IX-Lemon Life.

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:00 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:06 pm

I am very curious as to what the use case will be...
Rivian R1T has tapped out the 80-100k market and is being discounted through lease programs and is readily available
F150 Lightning has tapped out the 55-80k market and is slashed by 1/2 for production next year
The "CyberCUCK" is coming to the 60-100k EV Truck market ... when everyone else has already blown their load and lost their biz case.... not only that but Tesla as of last week INVENTED a NEW TRIM called the "Founders Edition" that costs 20k on TOP... so 120k... now... and it adds absolutely jack shit.

I will be very interested to see how many they can sell... Full size gassers now have 20k on the hood and are SIGNFICANTLY cheaper to purchase... and everyone is "poor" again now that the stimmy money ran dry and bum fuck egypt real estate is crashing.
Unrelated but I had to send some demo hardware to a technician that works for one of our customers in Oklahoma recently, naturally pulled the house on Zillow like a psycho. Holy cow, houses are like 25 cents in OK.
:zing:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Rivian R1T has tapped out the 80-100k market and is being discounted through lease programs and is readily available
F150 Lightning has tapped out the 55-80k market and is slashed by 1/2 for production next year
The "CyberCUCK" is coming to the 60-100k EV Truck market ... when everyone else has already blown their load and lost their biz case.... not only that but Tesla as of last week INVENTED a NEW TRIM called the "Founders Edition" that costs 20k on TOP... so 120k... now... and it adds absolutely jack shit.

I will be very interested to see how many they can sell... Full size gassers now have 20k on the hood and are SIGNFICANTLY cheaper to purchase... and everyone is "poor" again now that the stimmy money ran dry and bum fuck egypt real estate is crashing.
Unrelated but I had to send some demo hardware to a technician that works for one of our customers in Oklahoma recently, naturally pulled the house on Zillow like a psycho. Holy cow, houses are like 25 cents in OK.
Yea I hear you, but it is important to be aware of real estate and costs. For me it is the single biggest life expense. As it is for most people... I still can't fathom how it takes 7 figures to own a 50+ year old house in california that isn't surrounded by gangs or needles. Once you realize how much WORK you have to do at 50% tax rate when the gov takes 1/2... you start to question your sanity and look else where for a simpler life.
J-Ho-Fo-Show69
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: 328, TJ, Grand Trailhawk

D Griff is Oklahoma bound! Side note, won’t be visiting
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

J-Ho-Fo-Show69 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:37 pm

Nah fuck that. Some things are worth paying for and not living in OKC is on that list. Tulsa is actually kinda decent, but I’m not going for it.
max225

So … strike 1… “low 30s” is what the original IX dealer is offering for the i4. 54k msrp 1800 miles … 5 months old…

:mindblown: but that’s cool. Solidifies the decision to lease it … and to keep using it like the rag that it is.

28k residual at year 3 and 36k miles :yeahok:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:41 pm So … strike 1… “low 30s” is what the original IX dealer is offering for the i4. 54k msrp 1800 miles … 5 months old…

:mindblown: but that’s cool. Solidifies the decision to lease it … and to keep using it like the rag that it is.

Note to self. I’d buy one of these for $28k at that age / miles.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:29 am
max225 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:41 pm So … strike 1… “low 30s” is what the original IX dealer is offering for the i4. 54k msrp 1800 miles … 5 months old…

Note to self. I’d buy one of these for $28k at that age / miles.
Yea they'll be basically worthless by then... I just drove the thing to work it's :nice: Averaged a whopping 5.1 miles per KW which is really good... It's about 30% more efficient than the IX
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

D Griff wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:28 pm
J-Ho-Fo-Show69 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:37 pm

Nah fuck that. Some things are worth paying for and not living in OKC is on that list. Tulsa is actually kinda decent, but I’m not going for it.
:dat: buddy of mine lives out there.. the only time I’ve gone out is for their wedding. Feel bad for him, but he also made the choice to move out there.. deal was her dad would pay for their entire wedding if they moved out there or something. So they left Cali/LA to go back to OKC. They’re bringing their kids out this way in February to go skiing/snowboarding for a few days. I think that’ll actually be the first time I’ve seen him since their wedding.
max225

