OT 21: DFD Giveth and DFD Taketh Away

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

D Griff wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 7:54 am :iono: just a lot of little shit that gets to be :disgust: in total.

Out of the past three weeks I've been on the road two and in-office 8AM-9PM the final week for a team get together/summit of sorts.

:tits: is seriously depressed and in a terrible mood. She rebounded after the miscarriage OK and the kind of spiraled down, she feels like all of her friends have kids and she has nothing in common with them anymore, hates her job, has to have surgery this week to remove part of the fetus that somehow got missed by the other doctors ( :wtf: ), looking to start IVF again but at this point we're both :disgust: with it all

My dad is degrading at a very rapid rate and my mom is trying really hard but isn't really cut out to be a caretaker and is struggling

I'm eating/drinking my feelings and slowly getting :fatty:

Trying to 'fix' our yard after the trees fell and smashed our shed is a huge pain and another thing :tits: is frustrated by, but she doesn't want to commit to spending money on anything

:ohwell:

I have been actually daily driving the GR86 all week and I will say, exploding motor and all, I love driving this car. All of my coworkers kind of went nuts over it like it was some amazing thing and I'm rich AF which is also kind of fun.

I'm in final interviewing stages for a job at Bosch on their audio team which honestly seems pretty great and I'm tempted to jump to if the opportunity comes through.
That doesn't all sound like little shit necessarily. Good vibes your way making it through everything :mahman:.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:11 pm Damn Daniel. You've got a lot of weight on your shoulders so adding a little below them is expected. Hopefully you get some more free time to help clear your head soon. Ts & Ps

These were on clearance at Pubs and are actually delicious if you need something to stress pig out on. 500cals for the entire bag.
:ohdang: that sounds pretty dece. It must be a great time to be a cauliflower farmer.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

D Griff wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:18 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:11 pm Damn Daniel. You've got a lot of weight on your shoulders so adding a little below them is expected. Hopefully you get some more free time to help clear your head soon. Ts & Ps

These were on clearance at Pubs and are actually delicious if you need something to stress pig out on. 500cals for the entire bag.
:ohdang: that sounds pretty dece. It must be a great time to be a cauliflower farmer.
Not sure how much cauliflower is needed for just the crust :doe:

The inside is still real chicken
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

I’ve seen some shit where people are buying ground chicken and rolling it out with some cheese and shit to make a pizza “crust”. Bake it once by itself, then again with all the toppings. Even my chicken drinking ass is passing on that.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

SAWCE wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:28 pm I’ve seen some shit where people are buying ground chicken and rolling it out with some cheese and shit to make a pizza “crust”. Bake it once by itself, then again with all the toppings. Even my chicken drinking ass is passing on that.
I'd try it. I make chicken smash burgs now since they smoke less on the stove, and that would just be a giant one. I bet it would get a nice crust too on the pizza steel.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

D Griff wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 7:54 am
coogles wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:24 pm

Also :dat:

Sup :bruh:?
:iono: just a lot of little shit that gets to be :disgust: in total.

Out of the past three weeks I've been on the road two and in-office 8AM-9PM the final week for a team get together/summit of sorts.

:tits: is seriously depressed and in a terrible mood. She rebounded after the miscarriage OK and the kind of spiraled down, she feels like all of her friends have kids and she has nothing in common with them anymore, hates her job, has to have surgery this week to remove part of the fetus that somehow got missed by the other doctors ( :wtf: ), looking to start IVF again but at this point we're both :disgust: with it all

My dad is degrading at a very rapid rate and my mom is trying really hard but isn't really cut out to be a caretaker and is struggling

Trying to 'fix' our yard after the trees fell and smashed our shed is a huge pain and another thing :tits: is frustrated by, but she doesn't want to commit to spending money on anything

I have been actually daily driving the GR86 all week and I will say, exploding motor and all, I love driving this car. All of my coworkers kind of went nuts over it like it was some amazing thing and I'm rich AF which is also kind of fun.

