OT 17: WELCOME TO THE CORONADOME!

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

I don’t understand the dishes accumulating in the sink. We wash them immediately after every meal. At worst, there’s a couple wine glasses in the sink that we put there right before we went to bed..and they get washed first thing in the morning
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Apex wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:11 pm
Tarspin wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:41 am

:hai: Pecs, I'm sensing the frustration through your posts. Hope it gets better bro.
Yeah, fuck me for finally being happy with my life. I knew it was too good to be true.
Pandemic collapsing the global economy seems like a good way to fix me being remotely comfortable.

Fuck, that sucks, and yeah i feel a constant fear too. Things could get worse still but you can bet that things are also going to get better. The stock market is already pricing in a recovery, fingers crossed.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

[user not found] wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:45 pm
troyguitar wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:00 pm Helping the people who need it the least. :fancy:
Yes people suffering from mental health disorders certainly don't need access to high quality care.
Eh, it is what it is - if people were really suffering they wouldn't have cash to blow on a :therapist: at what, $100+ an hour?

It makes sense on your end. With the rich getting richer and everyone else going broke, the only way to really succeed in selling any kind of product or service is to move upmarket. Sell GT3's, not Mirages. You're not a charity.
troyguitar

4zilch wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:54 pm I don’t understand the dishes accumulating in the sink. We wash them immediately after every meal. At worst, there’s a couple wine glasses in the sink that we put there right before we went to bed..and they get washed first thing in the morning
It takes less time and effort to clean (some of) them if they soak first. :iono: :wrong: :whocares:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:41 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:59 am

:dat:

I like shit to be nice where possible. No reason to delay it, or be bitter about the fact that I did it. She certainly does things, just isn't quite as prone to take immediate initiative. In the current way of the world, her job is also significantly more demanding and time consuming. My job is just :sad: now.
Welcome to my hell.

I walk into the kitchen to a pile of dishes every single time. And silverware soaking in bowls and such. Brand new silverware. That will end up pitting and rusting if it sits in shit. :triggered:

Wife is preggers tho. Don't wake the demon. Better to just take it and :dealwithit: and just do dishes non fucking stop every day.

Also my job is pointless and she's busy as hell all day makes me feel like a fucking loooooooser.
:dat: I don't even know what to do at work anymore... everyone I call it's the same stories "my business is going under" or "I have no projects to buy your parts for" or "I laid off all my people last week"... Even without commission though, I am still getting paid pretty good money to do very little :wtf: but :ohwell:

I do 99% of all dishes in my :haus: Even when the dishwasher is empty, she will just set things in the sink. But it's just not worth getting soap dispenser :triggered: over, I don't mind dishes.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:59 pm

Welcome to my hell.

I walk into the kitchen to a pile of dishes every single time. And silverware soaking in bowls and such. Brand new silverware. That will end up pitting and rusting if it sits in shit. :triggered:

Wife is preggers tho. Don't wake the demon. Better to just take it and :dealwithit: and just do dishes non fucking stop every day.

Also my job is pointless and she's busy as hell all day makes me feel like a fucking loooooooser.
:dat: I don't even know what to do at work anymore... everyone I call it's the same stories "my business is going under" or "I have no projects to buy your parts for" or "I laid off all my people last week"... Even without commission though, I am still getting paid pretty good money to do very little :wtf: but :ohwell:

I do 99% of all dishes in my :haus: Even when the dishwasher is empty, she will just set things in the sink. But it's just not worth getting soap dispenser :triggered: over, I don't mind dishes.
Why are the dishwashers not washing the dishes.
max225

wap wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:13 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:15 am

I have a Roth IRA that I need to start bumping up my contributions into too. I barely put anything in there right now.
My Roth lost over $30k in Q1 :doomed:
I am not even checking my fake 401k/roth accounts. That money and balance is irrelevant for another 20+ years for me.
troyguitar

max225 wrote:
D Griff wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:59 pm :dat: I don't even know what to do at work anymore... everyone I call it's the same stories "my business is going under" or "I have no projects to buy your parts for" or "I laid off all my people last week"... Even without commission though, I am still getting paid pretty good money to do very little :wtf: but :ohwell:

I basically pre-wash everything and use the machine only for finishing.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

max225 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:03 pm
wap wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:13 pm

My Roth lost over $30k in Q1 :doomed:
I am not even checking my fake 401k/roth accounts. That money and balance is irrelevant for another 20+ years for me.
I had too due to being in the middle of a rollover.

