Kamry XSE impressions and further updates

Strut your greasy stuff!
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

4zilch wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:49 pm
Apex wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:47 pm I should go lease a Fit... Sport CVT :dill: for $159/mo with $2299 down.
:doit:

5/7 in the functional:dollar ratio.
I thought I was posting in car chat. :lolol: :derp:

Also it comes in orange.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:41 pm
max225 wrote:
:wat: the Smog check is universal, it doesn't conform to any "original" design specs. They are fairly strict in cali. No issues with smog and crown vic runs very clean. And yes I have the :science: to prove it.
Okay well its not the stinky ol' ill-tuned V8 that I imagined it to be. Even my 90s four bangers were dirtier then today's vehicles, but your shit don't stink.
Modular Ford 4.6 brah.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Desertbreh wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:41 pm Okay well its not the stinky ol' ill-tuned V8 that I imagined it to be. Even my 90s four bangers were dirtier then today's vehicles, but your shit don't stink.
Modular Ford 4.6 vs a place where Pods will be taking over in 3 yrs.
Cool.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

So earlier today I was too stupid to live so I will apologize for ASSuming that people are zipping around the Ferd and cutting it off because of its stinky old tail pipe suffocating them in their semi-autonomous Electric Hybrids...

To catch the drift, are people cutting the car off because it looks like an x-cop car?
Last edited by Tar on Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:12 pm So earlier today I was too stupid ti live so I will apologize for ASSuming that people and zipping around the Ferd and cutting it off because of its stinky old tail pipe suffocating them in their semi-autonomous Electric Hybrids...

To catch the drift, are people cutting the car off because it looks like an x-cop car?
:dat: I didn't really get it either.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:12 pm So earlier today I was too stupid ti live so I will apologize for ASSuming that people and zipping around the Ferd and cutting it off because of its stinky old tail pipe suffocating them in their semi-autonomous Electric Hybrids...

I don't know anyone besides myself who likes the car but I never met someone who hates it. Weird.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Tarspin wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:22 pm
Desertbreh wrote:
I don't know anyone besides myself who likes the car but I never met someone who hates it. Weird.
I haven't truly "driven" it for longer than a day for about 8 years now... It used to be "cool" because it was a "cop car" and people actually moved out of your way etc.

I think now it is just an "ugly old american car" since most cop cars here are Exploders now or :doge: chargers and have been for 5+ years. Crown vics are just another brick in the wall breh. So the respek is gone

I am seriously perplexed about the cutting off though. My passengers have noticed it also. I'm moving with traffic etc and get tail gated/cut off constantly.

it is quite bizzare.
max225

Tarspin wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:22 pm
Desertbreh wrote:
Co workers i went to lunch with were like legit livid about it.
"what happened to the bmw what is this POS" type comment... :iono:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:22 pm I don't know anyone besides myself who likes the car but I never met someone who hates it. Weird.
Co workers i went to lunch with were like legit livid about it.
"what happened to the bmw what is this POS" type comment... :iono:
Wow thats crazy lol!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

No Vote4Trump stickers?
max225

Tarspin wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:33 pm No Vote4Trump stickers?
Nope... nada.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

max225 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:28 pm
Tarspin wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:22 pm I don't know anyone besides myself who likes the car but I never met someone who hates it. Weird.
I haven't truly "driven" it for longer than a day for about 8 years now... It used to be "cool" because it was a "cop car" and people actually moved out of your way etc.

I think now it is just an "ugly old american car" since most cop cars here are Exploders now or :doge: chargers and have been for 5+ years. Crown vics are just another brick in the wall breh. So the respek is gone

I am seriously perplexed about the cutting off though. My passengers have noticed it also. I'm moving with traffic etc and get tail gated/cut off constantly.

it is quite bizzare.
People assume that a crap car (or anything with a trailer) is slow and in the way, regardless of how fast you are going. I've seen that driving any of my dad's tow vehicles over the years. You can be rolling at 85 in a 55 and almost everyone will "have to" pass you... then half a mile later you're passing them back because they're fucking morans. :fullretard:
max225

troyguitar wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:44 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:28 pm

it is quite bizzare.
People assume that a crap car (or anything with a trailer) is slow and in the way, regardless of how fast you are going. I've seen that driving any of my dad's tow vehicles over the years. You can be rolling at 85 in a 55 and almost everyone will "have to" pass you... then half a mile later you're passing them back because they're fucking morans. :fullretard:
Yea very possible. I haven't experienced this yet until now. My TDI wasn't exactly the epitome of "nice" but the stigma as such wasn't there.

This may be the most hated car I have currently driven. Like no one is neutral about it... more like :disgust:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:33 pm No My Entire Family Interfered in the Election stickers?
:amaze:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:33 pm No My Entire Family Interfered in the Election stickers?
:dat:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Tarspin wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:39 pm
Desertbreh wrote:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:58 pm
Whoa took me a second but that’s potd worthy and factual
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

POTD
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:iswydt:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:48 pm
troyguitar wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:44 pm

Yea very possible. I haven't experienced this yet until now. My TDI wasn't exactly the epitome of "nice" but the stigma as such wasn't there.

This may be the most hated car I have currently driven. Like no one is neutral about it... more like :disgust:
My gf actually said that if I owned a Crown Vic she wouldn't ride in it :lolol: She's not exactly the stuck up type either, grew up riding in farm trucks and shit.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote:
max225 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:48 pm Yea very possible. I haven't experienced this yet until now. My TDI wasn't exactly the epitome of "nice" but the stigma as such wasn't there.

My gf actually said that if I owned a Crown Vic she wouldn't ride in it Imageol: She's not exactly the stuck up type either, grew up riding in farm trucks and shit.
Please ask her why for :science:
max225

D Griff wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:56 am
max225 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:48 pm

My gf actually said that if I owned a Crown Vic she wouldn't ride in it :lolol: She's not exactly the stuck up type either, grew up riding in farm trucks and shit.
:impressive: I wonder why
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

max225 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:22 am
D Griff wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:56 am

scared the springs will wear out and crash into a schoolbus
brain go brrrrrr
max225

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:26 am
max225 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:22 am
scared the springs will wear out and crash into a schoolbus
I need to run snow tires for sure. It is getting into the 30s here. Such danger very wow
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

WTF is all this Crown Vic hate. It is the great American cruising vessel.