President Trump

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:05 pm
wap wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:54 pm

It matters because "American energy independence" is the reason being cited for building these new pipelines and the oil flowing in them will not be used in this country.
Jerbs is also cited but after they're built it'll only take a few dozen peeps to keep them running.
what? I still fail to see why the commerce this activity will produce is bad.

Pretty much the only argument against the pipeline I've seen is "OIL BAD, SOLAR GOOD. NO OIL"

you do realize the ports in houston and LA were built there to receive shipments from overseas and the GOM? And that we cannot simply move the plants? Just because the plants are on the coast does not mean the oil is going to instantly go away.

And the jobs these plants create are real. construction, maintenance, engineering, operations.

Or we can ship that super high carbon shit to china where it will get burned into direct-fire steel mills and concrete furnaces VS being cracked into lighter, cleaner burning fuels first. Lets not even mention removal of heavy metals.

But I forgot, feelings are facts these days. Liberals FEEL the pipeline is bad, so it must be. :rolleyes:
Brother, I'm just as sciencey as you are and :rage: at feelings=facts. I also get that refining jobs are vital to the US, especially your part of it. But how does refining foreign oil which is then shipped overseas help our energy independence? I'm asking because I want to hear fax, not feelings.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

wap wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:44 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:05 pm

what? I still fail to see why the commerce this activity will produce is bad.

Pretty much the only argument against the pipeline I've seen is "OIL BAD, SOLAR GOOD. NO OIL"

you do realize the ports in houston and LA were built there to receive shipments from overseas and the GOM? And that we cannot simply move the plants? Just because the plants are on the coast does not mean the oil is going to instantly go away.

And the jobs these plants create are real. construction, maintenance, engineering, operations.

Or we can ship that super high carbon shit to china where it will get burned into direct-fire steel mills and concrete furnaces VS being cracked into lighter, cleaner burning fuels first. Lets not even mention removal of heavy metals.

But I forgot, feelings are facts these days. Liberals FEEL the pipeline is bad, so it must be. :rolleyes:
Brother, I'm just as sciencey as you are and :rage: at feelings=facts. I also get that refining jobs are vital to the US, especially your part of it. But how does refining foreign oil which is then shipped overseas help our energy independence? I'm asking because I want to hear fax, not feelings.
Nobody is saying ti will be shipped overseas expect false propaganda. The reality is, the free market will dictate supply and demand. However oil delivered by pipeline and refined in a us based plat will likely be far, far cheaper to sell in the USA vs importing foreign oil via ship and then refining it. Ergo, the canadian oil will reduce our dependence on non-north American foreign oil.
brain go brrrrrr
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

wap wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:39 pm
dubshow wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:01 pm

says who? thats a load of :poop: to highest degree. Extra would be sold off as needed but it most definitely will be used state side.

Here's my sourced. And this is also my industry. Im SO FUCKING OVER people regurgitating BULLSHIT that they read in news/facefuck and run rampant with it masquerading as fact.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/mikepatton/ ... 4021c1c2de

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter ... rts-disag/

I understand that US refineries will process this crude, but won't it then be shipped overseas?
how is that cost effective? it MIGHT be, but that is unlikely, overseas still has cheap oil.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:47 pm
wap wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:44 pm

Nobody is saying ti will be shipped overseas expect false propaganda. The reality is, the free market will dictate supply and demand. However oil delivered by pipeline and refined in a us based plat will likely be far, far cheaper to sell in the USA vs importing foreign oil via ship and then refining it. Ergo, the canadian oil will reduce our dependence on non-north American foreign oil.
:dat:

we will use most of it. oil will stay controlled/cheap. If we have extra, who gives a fuck if they sell it off.

I wish people got so :rage: at our batshit agriculture imports/export :dill:

thats fucking mindblowing on the sugar and rice. Go look into how we pay farmers to not grow shit.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:58 pm "Unvarnished truth."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pow ... 4ab10a4cfc

:triggered: :nope:
This shit just keeps getting weirder and weirder and it's been like 3 days.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:02 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:01 pm

Is it real or is it a front, doe?

I just don't seem to be able to wrap my head around people actually being this ignorant to pure :fax: and :science:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:02 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:01 pm

Is it real or is it a front, doe?

