Political Wasteland

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

[user not found] wrote:
NEEK wrote:
I don't care that they were moved. Only that the perception has become that I was the issue. I didn't get upset. I guess I ruffled some feathers, and the wrong ones to ruffle. C'est la vie.
The perception is that the conversation was in the wrong place (it was). There was no issue beyond that. Hence why the posts weren't deleted.
:dat:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Johnny_P wrote:
[user not found] wrote: I told my wife she should volunteer yesterday. Nope. Excuse city.
Volunteer for what

Protesting is not work. That won't change anything and won't solve anything. And the change.org petitions to get the electors to vote HRC.... yeah NGH get over that too. Trump is president that's that. Get involved in your party if you want to change anything I guess but you have 2 years to go before the next election cycle.
What's the point of protesting? It's not going to change anything, why waste your time?

Serious question.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Johnny_P wrote:
[user not found] wrote: I told my wife she should volunteer yesterday. Nope. Excuse city.
Volunteer for what

Protesting is not work. That won't change anything and won't solve anything. And the change.org petitions to get the electors to vote HRC.... yeah NGH get over that too. Trump is president that's that. Get involved in your party if you want to change anything I guess but you have 2 years to go before the next election cycle.
DNC call centers, etc. there is another election in 2 years.
brain go brrrrrr
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote:
Johnny_P wrote: Volunteer for what

What's the point of protesting? It's not going to change anything, why waste your time?

Serious question.

Instead people should try to figure out why the country voted the way they did. And understand what their fellow citizens are concerned about and suffering from. And adjust the political party to better encompass their hardships so you GET MORE FUCKING VOTES NEXT TIME.

Not burn cars of innocent people, or smash windows and loot stores, or deface public property.
Johnny_P

Big Brain Bradley wrote:
[user not found] wrote: Fwiw President investment go into a blind trust, usually a simply index fund.
but only WHILE they are president. What about his pre existing fundz?
That's where he becomes :waxer:

Telling you man. He's had dinner with oil execs more than once. He'll make serious bank if his policies go into effect.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

NEEK wrote:I find this kind of ridiculous. I post a few things about political shit basically saying everyone who thinks Trump is going to fuck everything up needs to calm down it is not that bad and everyone loses their fucking minds over it and calls me out, either indirectly or directly - whether half joking or not. Since when did one view of things be the way it is on here? I seriously thought it was a nice discussion, then it blew up. I had no anger, hate or malicious intent, but it seems I was the only one. Sorry that my view of not being hateful towards someone based off of what the media wants you to believe and thinking we should just all relax was so bad. I thought DFD was fun and obviously we all have different views and shit but damn. Say some political things and everything goes to shit.

I won't ever express my views on here about that ever again if that is how it is handled. Not on OT, not on the political punchbowl either.

Back to your regularly scheduled NEEK content-less posts. Being annoying is better than pissing people off.
:therapist:
NEEK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: DIESEL BRODOZER, R53 JCW

[user not found] wrote:
NEEK wrote:
I don't care that they were moved. Only that the perception has become that I was the issue. I didn't get upset. I guess I ruffled some feathers, and the wrong ones to ruffle. C'est la vie.
The perception is that the conversation was in the wrong place (it was). There was no issue beyond that. Hence why the posts weren't deleted.
It jsut happened to start in OT so it just went that way. Lots of things were going on so nobody switched to the political thread. My views, no matter where they were posted, were not received well. Different opinions and some people get worked up over this stuff. I don't, but plenty of others do. So. rather than say something that someone will then hate me for (or at the very least change their opinion of me) I will refrain. It is not worth making someone mad. When someone feels so strongly about this shit they will not listen to anything else.
*reserved for no content*
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote:
Detroit wrote: What's the point of protesting? It's not going to change anything, why waste your time?

Serious question.

Instead people should try to figure out why the country voted the way they did. And understand what their fellow citizens are concerned about and suffering from. And adjust the political party to better encompass their hardships so you GET MORE FUCKING VOTES NEXT TIME.

