DYELB: The Gainz Train

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

golftdibrad1 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:15 am Did a 385 squat for a single this morning. Lots of external stress this weekend/week, so felt like shit but weights moved well, even if the warmups felt like poo.
Hell yeah!
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:13 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:34 pm Finally got that stationary bike up and running. Hit 15 minutes today at 10 resistance and kept mid 80s rpm. I’ll maintain that all week then bump up to 20 minutes for next week.
:fuckyeah: pretty soon you’ll be craving some real bike action. Portland area is great for it.
I’d be down for biking to/from the gym, and some weekend cruises for extra cardio for sure. I thought about buying Johnny’s bike he was selling on here..
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

Despite getting a cold this week I did my workouts. pretty sold week. Got a 150lb seated OHP single, 385 squat, and did some pulls at 435 this morning.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
SAWCE

Quick BPC/TB update: only been about a week and I’d say my knee is 75% better. Still some pain, but minimal compared to what it has been for the last who even fucking knows anymore.

Thursday I trained legs before hopping on a flight to Denver. Normally sitting with my knee bent like that for several hours makes that patellar tendon ache like a bitch, and I expected the worst after having just trained legs, but zero pain or ache at all during or after the flight :fuckyeah: I’m going to continue treating my knee with the full month’s worth of stuff I got, and then I’ll buy another month’s worth and treat my right elbow that’s been giving me some issues for the last several months.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

SAWCE wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:28 pm Quick BPC/TB update: only been about a week and I’d say my knee is 75% better. Still some pain, but minimal compared to what it has been for the last who even fucking knows anymore.

Thursday I trained legs before hopping on a flight to Denver. Normally sitting with my knee bent like that for several hours makes that patellar tendon ache like a bitch, and I expected the worst after having just trained legs, but zero pain or ache at all during or after the flight :fuckyeah: I’m going to continue treating my knee with the full month’s worth of stuff I got, and then I’ll buy another month’s worth and treat my right elbow that’s been giving me some issues for the last several months.
That is pretty :impressive:

I continue taking joint supplements and things are honestly feeling great which is remarkable as I’m cycling/running 10+ hours/week and lifting about 2. Trying to drop a few pounds as well which should help. Been sitting around 185-190 for a while, would prefer 175-180.
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:07 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:28 pm Quick BPC/TB update: only been about a week and I’d say my knee is 75% better. Still some pain, but minimal compared to what it has been for the last who even fucking knows anymore.

I continue taking joint supplements and things are honestly feeling great which is remarkable as I’m cycling/running 10+ hours/week and lifting about 2. Trying to drop a few pounds as well which should help. Been sitting around 185-190 for a while, would prefer 175-180.
:nice:

Been dieting down myself a bit. Down to 230 from 240ish a few weeks ago. I’ve been pretty slack with the diet though. I’ll tighten it up and drop another 10lbs over the next couple of weeks, then I’m gonna throw in some more gear and get back to growing.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:23 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:07 pm

Been dieting down myself a bit. Down to 230 from 240ish a few weeks ago. I’ve been pretty slack with the diet though. I’ll tighten it up and drop another 10lbs over the next couple of weeks, then I’m gonna throw in some more gear and get back to growing.
:fuckyeah:

I’m at that point where I dunno if I’ll drop the 10. I can stay at this weight without really going nuts on the diet at all, not sure it’s worth it to go all in on diet just to have a tad better abs, although I do enjoy them. Eating/drinking are also enjoyable.
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:30 pm

I’m at that point where I dunno if I’ll drop the 10. I can stay at this weight without really going nuts on the diet at all, not sure it’s worth it to go all in on diet just to have a tad better abs, although I do enjoy them. Eating/drinking are also enjoyable.
Yeah dude, you get way more enjoyment out of enjoying food and drink than you would having abs. I’d keep doing what you’re doing if I were in your shoes. You’re still far leaner than the average bear. You’ve got a good balance with life and fitness.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Just out of curiosity from a 55 year old guy trying to move down, do abs matter to your wife? I mean, does she give you the beej with em' and not without em?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
J-Ho-Fo-Show69
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: 328, TJ, Grand Trailhawk

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:55 pm

Just out of curiosity from a 55 year old guy trying to move down, do abs matter to your wife? I mean, does she give you the beej with em' and not without em?
:lolgasm: :bruh:

Abs don’t mean shit at our age! Most chicks over 30 prefer the dad bod anyway.

