President Trump

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

maxtdi wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:28 pm
[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:10 pm
I'm not convinced. Either way.
Well this country is an a tough spot and getting frankly exhausted by the two polar points of view that have been entrenched in everyone's mind. Contrary to that message of "unity" of what all the media is crediting to Obama. He did nothing of that sort. There was a large portion of the population that obviously didn't share that sentiment and rebelled in a way that elected a cheeto.
I laughed.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:46 pm

Well this country is an a tough spot and getting frankly exhausted by the two polar points of view that have been entrenched in everyone's mind. Contrary to that message of "unity" of what all the media is crediting to Obama. He did nothing of that sort. There was a large portion of the population that obviously didn't share that sentiment and rebelled in a way that elected a cheeto.
I laughed.
:dat: :lol:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Apex wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:56 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:46 pm

I laughed.
:dat: :lol:
:dat: :lolol:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:07 pm
maxtdi wrote:
Yeah it's weird. I think he had the intent of doing it and had no idea how to achieve it then got swept up by history.

I dunno. I'm a rich liberal leaning libertarian white man. I'll never be happy.
You have money, you're always happy :doe:
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Outside of politics (which aren't perfect for any candidate) I really admired president Obama's charisma and personable nature. He definitely humanized the position he served. Seemed very genuine.

Again politics aside, but as a human being.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

razr390 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:16 pm Outside of politics (which aren't perfect for any candidate) I really admired president Obama's charisma and personable nature. He definitely humanized the position he served. Seemed very genuine.

:disgust:

Charisma is just one of the many qualities for the leader of the most powerful, admired and hated nation in the world.

He lacked quite a few and possessed many ... I however am not sure I liked the direction the country was heading ... god knows about now but I'm a pessimist
razr390

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:30 pm
maxtdi wrote:
:disgust:

Charisma is just one of the many qualities for the leader of the most powerful, admired and hated nation in the world.

He lacked quite a few and possessed many ... I however am not sure I liked the direction the country was heading ... god knows about now but I'm a pessimist
The President had little to do with that IMO. Dictating if we are heading in the right direction or not is up to the people.
:dat:

President has the most minimal pull in the grand scheme. It is people > congress > president and if there are any discrepancies then it goes to the Supreme Court to be interpreted and set precedence. Most people blame the president because he's the easiest target. That's all. It's ONE person instead of trying to blame an entire branch.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap

razr390 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:16 pm Outside of politics (which aren't perfect for any candidate) I really admired president Obama's charisma and personable nature. He definitely humanized the position he served. Seemed very genuine.

Agreed. Above all, regardless of where you fall on the political spectrum, he and Michelle served with unfailing class and dignity.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:10 pm
I'm not convinced. Either way.
:dat: Obama did a lot of finger pointing at Republicunts in congress that wouldn't pass his policies.
razr390

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:48 pm

:dat: Obama did a lot of finger pointing at Republicunts in congress that wouldn't pass his policies.
A lot of Republicunts in Congress didn't pass any policies because Obama was in the White House, so it's definitely a 2-way street. I do agree that this whole finger-pointing and filibuster bullshit is a terrible way to spend our money and time.
Johnny_P

razr390 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:36 pm
[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:30 pm
The President had little to do with that IMO. Dictating if we are heading in the right direction or not is up to the people.

President has the most minimal pull in the grand scheme. It is people > congress > president and if there are any discrepancies then it goes to the Supreme Court to be interpreted and set precedence. Most people blame the president because he's the easiest target. That's all. It's ONE person instead of trying to blame an entire branch.
Yes. However, the president is the face of the nation to other world leaders and countries.
razr390

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:54 pm
razr390 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:36 pm

Yes. However, the president is the face of the nation to other world leaders and countries.
I agree, but when Congress makes him look powerless that sends a bad message both abroad and domestically.
Johnny_P

Executive orders signed to allow Keystone XL and Dakota Access pipelines
U.S. President Donald Trump signed orders on Tuesday smoothing the path for the controversial Keystone XL and Dakota Access oil pipelines in a move to expand energy infrastructure and roll back key Obama administration environmental actions.

TransCanada Corp said it would resubmit an application for a permit for Keystone XL after Trump signed an order saying the company could re-apply. The application will be reviewed by the U.S. State Department, which has 60 days to reach a decision.

The orders look set to undo victories won by protesters in North Dakota against Energy Transfer Partners, which has nearly completed construction of the Dakota line. Despite the advanced phase of the project, the Obama administration in December denied the company a permit to tunnel under the Missouri River.
wap

How does piping Canadian oil across our country directly to a seaport for immediate shipment to other countries do anything for our energy independence? This oil never gets used here.
Johnny_P

wap wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:14 pm How does piping Canadian oil across our country directly to a seaport for immediate shipment to other countries do anything for our energy independence? This oil never gets used here.
It makes it easier for Canada to unload their oil, thereby reducing the price of their oil on the market and subsequently affecting (lowering) price of oil from US oil companies.
wap

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:48 pm
wap wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:14 pm How does piping Canadian oil across our country directly to a seaport for immediate shipment to other countries do anything for our energy independence? This oil never gets used here.
It makes it easier for Canada to unload their oil, thereby reducing the price of their oil on the market and subsequently affecting (lowering) price of oil from US oil companies.
But lower oil prices are a disincentive for US oil companies to pump more oil so that doesn't do anything to increase our domestic production. So they shut down wells until the price climbs back up.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

wap wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:03 am

But lower oil prices are a disincentive for US oil companies to pump more oil so that doesn't do anything to increase our domestic production. So they shut down wells until the price climbs back up.
SSShhhhhhhhh.... you're inserting too much logic for this thread to bear.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:58 am

SSShhhhhhhhh.... you're inserting too much logic for this thread to bear.
:therapist:
Johnny_P

There's a balance. And right now the market is pretty balanced. If you introduce a ton of cheap Canadian crude oil to the market the balance is upset. Some companies will do fine, others won't. Production goes up, sure, but its a very delayed reaction. The price of oil would immediately go down, where gas prices at the pump stay high, and then fall after a delay. It would be great for my refinery.

However. If oil price dips low enough it suddenly becomes not profitable to run wells in more costly to extract areas, such as the Bakken formation in North Dakota. The same thing could theoretically happen to wells in Texas, OK, Kansas, etc. It's a stretch to think they'd shut wells and companies down. But. It could happen. And it would likely greatly affect local economies that depend on these oil companies.
ChrisoftheNorth

Yes, but if Trump makes gas below a dollar, america is great again and everyone wins. End of story.

TRUCKS FOR EVERYONE
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Trump Edition Ferd F750 V10 gas with Pickup Bed Option
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:19 am Yes, but if Trump makes gas below a dollar, america is great again and everyone wins. End of story.

TRUCKS FOR EVERYONE
:megusta: I bought the right car if that's the case :lolol:
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:20 am Trump Edition Ferd F750 V10 gas with Pickup Bed Option
You wasteful dick. Get the wagon option. Jaysaaas.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:19 am Yes, but if Trump makes gas below a dollar, america is great again and everyone wins. End of story.

TRUCKS FOR EVERYONE
:therapist:
lagunasecaballs
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: All the E46 M3s

"The president also met with CEOs of America’s largest automakers - GM, Ford and Chrysler. He pledged to limit environmental regulations that he said hobble manufacturing."

ohboyohboyohboy