IX-Lemon Life.

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:17 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:46 pm

Seems like the factory in TN is running full steam ahead. They do seem to be heavily favoring the top tier trims around 53k vs the entry level 37k trim... but I'd be looking at the top tier trim either way.
What about the part where looking at an ID4 makes you want to kill yourself?
This is why I haven’t bought one. But I’d like to say it’s better than a 12 year old crapura.

Unfortunately the only decent vehicles around 40-70k that are not seppuku worthy are gasoline powered. Unless we want to give daddy musk more money that we have… shit I paid 260k to tesla over the last 18 months … granted I got 230k of it back but still.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

D Griff wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:39 am

My neighbor had an order in and they called him a couple of months back and were like 'we don't have your order but have five on the lot' so he went in and bought one. ID4s are around.
Seems like the factory in TN is running full steam ahead. They do seem to be heavily favoring the top tier trims around 53k vs the entry level 37k trim... but I'd be looking at the top tier trim either way.
So you'd be looking at a $53k ID.4 but not the Audi version for like 2-5k more? One that has some buttons inside, a real gauge cluster screen, and makes you look richer than a TSX?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

The E-tron sedan thing is hot but I assumed they’re $100k or more.

I’d probably get the EV 3 series if I had to get an EV today, :iono: not much interest me, maybe a Mach-E.

I think the Ioniq5 is dope but it’s a Hyundai.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:56 pm The E-tron sedan thing is hot but I assumed they’re $100k or more.

I’d probably get the EV 3 series if I had to get an EV today, :iono: not much interest me, maybe a Mach-E.

The Q4 Etron is ID.4 based.

max225

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:10 pm

So you'd be looking at a $53k ID.4 but not the Audi version for like 2-5k more? One that has some buttons inside, a real gauge cluster screen, and makes you look richer than a TSX?
Q4 equivalent is around 62k (Premium plus 50)... substantially more for essentially a badge. No thanks.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:17 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:56 pm The E-tron sedan thing is hot but I assumed they’re $100k or more.

Oh, didn’t know this existed. It does look better but wants are not found.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:01 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:17 pm

The only cars with an ounce of desirability are from no go brands.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:06 am
D Griff wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:01 pm

Agreed. The Audi may be $10k less depressing inside and out based on those pics.

I think an ID4 will be worth $20k in two years as things go back to “the old normal” depreciation wise. It’s basically somewhere between the Leaf and i3 which both plummeted in value.
max225

D Griff wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:34 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:06 am

Agreed. The Audi may be $10k less depressing inside and out based on those pics.

I think an ID4 will be worth $20k in two years as things go back to “the old normal” depreciation wise. It’s basically somewhere between the Leaf and i3 which both plummeted in value.
I dunno I still don't see any issues with the "inside" the I.D4 is nice inside IMO. The outside is where it's kind of a jelly belly of mediocrity. :disgust:

Completely agreed on the price drop... but the Audi will likely fall more... simply because its starting off higher.
max225

One thing is clear. Not off'ing a perfectly good car is the financially smart thing to do. No matter what we "save" on gas and maintenance will be obliterated by depreciation/taxes on the new vehicle. This upcoming vehicle has to be :plac: resistant. I don't foresee it going anywhere for 5 years minimum.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

New Prius.

:micdrop:
max225

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:11 am New Prius.