I was actually thinking you needed to gain weight when I saw you Sunday Dan.

Also, I would love for you to answer Breh’s question! lol
SAWCE

J-Ho-Fo-Show69 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:16 am

I always wonder if chicks are actually physically attracted to the dad bod, or if they just “like” it because it takes pressure off of them to keep a fit figure as well.
Last edited by SAWCE on Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
SAWCE

Popped a fat burner beige my cardio this morning.

:sweaty:
J-Ho-Fo-Show69
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: 328, TJ, Grand Trailhawk

SAWCE wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:25 am

I always wonder if chicks are actually physically attracted to the dad bod, or if they just “like” it because it takes pressure off of them to keep a fit figure as well.
Chicks with abs are kinda cringe IMO. I’ve been with girls who’ve had them in the past, not a fan!

I’ve heard and seen women of age (30-50) speak and act to know the dad bod is synonymous with a guy who is family oriented. Dad bod doesn’t mean fat, but def not abs.

I had this convo with a team lead at my office. He says if you have time for abs, you don’t have time to work, and you cannot be on my team.

Dad bod is the middle ground between being tone, but not having the time (because you’re a father and you work) to get abs.

Having abs as a desirable quality ranks pretty low of women’s scale of importance, especially the older they are.
SAWCE

J-Ho-Fo-Show69 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:38 am

Chicks with abs are kinda cringe IMO. I’ve been with girls who’ve had them in the past, not a fan!

I’ve heard and seen women of age (30-50) speak and act to know the dad bod is synonymous with a guy who is family oriented. Dad bod doesn’t mean fat, but def not abs.

I had this convo with a team lead at my office. He says if you have time for abs, you don’t have time to work, and you cannot be on my team.

Dad bod is the middle ground between being tone, but not having the time (because you’re a father and you work) to get abs.

Having abs as a desirable quality ranks pretty low of women’s scale of importance, especially the older they are.
:word:

I like abs on chicks, but it’s definitely the extreme end of the scale for them with how lean they have to get to get abs.. generally more unhealthy for them to get that lean as it disrupts their hormonal cycle.

I like that version of dad bod, where it’s fit but not fat… a lot of people use dad bod to just excuse being obese.

I’d argue with your team lead though.. having abs is so much more about shedding fat via dieting than it is about spending time doing cardio or actually training your abs. Everyone has time to simply eat fewer calories, most aren’t willing to sit in that uncomfortably hungry state long enough to get them showing though. Of course training them hard and heavy like any other muscle group will get them to grow and have them showing at higher body fat levels, but ultimately having abs is a matter of dietary discipline.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

J-Ho-Fo-Show69 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:38 am Chicks with abs are kinda cringe IMO. I’ve been with girls who’ve had them in the past, not a fan!

This is such a fucking stupid take.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

I don't think my wife really cares that I have abs. She certainly doesn't hate it - she likes that I'm in shape, but beyond that it doesn't really seem to matter to her. When we were in high school and college she fuckin' loved it, though.

The downside now, I think, is that my wife is sometimes self-conscious about her own body, especially in contrast with mine. She's beautiful, but she's also carried three kids, two of them at one time, and that's a hard thing to do. Her body won't ever be quite the same and she's not real happy about it. It's a double-edged sword. Being around me and my habits seems to give her motivation to eat a diet more focused on protein and to get in the gym, but she needs her sleep and can't do the 6am workout thing like I do, so she just doesn't have the time to invest into it.
SAWCE

coogles wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:07 am
J-Ho-Fo-Show69 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:38 am Chicks with abs are kinda cringe IMO. I’ve been with girls who’ve had them in the past, not a fan!

:mahman:

As a team lead/manager I’d have the exact opposite mindset. With all the tasty food and beverages in the world, and all of the social obligations and other things to do, if you have the discipline and dedication to maintain abs/fitness then you’re the exact type of person I want working for me.

