Kamry XSE impressions and further updates

Strut your greasy stuff!
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:17 pm The Poonmobile will be going away in no time and you'll need a temp car to make it to the next thing. I'd keep it but just ignore most of that stuff like the dash lights. My first car was a 250k mile Taurus and a lot of the dash lights were burned out :whocares: in that level of turd.
Not knowing the gear you’re in at night and what the range is, is kind of annoying though. I’ll put up with the lack of keyless and a loose door handle
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:42 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:17 pm The Poonmobile will be going away in no time and you'll need a temp car to make it to the next thing. I'd keep it but just ignore most of that stuff like the dash lights. My first car was a 250k mile Taurus and a lot of the dash lights were burned out :whocares: in that level of turd.
Not knowing the gear you’re in at night and what the range is, is kind of annoying though. I’ll put up with the lack of keyless and a loose door handle
All of those little things :triggered: me, just have to prioritize, fix only what you absolutely can't live with on a car like that, IMO.
max225

D Griff wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:45 pm

All of those little things :triggered: me, just have to prioritize, fix only what you absolutely can't live with on a car like that, IMO.
Exactly... the headlights were barely working too, wiper blades didn’t either. Fking neglect ... ugh I hate it
Fixed the lights and getting new blades
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

You are driving a 400K mile taxicab. You should just be glad you are moving forward.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:37 am

You are driving a 400K mile taxicab. You should just be glad you are moving forward.
Seriously. Run this bitch to 400K and send us a pic of the donation or get some balls and make a Ford half million miles quest. I'd seriously consider it. Great car.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:42 am
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:37 am

Seriously. Run this bitch to 400K and send us a pic of the donation or get some balls and make a Ford half million miles quest. I'd seriously consider it. Great car.
I tried emailing ford about a year ago when it hit 380k but they didn’t email me back. I figured they’d be curious to study the car after that type of mileage considering it is an original engine and trans
Desertbreh

max225 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:49 am
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:42 am

I tried emailing ford about a year ago when it hit 380k but they didn’t email me back. I figured they’d be curious to study the car after that type of mileage considering it is an original engine and trans
I'd try again. Great platform though probably lots of taxis that have done it.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:08 am
max225 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:49 am

I'd try again. Great platform though probably lots of taxis that have done it.
Believe it or not, I always keep an eye out for this type of deal. Most cabs I have ridden in don’t have more than 250k let alone 300. Most cop cars get retired at 80-120k. Some limos get close though, but it seems that they always have engine/trans work for sure at that point. Especially he 03+ vehicles because you can’t service the trans and it pops by 150k because no one cares enough to change the fluid
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:27 pm Quick question guys...

I am wondering about what to do with the crown vic. It is still in fairly decent shape... But it needs some work to undo some of the "neglect" that it has received over the last 2 years...
Needs:
New wiper blades (ordered)
New floor mats, due to hole (ordered)
Alignment
Keyless fixed
Front brake pads ($30) 80k miles on these right now... still 20% left but they feel bad and squeak a bit
Dash needs to come out to resolder the rear panel due to incorrect MPG/range display (should be easy ish)

The car for some reason started having a ton of random electrical issues.
Some of the dash lights burned out: can't tell when it gear at night, can't see light switch at night, some of the hvac lights burned out.

The front suspension needs new parts. After 390k miles most of the bushings/end links are worn out...
A complete "kit" is $100 only in parts... but it would need some labor.
It also seems to pull to the right a fair amount which is annoying AF as I believe it can't get aligned due to worn out suspension components.

What say yee... do I work on this thing to fix it? Or do I let it further fall into dispair ?
If your dad wants it as a backup car then get the alignment done and brake pads. I'd leave the dash lights and wiring unless it's affecting other shit like the gauges working or something. Ripping apart the dash to replace burned out lights is :disgust: But if all that shit is failing at the same time you may have a wiring harness issue. Which would be :nope: and I'd off it. Leave the front suspension unless it's going to literally fall apart while driving.
Johnny_P

The car I took my driving test on was a 1985 Vic which had a broken gear indicator. :aintcare: I actually really liked that car. Smooth as hell and no power. 120 HP 4.2L V8 :lolol:
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:47 am

The car I took my driving test on was a 1985 Vic which had a broken gear indicator. :aintcare: I actually really liked that car. Smooth as hell and no power. 120 HP 4.2L V8 :lolol:
I think my CV is rated at 200hp... so it isn't that different... :yikes: :iono: You say tractor motor when it comes to your STI... 43hp/liter has to be the lowest specific output in the last 20 years. The real :tractor: and.... most of the reason why it lasts this long.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:29 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:47 am

I think my CV is rated at 200hp... so it isn't that different... :yikes: :iono: You say tractor motor when it comes to your STI... 43hp/liter has to be the lowest specific output in the last 20 years. The real :tractor: and.... most of the reason why it lasts this long.
:dat:
max225

meeting mr poon shortly to check out the car one final time before the whole shebang is final.