I'm in final interviewing stages for a job at Bosch on their audio team which honestly seems pretty great and I'm tempted to jump to if the opportunity comes through.
Dang that sucks man.

Just food for thought, if you get one of those self supporting buildings you can take it with you if you move.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Damn Griff I’m sorry dude
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

golftdibrad1 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 8:22 am

Dang that sucks man.

Just food for thought, if you get one of those self supporting buildings you can take it with you if you move.
Funny you say that, I really wanted to get this Amish made pre-built shed from the guys who we were looking to use to get the steel building. The thing is, there's no way to get it in/out of the property. One side has a car port that is part of the house that goes almost to the property line and is only 8' high, the other side of the house we only have 8' wide and several trees.

We wound up buying a Tuff Shed to be built on site, $5500, 10x12. It will be a bit bigger and much nicer than the POS we are replacing... a bit more than I would've liked to pay without getting a dope ass thing, but still a huge improvement. It's taller as well so I can do a couple of small lofts and store things there to open up some working space. We also pulled the trigger on a privacy fence for $5500 and five new trees, installed for $2100 this weekend. All in we are essentially spending $14K and insurance gave us $29.5K so I can't be mad about it. The steel dope ass building would've been awesome but neither of us could really stomach spending $25K on that when we may not really need it or stay here too long.

:tits: seems to be getting a major hardon to move to the 'burbs... I am kind of :aintcare: at this point, whatever will make her more happy and less depressed would positively impact my life more than any location at this point. That said, we're here for a couple more years minimum.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I don't want to get too far ahead but I'm expecting an offer from Bosch Audio Group this week. I was sort of on the fence thinking it over this weekend - I have a lot of history, experience, etc. at my current place, I kind of helped build our team/division and really enjoy some of my coworkers. I confirmed this morning they're definitely fucking us on commissions though, so I think I will probably :nope: out if this comes to fruition. In a way the commission tomfoolery is kind of freeing.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

D Griff wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:47 am I don't want to get too far ahead but I'm expecting an offer from Bosch Audio Group this week. I was sort of on the fence thinking it over this weekend - I have a lot of history, experience, etc. at my current place, I kind of helped build our team/division and really enjoy some of my coworkers. I confirmed this morning they're definitely fucking us on commissions though, so I think I will probably :nope: out if this comes to fruition. In a way the commission tomfoolery is kind of freeing.
Taking employees for granted is a surefire way to lose them. Good luck mang!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

coogles wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:50 am
D Griff wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:47 am I don't want to get too far ahead but I'm expecting an offer from Bosch Audio Group this week. I was sort of on the fence thinking it over this weekend - I have a lot of history, experience, etc. at my current place, I kind of helped build our team/division and really enjoy some of my coworkers. I confirmed this morning they're definitely fucking us on commissions though, so I think I will probably :nope: out if this comes to fruition. In a way the commission tomfoolery is kind of freeing.
Taking employees for granted is a surefire way to lose them. Good luck mang!

There are definitely perks to staying, so I'm pretty cool with whatever happens. I asked for about 10% above what I make now, which they seemed cool with. I am a little bit concerned the PTO may be a deal breaker as it looks like Bosch only gives two weeks for the first several years, but I can't actually find anything confirming that, so maybe it's negotiable. I currently get 23 days which is a pretty huge perk of this job.

One (somewhat dumb) thing giving me pause is that I feel like it's a title downgrade. Currently I'm a 'Business Development Manager' and the Bosch role is 'Field Sales Engineer'.
SAWCE

What’s the commission fuckery that your current place is doing to you guys?

And I’d absolutely try to negotiate starting PTO rate. I hadn’t even thought of that when I joined the gov finally, so I’m getting the low end 4 hours per pay period.. buddy of mine started a .gov job shortly after me and he negotiated to the highest of 8 hours per pay period. Said it was easier than negotiating salary at any previous job.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

D Griff wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:45 am
golftdibrad1 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 8:22 am

Dang that sucks man.