Not burn cars of innocent people, or smash windows and loot stores, or deface public property.
Exactly.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

lagunasecaballs wrote:Everyone will always find a reason to bitch. My lesbian co-worker has been doing nothing but bitching about Trump for the past week. This morning she was bitching that he didn't accept the presidential salary. "How fucking big is his ego? Why doesn't he just take the salary and donate it to charity, like a LBGT group?"

:rolleyes:
:butwhy:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote:
Detroit wrote:I don't think I'm going to use facebook much again. I'm over it.
I quit it last year in September ish. My life is way better without it.
I'm going on 3 years sans FB. It is a platform for narcissism. I have friends. We communicate through things called email, texts, and every once in a while I push a button on my phone and I speak to them through a form of communication called "talking." My FB was completely taken over by a) people minding everybody'd business but their own, and b) housewives blasting photos of every aspect of their lives.

As opposed to DFD, which is, of course, a meeting place for enlightened thought not unlike the taverns frequented by Ben Franklin in the early 1770s.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote:
[user not found] wrote: I quit it last year in September ish. My life is way better without it.
I'm going on 3 years sans FB. It is a platform for narcissism. I have friends. We communicate through things called email, texts, and every once in a while I push a button on my phone and I speak to them through a form of communication called "talking." My FB was completely taken over by a) people minding everybody'd business but their own, and b) housewives blasting photos of every aspect of their lives.

As opposed to DFD, which is, of course, a meeting place for enlightened thought not unlike the taverns frequented by Ben Franklin in the early 1770s.
:notbad:
ChrisoftheNorth

Dat Franklin doe.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

Desertbreh wrote:
[user not found] wrote: I quit it last year in September ish. My life is way better without it.

I've got the tavern aspect covered.
:therapist:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote:Dat Franklin doe.
Yeah.....pretty bold statement considering the most recent posts are all by datgrundle. On the other hand, BF would have been down with those threads.
Johnny_P

Desertbreh wrote:

Dong smilies doe
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote:
Big Brain Bradley wrote:
All my racing/car people are on there, friends from all over... etc.... I just use the filters. no i dont want to see this, fuck this shit, unfollow you, etc... it works well.

Honestly though, the family bit... I'd love to just :nope: out and disconnect from family.

So tired of my mom and dad following/liking/saying stupid shit on my wall.
That's why :nope: out of facebook is 5/7. I've realized that it provided absolutely zero use to me.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote:
Detroit wrote: That's why :nope: out of facebook is 5/7. I've realized that it provided absolutely zero use to me.
Telling you man, I just want to :nope: out and disappear in general.

Head to some remote cabin in Maine and just shoot wildlife photos and sell them under a pseudonym.
Oh, THAT kind of :nope:

I dream of something like this all the time.
Thedude
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Came here to talk politics. Left with the urge to check my soap dispensers. Brb.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Thedude wrote:Came here to talk politics. Left with the urge to check my soap dispensers. Brb.
welcome to DFD, where everything is off topic and the thread titles dont matter
brain go brrrrrr
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Big Brain Bradley wrote:
Thedude wrote:Came here to talk politics. Left with the urge to check my soap dispensers. Brb.
welcome to DFD, where everything is off topic and the thread titles dont matter
Until [user not found] the Omnipotent decides that they do matter and moves your stuff to suit his will - then dumps his shit on yours NFG Imagegasm:

Make DFD Great Again
troyguitar

Just goes to show that people in power can never be trusted.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

:like:
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote:
troyguitar wrote:Just goes to show that people can never be trusted.
FTFY
People without power don't need to be trusted :doe:

You can just ignore them, or grab them by the pussy. They let you do whatever you want.
ChrisoftheNorth

I'm not against threads staying on topic. :iono:
lagunasecaballs
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: All the E46 M3s

[user not found] wrote:
troyguitar wrote:Just goes to show that people in power can never be trusted.
So you've got a problem with me organizing shit into a separate topic when a topic gets derailed, AGAIN?

Fuck off dude.

What the fuck is everyone's problem with me lately? Everyone can just fuck off for all I care. I spent the last week and a half of my motherfucking spare time getting this stupid forum set up again for everyone to use, and I get your insensitive little bitch ass complaining about me un-derailing topics that I personally derailed?

Fuck off.
Troy was joking.