I was shocked at how :notbad: as I thought the blood bath would be was in reality...
brain go brrrrrr
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Nothing Good

troyguitar wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:57 pm
[user not found] wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:45 pm

Yes people suffering from mental health disorders certainly don't need access to high quality care.
Eh, it is what it is - if people were really suffering they wouldn't have cash to blow on a :therapist: at what, $100+ an hour?

It makes sense on your end. With the rich getting richer and everyone else going broke, the only way to really succeed in selling any kind of product or service is to move upmarket. Sell GT3's, not Mirages. You're not a charity.
I don't know what Dr. Mrs. [user not found]'s exact fees are, but as someone who frequented a :therapist: for a hot minute and had discussions with her about the ridiculous of healthcare, it can sometimes be more cost effective to pay your therapist cash versus going through your insurance.

Also, for any number of reasons, people may want to avoid billing their insurance for therapy/psychiatric services.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

[user not found] wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:13 pm

This is pretty reductionist and implies the only problem people can have are financial ones. Mental illness doesn't care about your pocket book.
Troy is implying, and is correct, getting treatment does.
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

troyguitar wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:06 pm
max225 wrote:
:dat: Otherwise, stuff doesn't come out completely clean. Kind of :rage: really, but the dishwasher is a convenient place to stack things to dry rather than the counter.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
troyguitar

This is pretty reductionist and implies the only problem people can have are financial ones. Mental illness doesn't care about your pocket book.
More like those without financial problems are less likely to have serious mental problems.

When crippling mental issues keep you from getting out of bed, for example, you don't get a job and you have no money to pay :therapist:

When crippling issues keep you from sleeping and kill your job performance, you don't keep a job and have no money to pay :therapist:

Hell I can't think of a "serious" mental problem that's compatible with getting and keeping a good job. Perhaps that's lack of imagination on my part?
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:22 pm

Troy is implying, and is correct, getting treatment does.
My wife was going to see a therapist, but decided not to after getting the bill. I told her it doesn't matter and that her mental health is worth more than money, but she doesn't see it that way. I can't force her to go, so whatever.

This is the problem with the system. Mental health IS really important, but the way most insurance handles it, it's not. We can afford it and the wife chooses not to...people who can't afford it never will.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Detroit wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:25 pm
troyguitar wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:06 pm I basically pre-wash everything and use the machine only for finishing.
:dat: Otherwise, stuff doesn't come out completely clean. Kind of :rage: really, but the dishwasher is a convenient place to stack things to dry rather than the counter.
My dishwasher is a useless piece of machinery generally. I pre wash everything before it goes in there. Kind of defeats the point.
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:27 pm
troyguitar wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:25 pm

More like those without financial problems are less likely to have serious mental problems.
Not necessarily true. Having money doesn't mean you are working for it at the moment (or ever had).
When crippling mental issues keep you from getting out of bed, for example, you don't get a job and you have no money to pay :therapist:

When crippling issues keep you from sleeping and kill your job performance, you don't keep a job and have no money to pay :therapist:

Hell I can't think of a "serious" mental problem that's compatible with getting and keeping a good job. Perhaps that's lack of imagination on my part?
All this is true but these people are not the population my wife sees EVER even when she accepts insurance.
So help me out.

What kind of "serious" problems do people with tons of extra cash to blow have? It's hard to imagine since the only problems I have would be solved almost instantly by having more money.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

D Griff wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:59 pm

Welcome to my hell.