Funny you say that, I really wanted to get this Amish made pre-built shed from the guys who we were looking to use to get the steel building. The thing is, there's no way to get it in/out of the property. One side has a car port that is part of the house that goes almost to the property line and is only 8' high, the other side of the house we only have 8' wide and several trees.

We wound up buying a Tuff Shed to be built on site, $5500, 10x12. It will be a bit bigger and much nicer than the POS we are replacing... a bit more than I would've liked to pay without getting a dope ass thing, but still a huge improvement. It's taller as well so I can do a couple of small lofts and store things there to open up some working space. We also pulled the trigger on a privacy fence for $5500 and five new trees, installed for $2100 this weekend. All in we are essentially spending $14K and insurance gave us $29.5K so I can't be mad about it. The steel dope ass building would've been awesome but neither of us could really stomach spending $25K on that when we may not really need it or stay here too long.

:tits: seems to be getting a major hardon to move to the 'burbs... I am kind of :aintcare: at this point, whatever will make her more happy and less depressed would positively impact my life more than any location at this point. That said, we're here for a couple more years minimum.
Ah dang. Well at least you got something going. Sounds good.

Suburbs :disgust: esp with no :baby: Unless more space wants is driving that need they are miserable. And Yea I know m-vill is kinda a suburb of knox, but we do have our own community and things all very close to our 'in the city' house, so we dont NEED to go to Knoxville to have shit to do unlike most 'burbs. And while most of the work is in knox, there are some engineering jobs in m-ville should I want them one day.

Just reading between the lines here man sounds like she might be looking for something and not finding it. Change for the sake of (baby, moving, job) is usually negatively disruptive if not purpose driven.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

golftdibrad1 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:30 am
D Griff wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:45 am

Ah dang. Well at least you got something going. Sounds good.

Suburbs :disgust: esp with no :baby: Unless more space wants is driving that need they are miserable. And Yea I know m-vill is kinda a suburb of knox, but we do have our own community and things all very close to our 'in the city' house, so we dont NEED to go to Knoxville to have shit to do unlike most 'burbs. And while most of the work is in knox, there are some engineering jobs in m-ville should I want them one day.

Just reading between the lines here man sounds like she might be looking for something and not finding it. Change for the sake of (baby, moving, job) is usually negatively disruptive if not purpose driven.
Bolded is definitely not wrong and she's well aware and trying to get better. The baby thing is a bit different, as it's been something we've both wanted for several years and more of a lifelong dream for her. I think much of her displeasure revolves around that in one way or another - the simple fact that she wants a kid and we haven't been able to have one, the journey is long and mentally/physically painful, the unknowns make other decisions hard (i.e. why deciding how to replace a fucking shed turned into a much bigger thing than it is), most of her friends now have kids and all they talk about is their kids and they are no longer any fun for her to be around/rarely available.

On the suburbs thing... yeah, I'm not that into it. There are a few around here that I'm open to - basically ones that have a downtown where we could walk to shit and have most amenities close by. The reality is doing stuff in the city is quite occasional for us, what would be important is walking access to covfefe shop(s), places to grab food/drink, nice neighborhood/paths to walk the dog/run, access to mountain bike trails and roads to cycle on, grocery store close, etc. I don't really foresee having to commute to a job ever again in my line of work so that's not much of an issue and if she wants to commute somewhere from the 'burbs, that's on her.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:52 am What’s the commission fuckery that your current place is doing to you guys?

And I’d absolutely try to negotiate starting PTO rate. I hadn’t even thought of that when I joined the gov finally, so I’m getting the low end 4 hours per pay period.. buddy of mine started a .gov job shortly after me and he negotiated to the highest of 8 hours per pay period. Said it was easier than negotiating salary at any previous job.
Well, they changed the plan going into 2023, said our team's wouldn't change but it did, it's notably worse and demotivating, it's capped where it wasn't before. It's needlessly complex so I can't go into all the details, but it sucks. Also, the data is extremely suspect.

