max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Yo so lets discuss our big Zaddy E.

To me:
+Possibly the best marketer on the planet
+Kind of a nerd but also kind of ruthless
+Managed to start a car company when there hasn't been one for 75 years that hasn't failed
+Quickest cars on the planet while able to carry a CF in the back and be completely comfortable on the street
+Rocket shit is :amazing: given that our government is completely inept at it since faking the moon landing

+/- Hard to tell hype from reality. Mars is not a viable planet so.. why waste precious resources .. blah blah multiple planet life...
Where is the cyberCUCK?! All dead lines missed by years and all claims are usually way too optimistic. I.E Self driving in Tesla is shit, their ranges are not real, cybetruck was supposed to launch in 2020 for 39,995, model 3 was suppose to be as cheap as 19,995. BUT They are launching and have launched the most innovative and software advanced products YEARS ahead of everyone else.

-Cars are build like shit
-Horrendous to work for
-Becomming the richest man on the planet makes you evil inherently
-Everything becomes politicized due to Money=Power=Politics so even discussing him will get heated here (lets see who will :rage: quit)
-Hard to tell hype from reality with him....
-The numerous absolute BAT SHIT women he managed to fuck or impregnate sure say a lot about his character
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:02 pm Yo so lets discuss our big Zaddy E.

To me:
+Managed to start a car company when there hasn't been one for 75 years that hasn't failed
+Quickest cars on the planet while able to carry a CF in the back and be completely comfortable on the street
+Rocket shit is :amazing: given that our government is completely inept at it since faking the moon landing

+/- Hard to tell hype from reality. Mars is not a viable planet so.. why waste precious resources .. blah blah multiple planet life...
Where is the cyberCUCK?! All dead lines missed by years and all claims are usually way too optimistic. I.E Self driving in Tesla is shit, their ranges are not real, cybetruck was supposed to launch in 2020 for 39,995, model 3 was suppose to be as cheap as 19,995. BUT They are launching and have launched the most innovative and software advanced products YEARS ahead of everyone else.

-Horrendous to work for
-Everything becomes politicized due to Money=Power=Politics so even discussing him will get heated here (lets see who will :rage: quit)
-The numerous absolute BAT SHIT women he managed to fuck or impregnate sure say a lot about his character
I mean, this is honestly a pretty comprehensive summary. Although no mention of the Twitter saga :lolol:

I am amused that he claims to want free speech so he bought a huge platform to ensure only things he approves of can be said. He's also very quickly running that biz into the ground which is :lolol: I see him as an incredible marketer/sales guy, but pretty bad at management.
max225

D Griff wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:13 pm

To me:

-Horrendous to work for
I mean, this is honestly a pretty comprehensive summary. Although no mention of the Twitter saga :lolol:

I am amused that he claims to want free speech so he bought a huge platform to ensure only things he approves of can be said. He's also very quickly running that biz into the ground which is :lolol: I see him as an incredible marketer/sales guy, but pretty bad at management.
It sort of slipped my mind. But I am very happy he did it.
The complete control of speech via government induced sanctioning was insanity. Every media/news article seemed Orwellian. This was a breath of fresh air. But I feel like it is all a distraction to keep us in a simulation still...
max225

One thing I wanted to add... Tesla managed to have a factory in a place that is surrounded by 2 million dollar homes... for 1000 sq foot 2 bad 1 bath tear downs... in a place where fast food workers are mandated to make $20+ minimum wage...
How they found labor here is beyond me... yet they managed to build the most cost competitive EV in the nation... :wtf:
max225

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Milpitas/370- ... ome/545859

almost walking distance to the factory. Fucking disgusting.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

To me:

-Horrendous to work for
The first bolded is his greatest accomplishment. The second is a real portal into the fact that this guy is a fucking weirdo in his (few) off hours.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

I kinda like the fact that his ambition as a 19 year old, he was living in the condo and chose a mclaren f1 over buying a house. Although house will definitely be a much smarter move.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
max225

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:31 pm I kinda like the fact that his ambition as a 19 year old, he was living in the condo and chose a mclaren f1 over buying a house. Although house will definitely be a much smarter move.
I am very bearish on this whole "house is a path to wealth" bs... Lets see where the next 24 months go. IMO it will be an absolute shitshow. Houses are only worth as much as people who can afford to pay for them... its all linked. No silver bullet in one asset over another. Unless of course you're purchasing lithium rich earths in 1980
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

To me:

I either agree or have no frame of refernce on you other points so will just go into these 2 above.