SAWCE wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:39 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:28 pm

:dat: buddy of mine lives out there.. the only time I’ve gone out is for their wedding. Feel bad for him, but he also made the choice to move out there.. deal was her dad would pay for their entire wedding if they moved out there or something. So they left Cali/LA to go back to OKC. They’re bringing their kids out this way in February to go skiing/snowboarding for a few days. I think that’ll actually be the first time I’ve seen him since their wedding.
Can we go into the details as to why it is so bad?
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:30 pm

I’ll ask him for a full report.

TBF I think his major complaint is not having friends out there. When we were there for the wedding downtown was dead on both the Friday and Saturday nights we tried to go out. But at 40 and with two kids he’s not much for going out anymore anyways.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I'd be curious to know from someone who's lived there... :iono: though, I mean, hot summers, cold winters, brown, flat landscape, the city feels pretty poor, just not a lot going on and sketchy in a lot of areas.

Tulsa on the other hand had a much nicer city vibe, many miles of bike/running paths, more nightlife, eateries, etc. I always had a better time there, got some great meals.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

The reality is it really depends what you like to do and want to get out of where you live. I could see Oklahoma being OK for some. For me access to good weather and nice outdoor scenery/activities is quite paramount so it wouldn't be my thing.
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:25 pm

I'd be curious to know from someone who's lived there... :iono: though, I mean, hot summers, cold winters, brown, flat landscape, the city feels pretty poor, just not a lot going on and sketchy in a lot of areas.

Tulsa on the other hand had a much nicer city vibe, many miles of bike/running paths, more nightlife, eateries, etc. I always had a better time there, got some great meals.
Plus you have to worry about tornadoes. First thing they did after buying their house was have a storm shelter built.
max225

So here is the update
1. Dealer where I got the IX: only wants to give low 30s for the i4
2. Dealer where I got the i4 is not answering me
3. Dealer that lemoned the IX so far stated that they can beat the original IX deal and also get me out of the i4 without any sort of payment ..:

:hibachi:
Desertbreh

As a card carrying raised in Wichita, Kansas guy, I can answer this without fear of repercussions that I am being a left coast flyover hater. The answer is, because OKC SUCKS. Seppuku. Flat, terrible weather, driving through it seems to last an hour from the Northern outskirts to the the Southern. END TIMES. There are only two communities worth living in the entire state of Oklahoma, Tulsa and Bartlesille. Both of these hit beyond their weight in culture, architecture, and per capita income. And they have topography. There are 100 Flyover Cities more desirable to live in than OKC.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh

SAWCE wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:11 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:25 pm

Plus you have to worry about tornadoes. First thing they did after buying their house was have a storm shelter built.
Unless you live in a mobile home, this is not a real "worry"
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

max225 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:34 pm So here is the update
3. Dealer that lemoned the IX so far stated that they can beat the original IX deal and also get me out of the i4 without any sort of payment ..:

max225

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:27 pm

If only... Apparently I can't seem to find one with the 22" wheels so I am stuck with the fug 21"s
max225

I want these

Instead they got these...
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

max225 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:34 pm

its a program car with low miles.

its your old car.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
Desertbreh

max225 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:32 pm I want these

I like the ones you don't like better.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:37 pm I like the ones you don't like better.
I'd rather look at my :minivan:.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:37 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:32 pm I want these

I like the ones you don't like better.
:dat:

And it's a hauler. Why would you want 22" ramz?
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: '23 Lightning + '23 BRZ

You expected to trade in a used, leased i4 for a new iX lease, without spending anything additional? Even comparing MSRP to MSRP, you're $30k+ difference between the vehicles. And your i4 is used... :wat:
max225

MrH42 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:56 pm

You expected to trade in a used, leased i4 for a new iX lease, without spending anything additional? Even comparing MSRP to MSRP, you're $30k+ difference between the vehicles. And your i4 is used... :wat:
:wat: ?
No I am not looking to SPEND MONEY ON THE I4 TRADE. I.E PAY TO GET OUT.