As a more real world example, I'll get into Q3 2023. My 'base commission' (what I get paid at 100% of quota) is $2825/month. For Q3 I got that for each of the three months but the first two months are capped at that, so I now get a sort of bonus of $3,100 for being over quota for the quarter (July I was at 100%, August 124%, September 110%). In the previous plan I would've gotten a bonus of $3840 for August and $1600 for September, totaling $5,440.

tl;dr, I'm getting $2,340 less for Q3 than I would've in the old plan we were promised AND getting it paid later.
SAWCE

Oh wow. Yeah that’s bullshit. Capping the commission seems like a weird way to demotivate your employees and make sure they aren’t exceeding those sales goals.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 12:08 pm Oh wow. Yeah that’s bullshit. Capping the commission seems like a weird way to demotivate your employees and make sure they aren’t exceeding those sales goals.
:dat: It's weird, this new plan really caters to underperformers IMO, like you get more than you used to if under your quota and less if over... dumb. I think it's mostly due to being a public company now, the pay is a lot more consistent, lower upside but also higher floor.

MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

I am glad I have read this update, mostly actually knowing whats up, in some extend I can relate as I have yet to experience your milestone, marriage, baby and all. But it truly sucks and for :tits: friend. Couple of my friends in Turkey now just gave birth the kids, who I used to party with them all the time back there. I am hoping for the most part it will continue to be the same as he is very much an extroverted butterfly.

Its good to have a car to basically temporarily escape for life for a short moment, which is why I compromised my accord with a 2.slow, cause I know I will get sick of the 1.5t spec and have my car to :stig: here and there. Speaking of, I will :plac: in early 2024 for sure. I have a small gig in louisville in January (tradeshow) which i need to request off for that business thing I mentioned, don't exactly want to disclose as there are some obstacles and strategies to recover here and there along the way. But it is all honest work, so no worries. Not only it is something enjoyable and required to travel, but it gives a wide range to escape from the matrix, meaning I can take extensive stays in Turkey and take roadtrips into Europe, mostly Greece, Albania, Croatia, etc.

:tits: and I usually have opposite schedules on our days. She works from 8-4 and I work from 3-11. My Manager was nice enough to give back some of the morning shifts as of 7-3 as she knows a little about my personal life, with :tits: and all. I was happy that only I get to work 3 out of 5 days as of early morning or mid, like 10-6, etc. I take care of the groceries, help around the house. At times I don't have enough time to do everything and she tends to bitch for a bit that I am not picking up myself as I just got back to working out. But only seeing her like an hour or 2 at best. She is a very heavy sleeper. But the least I can do is drop/pick her up from her school whenever I can as it is only a mile away. They may also make me work 3 days in the sister property and their staffing is a joke, I overheard them for that in consideration and covered the night audit (aka overnight, but you do financial paperwork before you roll the date over on hotel system, which automatically charges room and tax as day passes for the most part.)

Lastly, I have been having chronic sinus issues, that I previously resolved in Turkey in 2021. Since I am unable to go and I have my health benefits. I decided to use those. The first appointment (check up), the allergy for it was undetermined what was the cause of it. Then last week, I had to book another check up appointment cause I did not have time to do a CT scan. The reservations for kaiser permamante are :derp: which became another regular check up. That was 3 months after I did my first check up. But I am atleast glad the doctor was able to identify what I am alergic to, which is dust mites. So I did the CT scan last saturday. I should be able to get a response for the doctor. I took the meds for 2 days now that i got prescribed for, :tits: said I haven't heard you breathe better for a long time. I hope my workout, exercises will positive impact atleast from the start of this procedure. I have also gained weight a little bit lately too :sad: although I blame the brewery next to the apartment :hue:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:39 pm

I am glad I have read this update, mostly actually knowing whats up, in some extend I can relate as I have yet to experience your milestone, marriage, baby and all. But it truly sucks and for :tits: friend. Couple of my friends in Turkey now just gave birth the kids, who I used to party with them all the time back there. I am hoping for the most part it will continue to be the same as he is very much an extroverted butterfly.

