2024 plac thread !

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Leaving this as a place holder for now…

Who will it be ?! I don’t think it’ll be me this year… given the entire :jizz: of 2023.

Place your bets
1. Dubshow with the 2018 Blackswirlvert M4 congrats!! :like:
2. Sauce man :clown: car
Last edited by max225 on Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

I don't intend to be on a :plac: list for a looooooooong time. Unless it's dumping the Rage4 but that's sticking around for a while.
max225

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:15 pm I don't intend to be on a :plac: list for a looooooooong time. Unless it's dumping the Rage4 but that's sticking around for a while.
Well you already got the beema :)
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:15 pm I don't intend to be on a :plac: list for a looooooooong time. Unless it's dumping the Rage4 but that's sticking around for a while.
It’s still kind of ambiguous if spouse cars count… but I guess generally yes as in most cases here some sharing seems to happen.
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: '23 Lightning + '23 BRZ

I'm out for 2024. Someone besides Max and I need to make a bunch of terrible decisions in 2024.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MrH42 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:30 pm I'm out for 2024. Someone besides Max and I need to make a bunch of terrible decisions in 2024.
I highly doubt I'll be participating. The only possible factor would be if the kid thing happens, even then I doubt moves would ensue that quickly.

I will say if the kid thing happens I'm kinda 50/50 on a cheap daily and keeping the 86 or :nuke: it and get a Hype R.
max225

D Griff wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:50 pm
MrH42 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:30 pm I'm out for 2024. Someone besides Max and I need to make a bunch of terrible decisions in 2024.
I highly doubt I'll be participating. The only possible factor would be if the kid thing happens, even then I doubt moves would ensue that quickly.

I will say if the kid thing happens I'm kinda 50/50 on a cheap daily and keeping the 86 or :nuke: it and get a Hype R.
Yea you got plenT of time to do a "family" car after the kid thing happens.. at least 9 months from this point on anyways... and then the automotive landscape would have changed once again.
max225

Right? I have unwound 2 transactions in 23... and for now it seems that 24 will be quiet on my end... it's a bit :fullretard: that my 3 1/2 month old son has been in 5 vehicles already that belonged to his family.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

I'll help you find a silver bullet
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 5:59 pm

:fuckyeah:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I kinda think that would be the move as I’d love to keep the 86, such a fun car that is kind of timeless to me. The Bullet would wind up street parked, never washed, and just treated as a beater.
max225

D Griff wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:04 pm

I kinda think that would be the move as I’d love to keep the 86, such a fun car that is kind of timeless to me. The Bullet would wind up street parked, never washed, and just treated as a beater.
This is not the way
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:05 pm

This is not the way
Non sport pack 4matic in white
max225

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:13 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:05 pm
This is not the way
If beige interior I’ll allow it. Otherwise … imo these cars should be cherished and saved
J-Ho-Fo-Show69
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: 328, TJ, Grand Trailhawk

I saw a riced out 86 going down 77 south the other day. Would have taken a picture of it if I wasn’t driving.

Twas that duke blue color with an offset to the left racing stripe from front to back. Matte black decals on the side (like a nascar) that had the number 86. They also added one of those gaudy aftermarket wings (imo only the super bird can pull off). You would have hated their choices.

I think about the car shuffle you’ll be doing at your house/street with three cars, and I think that would drive me crazy. The easiest solution is days when you take the kiddo is have Allison drive the 86. That’s not for the faint of heart because I’ve seen a year of Kat driving my trailhawk and how she treats it makes me :disgust:

Also her refusal to drive :manuel: . I think about what I’m going to do once we finally have a bun come out of the oven and I’ll probably be selling this blue Beamah to Cale (above market value buddy, no discounts) and getting something more kid friendly. I’ve decided I’m never selling the TJ. I wanna see if I can put 2M miles on that bitch the rest of my life. But that’s also not practical or safe for a kiddo to ride in.

Side note, met Kats boss and was trying to put the pressure on them to move their department from BFE Mooresville to the tech hub in south end. Kat says she would just ride her e-bike to work then, freeing up a car.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

J-Ho-Fo-Show69 wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:47 am

I saw a riced out 86 going down 77 south the other day. Would have taken a picture of it if I wasn’t driving.

Twas that duke blue color with an offset to the left racing stripe from front to back. Matte black decals on the side (like a nascar) that had the number 86. They also added one of those gaudy aftermarket wings (imo only the super bird can pull off). You would have hated their choices.

I think about the car shuffle you’ll be doing at your house/street with three cars, and I think that would drive me crazy. The easiest solution is days when you take the kiddo is have Allison drive the 86. That’s not for the faint of heart because I’ve seen a year of Kat driving my trailhawk and how she treats it makes me :disgust:

Also her refusal to drive :manuel: . I think about what I’m going to do once we finally have a bun come out of the oven and I’ll probably be selling this blue Beamah to Cale (above market value buddy, no discounts) and getting something more kid friendly. I’ve decided I’m never selling the TJ. I wanna see if I can put 2M miles on that bitch the rest of my life. But that’s also not practical or safe for a kiddo to ride in.

Side note, met Kats boss and was trying to put the pressure on them to move their department from BFE Mooresville to the tech hub in south end. Kat says she would just ride her e-bike to work then, freeing up a car.
That commute would be so much better :impressive:

Allison isn't going to drive the 86. I've tried to go down that road many times and she refuses :ohwell: But yeah, having multiple cars is a real pain in the ass, especially at this house.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:18 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:13 pm

If beige interior I’ll allow it. Otherwise … imo these cars should be cherished and saved
To be fair, 'beater' to me is still probably a better life than most cars get with your average owner.
J-Ho-Fo-Show69
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: 328, TJ, Grand Trailhawk

D Griff wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:06 am
J-Ho-Fo-Show69 wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:47 am

Allison isn't going to drive the 86. I've tried to go down that road many times and she refuses :ohwell: But yeah, having multiple cars is a real pain in the ass, especially at this house.
I wish I didn’t have to drive so much for work. It’s annoying sometimes. I’m kinda envious of some of my clients where the husband and wife both work uptown. Kathryn and I could get by without a car where we live if that were the case. Wouldn’t want to, but could.

If you’re gonna get a ban, might as well look at wagons. Depending on your budget, there’s some cool shit out there. Could even go retro. I’m a fuckin sucker for the country squire & classic wagon. You seem like a forester guy to be honest.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

I hope I don’t plac this year but it might happen. With two kids I don’t really know how we can make single car life work out. Especially now that Julian goes to preschool, I essentially no longer have access to a car for work.

No real clue what I’d get either since I am now poor. Only requirements would be good fuel mileage, comfortable, and good rear seat leg room. So like Camry hybrid lol.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

J-Ho-Fo-Show69 wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:45 am
D Griff wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:06 am

I wish I didn’t have to drive so much for work. It’s annoying sometimes. I’m kinda envious of some of my clients where the husband and wife both work uptown. Kathryn and I could get by without a car where we live if that were the case. Wouldn’t want to, but could.

If you’re gonna get a ban, might as well look at wagons. Depending on your budget, there’s some cool shit out there. Could even go retro. I’m a fuckin sucker for the country squire & classic wagon. You seem like a forester guy to be honest.
:lolol: I understand the sentiment but really not interested. It would be sick to have a classic wagon but probably more effort/time than I'm willing to put into it. I really don't want to spend all my weekends wrenching at this point. Hence why two cars in general is kind of an annoying proposition. I think for one car a Type R or similar is the best bet as they can do a few track days, haul a kid, commute, basically do anything/everything.

The driving for work is def kind of annoying. I drive so much on work trips and it's a bit :disgust:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:48 am I hope I don’t plac this year but it might happen. With two kids I don’t really know how we can make single car life work out. Especially now that Julian goes to preschool, I essentially no longer have access to a car for work.

No real clue what I’d get either since I am now poor. Only requirements would be good fuel mileage, comfortable, and good rear seat leg room. So like Camry hybrid lol.
The nicest Prius V you can find.
max225

D Griff wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:07 am
max225 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:18 pm

To be fair, 'beater' to me is still probably a better life than most cars get with your average owner.
I hold us as a group to a higher standard than a :derp:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

But with the tandem driveway, a third car is unfortunately going on the street. It's a dead end so probably pretty low risk.
max225

A :jeep: is a perfectly workable family vehicle for 1 CF IMO. The only caveat is the rear leg room
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:28 am But with the tandem driveway, a third car is unfortunately going on the street. It's a dead end so probably pretty low risk.
That's what I thought too. Street parked my Corvette for a week and what happened?.....