest. It looks properly badass on the outside, and that's really all that matters.
I'm curious to see how they price it in the US. I think Ford has usually been a bit cheaper than the General's offerings.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Apex wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:03 am

I'm curious to see how they price it in the US. I think Ford has usually been a bit cheaper than the General's offerings.
Big raptor is 70-80k so this thing start in the high 40s and be mid 50s on average
ChrisoftheNorth

Not on pickups. They're pretty much at parity.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:16 am

Not on pickups. They're pretty much at parity.
Ahhh. Hmmm.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

This does things to me in the pants region.

4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Melon wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:59 pm This does things to me in the pants region.

It would do more for me if they made this a SUV, great looking pickup though.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

That would be badass, small SUV based on the Ranger chassis, like the original Explorer.
max225

Melon wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:03 pm That would be badass, small SUV based on the Ranger chassis, like the original Explorer.
We’d go full circle :fullretard:
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:59 pm This does things to me in the pants region.

The flared front fenders are a really nice touch.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Melon wrote:This does things to me in the pants region.

This truck is gorgeous. :like:
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:27 am
max225 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:03 pm

They had a record breaking Jan i both taco and tundra sales, I think they are topped out production wise anyways so they :aintcare: about that... the :truk: field is way too competitive as is, with the future offerings you mentioned.
This doesn't sound like a failure to me when their "old useless truk" outsold their brand new redesigned camry in terms of % growth.
Everyone with a :truk: is breaking sales records. Has nothing to do with the product quality.
Chevrolet Colorado sales increased 25 percent to 8,011 units

Read more: http://gmauthority.com/blog/2018/02/gen ... z56SzGBR55
Taco is up 35% :iono: I guess ppl like broken :truk: s
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:06 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:27 am
Everyone with a :truk: is breaking sales records. Has nothing to do with the product quality.
Chevrolet Colorado sales increased 25 percent to 8,011 units

Read more: http://gmauthority.com/blog/2018/02/gen ... z56SzGBR55
Taco is up 35% :iono: I guess ppl like broken :truk: s
I repeat. Sales do not always tell the entire popularity story.

It's a supply story, not demand. Wentzville is at max capacity. The increase last year was from a shift of mix from GMC to Chevy and increased line rate.

Toyota produces Tacoma at two plants, and balances production at one with Tundra. They have way more Tacoma than GM has Colorado. So, sales moreso indicate production capacity than anything else since the segment is red hot.
Johnny_P

Yo dawg. We heard you like fender flares so we put fender flares on your fender flares.

That's a wide mini truk.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Nothing mini about these fellas anymore.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

She's a squatty betch. Ranger isn't even a whole inch narrower. Only about 3/4" :bruh:
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:23 am
Melon wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:32 am Nothing mini about these fellas anymore.
:dat:

The Ranger Raptor is about 1" narrower than the F-150 Raptor.

Mah spoon es too beeg.

https://jalopnik.com/how-the-ford-range ... 1822810030

Colorado ZR2 is almost 10" narrower. :mindblown:

I'll take the ZR2, please.
Lots of people saying that's the mirror to mirror dimension, not the body dimension. Who knows. But the listed width is almost identical to the regular Ranger width with the mirrors extended.
Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:59 am
[user not found] wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:23 am

:dat:

The Ranger Raptor is about 1" narrower than the F-150 Raptor.

Mah spoon es too beeg.

https://jalopnik.com/how-the-ford-range ... 1822810030

Colorado ZR2 is almost 10" narrower. :mindblown:

I'll take the ZR2, please.
Lots of people saying that's the mirror to mirror dimension, not the body dimension. Who knows. But the listed width is almost identical to the regular Ranger width with the mirrors extended.
I'm going to wait for Ford to release dimensions for comparison.
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:03 am
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:59 am

I'm going to wait for Ford to release dimensions for comparison.
I bet you a Five Guys burger that the great Andrew Collins from world-renowned news source Jalopnik did not contact Ford to verify if the exterior dimensions listed include mirrors before publishing his thoroughly researched article.