Grounded to the Ground - Vanilla Cammie Chronicles

Strut your greasy stuff!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Still rollin 'Cammie With Prestine Bumpers' status today. I took the wife on a 30 min drive and was waiting to get chirped about my new tints and she didn't even notice. I'm going to see how long she will go without noticing it. How do women have such little vehicular cognizance?

Great family vehicle, I like it more than I should.. I think it's the size and ride comfort, or maybe it's NFG status which makes ownership blissful. :iono:
Last edited by Tar on Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Also, I had a good laugh when some Facebook forum bro described his recent car transactions which looked like Golf R > hybrid Cammie > GTI because Cammie needs MOAR SPEED :plac: . I'm officially an old asshat, but none of that sounds relatable RN. I feel like any car I driven under 4k rpms has similar power delivery, and I'm kind of in a big old man sedan mode and my driving style that reflects... also fuel ain't cheap so everyone who pays bills is driving around leisurely to save money in all three lanes on the freeway.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

Tar wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:39 pm Still rollin 'Cammie With Prestine Bumpers' status today. I took the wife on a 30 min drive and was waiting to get chirped about my new tints and she didn't even notice. I'm going to see how long she will go without noticing it. How do women have such little vehicular cognizance?

Great family vehicle, I like it more than I should.. I think it's the size and ride comfort, or maybe it's NFG status which makes ownership blissful. :iono:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

golftdibrad1 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:47 am
Tar wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:39 pm Still rollin 'Cammie With Prestine Bumpers' status today. I took the wife on a 30 min drive and was waiting to get chirped about my new tints and she didn't even notice. I'm going to see how long she will go without noticing it. How do women have such little vehicular cognizance?

How's life broseph? How's the family?
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Tar wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:57 am
golftdibrad1 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:47 am

Dude we are doing stellar, couldn't be happier unless 1 million bucks appeared in the checking account. Thanks for askin. How are you guys doing up there?
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Tar wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:46 pm Also, I had a good laugh when some Facebook forum bro described his recent car transactions which looked like Golf R > hybrid Cammie > GTI because Cammie needs MOAR SPEED :plac: . I'm officially an old asshat, but none of that sounds relatable RN. I feel like any car I driven under 4k rpms has similar power delivery, and I'm kind of in a big old man sedan mode and my driving style that reflects... also fuel ain't cheap so everyone who pays bills is driving around leisurely to save money in all three lanes on the freeway.
Dude, also to be honest, the Cammies now are just pretty good. At this point in my rental nearly every other week life, after trying a bunch of shit, I'm pretty committed to the Camry as the best. If there happens to be an interesting BMW/Merc/Audi choice or a sports car of some kind, I'll go for that, otherwise, it's Cammie. It's just the most comfortable, usable, efficient car when you factor in everything.

That said, I'm not getting one, but I definitely understand the love.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:11 am
Tar wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:46 pm Also, I had a good laugh when some Facebook forum bro described his recent car transactions which looked like Golf R > hybrid Cammie > GTI because Cammie needs MOAR SPEED :plac: . I'm officially an old asshat, but none of that sounds relatable RN. I feel like any car I driven under 4k rpms has similar power delivery, and I'm kind of in a big old man sedan mode and my driving style that reflects... also fuel ain't cheap so everyone who pays bills is driving around leisurely to save money in all three lanes on the freeway.
Dude, also to be honest, the Cammies now are just pretty good. At this point in my rental nearly every other week life, after trying a bunch of shit, I'm pretty committed to the Camry as the best. If there happens to be an interesting BMW/Merc/Audi choice or a sports car of some kind, I'll go for that, otherwise, it's Cammie. It's just the most comfortable, usable, efficient car when you factor in everything.

That said, I'm not getting one, but I definitely understand the love.
Fo' shizz, it's not on everyone's top 5 (or 10?) list :lolol: .

I personally find it so much better then any SUV I've driven (road manners, look, comfort, price of consumables, FE, etc), minus the hatch utility for those small appliance runs. It's a major vanilla vehicle and the king of anti-car enthusiast vehicle choices, but it just does everything I need and it does it really well, so I don't feel like the stereotype fits. I couldn't really get away with driving performance vehicles like my R/C6 to their true potential on the road without running a risk of stunt driving charges and other :bs: from :narc: . After spending a few years burning through premium priced gas in a highly geared small car that I rarely ever utilized, this feels like the right tool for the job.

