OT 19: Masks On, Clothes Off, Right Hand Left Titty

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

wap wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:59 pm :notwrong: and I enjoy learning from other people's perspective on life, and I see where you're coming from.

I'm reading up on Ludwig Von Mises tonight. He is a :grumpycat: from the early 1900s who takes a very hard line on economics, no fluff.. much lulz when comparing his methods to today's Economic expansionary techniques.

I like a healthy blend of social structure with fiscal integrity, but in my mind that includes having a functioning and free economy. Crush the corporations and the government crumbles right afterwards since they sponge off of the productivity and income created by the corporations. Spin off from what V Mises believed.

Rock meet hard place.

This is why Max concludes that the only real fix is a population reduction, which I believe is going to be initiated by the planet itself. Right now, if every American and Canadian were to go sterile, the population would die off on our island, and quickly get replaced the the massively expanding population growth in Asia. I'm calling it, TOD: Nixon era, 1978.
1978 was like 4 years after the Nixon era. That was smack dab in the middle of the Carter era.
Not in metric years.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

wap wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:11 pm
Tarspin wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:59 pm

:notwrong: and I enjoy learning from other people's perspective on life, and I see where you're coming from.

I'm reading up on Ludwig Von Mises tonight. He is a :grumpycat: from the early 1900s who takes a very hard line on economics, no fluff.. much lulz when comparing his methods to today's Economic expansionary techniques.

I like a healthy blend of social structure with fiscal integrity, but in my mind that includes having a functioning and free economy. Crush the corporations and the government crumbles right afterwards since they sponge off of the productivity and income created by the corporations. Spin off from what V Mises believed.

Rock meet hard place.

This is why Max concludes that the only real fix is a population reduction, which I believe is going to be initiated by the planet itself. Right now, if every American and Canadian were to go sterile, the population would die off on our island, and quickly get replaced the the massively expanding population growth in Asia. I'm calling it, TOD: Nixon era, 1978.
1978 was like 4 years after the Nixon era. That was smack dab in the middle of the Carter era.
True, I should clarify my stance.... I'm going by charts and the effect that Nixon's policy had on global expansion (debasement of monetary policy). I should have put my facts together better before I fired off the statement.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:30 pm
wap wrote:
Not in metric years.
Yup, :neverwrong: :lol:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Further explained:

While Nixon publicly stated his intention to resume direct convertibility of the dollar after reforms to the Bretton Woods system had been implemented, all attempts at reform proved unsuccessful. By 1973, the Bretton Woods system was replaced de facto by the current regime based on freely floating fiat currencies.[2] -Wikipedia

I'm using a :gold: chart to demonstrate the rate of inflation but you could find charts many charts illustrating the same momentum.

Wanna know why house prices are out of control? I believe it is this one movement set in place during the Nixon era.

Edit:

Adding house prices in list format by decade to show rate of change between 1970 and 1980:

Here's how much the median home value in the U.S. has changed between 1940 and 2000:

1940: $2,938
1950: $7,354
1960: $11,900
1970: $17,000
Insert Nixon here<------
1980: $47,200
1990: $79,100
2000: $119,600

Not saying that I would have done a different thing, who knows what is right or the implication of what would happen if the Bretton Woods thing wasn't passed. Pretty :neat: stuff.

:whocares:
Last edited by Tar on Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

troyguitar wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:30 pm
wap wrote:
Not in metric years.
Ah yea, right. :like:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Yeah dumb theory, :ohwell:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

So Tyson is gearing up to fight Holyfield. Hopefully he doesn't bite off the poor saps other ear too. What will he hang his mask off of?
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Melon wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:44 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:11 pm

how does it feel scrapping off the good amount of stuff off the menu?
Only thing I got regularly was the Mexican Pizza.
The last few times I had it the tortillia that goes on the top and bottom tasted stale as fuck, made the whole thing kinda gross.

So, I'm ok with them removing it. If they can't do it right, don't do it at all.
Let the MP die off with dignity.
That really depends on which taco bell :doe: mexican pizza was one of my regulars, I remember one time when I took a daytrip to VA Beach aka :plac: neck of the woods, I stopped by a TB in middle of bumfuck nowhere and they didn't even cut my mexican pizza in 4 pieces.

Also there's another one that's 2 miles from my previous home, back in like what 2012-2013? when most of the combos were around $5, some :amir: asked 9 bucks and on the digital readout when I was about to get my on the drive thru, I first thought the guy made a mistake, and the :amir: (I presume the GM) yelled the fuck did you say, it's 9 bucks for a mexican pizza combo meal. I paid twice as much at the time and never came back again. The GM was rude and looked at me like I insulted him.

$5 boxes has been my regulars since it's been the :scrooge: choice these days since the prices hasn't increased for the last 8-9 years.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Apex wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:34 pm Wifey made a couple pounds of venison jerky today. :drool:
Her dad hunted and harvested the deer. This is phenomenal. :fatty:
:drool: I love venison jerky :drool: :jelly:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:29 am Just took the dog for a walk. 45 and sunny. It's perfect out.
:megusta:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

[user not found] wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:29 am Just took the dog for a walk. 45 and sunny. It's perfect out.
Jerry: This fucker is trying to make me freeze to death!
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I need a haircut too.
Apex

Melon wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:24 am I need a haircut too.
Me tre.
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote:Just took the dog for a walk. 45 and sunny. It's perfect out.
:gtfo:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:31 am
[user not found] wrote:Just took the dog for a walk. 45 and sunny. It's perfect out.
:gtfo:
Troy, you have any pets?
troyguitar

Melon wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:31 am :gtfo:
Troy, you have any pets?
Nah, wife has allergies and I'm not into hairless cats. :sad:

I want a maine coon or norwegian forest cat.

ImageImage
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Makes sense, sucks about the allergies.
Both those breeds are dope.
Apex

troyguitar wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:57 am
Melon wrote:
Troy, you have any pets?
Nah, wife has allergies and I'm not into hairless cats. :sad:

I want a maine coon or norwegian forest cat.

:dat: :pussy: is awesome
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

For some reason I always thought the Troy’s had cats. Maybe just from Troy mentioning he’d like one of those breeds before.
SAWCE

I’d love a bengal or serval cat, but not ever gonna spend that kind of money to buy a pet.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

We had a Maine Coon once. He was badass, but battled with our other cat and ended up being the bigger asshole. I miss that fluffy fucker sometimes.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
SAWCE

Only thing I don’t like about Maine Coons is the shedding. I’ve lived with two, and the first one was terrible and his owner didn’t clean up after him at all. I brought couches with me for us to have in the living room and when I moved out about a year later I basically had to give them away because so much hair was embedded in them.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:08 am Only thing I don’t like about Maine Coons is the shedding. I’ve lived with two, and the first one was terrible and his owner didn’t clean up after him at all. I brought couches with me for us to have in the living room and when I moved out about a year later I basically had to give them away because so much hair was embedded in them.
It's the hair that limits what kind of pet(s) my wife and I can tolerate. Cats are out unfortunately, they are beautiful creatures.
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

Melon wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:24 am I need a haircut too.
Take a rifle to your local government facility and protest.
troyguitar

SAWCE wrote:For some reason I always thought the Troy’s had cats. Maybe just from Troy mentioning he’d like one of those breeds before.
I grew up with them and my parents still had one until last year. I need to move somewhere with a cat café.