Cars you wanted, but never purchased

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 12:15 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:08 pm

My Subaru built Toyota (also from Japan) is flawless as well. It is quite a nice thing.
We can finally be gr86 bros after this summer, at earliest that is. Unless i find something else used with :manuel:

Im kinda at crossroads of either going bronco or tacoma though, manual of course.

So I can't make up my mind
:lolol: GR86 versus Bronco/Tacoma is more out there than Civic versus M3.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

:dat: I would caution a Tacoma … while far more utilitarian than say an 86, the engine is slow as balls and leaves you :rage: ing
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 10:54 am :dat: I would caution a Tacoma … while far more utilitarian than say an 86, the engine is slow as balls and leaves you :rage: ing
Get rid of it and get a Bronco. A thread with Vasily and his green visor beancounting the twenty three available Bronco trims and accessories and then trying to buy one would be serious content here.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 11:00 am
max225 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 10:54 am :dat: I would caution a Tacoma … while far more utilitarian than say an 86, the engine is slow as balls and leaves you :rage: ing
Get rid of it and get a Bronco. A thread with Vasily and his green visor beancounting the twenty three available Bronco trims and accessories and then trying to buy one would be serious content here.
I’m not interested in a bronco. Driven one and it was … mediocre to say the least.

4xe wrangler maybe a bit more interesting given that it has major :balls: and can be charged at home for most errands. Then again 392 is the way to really go. But it is literally 2x the price of a 4xe while having the same torque …

I’d rather take that 50k and buy an 86 or a mustang gt or whatever than just having a solo gilded Porta potty
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 11:05 am
Desertbreh wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 11:00 am

I’m not interested in a bronco. Driven one and it was … mediocre to say the least.

4xe wrangler maybe a bit more interesting given that it has major :balls: and can be charged at home for most errands. Then again 392 is the way to really go. But it is literally 2x the price of a 4xe while having the same torque …

I’d rather take that 50k and buy an 86 or a mustang gt or whatever than just having a solo gilded Porta potty
How is the Bronco inferior to the gilded porta poddy?
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 11:10 am
max225 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 11:05 am

It doesn’t have a V8 or a chargeable powertrain. And they are still difficult to get. Yet every dealer here has 50+ wranglers in stock so just pick a color and trim
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

D Griff wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 6:53 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 12:15 pm

We can finally be gr86 bros after this summer, at earliest that is. Unless i find something else used with :manuel:

Im kinda at crossroads of either going bronco or tacoma though, manual of course.

So I can't make up my mind
:lolol: GR86 versus Bronco/Tacoma is more out there than Civic versus M3.
Thats cause my commute will drastically shorten from 50 mi round trip to 15 at best. Mostly composed of in DC, with 30 mph posted limit at best with cameras to some extent and shitty roads. We'll see
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 11:22 am
Desertbreh wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 11:10 am

It doesn’t have a V8 or a chargeable powertrain. And they are still difficult to get. Yet every dealer here has 50+ wranglers in stock so just pick a color and trim
Say no more. I was just interested in driving dynamics criticism/analysis. I still think the 392 Wrangler is an investment grade vehicle.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 1:13 pm
max225 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 11:22 am
Say no more. I was just interested in driving dynamics criticism/analysis. I still think the 392 Wrangler is an investment grade vehicle.
Honestly... A tacoma drives better than both. :yikes: The amount of wind noise in a Bronco is fucking abysmal. Especially the soft top is going to cause tinnitus past 40mph. It was horrible compared to a Jeep. The interior is not noticeably nicer either. Wrangler is really decent. I do think a bronco is looking "fresher" than a wrangler... but I am now seeing them 10x a day minimum also.

Bronco does have nicer steering than the Wrangler, and I think it has pretty decent braking also. Other than that they all drive like a fucking RV
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 1:17 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 1:13 pm

Honestly... A tacoma drives better than both. :yikes: The amount of wind noise in a Bronco is fucking abysmal. Especially the soft top is going to cause tinnitus past 40mph. It was horrible compared to a Jeep. The interior is not noticeably nicer either. Wrangler is really decent. I do think a bronco is looking "fresher" than a wrangler... but I am now seeing them 10x a day minimum also.

Bronco does have nicer steering than the Wrangler, and I think it has pretty decent braking also. Other than that they all drive like a fucking RV
Can confirm these are both awful in a :jeep: Both of the above and a GR86 all seem pretty horrendous for DC commuting although at least the 86 is small? Traffic up there blows ass, I would probably just keep the Accord unless he plans to start track driving or off roading or something.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 12:53 pm
max225 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 1:17 pm

Can confirm these are both awful in a :jeep: Both of the above and a GR86 all seem pretty horrendous for DC commuting although at least the 86 is small? Traffic up there blows ass, I would probably just keep the Accord unless he plans to start track driving or off roading or something.
Realistically I'd probably end up in a gr86 or similar. I have dealt with my mk6 :manuel: in dc, but at the time I did not work there nor went there regularly. Dmv traffic on the other hand...