I do miss the DSG farts, pretty cool blue paint, and a somewhat smarter interface from ze Germans, along with some cool features like the ability to program roll down windows, etc. Oh, I still haven't lived through a winter with this car, we'll see how it does with a fresh set of Blizzaks on 17" ramz.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

golftdibrad1 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:08 am
Tar wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:57 am

Dude we are doing stellar, couldn't be happier unless 1 million bucks appeared in the checking account. Thanks for askin. How are you guys doing up there?
We could use a milskie too.. Glad to hear you're well. I guess the last time we spoke you had a new build project on some dece land :jelly: ... Good to hear that you're all happy and well.

I was pretty :eeyore: last week, bit better now. I usually just need a good plan to right the ship of despair, and I think I got it from some of our brothers on DFD. My kiddo is showing signs of depression and sometimes hopes that his life will end, but with enough effort and work I think he can dig out of it. Yesterday we made him in charge of our day, and enthusiastically took up all of his activity choices with great enthusiasm... Mini-golf and ice-cream with the grandparents and it was more fun then we could have ever expected. Like all of us dads, I just want to have happy and healthy kids that can function in society normally.... It's not easy!
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Tar wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:32 pm

We could use a milskie too.. Glad to hear you're well. I guess the last time we spoke you had a new build project on some dece land :jelly: ... Good to hear that you're all happy and well.

I was pretty :eeyore: last week, bit better now. I usually just need a good plan to right the ship of despair, and I think I got it from some of our brothers on DFD. My kiddo is showing signs of depression and sometimes hopes that his life will end, but with enough effort and work I think he can dig out of it. Yesterday we made him in charge of our day, and enthusiastically took up all of his activity choices with great enthusiasm... Mini-golf and ice-cream with the grandparents and it was more fun then we could have ever expected. Like all of us dads, I just want to have happy and healthy kids that can function in society normally.... It's not easy!
dang, that stinks but glad you are on top of it. thats dark.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Ice cream and putt putt sounds like a dece day to me :notbad:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:43 pm

Ice cream and putt putt sounds like a dece day to me :notbad:
I had teh pre-rolled... so puff puff then putt putt was 5/7
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

More grounded to the ground incoming....
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Finally had the opportunity to throw on the mudders, they are aiight looking but the kind of aftermarket you see on nine year old Altimas, especially with the madd :tints: yo.

Overall not worried about that, the WS90s look and feel like grippy beasts and should serve well in increasing Tundra I like to call home.

Brakes hardly got touched.

Car is past the 50% point with the 3yr/36k B2B coverage, for whatever that's worth.

wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Tar wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:00 pm More grounded to the ground incoming....
:wat: :hibachi:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Oh, NVM. :derp:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:06 pm
Tar wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:00 pm More grounded to the ground incoming....
Not long... just enough :hibachi: to get some pics up!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:06 pmOh, NVM. :derp:
:wub:
No worries my friend!
wap

Tar wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:07 pm
wap wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:06 pm

:word:
I thought you were buying another 'Yoda., :lol:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:08 pm
Tar wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:07 pm

:word:
I thought you were buying another 'Yoda., :lol:
We just spent a boatload on the Touareg to get it through the next four years with minimal pain. I'm happy with our fleet, but would love to have the disposable income to buy a GR86, or better yet they should bring back my MR2 wet dream.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I really enjoyed discovering the chassis jacking points, it made lifting the front and rear of the car dead simple. Also, the bolts on the wheel hub are convenient, as are the nuts which go through the wheel and help center it. They have a flat washer built in, overall a 5/7 wheel swapping experience.

Front mounted lifting point:

I didn't get a pic of the rear, but it has a stand off bracket that is easily seen sticking out below the exhaust pipe.
wap

Tar wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:26 pm I really enjoyed discovering the chassis jacking points, it made lifting the front and rear of the car dead simple. Also, the bolts on the wheel hub are convenient, as are the nuts which go through the wheel and help center it. They have a flat washer built in, overall a 5/7 wheel swapping experience.

I didn't get a pic of the rear, but it has a stand off bracket that is easily seen sticking out below the exhaust pipe.
:dat: 's :neat:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:30 pm
Tar wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:26 pm I really enjoyed discovering the chassis jacking points, it made lifting the front and rear of the car dead simple. Also, the bolts on the wheel hub are convenient, as are the nuts which go through the wheel and help center it. They have a flat washer built in, overall a 5/7 wheel swapping experience.

:dat: 's :neat:
Also why I like switching brands, it's cool to see how different manufacturers do things like this.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Monster truck mode enabled:

max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Winter Ready ?
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:41 pmWinter Ready ?
Yeah, it's getting close to freezing at night. I'm about two to four weeks early but I didn't want to lie on the driveway when the snow falls. Good to go!