Interesting Car Spotted Thread

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Irish wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 8:32 pm
wap wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 2:57 pm

:dat: :lol:

Student driver driving students. :notbad:
I am a pro now, thank you very much....passed my CDL road test last week.... :fuckyeah:
Is this the same CDL needed to drive a big truck? My bro makes bank doing fuel delivery and generally sleeps in his own bed too, although sometimes extra cash is available for doing the job in other areas.

I find it tempting at times as it’s a similar wage to my biz dev job and seems lower stress.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I am a pro now, thank you very much....passed my CDL road test last week.... :fuckyeah:
Is this the same CDL needed to drive a big truck? My bro makes bank doing fuel delivery and generally sleeps in his own bed too, although sometimes extra cash is available for doing the job in other areas.

I find it tempting at times as it’s a similar wage to my biz dev job and seems lower stress.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

:fuckyeah:: Grats, :mahman: !! :like: :like:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Graduated to the big boy...

max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 8:36 pm

Trucking industry is about to get an ass pounding like no other. The 2021, 2022 250-500k annual salaries are dead. Kids however will always need to go to school
Irish

No, I went for a class B. This allows me to drive straight trucks, buses, garbage trucks, dump trucks, delivery trucks, and cement mixers.
Irish

max225 wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 10:45 am

Trucking industry is about to get an ass pounding like no other. The 2021, 2022 250-500k annual salaries are dead. Kids however will always need to go to school
Yeah...there used to be a certain nobility and code to being a truck driver. Now it is the Wild West. At least around here, they get driven like they are pick up trucks.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

:dat: and :dat:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Irish wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 7:41 am Graduated to the big boy...

:dedong:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

So are you going to have to deal with disgruntled parents if you threaten to kick little Jimmy's ass if he won't sit down and shut up?
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Irish

Desertbreh wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 11:56 am

So are you going to have to deal with disgruntled parents if you threaten to kick little Jimmy's ass if he won't sit down and shut up?
I already had a troubled kid, take off his seat belt and stand up in the van after we got into a disagreement as to whether he could chew gum. When I pulled over for safety reasons, he jumped out and booked to the police station where he proceeded to tell some unknown outlandish story re: my treatment of him. Thankfully, they didn't believe him.

But, all in all, I like the gig and the kids. The company is a mom and pop and are pretty hands off. And I enjoy handling the Yellow BehemothTM

Turbro Edit: The buses all have cameras, so as long as professionalism rules the day, I am not concerned.....
max225

Irish wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 12:29 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 11:56 am

I already had a troubled kid, take off his seat belt and stand up in the van after we got into a disagreement as to whether he could chew gum. When I pulled over for safety reasons, he jumped out and booked to the police station where he proceeded to tell some unknown outlandish story re: my treatment of him. Thankfully, they didn't believe him.

But, all in all, I like the gig and the kids. The company is a mom and pop and are pretty hands off. And I enjoy handling the Yellow BehemothTM

Turbro Edit: The buses all have cameras, so as long as professionalism rules the day, I am not concerned.....
Wow... :wtf:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 1:02 pm
Irish wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 12:29 pm

Wow... :wtf:
If I did anything remotely resembling that my dad would have beaten my ass so hard I wouldn't have been able to sit down for a month.
max225

How old is this "child"
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

max225 wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 1:27 pm How old is this "child"
We live in this generation now
https://www.boredpanda.com/starbucks-ba ... gn=organic
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 2:58 pm
max225 wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 1:27 pm How old is this "child"
:disgust:

I'd be know to work 15-16 hour days in my yooth at the movie theater. Those were delivery / print (film) moving/building/breakdown days. I'd either start the day deliveries or box office and finish the day in the booth doing whatever needed to be done.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

golftdibrad1 wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 3:08 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 2:58 pm

:disgust:

I'd be know to work 15-16 hour days in my yooth at the movie theater. Those were delivery / print (film) moving/building/breakdown days. I'd either start the day deliveries or box office and finish the day in the booth doing whatever needed to be done.
I witness that shit in my workplace, 8 hour is perfectly fine to work 40 hours per week for 5 days (hell grateful for place like starbucks), I recently witness one of the starbucks decided to be on strike by being overworked and underpaid (which i may assume exceed 40 hours perhaps past 48). Some gen z we just recently hired bitched about how she couldn't get request time off in just less than a span of the week, also having to show up work at 7 AM (that's normal in most hotels in front office, if not all).
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
max225

We just got “unlimited vacation” which means no more vacation period
Valkyrie
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Brooks Glycerin

Back in my day we were happy to keep our fingers at the end of the day.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 6:06 pm We just got “unlimited vacation” which means no more vacation period
Ha Ha. How was this explained to you, piss boy?
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 12:30 am
max225 wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 6:06 pm We just got “unlimited vacation” which means no more vacation period
Ha Ha. How was this explained to you, piss boy?
“Cost savings”
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:gag: I’m hoping this isn’t coming to my company as our current policy is :megusta:

They are quite in to cost savings recently: taking away company provided phones even though I’m using cell/data/hotspot constantly for my job and now pay for two phones myself, layoffs, travel cutbacks, etc.

:ohwell: if we get unlimited PTO I’m going to track it myself and take 25 days/year :aintcare:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:fuckyeah: congrats man, glad you’re enjoying it, :narc: seeking shithead aside.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:fuckyeah: congrats man, glad you’re enjoying it, :narc: seeking shithead aside.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 10:45 am

:notsure: anything about this is true… the pay is certainly nowhere near $500k, I’d say most solidly in the $100k-200k and they’re still quite desperate for people in many areas.

Are you referring to autonomous trucking because :lolol: The whole autonomous vehicle thing has been “on the horizon” for 10 years no with no real advancement but more obtrusive cruise control and lane keep that kind of works on freeways in perfect weather.