Yea I can't say no to this... it's epic.
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:23 am

How much is that nasty bitch?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:43 am
max225 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:23 am

How much is that nasty bitch?
35k probably + 15k markup
Valkyrie
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Brooks Glycerin

I want one. Don't want the payments and insurance cost :doe:

Dunno about CA but we pay like $150/mo to insure a 2014 Mazda3 here, a new $30k+ car would likely be $300+/mo just for insurance. $1000/mo total for even a "cheap" car is my ballpark estimate. Do you guys also pay a lot more to insure stuff?
max225

Valkyrie wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:47 am

Dunno about CA but we pay like $150/mo to insure a 2014 Mazda3 here, a new $30k+ car would likely be $300+/mo just for insurance. $1000/mo total for even a "cheap" car is my ballpark estimate. Do you guys also pay a lot more to insure stuff?
We're at about $70 a month for the TSX and $100 for tacoma... so that part seems cheaper. I assume ya'll have good driving records also so makes the equation neutral.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

When my mom went from her pre- safety suite Subaru Legacy to her 2020 Impreza with full eyesight and shit her insurance went down fairly significantly because of the extra safety tech that's supposed to make cars less crash-able. This could potentially be the case for you two as well. (Adding battery tech and shit could add more on top obviously)

Easy thing to do would be to grab a VIN from a car on a dealer website that you like or are curious about, and reach out to your agent asking for a quote.
max225

Is florida some sort of no faul/insurance scheme state? I always think its weird that i see billboards for insurance attorneys across all florida highways everywhere.
max225

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:35 pm

When my mom went from her pre- safety suite Subaru Legacy to her 2020 Impreza with full eyesight and shit her insurance went down fairly significantly because of the extra safety tech that's supposed to make cars less crash-able. This could potentially be the case for you two as well. (Adding battery tech and shit could add more on top obviously)

Easy thing to do would be to grab a VIN from a car on a dealer website that you like or are curious about, and reach out to your agent asking for a quote.
This can be quite mixed. Tesla for example is notoriously expensive to insure here... given that they have the "best" tech for avoidance is not helping here... mainly because their parts availability etc skewed the equation in another direction.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:39 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:35 pm

This can be quite mixed. Tesla for example is notoriously expensive to insure here... given that they have the "best" tech for avoidance is not helping here... mainly because their parts availability etc skewed the equation in another direction.
Yeah I know it's not the general rule, but Tesla's are also expensive to buy on top of what you said, skewing that even farther. 2020-ish might have been peak time for cheap insurance on most average commuter vehicles given that even the cheap ones had lots of safety tech but mechanically we're still very simple and cheap to produce/repair.
max225

I think @Valkyrie that the I3 is very expensive as well because of the carboner chassis. I :member: getting quotes earlier on that were a lot higher than the vehicle value would suggest. Just something to keep in mind since you're looking at those as well.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:44 pm I think @Valkyrie that the I3 is very expensive as well because of the carboner chassis. I :member: getting quotes earlier on that were a lot higher than the vehicle value would suggest. Just something to keep in mind since you're looking at those as well.
He could bebop around town in one of these too

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sal ... pe=listing
Valkyrie
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

max225 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:37 pm Is florida some sort of no faul/insurance scheme state? I always think its weird that i see billboards for insurance attorneys across all florida highways everywhere.
Yeah it is, plus lots of uninsured/unlicensed drivers to worry about. I figured that CA might have similar problems/costs. Our insurance tripled moving from NY to FL. Home insurance is also insane but that's another thread.
Valkyrie
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

max225 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:44 pm I think @Valkyrie that the I3 is very expensive as well because of the carboner chassis. I :member: getting quotes earlier on that were a lot higher than the vehicle value would suggest. Just something to keep in mind since you're looking at those as well.
Good point, that could be a killer.
max225

Valkyrie wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:00 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:37 pm Is florida some sort of no faul/insurance scheme state? I always think its weird that i see billboards for insurance attorneys across all florida highways everywhere.
Yeah it is, plus lots of uninsured/unlicensed drivers to worry about. I figured that CA might have similar problems/costs. Our insurance tripled moving from NY to FL. Home insurance is also insane but that's another thread.
Yea I was looking for costs of that ? #wrong thread but I was looking around florida... just curious about "hidden" costs. Is it that due to the roofing scam that everyone runs? At least according to what I can find, no one actually pays for a new roof in florida because "insurance". Even due to age etc.