Johnny_P's Street Parking Palooza

Strut your greasy stuff!
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

troyguitar wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:33 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:31 pm

And its in the south. You know what that means.

TRUCK SEASON!
:truk: and mustangs. Just spent a week down in AL and there were a fuck load of mustangs everywhere, seemed like the most popular car (not truck) on the road.
That and Altimas because :mahtroy:

IDK. I'd get a Stang or a Charger or something in the south. No snow/ice and big open roads.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

:word:

Mustang actually makes a lot of sense for most people. Plenty of space and utility for 99% of trips and not much more expensive than a Camry.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:33 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:19 pm

I think the market stabilized... Honestly... these hurricanes literally wiped out more vehicles than C4C, there will be sales spikes.
Hopefully we have some insanity snow storms this year that make people :triggered: and go buy even more Subarus, propping my resale value :zing:
Depreciation is non-existent on the STI.
max225

troyguitar wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:35 pm :word:

Mustang actually makes a lot of sense for most people. Plenty of space and utility for 99% of trips and not much more expensive than a Camry.
Yup... it is reasonably priced... has some style... RWD but... remember... they are bolted together like Bum-shelers under your average bridge.
max225

max225 wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:19 pm

I think the market stabilized... Honestly... these hurricanes literally wiped out more vehicles than C4C, there will be sales spikes.

TRUCK SEASON!
I drove by a gas station in SF and it was at $4.20 for regular and $4.40 for premium.

:thankstrump:
:doomed: I know rest of the country is like sitting at $2. :disgust:
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:36 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:33 pm

Hopefully we have some insanity snow storms this year that make people :triggered: and go buy even more Subarus, propping my resale value :zing:
False. It's low after the initial hit, but not non-existent. This isn't a 4Runner/Taco/Wrangler :bruh:
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:38 pm

TRUCK SEASON!
I drove by a gas station in SF and it was at $4.20 for regular and $4.40 for premium.

http://fuelinsights.gasbuddy.com/

Eh, $3/gal in Philly for donkey piss. It has gone up like $0.40/gal due to the hurricanes though. Expected to hang there for a minute, too.
troyguitar

TRUCK SEASON!

$3.50-3.75 for premium at most stations I saw over the past week in AL/TN/KY... :troywax: :truk: :truk: :truk:
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:37 pm
troyguitar wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:35 pm :word:

Yup... it is reasonably priced... has some style... RWD but... remember... they are bolted together like Bum-shelers under your average bridge.
I am legit curious about the supposed :doomed: build quality of the Mustang. It felt decently put together when I saw it at the auto show. I bet the Camaro is in fact built better but not like all Fords are terrible.

Each of the muscle cars has a problem doe. Chally is ginormous and a barge. Camaro you can't see out of and has horrible space utilization. Mustang is built bad? and has no rear traction.
Johnny_P

troyguitar wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:42 pm

$3.50-3.75 for premium at most stations I saw over the past week in AL/TN/KY... :troywax: :truk: :truk: :truk:
Premium continues to open a gap between regular pricing. Simply put there are more cars requiring premium fuel, and there just isn't as much of it available from the refining sector. A lot goes in to making premium blend stocks.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:44 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:37 pm

I am legit curious about the supposed :doomed: build quality of the Mustang. It felt decently put together when I saw it at the auto show. I bet the Camaro is in fact built better but not like all Fords are terrible.

Each of the muscle cars has a problem doe. Chally is ginormous and a barge. Camaro you can't see out of and has horrible space utilization. Mustang is built bad? and has no rear traction.
I am going to make a comment that ppl don't agree with... But every single one I have been in/rented was absolutely fine.

Yea if you're trying to go OCD on it, you'll likely find something but... who gives a fk it is a mustang.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:39 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:36 pm

False. It's low after the initial hit, but not non-existent. This isn't a 4Runner/Taco/Wrangler :bruh:
It is just as good as those :bruh: you know dis.. initial depreciation won't be there for you ... since you didn't get the fancy package and have the poverty stereo. Those are the ones that get hit hard... and the bedazzled ones with the "port installed" options.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:47 pm

I am going to make a comment that ppl don't agree with... But every single one I have been in/rented was absolutely fine.

Yea if you're trying to go OCD on it, you'll likely find something but... who gives a fk it is a mustang.
I drive an overpriced Corolla, I think I'd be fine with the build quality, lol
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:49 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:39 pm

It is just as good as those :bruh: you know dis.. initial depreciation won't be there for you ... since you didn't get the fancy package and have the poverty stereo. Those are the ones that get hit hard... and the bedazzled ones with the "port installed" options.
According to Edmunds and such I'm sitting at about $30k :dillerman: trade in value, $32k private party, after less than 1 year of ownership. Car was $34,700 plus rape fees and tax, call it $37,800 ish.

