DFD Couch Racer Chat: Forza and stuff

Gamers gonna game, game, game, game.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Barnes93cb wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:03 pm Do I need this over my amazing thrustmasters ferrari wheel?
https://smile.amazon.com/Thrustmaster-F ... l+xbox+one

I wouldnt mind a clutch pedal and feedback on the steering wheel.
How do these hold up to abuse? Do the pedals have resistance? Can I get a shifter to work with this setup?
yes you do. The brake has brake like resistance. the others are like very light car pedals. Mine is doing fine so far.
brain go brrrrrr
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Barnes93cb wrote:How is VR? I have yet to try it.
Fun but still gimmicky. The rollercoaster apps make me IRL sick.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:43 pm
troyguitar wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:20 pm Logitech stuff on sale today only:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Z0 ... psc=1&th=1

Both ps4 and xbox versions (each also work on pc).
thats a :dill: gents, buy if youve been on the fence.
I bought one during that deal. Now I have to figure out how to build a cockpit. Off the shelf things are stupid expensive. I want to make something out of wood like Troy, but that can somehow easily dismantle for storage.

Thoughts?
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:49 am

I bought one during that deal. Now I have to figure out how to build a cockpit. Off the shelf things are stupid expensive. I want to make something out of wood like Troy, but that can somehow easily dismantle for storage.

Thoughts?
Reclaimed pallets.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Thoughts?
I bought mine used. search for playseats.

Honestly with what it would cost for materials and time i'd playseat challenge.

but, for a pinshitter like yourself, might find some ideas here:
http://www.isrtv.com/forums/forum/104-diy-plans-only/
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:52 am

Thoughts?
Reclaimed pallets.
:notbad:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:54 am

Thoughts?

I've been looking on the local CL, but can't find anything.

Challenge's are like $300 when you factor in shipping. For a folding chair. :notsure: if the value is there, but it's absolutely the right answer. I have a bunch of scrap 2x4's I could use...and if I need more, it'd be WAY less than $300.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Detroit wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:57 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:54 am

I've been looking on the local CL, but can't find anything.

Challenge's are like $300 when you factor in shipping. For a folding chair. :notsure: if the value is there, but it's absolutely the right answer. I have a bunch of scrap 2x4's I could use...and if I need more, it'd be WAY less than $300.
yea, i got lucky. :alpo:
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FULL-RECLINABL ... 1438.l2649

Plus a bunch of 2x4's is what I'm thinking at this time.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Detroit wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:38 am https://www.ebay.com/itm/FULL-RECLINABL ... 1438.l2649

nice, post pics. in4 DFD forzathon
brain go brrrrrr
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Detroit wrote:https://www.ebay.com/itm/FULL-RECLINABL ... 1438.l2649

Get the one with vinyl bolsters, easier to get in and out.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:51 am
Detroit wrote:https://www.ebay.com/itm/FULL-RECLINABL ... 1438.l2649

Get the one with vinyl bolsters, easier to get in and out.
I want to find one with cloth middle and vinyl bolsters. I like the way cloth breathes.
ChrisoftheNorth

But I also don't want to spend much over $100 on it.
troyguitar

Detroit wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:51 am Get the one with vinyl bolsters, easier to get in and out.
I want to find one with cloth middle and vinyl bolsters. I like the way cloth breathes.
That's what I have, it was like $208 for a pair, one is on the Sim cockpit and the other is going in the Vibe. I'll dig up the link later.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:15 am
Detroit wrote:
That's what I have, it was like $208 for a pair, one is on the Sim cockpit and the other is going in the Vibe. I'll dig up the link later.
Thanks...hopefully they sell a single. I have no use for a pair since it doesn't sound like it'll fit in the :poorvette:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Detroit wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:38 am
troyguitar wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:15 am That's what I have, it was like $208 for a pair, one is on the Sim cockpit and the other is going in the Vibe. I'll dig up the link later.
Thanks...hopefully they sell a single. I have no use for a pair since it doesn't sound like it'll fit in the :poorvette:
could always put it in the :truk:

:triggered:

:trollface:
brain go brrrrrr
Apex
Drives: Abominable

troyguitar wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:15 am That's what I have, it was like $208 for a pair, one is on the Sim cockpit and the other is going in the Vibe. I'll dig up the link later.
Didn't :mahtroy: fit his in :poorvette: ? Or was it only in the Vibetrix?
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:49 am
Didn't :mahtroy: fit his in :poorvette: ? Or was it only in the Vibetrix?
He looked into it, but I don't think it fit. Plus, headroom is a concern for me. I can't have anything that increases headroom
troyguitar

Detroit wrote:
Apex wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:49 am Didn't :mahtroy: fit his in :poorvette: ? Or was it only in the Vibetrix?
He looked into it, but I don't think it fit. Plus, headroom is a concern for me. I can't have anything that increases headroom
They fit if you switch to C6 belts and cut some of the plastic trim around the bottom belt bolt (where the C5 belt has a second reel, the C6 has only a bolt). Keeping sliders and cutting the brackets down to minimum height gives about a half inch more headroom than stock.

I got all of the parts and figured it out, but sold the car before actually finishing it. Eventually I'll sell the kit to someone.

This is now a :poorvette: thread.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

troyguitar wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:19 pm
:idbu: :mahtroy:
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:19 pm
Detroit wrote: He looked into it, but I don't think it fit. Plus, headroom is a concern for me. I can't have anything that increases headroom
They fit if you switch to C6 belts and cut some of the plastic trim around the bottom belt bolt (where the C5 belt has a second reel, the C6 has only a bolt). Keeping sliders and cutting the brackets down to minimum height gives about a half inch more headroom than stock.

I got all of the parts and figured it out, but sold the car before actually finishing it. Eventually I'll sell the kit to someone.

Oh, that's right. I remember that now. Not sure how much I care really. I just live life a quarter mile at a time in the flat lands.
troyguitar

So this is the seat that I have, looks like the same thing as what you posted but with vinyl sides:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sport-Style-JD ... wk&vxp=mtr

It fits me great, which means there's a good chance it's too small for you - the thigh bolsters are especially aggressive. I'd probably get one of these if I were you:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Suede-Leather- ... 9J&vxp=mtr

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Driver-Side-Bl ... IW&vxp=mtr
ChrisoftheNorth

Yea, I definitely need something with less bolstering. Dat :fatty: lyfe.

I'll probably end up with dis:

goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Detroit wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:57 pm Yea, I definitely need something with less bolstering. Dat :fatty: lyfe.

I'll probably end up with dis:

just eat less, you'll lose weight. it's easy. Right Troy?

:trollface:
brain go brrrrrr
troyguitar

You'll have more money to buy racecar shit too if you stop spending it on food.