I just don't seem to be able to wrap my head around people actually being this ignorant to pure :fax: and :science:

Such Jesus. Much McBoatface. :sad:
NeonJonny
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: XR600R, C5Z, BWS3 SRT4

maxtdi wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:42 pm I am also glad the media is finally getting their fair share of backlash for reporting bullshit for god knows how long... unfortunately it'll probably fair badly for us Americans in general because the god damn media is so biased in one direction or another. :disgust:

There is no true independent and truthful reporting which is scary as fk.
Seriously sad.
If you don't see the Teddy Roosevelt in him you're blind. He could have been amazing. The oil pipeline and building the wall will be his demise. The pipeline thing pissed me off. Yeah we stole this country fair and square with war but they've suffered enough. If you're going to build it don't put it in a place where the indigenous people are.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Executive order to start building border wall with Mexico

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38740717

And apparently Mexico will pay for it. Despite Mexico saying they absolutely will not pay for it.
Additionally, funds will be stripped from sanctuary cities that do not prosecute undocumented immigrants.

2,000 miles. And anywhere from $8-$16 billion dollars.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:33 pm Executive order to start building border wall with Mexico

And apparently Mexico will pay for it. Despite Mexico saying they absolutely will not pay for it.
Additionally, funds will be stripped from sanctuary cities that do not prosecute undocumented immigrants.

Now he's straight up :trollface:
Johnny_P

troyguitar wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:37 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:33 pm Executive order to start building border wall with Mexico

About Mexico paying for it? Yep. I'd be surprised if Mexico doesn't pursue international backlash through the UN directed at US for this.

Regarding the sanctuary city thing. That's a real hit to cities. NYC could lose out on like $6 billion of federal funding. Philly is a sanctuary city too. The guys that re-did my kitchen I'm like 90% sure were illegals. But hard workers and courteous. I can't afford union labor to redo a kitchen. Would have doubled or tripled the price. Interestingly, the only union guys were the plumbers, and they fucked up the tub in the process of re-doing some piping in the walls and made a mess of my basement and didn't clean it up.
Johnny_P

Another nugget in there.... Hiring 10,000 border patrol officers.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:44 pm
troyguitar wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:37 pm

About Mexico paying for it? Yep. I'd be surprised if Mexico doesn't pursue international backlash through the UN directed at US for this.

Regarding the sanctuary city thing. That's a real hit to cities. NYC could lose out on like $6 billion of federal funding. Philly is a sanctuary city too. The guys that re-did my kitchen I'm like 90% sure were illegals. But hard workers and courteous. I can't afford union labor to redo a kitchen. Would have doubled or tripled the price. Interestingly, the only union guys were the plumbers, and they fucked up the tub in the process of re-doing some piping in the walls and made a mess of my basement and didn't clean it up.
Reported
Johnny_P

maxtdi wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:53 pm

Reported
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Wide degree of a price. But still seems cheap compared to how much money the .gov actually lights on fire.
NeonJonny
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Obama ordered the border patrol to not persue anyone. Fucking sad. Glad something will be done finally but the wall is ridiculous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wk6rswxQro
Last edited by NeonJonny on Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Reported
:fuckyeah:

Make this rich bitch pay dearly for his privileges
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

NeonJonny wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:56 pm Obama ordered the border patrol to not persue anyone. Fucking sad. Glad something will be done finally but the wall is ridiculous.

We've built border walls for other countries for YEArs now. I really don't see the fault in securing our border for fucks sake.

We've played in the eastern sand box for over 30 years. Why not play in our local sandbox?
NeonJonny
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Watch my vid. ^ Even as a racist white guy who can't stand illegals I think it's stupid.
NeonJonny
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

dubshow wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:58 pm
NeonJonny wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:56 pm Obama ordered the border patrol to not persue anyone. Fucking sad. Glad something will be done finally but the wall is ridiculous.

We've built border walls for other countries for YEArs now. I really don't see the fault in securing our border for fucks sake.

We've played in the eastern sand box for over 30 years. Why not play in our local sandbox?
Yeah and in other countries if you sneak in its prison time/ get shot. In america you get free shit. :gay:
Johnny_P

dubshow wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:58 pm

The border should be secure. Should be a legitimate legal way to get in here to do work, just like any other country in the world. And workers should pay taxes for the protection, education, and benefits they receive from living in this country.
Johnny_P

dubshow wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:57 pm

Reported
:fuckyeah:

Make this rich bitch pay dearly for his privileges
I didn't hire them the GC did. :aintcare:
NeonJonny
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

:dat: Anyone who's anyone has been hit by an uninsured can. It's a headache that doesn't need to exist when you can do shit the right way. There should be a waiting list though. Infrastructure can't keep up man!
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:12 pm But is a wall the way to achieve it? It just funnels more money into the hands of cartels.
There are ways around walls. But whatever. It should reduce the amount of people coming in.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

They have tunnels, :doe:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.