I did minimize the hit by getting the poverty model doe.
troyguitar

It's only :waxer: and certain GM employees/fanboys who bitch about it. If I had to buy a brand new car now for some reason, it would be between a turbro mustang, miata, 230i, and 370Z with the Z and Mustang tied for the lead.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:52 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:49 pm

According to Edmunds and such I'm sitting at about $30k :dillerman: trade in value, $32k private party, after less than 1 year of ownership. Car was $34,700 plus rape fees and tax, call it $37,800 ish.

Wouldn't really count taxes... that's a sunk cost from day 1. They are obviously a huge cost but not depreciation.

I am willing to bet you will easily get 32-33k for yours.... that's INSANELY good for the first year. $200 a month or so. My Fake-Sport is around 1k a month for the first year...
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:55 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:52 pm

Wouldn't really count taxes... that's a sunk cost from day 1. They are obviously a huge cost but not depreciation.

I am willing to bet you will easily get 32-33k for yours.... that's INSANELY good for the first year. $200 a month or so. My Fake-Sport is around 1k a month for the first year...
I think best time to sell this is before the newest one comes out which will surely have a new engine. That would be 2020 I think. So if I keep it for another 2 years that'll be pretty good. I love the car so I could see that happening. The fact that the damn thing has needed absolutely nothing at all is great, too.
Johnny_P

troyguitar wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:54 pm

It's only :waxer: and certain GM employees/fanboys who bitch about it. If I had to buy a brand new car now for some reason, it would be between a turbro mustang, miata, 230i, and 370Z with the Z and Mustang tied for the lead.
I like the 230i but man you really don't get much for your money in that car.

That's a pretty solid list overall and sort of mirrors what I'd go after. I'd want the GT mustang though because V8. And I'd probably add a used 911 or Cayman to the mix.

I should have actually looked at a Z. Would have been a fun car to own.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:08 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:55 pm

I think best time to sell this is before the newest one comes out which will surely have a new engine. That would be 2020 I think. So if I keep it for another 2 years that'll be pretty good. I love the car so I could see that happening. The fact that the damn thing has needed absolutely nothing at all is great, too.
Well you don't really drive bruh... and brand new car... so it better need nothing.

I think I will kill the tires on the BMW :(
troyguitar

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:11 pm
troyguitar wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:54 pm

That's a pretty solid list overall and sort of mirrors what I'd go after. I'd want the GT mustang though because V8. And I'd probably add a used 911 or Cayman to the mix.

230i is awesome, it's about the only right-sized DD-friendly coupe available on the market anymore besides the GT86 and maybe the 370Z. Everything else is yuuuge and the miata is tiny. Standard sport seats, good :manuel: and auto trans options, and a ridiculously underrated engine plus great fuel economy == one of the best values out there today.

Ultimate Depreciation Machine :doe: == it actually costs more than buying a brand new 911... :nope:
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:11 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:08 pm

Well you don't really drive bruh... and brand new car... so it better need nothing.

I think I will kill the tires on the BMW :(
My GTI needed shit by this point in its life.
Johnny_P

troyguitar wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:17 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:11 pm

230i is awesome, it's about the only right-sized DD-friendly coupe available on the market anymore besides the GT86 and maybe the 370Z. Everything else is yuuuge and the miata is tiny. Standard sport seats, good :manuel: and auto trans options, and a ridiculously underrated engine plus great fuel economy == one of the best values out there today.

Ultimate Depreciation Machine :doe: == it actually costs more than buying a brand new 911... :nope:
They're expensive. That's the only problem with them. Pricey off the bat and they lease like shit because they tank on the used market. The BRZ was more fun than the M235i in my opinion :iono:
troyguitar

$32k or whatever MSRP for a base 230i is not expensive. Just skip the 27-way power seats and automatic sharks with frikin lazer beams headlights...

IF you could know that it would be reliable AND that you would keep it long enough for the depreciation to not be too bad, then a base 230i would be a fantastic way to roll for 10-20 years until we get autonomous pods.
max225

Pods are going to be here in 5 years not 10-20... we're getting really close...
troyguitar

max225 wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:34 pm Pods are going to be here in 5 years not 10-20... we're getting really close...
Not for $30k and not fully autonomous where you can be asleep or :drunk: while traveling.