The Official 4zilch Garage

Strut your greasy stuff!
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

[user not found] wrote: Fri May 05, 2017 9:50 am
dubshow wrote: Fri May 05, 2017 9:19 am

good to hear. I expected the same seeing the tread. Bad news, they are all back ordered in my size. :(

might end up with the SC2 on abarth, on factory wheels. :flaccid:

none of my god damn 15" wheels will fit correctly.
Centerbore preventing proper :dock: ?
a bit of all the above. some 15" wont clear the front brake. Some wont clear the rear torsion bar... Some that clear rear WONT clear the damn front caliper. Even with adding 20mm of spacing and having mexi poke galore, its a no go. Pretty bummed but selling a lot of wheels now that Ive been hoarding for too long.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

dubshow wrote: Fri May 05, 2017 10:06 am
[user not found] wrote: Fri May 05, 2017 9:50 am

Centerbore preventing proper :dock: ?
a bit of all the above. some 15" wont clear the front brake. Some wont clear the rear torsion bar... Some that clear rear WONT clear the damn front caliper. Even with adding 20mm of spacing and having mexi poke galore, its a no go. Pretty bummed but selling a lot of wheels now that Ive been hoarding for too long.
Mix and match fronts and rears? :iono: :hue:
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Nothing new to report here. FiST, KTM, and Grom. All mostly stock :flaccid:
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Apex

4zilch wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:32 pm Nothing new to report here. FiST, KTM, and Grom. All mostly stock :flaccid:
And a Veloster outside.
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiiiiiiiiiiiiat

Apex wrote:
4zilch wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:32 pm Nothing new to report here. FiST, KTM, and Grom. All mostly stock :flaccid:
And a Veloster outside.
Not no mo'. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 pm At the risk of being sucked into your wedding planner decorative vortex, that is kind of cute.
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 22’ Chevy Blazer

Sno wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:31 pm
Apex wrote:
And a Veloster outside.

shit! what happened?
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Sno wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:31 pm
Apex wrote:
And a Veloster outside.

:wtf: :butwhy: :(
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

She did her best Bo and Luke impersonation over a set of RR tracks
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

4zilch wrote:She did her best Bo and Luke impersonation over a set of RR tracks
:amazing: !
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote:Glad you are ok BTW
:dat: , hope everyone's ok.
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

I'm ok. It could have very easily been very very bad and very tragic.

I totaled it in the middle of a wedding day for work last Saturday, an hour and a half from home. Managed to have a rental and be back on site at the venue within an hour and 20 minutes, before Zilch even made it up to the area I was in.

I was flying. Quite literally. I was rushing because wedding days for a wedding planner are nothing but rushing? I don't have a better excuse than that. Was on an extremely rural road that I was unfamiliar with. Came up over a hill way too fast, got it airborne, (We think the damage from this is what totaled it) hit a pothole ridden set of railroads tracks on the way down and lost control of the vehicle. Swerved, over corrected into another swerve, overcorrected again, finally hit the tree in that picture and hit that house. (We've since downgraded that statement to "landed against the house.")

The house was condemned, thank God. But the puddle in that picture is most definitely sewage water.

By pictures alone, Progressive called it repairable. It started twice at the scene and was driven up onto the flatbed. Once it got to the body shop they said :nope:

So it's been signed over for cash and I am shopping.

For as much as I have beat myself up over it, I finished a 20+ hour wedding day in 105 heat index without anyone from the wedding party having any idea what happened.

Also, as an interesting note, the airbags did not deploy. :notsure:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 pm At the risk of being sucked into your wedding planner decorative vortex, that is kind of cute.
Apex

Sno wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:10 pm I'm ok. It could have very easily been very very bad and very tragic.

I totaled it in the middle of a wedding day for work last Saturday, an hour and a half from home. Managed to have a rental and be back on site at the venue within an hour and 20 minutes, before Zilch even made it up to the area I was in.

I was flying. Quite literally. I was rushing because wedding days for a wedding planner are nothing but rushing? I don't have a better excuse than that. Was on an extremely rural road that I was unfamiliar with. Came up over a hill way too fast, got it airborne, (We think the damage from this is what totaled it) hit a pothole ridden set of railroads tracks on the way down and lost control of the vehicle. Swerved, over corrected into another swerve, overcorrected again, finally hit the tree in that picture and hit that house. (We've since downgraded that statement to "landed against the house.")

The house was condemned, thank God. But the puddle in that picture is most definitely sewage water.

By pictures alone, Progressive called it repairable. It started twice at the scene and was driven up onto the flatbed. Once it got to the body shop they said :nope:

For as much as I have beat myself up over it, I finished a 20+ hour wedding day in 105 heat index without anyone from the wedding party having any idea what happened.

:ohdang:

Seriously glad you are okay Sno! That sounds like quite the epic adventure for a wedding day, with no one the wiser.
Apex

I've also noticed that when cars get airborne the airbags don't like to deploy. Had something similar happen with a MINI friend of mine.
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Sno wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:10 pm I'm ok. It could have very easily been very very bad and very tragic.