Good buddy of mine was a casual bodybuilder like myself and once he was done with that he just flipped that switch and took that dedication and mindset of struggling through uncomfortable shit until it becomes comfortable to his career and he’s balling hard now. Still maintains his physique on top of that too.
SAWCE

coogles wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:15 am I don't think my wife really cares that I have abs. She certainly doesn't hate it - she likes that I'm in shape, but beyond that it doesn't really seem to matter to her. When we were in high school and college she fuckin' loved it, though.

The downside now, I think, is that my wife is sometimes self-conscious about her own body, especially in contrast with mine. She's beautiful, but she's also carried three kids, two of them at one time, and that's a hard thing to do. Her body won't ever be quite the same and she's not real happy about it. It's a double-edged sword. Being around me and my habits seems to give her motivation to eat a diet more focused on protein and to get in the gym, but she needs her sleep and can't do the 6am workout thing like I do, so she just doesn't have the time to invest into it.
Michelle and your wife can bond over that feeling for sure. I have to be careful about what to me are just factual comments about food as I turn things down or choose other things to eat, because they can make her feel bad about not making those choices with me. I’ve learned to, and am working on being better about, simply say “no thanks” when offered something that doesn’t fit my goals.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:39 am
coogles wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:15 am I don't think my wife really cares that I have abs. She certainly doesn't hate it - she likes that I'm in shape, but beyond that it doesn't really seem to matter to her. When we were in high school and college she fuckin' loved it, though.

Michelle and your wife can bond over that feeling for sure. I have to be careful about what to me are just factual comments about food as I turn things down or choose other things to eat, because they can make her feel bad about not making those choices with me. I’ve learned to, and am working on being better about, simply say “no thanks” when offered something that doesn’t fit my goals.
:dat: :dat: :dat:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:39 am Michelle and your wife can bond over that feeling for sure. I have to be careful about what to me are just factual comments about food as I turn things down or choose other things to eat, because they can make her feel bad about not making those choices with me. I’ve learned to, and am working on being better about, simply say “no thanks” when offered something that doesn’t fit my goals.
Yep. I'm never planning to get on a bodybuilding stage, so I don't need to be as disciplined as you, but that situation can get dicey. I've certainly heard of cases where one person in the relationship will try to sabotage the other who's trying to make healthier choices, whether that's about diet or working out. Two people need to be on the same page with that kind of thing.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

coogles wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:07 am

:dat:

I agree with :sawce: , GENERALLY fit people are really good at time management, hard workers, etc. That said, that is a 100% illegal thing to judge a candidate on and an absolutely insane HR nightmare. Also there are plenty of fat people, skinny people, muscular people, in-between people good at their jobs.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I think it's more that, but also we all have our own tastes, plenty of chicks like fit dudes, others don't care.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:51 am :dat:

I agree with :sawce: , GENERALLY fit people are really good at time management, hard workers, etc. That said, that is a 100% illegal thing to judge a candidate on and an absolutely insane HR nightmare. Also there are plenty of fat people, skinny people, muscular people, in-between people good at their jobs.
Some people are just meatheads, but if you see a 40-something who's in tremendous shape, they don't look that way by sheer dumb luck or genetics. They have the habits and the discipline to match, and those things carry over to other parts of life.

The body and the mind are connected. Letting go of one will have some kind of negative impact on the other.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:lolgasm: Great question. Eh, I don't think she cares a huge amount, she def likes me being fit but I think would be cool as long as I'm not overly fat. Truth is, I think she was probably more into the physique I had when I was more into power lifting and such.

The abs thing is just really for me, :iono: why but I've always been into very low fat body comp. Oddly enough I prefer a bit of a curvier physique in women.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

J-Ho-Fo-Show69 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:38 am

I understand what he's trying to say, but abs have less to do with how much effort you put into them than what you do or don't stuff in your maw. If I spend 20 minutes a day doing crunches while I drink coffee in the morning and then eat three pieces of lettuce all day, I will have abs. I still have time for work. People with abs either have fun and spend all day working out like your office guy, OR you are just incredibly disciplined and don't eat fun food or drink OR you are the rare genetic freak.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.