Tacoma or any offroad vehicles i mentioned is the thought of an idea where i may jump on that off the grid, off road type of lifestyle where my current work setting is not suitable atleast to a regular use and I feel like getting a vehicle as such just for probably 6 times a year seems not ideal to me. I recently rented a rubicunt in my recent colorado trip and really liked the way it drives (almost rented a broncohoe with manual but off turo it was too expensive) but obviously traffic is nothing like in the dmv and people seem to know how to drive much better, so can't imagine crawling while getting passed by bird scooters.

Accord is now excellent for my current driving lifestyle, long commute from the boonies aka fairfax/Centreville into dc, roadtrips, quick enough gets 87 donkey piss, drives fairly solid but can be a bit boring. I do intend to :plac: within a 2 year span when i bought it. The plan is to move to Silver Spring MD (literally a border next to north dc) end of this summer, which :tits: and I agreed upon, due to no longer having a car (Fiesta is now with her parents for her dads project), it is one metro stop from her school and her barre studio (which she got awarded on). Only 6 miles and a straight shot down on 16th street to get to my hotel, with free parking unless we have high volume of cars for guests staying with us, with recent weekends that is.

Once I get all settled in with the move with furniture etc, then I can start looking to :plac:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Also i had couple recent rants with the accord. Probably has to do with the quality control after vid, which after all i ordered the car. Passenger window shimmied again and when i was rolling the driver window down the metal tip of the switch randomly broke. It kinda :triggered: me

Plus a month after i purchased the car, I realized that my car was an easy target for wheel theft in the dmv, which is why i began to notice my wheels happen to be on older crv's and civics.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 2:44 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 12:53 pm

Realistically I'd probably end up in a gr86 or similar. I have dealt with my mk6 :manuel: in dc, but at the time I did not work there nor went there regularly. Dmv traffic on the other hand...

Tacoma or any offroad vehicles i mentioned is the thought of an idea where i may jump on that off the grid, off road type of lifestyle where my current work setting is not suitable atleast to a regular use and I feel like getting a vehicle as such just for probably 6 times a year seems not ideal to me. I recently rented a rubicunt in my recent colorado trip and really liked the way it drives (almost rented a broncohoe with manual but off turo it was too expensive) but obviously traffic is nothing like in the dmv and people seem to know how to drive much better, so can't imagine crawling while getting passed by bird scooters.

Accord is now excellent for my current driving lifestyle, long commute from the boonies aka fairfax/Centreville into dc, roadtrips, quick enough gets 87 donkey piss, drives fairly solid but can be a bit boring. I do intend to :plac: within a 2 year span when i bought it. The plan is to move to Silver Spring MD (literally a border next to north dc) end of this summer, which :tits: and I agreed upon, due to no longer having a car (Fiesta is now with her parents for her dads project), it is one metro stop from her school and her barre studio (which she got awarded on). Only 6 miles and a straight shot down on 16th street to get to my hotel, with free parking unless we have high volume of cars for guests staying with us, with recent weekends that is.

Once I get all settled in with the move with furniture etc, then I can start looking to :plac:
Silver Spring is nice :notbad:

Interesting that you liked the way a Rubicunt drives... I find the Wrongler drive is quite :disgust: :lolol: They are great fun in their element though and pretty nice vehicles other than the steering on the highway.

I do agree to not buy a vehicle for something you might do six times a year, particularly when it's more of a dream/idea than something you already do.

I don't mind a manual in traffic myself, but the 86 is also sort of loud and rough riding. I love the car and don't mind that, but depending on uses it's certainly worth considering, particularly if :tits: doesn't own a car, she may be :triggered: by an 86 if it's your trip vehicle. I will say lowering the tire pressure a few PSI from the recommended made my wife warm up to it quite a bit, the ride was quite improved.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 5:05 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 2:44 pm

Interesting that you liked the way a Rubicunt drives... I find the Wrongler drive is quite :disgust: :lolol: They are great fun in their element though and pretty nice vehicles other than the steering on the highway.

I do agree to not buy a vehicle for something you might do six times a year, particularly when it's more of a dream/idea than something you already do.

I don't mind a manual in traffic myself, but the 86 is also sort of loud and rough riding. I love the car and don't mind that, but depending on uses it's certainly worth considering, particularly if :tits: doesn't own a car, she may be :triggered: by an 86 if it's your trip vehicle. I will say lowering the tire pressure a few PSI from the recommended made my wife warm up to it quite a bit, the ride was quite improved.
Well I just did a costco run with :tits: and I kinda have some thoughts. Also since I'm skipping on Turkey this year for the summer, I decided to spoil myself with a couple beach goodies, including a yeti cooler and I was thinking whether it may fit in it. Also Annie is a sassy latina, she'd definitely not be happy with the ride quality. The accord isn't exactly that absorbent either with the 19's until today I hit a bunch of imperfections which seemed to handle well with a non teeth shatteringly way and I remember my yaris it would feel not so good. :tits: also found the camaro to be uncomfortable as well with the ride so theres that.