Its good to have a car to basically temporarily escape for life for a short moment, which is why I compromised my accord with a 2.slow, cause I know I will get sick of the 1.5t spec and have my car to :stig: here and there. Speaking of, I will :plac: in early 2024 for sure. I have a small gig in louisville in January (tradeshow) which i need to request off for that business thing I mentioned, don't exactly want to disclose as there are some obstacles and strategies to recover here and there along the way. But it is all honest work, so no worries. Not only it is something enjoyable and required to travel, but it gives a wide range to escape from the matrix, meaning I can take extensive stays in Turkey and take roadtrips into Europe, mostly Greece, Albania, Croatia, etc.

:tits: and I usually have opposite schedules on our days. She works from 8-4 and I work from 3-11. My Manager was nice enough to give back some of the morning shifts as of 7-3 as she knows a little about my personal life, with :tits: and all. I was happy that only I get to work 3 out of 5 days as of early morning or mid, like 10-6, etc. I take care of the groceries, help around the house. At times I don't have enough time to do everything and she tends to bitch for a bit that I am not picking up myself as I just got back to working out. But only seeing her like an hour or 2 at best. She is a very heavy sleeper. But the least I can do is drop/pick her up from her school whenever I can as it is only a mile away. They may also make me work 3 days in the sister property and their staffing is a joke, I overheard them for that in consideration and covered the night audit (aka overnight, but you do financial paperwork before you roll the date over on hotel system, which automatically charges room and tax as day passes for the most part.)

Lastly, I have been having chronic sinus issues, that I previously resolved in Turkey in 2021. Since I am unable to go and I have my health benefits. I decided to use those. The first appointment (check up), the allergy for it was undetermined what was the cause of it. Then last week, I had to book another check up appointment cause I did not have time to do a CT scan. The reservations for kaiser permamante are :derp: which became another regular check up. That was 3 months after I did my first check up. But I am atleast glad the doctor was able to identify what I am alergic to, which is dust mites. So I did the CT scan last saturday. I should be able to get a response for the doctor. I took the meds for 2 days now that i got prescribed for, :tits: said I haven't heard you breathe better for a long time. I hope my workout, exercises will positive impact atleast from the start of this procedure. I have also gained weight a little bit lately too :sad: although I blame the brewery next to the apartment :hue:
Dang :mahman: , that is a lot of updates. Not surprised to hear a few arguments/bumps in the road after moving in with the GF, seems like pretty par for the course, definitely an adjustment but I'm sure it will work out in the end. Hope that the health challenges work out, definitely exercising could help, it is honestly all that's keeping me sane these days.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:tits: had her surgery today and everything went well so far, should be moving forward with IVF again over the coming weeks with a potential embryo transfer around November 1.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

D Griff wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:19 pm :tits: had her surgery today and everything went well so far, should be moving forward with IVF again over the coming weeks with a potential embryo transfer around November 1.
Good to hear!

Good luck with the other stuff too.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

D Griff wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:19 pm :tits: had her surgery today and everything went well so far, should be moving forward with IVF again over the coming weeks with a potential embryo transfer around November 1.
good deal man
SAWCE

:nice: hope the transfer goes smooth and takes.

We should be starting our IUI shit soon. Think Michelle is a few days out from starting her next cycle.
Desertbreh

Wow dude. Those mid 30s blues. I clink my glass to you.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

D Griff wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:18 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:39 pm

Dang :mahman: , that is a lot of updates. Not surprised to hear a few arguments/bumps in the road after moving in with the GF, seems like pretty par for the course, definitely an adjustment but I'm sure it will work out in the end. Hope that the health challenges work out, definitely exercising could help, it is honestly all that's keeping me sane these days.
Now that weather is getting nicer being fall, ill certainly take advantage of it tomorrow early morning, also looking forward to ride bikes from silver spring to national mall. I began to notice more and more trails now.But yeah i am accustomed. I am starting to realize that i am a little bit more privileged growing up compared to :tits: being an oldest daughter in latina household take care of their siblings vs me being partially that. I always thought i was responsible in the house. But not to her standards. Only child vs siblings that is
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.