Jeeponomics 101: Eternal tirekicking for the gutless Jeep

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Detroit wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:32 am
[user not found] wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:28 am

I crack the back windows due to helicopter noises. Can't stand that.
I open the rear sliding window for that. Is epic.
Power? Rear sliders are awesome. Partly why I like the 4Runner so much is that it has that truly epic roll down tailgate window. For maximum CO ingestion and more :aintcare: attitude.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:45 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:11 pm

Dat Trump Card :lol:
:wat:
Your vehicle has one thing the jeep doesn't
Sliding rear window>No sliding rear window
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:01 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:46 pm
You're bitching about $490. Crotchfruit drain you for life, bruh.
True, but I'm certain the crotchfruit also offer more in return as far as overall life satisfaction and things.
Depends on what you want out of life. My :doge: has provided significant satisfaction. :wub: her.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:07 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:32 am
I open the rear sliding window for that. Is epic.
Power? Rear sliders are awesome. Partly why I like the 4Runner so much is that it has that truly epic roll down tailgate window. For maximum CO ingestion and more :aintcare: attitude.
Nah, it's manual. On a nice day, I usually slide it open when I'm putting my bag in the back seat. It does a TON for airflow. I love it.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:10 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:45 pm
:wat:
Your vehicle has one thing the jeep doesn't
Sliding rear window>No sliding rear window
:iswydt:

However, the rear window on the soft top Jeep can come out entirely, which is superior IMO. I had it out on my JK often.
ChrisoftheNorth

But then you're driving a tent down the road, which is...not fun.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:05 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:27 am

We were driving the other day and Michelle was pulling on the window crank almost bending it away from the door :rage: I get absentmindedly doing shit, but god damn have some respect for people's belongings. I definitely value "things" more than she does.
Lisa got upset at me when I told her not to sit on the GTI's hood. True story. I put it into perspective though saying I don't personally care if my shoes are on the old beat ass chest we have as a coffee table but she does, so I don't put my shoes on it, and am just asking for the same level of consideration.
:lolol: Allison knows better than to ever attempt to sit on my car. She was downright apologetic about me having to drive the :doge: to the vet in it today... fortunately Layla opted not to vom in it.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:31 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:07 pm

Nah, it's manual. On a nice day, I usually slide it open when I'm putting my bag in the back seat. It does a TON for airflow. I love it.
F150 didn't have a slider.
Ranger had a slider.
I loved that fucking thing.
max225

Detroit wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:32 pm But then you're driving a tent down the road, which is...not fun.
I don't get the soft top thing. To be fair I have never driven in one so I don't know for sure, but I can't get past the plastic floppy window that has no heating elements, gets dirty and opaque.
:disgust:
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:30 pm

True, but I'm certain the crotchfruit also offer more in return as far as overall life satisfaction and things.
Depends on what you want out of life. My :doge: has provided significant satisfaction. :wub: her.
:dat:
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

Detroit wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:30 pm

She's your buddy and thats a very cool thing!! :like:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:42 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:32 pm But then you're driving a tent down the road, which is...not fun.
I don't get the soft top thing. To be fair I have never driven in one so I don't know for sure, but I can't get past the plastic floppy window that has no heating elements, gets dirty and opaque.
It just looks so much cooler to me.

And if you don't have a garage, you can't take off the top at all with the hard top, where would you put it? IMO, the 'vert aspect is one of the things that makes the Wrangler so neat and unique.
Johnny_P

D Griff wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:09 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:42 pm

And if you don't have a garage, you can't take off the top at all with the hard top, where would you put it? IMO, the 'vert aspect is one of the things that makes the Wrangler so neat and unique.
Yeah that. And it's not like the hard top is the bee's knees anyway. It's got all the attraction of an Igloo cooler inside, as it's just white fiberglass. The Wrangler is a convertible, without the convertible top it's just a compromised offroad SUV. IDK. I'd probably go hard top anyway because city but if I didn't live in a city I'd soft top every day.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:14 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:09 pm

Yeah that. And it's not like the hard top is the bee's knees anyway. It's got all the attraction of an Igloo cooler inside, as it's just white fiberglass. The Wrangler is a convertible, without the convertible top it's just a compromised offroad SUV. IDK. I'd probably go hard top anyway because city but if I didn't live in a city I'd soft top every day.
I don't see the argument for it the soft top. It sucks 99% of the time if you use it as a daily and don't live in scenic places like Malipoo or whatever. Even then breathing in traffic is :disgust: hard top is the way to go. You get plenty of a "convertible" feel with the roof panels removed.

If you wanted to have a beach day you can just take the roof off and leave it in the garage for the day.

The power retractable roof is the question doe... You get the "soft top" and the removable side windows. It strikes a very interesting compromise between the two.

UGH fucking jeep, its like every option makes sense I want them all. :troywax:
max225

Last edited by max225 on Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:jeep: is the only car ever that I think looks better with soft top and non body color matched pieces. I think the Sahara is really meh looking and would probably rather something like a 4Runner at that point.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:20 pm :jeep: is the only car ever that I think looks better with soft top and non body color matched pieces. I think the Sahara is really meh looking and would probably rather something like a 4Runner at that point.
I actually disagree 100% but most of America is with you so there's that. I just don't convertible and I think the body colored pieces look tight.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:27 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:20 pm :jeep: is the only car ever that I think looks better with soft top and non body color matched pieces. I think the Sahara is really meh looking and would probably rather something like a 4Runner at that point.
I actually disagree 100% but most of America is with you so there's that. I just don't convertible and I think the body colored pieces look tight.
This is a cool thing with the :jeep: though, so many possible configurations and so much customization. Despite the millions sold, you can have a relatively unique vehicle.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:31 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:27 pm

This is a cool thing with the :jeep: though, so many possible configurations and so much customization. Despite the millions sold, you can have a relatively unique vehicle.
Poison Spyder Lyfe.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:18 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:14 pm

I don't see the argument for it the soft top. It sucks 99% of the time if you use it as a daily and don't live in scenic places like Malipoo or whatever. Even then breathing in traffic is :disgust: hard top is the way to go. You get plenty of a "convertible" feel with the roof panels removed.

If you wanted to have a beach day you can just take the roof off and leave it in the garage for the day.

The power retractable roof is the question doe... You get the "soft top" and the removable side windows. It strikes a very interesting compromise between the two.

UGH fucking jeep, its like every option makes sense I want them all. :troywax:
Yeah I mean that's the idea you can get exactly what you want with this car. It's like legos just snap the pieces on and go!
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:32 pm Image

You're not going to roll in a poverty Civic Sport, "I just got my first real job out of college" special, brah. Lesbirealforasecond.
max225

Official math is out... jeep will cost around ~440-480 a month if I keep it for 2+ years...
My residuals are fairly aligned with :jeep: 's right now

This means 2+ year commitment :doe:
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:34 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:32 pm Image

You're not going to roll in a poverty Civic Sport, "I just got my first real job out of college" special, brah. Lesbirealforasecond.
It was used for comparison purposes for a new "plebe" purchase. 619 a month if you wanted to flip it... after a year. :math:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Mmm bean counter's gonna bean count.

Civic Sport? :disgust: