DYELB: The Gainz Train

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

golftdibrad1 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:40 am
J-Ho-Fo-Show69 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:26 pm

This one adjusts up so you can use it like a squat rack. Just need the screws. Guy didn’t bring them, but I wasn’t gonna say shit for a 💯.

I actually messaged this guy like two weeks ago about buying it for $300. I was supposed to get it several Fridays ago, but he never sent me his address. And I guess I muted our convo on Facebook. Happen to be on there today and he had sent me like 5 messages over the last week. The one this morning was like dude I have to get this out of my house. I’ll bring it to you and drop the price to a hundo. I was like oh shit, kinda felt bad. He drove it all the way from Kings Mountain.
:nice:

I did 365 squat for a double this am. Strength coming back nicely.
:notbad:
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Was gonna post in OT, but I’ll keep it here. Gym bro works at Costco and gave me a heads up that they threw their display model stationary bike on sale half off. Isn’t used at all.. pedals and stuff aren’t even attached, but could use a wipe down from people running their grubby little hands over it. ProForm Pro Trainer 500. $200 down from $400. Very stoked about being able to do cardio at the house now. Probably keep it in my office.
J-Ho-Fo-Show69
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: 328, TJ, Grand Trailhawk

It’s crazy our dad’s generation just dealt with shit and sucked it up like a man.

I aggravated something in my shoulder yesterday lifting. Hurt like a mofo. I just dealt with it all day literally in a shit mood.

My wife gets home and asks me what I took for it. Never even crossed my mind to do anything. She gave me IBP, rubbed this Icy Hot CBD rub on me and setup a heating pad for me to sleep on. I feel like a new man this morning.

20 hours ago I just assumed this was my life now. I remember my dad bitching about stuff hurting growing up, but he never did anything about it. My wife literally married a Neanderthal
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

J-Ho-Fo-Show69 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:02 am It’s crazy our dad’s generation just dealt with shit and sucked it up like a man.

I aggravated something in my shoulder yesterday lifting. Hurt like a mofo. I just dealt with it all day literally in a shit mood.

My wife gets home and asks me what I took for it. Never even crossed my mind to do anything. She gave me IBP, rubbed this Icy Hot CBD rub on me and setup a heating pad for me to sleep on. I feel like a new man this morning.

20 hours ago I just assumed this was my life now. I remember my dad bitching about stuff hurting growing up, but he never did anything about it. My wife literally married a Neanderthal
Were you lifting much recently prior to getting the garage setup? I will say if it's been a while, one thing I'd recommend now that we're old is definitely stretching, warming up, and really taking time to work up to heavier weight (or focusing on higher rep stuff).

Basically all of the other Neanderthals here have bitched about similar shoulder/back injuries and it's usually from being a hero without proper prep, although it does happen some regardless.

My back was killing me from a lift a week or two ago, somehow doing bent over rows (only 135 pounds) something just got out of whack, ibuprophen def helped. It seems like it's over now :doe:
J-Ho-Fo-Show69
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

D Griff wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:45 am
J-Ho-Fo-Show69 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:02 am It’s crazy our dad’s generation just dealt with shit and sucked it up like a man.

Were you lifting much recently prior to getting the garage setup? I will say if it's been a while, one thing I'd recommend now that we're old is definitely stretching, warming up, and really taking time to work up to heavier weight (or focusing on higher rep stuff).

Basically all of the other Neanderthals here have bitched about similar shoulder/back injuries and it's usually from being a hero without proper prep, although it does happen some regardless.

My back was killing me from a lift a week or two ago, somehow doing bent over rows (only 135 pounds) something just got out of whack, ibuprophen def helped. It seems like it's over now :doe:
Naw, my lifting was sparse before the garage setup. Hadn’t done much in years really. I probs threw too much weight on there and was trying to be a hero as you say.

I’m not much for stretching. Never have been. Every time I have done it in the past I get hurt. I think I was just being a dumbass this time. I was trying to get back to those college days too fast. Either way, I’m probably relegated to lower weight for the next two weeks while I work this out.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

J-Ho-Fo-Show69 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:21 am
D Griff wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:45 am

Naw, my lifting was sparse before the garage setup. Hadn’t done much in years really. I probs threw too much weight on there and was trying to be a hero as you say.

I’m not much for stretching. Never have been. Every time I have done it in the past I get hurt. I think I was just being a dumbass this time. I was trying to get back to those college days too fast. Either way, I’m probably relegated to lower weight for the next two weeks while I work this out.
Id agree stretching to warm up is largely a waste of time in the context of lifting. Start with just the bar and warm up to working weight. Definitely reduce load on that shoulder BUT CONTINUTE to lift as you rehab. Do 5lb increases every other workout until that stops working.

I hurt my shoulder pretty good about 6 months ago, dr suspects partial tear in rotator cuff. I just kept at it with lighter loads and its feeling pretty normal these days. I recently did 245 for 3 on bench and 145 for 2 seated OHP (I think, need to start a log/program again) with no ill effects, about where I was when I hurt it. Note this was not a random pain after the fact...I felt it pop.

I'm a big fan of the cult of starting strength, especially for those just starting out or after long time off not training. Probably more of a cost / benefit tradeoff once out of the early intermediate stages of training where injuries start to creep in and hamper progress, but individual mileage varies here. 4 exercises, 3 days a week rotating 2 movements, takes about an hour.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

golftdibrad1 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:30 am

Id agree stretching to warm up is largely a waste of time in the context of lifting. Start with just the bar and warm up to working weight. Definitely reduce load on that shoulder BUT CONTINUTE to lift as you rehab. Do 5lb increases every other workout until that stops working.

I hurt my shoulder pretty good about 6 months ago, dr suspects partial tear in rotator cuff. I just kept at it with lighter loads and its feeling pretty normal these days. I recently did 245 for 3 on bench and 145 for 2 seated OHP (I think, need to start a log/program again) with no ill effects, about where I was when I hurt it. Note this was not a random pain after the fact...I felt it pop.

I'm a big fan of the cult of starting strength, especially for those just starting out or after long time off not training. Probably more of a cost / benefit tradeoff once out of the early intermediate stages of training where injuries start to creep in and hamper progress, but individual mileage varies here. 4 exercises, 3 days a week rotating 2 movements, takes about an hour.
Warming up with an empty bar has its place...but man, if that's all you're doing after you have some training miles you're asking for injury.

The credit for this warm-up goes to Joe DeFranco, whose programming I'm following at the moment, but here's an example of a dynamic warm-up for an upper body push-pull day.
  • YWTI ISO-holds, 3 rounds x 5 seconds at each position
  • Face pulls with external rotation (hands before elbows), 20 reps
  • Inverted Rows (touch and hold chest to bar for a 1 count each rep), 10 reps
  • Hand release push-ups, 10 reps
  • Dumbbell cuban press, 20 reps
  • Push-up pulses with forearms on the floor, 20 reps
  • Dumbbell Snatches, 3x10 (5 reps per side) with ascending weight
THEN you get under the bar to bench.
J-Ho-Fo-Show69
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

coogles wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:42 am

Warming up with an empty bar has its place...but man, if that's all you're doing after you have some training miles you're asking for injury.

The credit for this warm-up goes to Joe DeFranco, whose programming I'm following at the moment, but here's an example of a dynamic warm-up for an upper body push-pull day.
  • YWTI ISO-holds, 3 rounds x 5 seconds at each position
  • Face pulls with external rotation (hands before elbows), 20 reps
  • Inverted Rows (touch and hold chest to bar for a 1 count each rep), 10 reps
  • Hand release push-ups, 10 reps
  • Dumbbell cuban press, 20 reps
  • Push-up pulses with forearms on the floor, 20 reps
  • Dumbbell Snatches, 3x10 (5 reps per side) with ascending weight
THEN you get under the bar to bench.
Thanks cooters. I’ll have to give this a try.
SAWCE

Have you tried throwing some BPC-157 and TB-500 in there to help it heal up? Lots of good reports of that stuff working wonders for things like that.

Alternatively, or in addition to, if you need some actual hGH, let me know and I can see if my guy has any or when he gets his next delivery.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

SAWCE wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:08 am

Have you tried throwing some BPC-157 and TB-500 in there to help it heal up? Lots of good reports of that stuff working wonders for things like that.

Alternatively, or in addition to, if you need some actual hGH, let me know and I can see if my guy has any or when he gets his next delivery.
I have not. I hear good things about both, but there is a not insignificant cost and time + training + PT has done wonders.

RE: hGH. I know it works and I have no doubt it would bring some benefits. I have 2 reasons for not trying. I have had HORRIBLE reactions from the grey market test. Whatever they are mixing that stuff with does not play well with me. Hell even the stuff from the compounding pharmacy (where i get it from now) gives me a mild reaction. I mean we are talking the difference between a huge feverish welt w/ bruising at injection site I considered an urgent care visit for vs a mosquito bite here. Stuff from big pharma does not have the same side effect. Therefore I am hesitant to try any grey market injectables. Scared the shit outta me TBH.

Second reason is that TRT is my / our birth control method of choice. hGH will restore some function to my severely atrophied balls and it would PROBABLY be ok, but I dont want another baby. May look into it as i age and get approval from the wife to officially cut off the supply t00bes reducing that risk to effectively zero.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
SAWCE

golftdibrad1 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:39 am
SAWCE wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:08 am

I have not. I hear good things about both, but there is a not insignificant cost and time + training + PT has done wonders.