RE: mars not being viable.... how do you know? Sure, on the surface, but do you think the BORING company was to really build underground highways in LA in one of the most seismically active areas on the planet?

re: deadlines. Yes, he overpromises and underdelivers on deadlines as of late. But at the start of Tesla they did pretty alright... even tho they walked back the roadsters range it was alllmost back to what was advertised after optimization. and about that...when was last time you got advertised MPG? Same shit, different non-realistic gov test. And the S was a hit in every way. and the batteries generally are lasting longer than he promised. So there is room for give an take on that point.

re: women. Yes, there have been many, and he was a epic dick to his first wife. Perhaps he has changed in the years after... and maybe she was a bad person, closed doors and all. He seems to like people in general and is not anti human. He's put a lot of people to work.
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:31 pm I kinda like the fact that his ambition as a 19 year old, he was living in the condo and chose a mclaren f1 over buying a house. Although house will definitely be a much smarter move.
ehhhhh im pretty sure the mclaren appriciated more than any house would have.....
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
max225

golftdibrad1 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:50 pm

To me:

I either agree or have no frame of refernce on you other points so will just go into these 2 above.

RE: mars not being viable.... how do you know? Sure, on the surface, but do you think the BORING company was to really build underground highways in LA in one of the most seismically active areas on the planet?

re: deadlines. Yes, he overpromises and underdelivers on deadlines as of late. But at the start of Tesla they did pretty alright... even tho they walked back the roadsters range it was alllmost back to what was advertised after optimization. and about that...when was last time you got advertised MPG? Same shit, different non-realistic gov test. And the S was a hit in every way. and the batteries generally are lasting longer than he promised. So there is room for give an take on that point.

re: women. Yes, there have been many, and he was a epic dick to his first wife. Perhaps he has changed in the years after... and maybe she was a bad person, closed doors and all. He seems to like people in general and is not anti human. He's put a lot of people to work.
ehhhhh im pretty sure the mclaren appriciated more than any house would have.....
I have direct Tesla experience. I dropped a lot of money on their lovely products (Model X, Model S, and Solar). Their products do NOT get the advertised range period. Unlike bmw. My IX crushes the Model X as far as range... both are advertised at the same yet somehow my IX gets about 20-30% more consistently. They are even being sued for it. I know for some reason it is some sort of "anxiety" inducing number. Frankly I think 150 miles is enough for 99% if you can charge at home. But frankly lying about it is not cool. There is a LOT of ineptitude at that company... I have dealt with replacing the battery with my solar already and plenty of Tesla services as well... Quite bad. I know it's ironic considering I have a IX lemon as well.

Mars how do I know? Mkay... I suppose I need to google and show you what's being said about the surface temp of that planet? We can't sustain life there permanently. But then again people live in Houston Texas.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

max225 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:57 pm
Mars how do I know? Mkay... I suppose I need to google and show you what's being said about the surface temp of that planet? We can't sustain life there permanently. But then again people live in Houston Texas.
Mars has lots of problems. Low pressure (0.02 psi IIRC), no spinning core so no magnetic field, as a result an atmosphere wont stick and high background radiation load...

so again.... do you really think the BORING company was to really build underground highways in LA in one of the most seismically active areas on the planet?

:math:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
max225

golftdibrad1 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:03 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:57 pm
Mars has lots of problems. Low pressure (0.02 psi IIRC), no spinning core so no magnetic field, as a result an atmosphere wont stick and high background radiation load...

so again.... do you really think the BORING company was to really build underground highways in LA in one of the most seismically active areas on the planet?

I have no idea what the BORING company was other than a publicity stunt.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

max225 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:04 pm
golftdibrad1 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:03 pm

I suspect it was (an attempt?) to get really good at building tunnels to set up colonies on other planetary bodies, because that's how the first people are going to live.
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: '23 Lightning + '23 BRZ

To me:

-Horrendous to work for
- He didn't start Tesla.
- Lucid Air Sapphire is quicker.
- Blowing things up in the air isn't all that amazing :iono:

The only advantage Tesla has over its competitors is risk tolerance. They've completely distorted many markets, some of it good, most of it not. This is not some altruistic endeavor. It's the pinnacle of grifting and will all come crashing down.
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: '23 Lightning + '23 BRZ

golftdibrad1 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:10 pm

I suspect it was (an attempt?) to get really good at building tunnels to set up colonies on other planetary bodies, because that's how the first people are going to live.
WTF :lol:
max225

MrH42 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:11 pm

To me:

-Horrendous to work for
- He didn't start Tesla.
- Lucid Air Sapphire is quicker.
- Blowing things up in the air isn't all that amazing :iono:

The only advantage Tesla has over its competitors is risk tolerance. They've completely distorted many markets, some of it good, most of it not. This is not some altruistic endeavor. It's the pinnacle of grifting and will all come crashing down.
He didn’t start anything but with him at the helm that company became the biggest EV manufacturer in the world.
Lucid sapphire is 2.5x the cost of the model S and came to market 2 years later.

Not sure about the whole blowing up thing … some say successful test others say failure. I’m literally not a rocket scientist so I can’t comment
max225

Perhaps but I suppose living in a tunnel on mars isn’t exactly ideal. But the counter argument is earth will blow up one day … the counter to that is perhaps it will be easier to survive here still without wasting all those resources on mars.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

max225 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:23 pm

Perhaps but I suppose living in a tunnel on mars isn’t exactly ideal. But the counter argument is earth will blow up one day … the counter to that is perhaps it will be easier to survive here still without wasting all those resources on mars.
Sure. but it makes us vulnerable to asteroid strikes.

re: rocket science, yes they tend to blow up a lot of them in testing. All of the starship 'all up' tests have exceeded the expected flight durations and met or exceeded the stated goals.

hell there was an entire scene about it in "the right stuff"
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

TO say he 'over promises and under delivers on deadlines' is a gross understatement. The guy and his company are fucking liars.

-They grossly oversell the range of cars
-Promise tech as imminent and either deliver some way lesser version years later than promised or never (robots, CyberTruck, self-driving, $30K EV for all, charging for 3P vehicles)
-They beta test 'self driving' on public roads without the consent of the general public which is deadly

These are all just stunts to get more money/people bought in, which has seemingly worked very well, so in a way, props to him, but also fuck him.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

ok so why so much hate for Elon tho, is this not shit that like every other billionare has done?
max225

golftdibrad1 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:42 pm ok so why so much hate for Elon tho, is this not shit that like every other billionare has done?
Billionaires are generally a great bunch of individuals … like Brozos, Soros, Gates, etc.

I can’t think of any I like
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

max225 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:41 pm
I am very bearish on this whole "house is a path to wealth" bs... Lets see where the next 24 months go. IMO it will be an absolute shitshow. Houses are only worth as much as people who can afford to pay for them... its all linked. No silver bullet in one asset over another. Unless of course you're purchasing lithium rich earths in 1980

Man no wonder I found this thread
max225

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:21 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:41 pm

Man no wonder I found this thread
:iswydt:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

When someone professes that they sold their soul and fully expects to go to hell, I generally believe them.

I don't know what kind of crooked shit that guy is referring to, but I believe that he did not single handedly come up with battery tech and rocket shit befit for generations of military R&D.

If, on the other hand, he did execute those many feats listed in this thread (don't forget PayPal), then kudos to his ingenuity, not many people have done more in such a short time.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Tar wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:37 am When someone professes that they sold their soul and fully expects to go to hell, I generally believe them.

I don't know what kind of crooked shit that guy is referring to, but I believe that he did not single handedly come up with battery tech and rocket shit befit for generations of military R&D.

If, on the other hand, he did execute those many feats listed in this thread (don't forget PayPal), then kudos to his ingenuity, not many people have done more in such a short time.
Clearly he did not. He is a visionary and a good administrator. He has an idea, determines if it is viable, gets funding, hires the right people, and executes. I am sure there are more steps but again clearly elon aint banggging away code for making the rocket land on its ass