As far as liking the wrangler, obviously for its own right. It didn't feel that boaty to me and I rented a jku sport in mexico, so jku sport 5 speed auto 3.6 vs jlu rubicunt with larger tires + 8 speed with 3.6 felt different. Jku felt too steery on the highway, jlu I did notice it but it wasn't as bad and felt more on center with a little wiggle room. Granted corners are sketch and braking is better than I was expecting. White interior is not what I would call cramped, I felt like the center console robbed a little foot space. I also have found the brake pedal in more of where I would expect the space betweeb clutch and brake. It was a slight awkward position. Also wind noise due to the shape.

I did had some quick what if temptations of getting a jlu and switch to metal bumpers in dc, cause at times it is like a warzone when it comes to driving. People pull out without looking at times intentionally stop, which brings me the :rage:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 10:12 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 5:05 pm

Well I just did a costco run with :tits: and I kinda have some thoughts. Also since I'm skipping on Turkey this year for the summer, I decided to spoil myself with a couple beach goodies, including a yeti cooler and I was thinking whether it may fit in it. Also Annie is a sassy latina, she'd definitely not be happy with the ride quality. The accord isn't exactly that absorbent either with the 19's until today I hit a bunch of imperfections which seemed to handle well with a non teeth shatteringly way and I remember my yaris it would feel not so good. :tits: also found the camaro to be uncomfortable as well with the ride so theres that.

As far as liking the wrangler, obviously for its own right. It didn't feel that boaty to me and I rented a jku sport in mexico, so jku sport 5 speed auto 3.6 vs jlu rubicunt with larger tires + 8 speed with 3.6 felt different. Jku felt too steery on the highway, jlu I did notice it but it wasn't as bad and felt more on center with a little wiggle room. Granted corners are sketch and braking is better than I was expecting. White interior is not what I would call cramped, I felt like the center console robbed a little foot space. I also have found the brake pedal in more of where I would expect the space betweeb clutch and brake. It was a slight awkward position. Also wind noise due to the shape.

I did had some quick what if temptations of getting a jlu and switch to metal bumpers in dc, cause at times it is like a warzone when it comes to driving. People pull out without looking at times intentionally stop, which brings me the :rage:
If an Accord doesn't ride well I can assure you the 86 is heinous :lolol:

The :jeep: makes for a pretty good city car - can go over any shit roads :aintcare: , big tire protects rear bumper, tight turning radius, and a fairly small footprint. It's fun to tool around a city in, where it blows is long highway driving. It is way more exhausting to just keep it centered in the lane than any other car I've driven aside from the Bang Bus.

I enjoy our Beep Beep and I'm glad my wife likes it, but if it were mine, it would've been :plac: quite some time ago due to the highway suckage - steering, noise, braking.
max225

D Griff wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 9:25 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 10:12 pm

The :jeep: makes for a pretty good city car - can go over any shit roads :aintcare: , big tire protects rear bumper, tight turning radius, and a fairly small footprint. It's fun to tool around a city in, where it blows is long highway driving. It is way more exhausting to just keep it centered in the lane than any other car I've driven aside from the Bang Bus.

I enjoy our Beep Beep and I'm glad my wife likes it, but if it were mine, it would've been :plac: quite some time ago due to the highway suckage - steering, noise, braking.
Yea ... that sounds spot on. It is a terrible long trip vehicle but a pretty decent :derp: mobile for a daily. Whatever the jeep loses in MPG it gains in relatively cheap maintenance/upkeep/depreciation costs also.

A weird DD gripe of mine is the swing gate..... it can gate kind of annoying if you're quickly trying to deal with things... you kind of always have to step away from it... which you sometimes can't if someone is parked behind you... and then you also have to swing the glass open... a two part process. A first world "problem" but say a normal trunk takes 2 seconds to operate this takes... 15-30... in seedy or busy areas it gets really frustrating.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:42 am

Yea ... that sounds spot on. It is a terrible long trip vehicle but a pretty decent :derp: mobile for a daily. Whatever the jeep loses in MPG it gains in relatively cheap maintenance/upkeep/depreciation costs also.

A weird DD gripe of mine is the swing gate..... it can gate kind of annoying if you're quickly trying to deal with things... you kind of always have to step away from it... which you sometimes can't if someone is parked behind you... and then you also have to swing the glass open... a two part process. A first world "problem" but say a normal trunk takes 2 seconds to operate this takes... 15-30... in seedy or busy areas it gets really frustrating.
Interesting, I've never really thought about the swing gate one way or another, although with a bike rack on it's very annoying, a tailgate would be the same. I love on a coupe/sedan that I can open the trunk with a bike in tow. The soft top rear window is kind of annoying to deal with in loading/unloading, but I'd never buy a hardtop Wrangler personally unless I had a hoist in my garage to remove the hard top easily. I feel the convertible aspect is a key element to the car.

Agreed on upkeep costs, our Wrongler has been insanely cheap to own for 40K miles - $5K of depreciation which includes taxes/fees, $150 in maintenance, and gas. Insurance is quite cheap as well, and FE has been pretty acceptable, averaging around 21 for the car's life.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:42 am

I always have to stop and "oh yeah" whenever I rent one.