Holy shit! So glad to hear that you're ok though, it very well could've been much worse and I'm glad it wasn't.

What are you shopping for to replace it? Also, I've had a truck not deploy the airbags before because it got airborne, never really figured out why that was with the way initial impact was and then the way it came down into the ground.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Apex wrote:I've also noticed that when cars get airborne the airbags don't like to deploy. Had something similar happen with a MINI friend of mine.
Wedding planners need a TRUK obviously, the one illustrated would've clearly handled those tracks better.

:trollface: Image
Apex

Tarspin wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:03 pm
Apex wrote:I've also noticed that when cars get airborne the airbags don't like to deploy. Had something similar happen with a MINI friend of mine.
Wedding planners need a TRUK obviously, the one illustrated would've clearly handled those tracks better.

:trollface: Image
The General actually tests for the scenario Sno was in:

Apex

Also, saw one of these new Raptors in black tonight. Extended cab only. :jimp:
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Devilchrono wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:58 pm

Holy shit! So glad to hear that you're ok though, it very well could've been much worse and I'm glad it wasn't.

What are you shopping for to replace it? Also, I've had a truck not deploy the airbags before because it got airborne, never really figured out why that was with the way initial impact was and then the way it came down into the ground.
Preferably small cute crossover type of SUV. Fiat 500x is at the top of my list currently but we are struggling to find ones that were not rental vehicles in a previous life.

I looked closely at Nissan Juke's when I bought the Veloster but people either love the or hate them. Unfortunately, they have a few less cubic feet of cargo space than the Veloster which is not a step backwards I am willing to take. I need every bit of storage I can get without going full blown SUV. (Gas mileage is also critical. I put 60k miles on the Veloster in two years.) I would also probably only be happy with a Nismo.

Sitting in third is just another exact same Veloster. I love that vehicle and I spent a lot of time deciding on what I wanted. For only having it two years, I didn't have it long enough to be unhappy with it. I was getting 38.5 mpg on highway and had enough storage to work. But it feels really really dumb to turn around and buy the exact same vehicle again.
Apex

Sno wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:06 pm

Preferably small cute crossover type of SUV. Fiat 500x is at the top of my list currently but we are struggling to find ones that were not rental vehicles in a previous life.

I looked closely at Nissan Juke's when I bought the Veloster but people either love the or hate them. Unfortunately, they have a few less cubic feet of cargo space than the Veloster which is not a step backwards I am willing to take. I need every bit of storage I can get without going full blown SUV. (Gas mileage is also critical. I put 60k miles on the Veloster in two years.) I would also probably only be happy with a Nismo.

Sitting in third is just another exact same Veloster. I love that vehicle and I spent a lot of time deciding on what I wanted. For only having it two years, I didn't have it long enough to be unhappy with it. I was getting 38.5 mpg on highway and had enough storage to work. But it feels really really dumb to turn around and buy the exact same vehicle again.
Get the hookup from [user not found] on a Countryman.
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Apex wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:09 pm

Minis were on the short list back at Veloster purchase. Test drove and was wildly unimpressed by their interiors.
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

We've got a Rav4, Limited with AWD that I had originally bought to replace my GTI and my wife now drives after we traded her Focus in on the Colorado. Not sure on the overall cargo space of it, but it can have a lot of shit crammed in it if you're smart about it. Not sure if you'd consider it, but it's worth a look in that segment and I can try to answer any questions if you want, and the current gen hasn't really changed much from my 2015 except overall options on the trim levels.
Apex

Sno wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:22 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:09 pm

Minis were on the short list back at Veloster purchase. Test drove and was wildly unimpressed by their interiors.
:(
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Devilchrono wrote:
Sno wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:06 pm Preferably small cute crossover type of SUV. Fiat 500x is at the top of my list currently but we are struggling to find ones that were not rental vehicles in a previous life.

We've got a Rav4, Limited with AWD that I had originally bought to replace my GTI and my wife now drives after we traded her Focus in on the Colorado. Not sure on the overall cargo space of it, but it can have a lot of shit crammed in it if you're smart about it. Not sure if you'd consider it, but it's worth a look in that segment and I can try to answer any questions if you want, and the current gen hasn't really changed much from my 2015 except overall options on the trim levels.
There's a major revamp coming up soon, but not soon enough for this situation sadly.

Golf Sportwagen comes to mind, so does the civic sport.
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Apex wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:24 pm
Sno wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:22 pm

I'm retracting this. After revisiting the countryman idea a bit, I'm excited about one up in Chicago. They have finally started using digital dash displays which I'm on board with.
Apex

Sno wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:55 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:24 pm

I'm retracting this. After revisiting the countryman idea a bit, I'm excited about one up in Chicago. They have finally started using digital dash displays which I'm on board with.
Woot!