:dill: should be done by this weekend.
max225

Bmw :nuke: d one page of my application because I put down 2017 and changed the last digit to an 8. Because I got so used to writing 2017.

:doomed: sent out another application
So no bmw until next week
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

max225 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:36 pm meeting mr poon shortly to check out the car one final time before the whole shebang is final.

:like: ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
max225

Davestr wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:23 am
max225 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:36 pm meeting mr poon shortly to check out the car one final time before the whole shebang is final.

:like: ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
EL OH EL. You must have missed my update.

So... some updates on nothing.
Drove the crown vic 1000 miles so far :yikes: as of late it seems like people really hate this car and can't stand driving behind it... literally get passed on right and cut off 1-5 times a day depending on distance traveled. No matter how fast I am going. :wtf:

Averaging around 19mpg which is relatively ok I guess? I can't :member: what it used to get.

Oh and everyone HATES this car, from co workers, step mom to people mentioned above. :iono: weird to see such a negative stigma. :lol:
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

max225 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:13 pm
Davestr wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:23 am

Drove the crown vic 1000 miles so far :yikes: as of late it seems like people really hate this car and can't stand driving behind it... literally get passed on right and cut off 1-5 times a day depending on distance traveled. No matter how fast I am going. :wtf:

Averaging around 19mpg which is relatively ok I guess? I can't :member: what it used to get.

Oh and everyone HATES this car, from co workers, step mom to people mentioned above. :iono: weird to see such a negative stigma. :lol:
:narc:
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

max225 wrote:
Davestr wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:23 am :like: ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Oh and everyone HATES this car, from co workers, step mom to people mentioned above. :iono: weird to see such a negative stigma. Image
Dat noxious fumes being spewed like It's #dieselgate2017 again! :fuckyeah:
max225

Tarspin wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:50 pm
max225 wrote: EL OH EL. You must have missed my update.

Oh and everyone HATES this car, from co workers, step mom to people mentioned above. :iono: weird to see such a negative stigma. Image
Dat noxious fumes being spewed like It's #dieselgate2017 again! :fuckyeah:
Um the car gets smogged every 2 years and it pretty much registers at/near 0. 100x less than the legal limit or more.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:50 pm Dat noxious fumes being spewed like It's #dieselgate2017 again! :fuckyeah:
Um the car gets smogged every 2 years and it pretty much registers at/near 0. 100x less than the legal limit or more.
Ok Bill Nye, i was generalizing a bit. Do you need to conform to original design specs of the time because cars of that era still blew stinky exhaust fumes.
max225

Tarspin wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:04 pm
max225 wrote:
Ok Bill Nye, i was generalizing a bit. Do you need to conform to original design specs of the time because cars of that era still blew stinky exhaust fumes.
:wat: the Smog check is universal, it doesn't conform to any "original" design specs. They are fairly strict in cali. No issues with smog and crown vic runs very clean. And yes I have the :science: to prove it.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:04 pm Ok Bill Nye, i was generalizing a bit. Do you need to conform to original design specs of the time because cars of that era still blew stinky exhaust fumes.
:wat: the Smog check is universal, it doesn't conform to any "original" design specs. They are fairly strict in cali. No issues with smog and crown vic runs very clean. And yes I have the :science: to prove it.
Okay well its not the stinky ol' ill-tuned V8 that I imagined it to be. Even my 90s four bangers were dirtier then today's vehicles, but your shit don't stink.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

:derp:
Last edited by Apex on Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Apex wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:47 pm I should go lease a Fit... Sport CVT :dill: for $159/mo with $2299 down.
:doit:

5/7 in the functional:dollar ratio.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Davestr
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

Apex wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:47 pm I should go lease a Fit... Sport CVT :dill: for $159/mo with $2299 down.
Unless you need a truck or track/Auto-X its what we all should do LOL.......Oh wait...let me consider that M4 deal again LOL :)