RE: hGH. I know it works and I have no doubt it would bring some benefits. I have 2 reasons for not trying. I have had HORRIBLE reactions from the grey market test. Whatever they are mixing that stuff with does not play well with me. Hell even the stuff from the compounding pharmacy (where i get it from now) gives me a mild reaction. I mean we are talking the difference between a huge feverish welt w/ bruising at injection site I considered an urgent care visit for vs a mosquito bite here. Stuff from big pharma does not have the same side effect. Therefore I am hesitant to try any grey market injectables. Scared the shit outta me TBH.

Second reason is that TRT is my / our birth control method of choice. hGH will restore some function to my severely atrophied balls and it would PROBABLY be ok, but I dont want another baby. May look into it as i age and get approval from the wife to officially cut off the supply t00bes reducing that risk to effectively zero.
Totally makes sense.

If you do decide hGH may be for you down the road, the stuff I get is not black or grey market. Well, I guess maybe grey market depending on how you look at it. But it is legit Serostim from EMD Serono. My guy has a few clients that have HIV/aids, and they sell their prescriptions to him. Several of the boxes I’ve gotten have had their prescription with their doctor’s name and everything still on them lol. And you reconstitute yourself with bacteriostatic water, which shouldn’t give you the same reactions as the oil-based testosterone and whatever else you may have injected. No pressure to buy/use it, as it’s also very expensive, but just in case you’re ever interested hopefully that helps to ease your mind.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

SAWCE wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:32 pm

Totally makes sense.

If you do decide hGH may be for you down the road, the stuff I get is not black or grey market. Well, I guess maybe grey market depending on how you look at it. But it is legit Serostim from EMD Serono. My guy has a few clients that have HIV/aids, and they sell their prescriptions to him. Several of the boxes I’ve gotten have had their prescription with their doctor’s name and everything still on them lol. And you reconstitute yourself with bacteriostatic water, which shouldn’t give you the same reactions as the oil-based testosterone and whatever else you may have injected. No pressure to buy/use it, as it’s also very expensive, but just in case you’re ever interested hopefully that helps to ease your mind.
Thats good to know man! maybe one day...
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Totally makes sense.

I can confirm after my hormone treatment and all the IVF shit that anything reconstituted with water is better across the board than oil stuff. Less bruising, pain, easier to work with.
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:48 pm

Totally makes sense.

I can confirm after my hormone treatment and all the IVF shit that anything reconstituted with water is better across the board than oil stuff. Less bruising, pain, easier to work with.
Plus you can use much smaller insulin needles. Pushing anything oil based through a needle smaller than like 27g is a pain in the ass. Water solutions will easily go through the smallest 31g insulin pins.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Pulled 500 this morning. This is after waking up an hour early (4 am) to violent bg's needing a poop.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

golftdibrad1 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:20 am Pulled 500 this morning. This is after waking up an hour early (4 am) to violent bg's needing a poop.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

coogles wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:51 am
golftdibrad1 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:20 am Pulled 500 this morning. This is after waking up an hour early (4 am) to violent bg's needing a poop.
and i didnt even stretch :lol:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

golftdibrad1 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:41 am
coogles wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:51 am

and i didnt even stretch :lol:
There was zero stretching in that warmup I shared. ;)
J-Ho-Fo-Show69
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Five hundo off the couch? :impressive:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Thinking more about the stretching thing I suppose it’s true I don’t really do any stretching for lifting or upper body, I do stretch around running and cycling much more. I have to make myself do it but it helps quite a bit. For me just a slower warmup into the lift is more the thing - starting with lighter weight, often times warming up with cardio first, etc.

500 pound pull is :impressive:
SAWCE

Hit my first dose of BPC157 and TB500 this afternoon. I bought a month’s worth of each, and I’ll focus this round on my knee pain I’ve been having. If I get good results I’ll run another month’s worth in my right elbow where I’ve been getting some pain/tendonitis.

Dosing them at 250mcg 2x/day for the BPC, and 2.5mg 2x/week for the TB.

TB is supposed to work systemically, so might see some elbow relief during this first month anyways.
SAWCE

Finally got that stationary bike up and running. Hit 15 minutes today at 10 resistance and kept mid 80s rpm. I’ll maintain that all week then bump up to 20 minutes for next week.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:34 pm Finally got that stationary bike up and running. Hit 15 minutes today at 10 resistance and kept mid 80s rpm. I’ll maintain that all week then bump up to 20 minutes for next week.
:fuckyeah: pretty soon you’ll be craving some real bike action. Portland area is great for it.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:13 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:34 pm Finally got that stationary bike up and running. Hit 15 minutes today at 10 resistance and kept mid 80s rpm. I’ll maintain that all week then bump up to 20 minutes for next week.
:fuckyeah: pretty soon you’ll be craving some real bike action. Portland area is great for it.
:dat:
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Did a 385 squat for a single this morning. Lots of external stress this weekend/week, so felt like shit but weights moved well, even if the warmups felt like poo.