It’s not usually a huge issue to me either. Because I have nothing to do anyway. And with her being preggers I’m happy to take some of the house bs load off her.
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:34 pm
troyguitar wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:31 pm

So help me out.

What kind of "serious" problems do people with tons of extra cash to blow have? It's hard to imagine since the only problems I have would be solved almost instantly by having more money.
I mean... She isn't dealing with people's problems she is dealing with illness. Chronic illness. Money doesn't magically repair your busted knee, but it does buy you a surgeon to repair it and a physical therapist to teach you the skills to rebuild it
Wait she's a PT?

:derp:

I thought she was in some kind of psychiatry/psychology type field. Dunno where :dafuq: I got that idea.
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:37 pm
troyguitar wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:35 pm

Wait she's a PT?

:derp:

I thought she was in some kind of psychiatry/psychology type field. Dunno where :dafuq: I got that idea.
She's a psychologist. That isn't dealing with people's problems. It's dealing with mental illness.
Sigh, more :[user not found]: word games... Fine, we will use your words. Illness is a fucking problem though, for the record.

What kind of serious mental illness is so bad that it requires :waxer: treatment yet somehow leaves one fully capable of getting and keeping a good job?
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:59 pm
4zilch wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:54 pm I don’t understand the dishes accumulating in the sink. We wash them immediately after every meal. At worst, there’s a couple wine glasses in the sink that we put there right before we went to bed..and they get washed first thing in the morning
It takes less time and effort to clean (some of) them if they soak first. :iono: :wrong: :whocares:
I mean, sure, there's times soaking is necessary, but that's like maybe 1 or 2 cooking vessels and certainly not a common situation (at least in our house). Plates, glasses, silverware get washed or rinsed and put in the dishwasher.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:39 pm
[user not found] wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:37 pm

She's a psychologist. That isn't dealing with people's problems. It's dealing with mental illness.
Sigh, more :[user not found]: word games... Fine, we will use your words. Illness is a fucking problem though, for the record.

What kind of serious mental illness is so bad that it requires :waxer: treatment yet somehow leaves one fully capable of getting and keeping a good job?
I'll play.

I used to self-sabatoge myself as "not being good enough" for anything. Viewing myself as a failure, along with depression and serious thoughts of suicide put me on a dark path. I wouldn't apply to jobs because I didn't see a point, and I typically performed rather mediocre at what I did have because I didn't see myself going anywhere or have the potential to.

That was 100% mental. My therapist managed to help me work through all of that and it put me on a path to success. My current life (that I'm really happy with) is owed almost entirely to the year I spent seeing my therapist. I never would have been able to get over my shit on my own...the same way I couldn't recover from a physical injury without a physical therapist. That's bendy's point.
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:43 pm
troyguitar wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:39 pm

There are many but her specific areas of practice are:
Anxiety
Eating Disorders
Depression
Pre Bariatric Surgery Success Evaluations

She generally doesn't deal with super mentally ill people.

She also only sees most people for a limited number of sessions (based on the type of therapy she offers) so it can often be less expensive over time with better results than someone less trained than she is.
So not actually that serious, eh? It could become serious, sure, but then they'd get fired and not be able to pay and therefore not need an expert anymore.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:44 pm
4zilch wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:43 pm

I mean, sure, there's times soaking is necessary, but that's like maybe 1 or 2 cooking vessels and certainly not a common situation (at least in our house). Plates, glasses, silverware get washed or rinsed and put in the dishwasher.
:dat: if you think it needs to be soaked it probably just needs barkeepers friend.
baking soda + boiling water

....the time my wife scorched the fuck out of some tomato sauce
max225

troyguitar wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:06 pm
max225 wrote:
I was talking about the human dishwasher ...
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:44 pm
4zilch wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:43 pm

:dat: if you think it needs to be soaked it probably just needs barkeepers friend.
Waiting is easier and faster, per time actually spent working on it, than scrubbing. IDGAF about wasting water or having stuff in the sink :doe: that's what it is made to do.