Car Talk 5: The Juice is Loose!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Irish wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:20 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:14 pm Yea the amber fluid puzzles me… that’s usually transmission fluid and occasionally coolant depending on brand.

Ac compressor shouldn’t have either one unless it is coolant cooled (rare) or maybe something else overflowed and croaked the compressor
I know rite? Its just that the only symptoms are the small amount of yellowish (but not fluorescent )luid in the pan and hot blowing AC. Brake fluid seems fine as do the brakes, the power steering seems fine and its electric. The temp is fine as is the coolant level. I guess I should put a gauge on the coolant system. Maybe its the lubricant that comes in the freon? Wouldnt the compressor that is turned by belts require some internal lubricant?
Imma go with ac coolant. Our Saab (2011) had an issue with the AC drier that I replaced on my own. The residue from the coolant that leaked out was yellow/amber and it had mixed a bit with random rain water which I think may have collected rust from somewhere. It makes the most sense to me, the downside is AC things are usually pricey.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:55 am Is that an off the shelf toon?
Yep, BootMod3
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

D Griff wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:42 am
Yep, BootMod3
Aren’t those actually piggybacks? I’ve never heard of a piggyback tune being OEM smooth.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Yep, BootMod3
Just gotta drive around it. #drivermod
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:35 am https://www.instagram.com/reel/CRwBjQLH ... =copy_link

Cringe
Holy hell...

I just drove the Cucktrek on my own and had some fun with it. Sport mode, paddles, took some twisties, it's really quite great stock for what it is.
All this shit the dude put on this thing did nothing but ruin it. Guess I'm too old now?
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Detroit wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:48 pm
max225 wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:35 am https://www.instagram.com/reel/CRwBjQLH ... =copy_link

Cringe
Holy hell...

I just drove the Cucktrek on my own and had some fun with it. Sport mode, paddles, took some twisties, it's really quite great stock for what it is.
All this shit the dude put on this thing did nothing but ruin it. Guess I'm too old now?
I don't think it's age. That's fucking terrible.
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: '23 Lightning + '23 BRZ

His whole schtick is overdone, overlanding shit on Outbacks. It's awful, but he's financially motivated to be awful.
ChrisoftheNorth

MrH42 wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:24 pm His whole schtick is overdone, overlanding shit on Outbacks. It's awful, but he's financially motivated to be awful.
How is he financially motivated? Social media shit?

:disgust:
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Detroit wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:31 pm
MrH42 wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:24 pm His whole schtick is overdone, overlanding shit on Outbacks. It's awful, but he's financially motivated to be awful.

Yeah. He's an "influencer", peddling the same terrible decisions he made with his vehicle to others :evilplan:
ChrisoftheNorth

MrH42 wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:52 pm

Yeah. He's an "influencer", peddling the same terrible decisions he made with his vehicle to others :evilplan:
I hate social media.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

coogles wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:15 pm

Yep, BootMod3
Aren’t those actually piggybacks? I’ve never heard of a piggyback tune being OEM smooth.
That’s Burger 🍔 Tuning/JB4, this one is just software. I can connect my laptop to it and disable. I will probably try switching it on/off back to back and see what I think.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

D Griff wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:58 pm
coogles wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:15 pm

That’s Burger 🍔 Tuning/JB4, this one is just software. I can connect my laptop to it and disable. I will probably try switching it on/off back to back and see what I think.
Switch away, it's good to know what the tune really does to the car. I know that the :gorf: can handle most t00nes that are on the market (stage one at least), but I'm not really about that life yet since I'm the moran that decided to be cash poor by choice. I can't afford a new Gorf engine.... Not totally sure that it is really that bad, but most German manufacturers like to build to 9/10ths to remain cost effective. If that thing is over-revving and shit, then there's some risk there IMO.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Cringe
:wtf: :nope:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

MrH42 wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:52 pm

:gag:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Cringe
Holy hell...

All an Outback needs are roof racks, maybe fog lights, and honestly that’s about all. I could get behind some slightly knobbier tires.
All those steel bumpers and guards are pointless.
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Johnny_P wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:29 am
Holy hell...

All an Outback needs are roof racks, maybe fog lights, and honestly that’s about all. I could get behind some slightly knobbier tires.
All those steel bumpers and guards are pointless.
It comes stock with roof rails and foglights.

Wheels and tires are about it. The stock wheels on the outback are :gtfo:
wap

Working on the outside of my :haus: yesterday when an orange Murciélago rumbled by. A few minutes later a yellow Gallardo followed by a red R8 turned a corner and brapped by. :neat:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

wap wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:14 pm Working on the outside of my :haus: yesterday when an orange Murciélago rumbled by. A few minutes later a yellow Gallardo followed by a red R8 turned a corner and brapped by. :neat:
That must've been a nice treat for the senses! :jimp:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

wap wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:14 pm Working on the outside of my :haus: yesterday when an orange Murciélago rumbled by. A few minutes later a yellow Gallardo followed by a red R8 turned a corner and brapped by. :neat:
:fuckyeah:

I don’t know any of the models but I saw a bright green Lamborghini rip past me while I was walking the :doge: Friday night with :tits:

It looked and sounded :jimp:
ChrisoftheNorth

Watched a dude in a Tessie model X blast around a tourist doing the speed limit (55) on our 2 lane road yesterday. Had to play chicken with oncoming traffic then he almost blasted a cyclist on the shoulder when he cut over at the last minute. Such technology. Much Cool. So progress. wow.

Tessie drivers here are the worst.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:44 am Watched a dude in a Tessie model X blast around a tourist doing the speed limit (55) on our 2 lane road yesterday. Had to play chicken with oncoming traffic then he almost blasted a cyclist on the shoulder when he cut over at the last minute. Such technology. Much Cool. So progress. wow.

There is certainly a weird demographic here for Tessies. You get the typical demo similar to CA where it is just rich white people trying to look woke and be up with the times (50% of Tessie owners in CLT) and the other half seem to be this weird second owner phenomenon who drive crazy fast and douchey and have illegal :tintz: , huge :ramz: , roof racks for Trudy scene points, etc. It is like the new wave of flat brim vape bro enthusiasts. Anymore most WRX/STI are driven by 30 and 40 something dad dudes around here and used Tessies have taken the spot they used to occupy.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Also, all of Max's Tessie interest has made me realize I don't even know the models of Tessie, much like I have NFC the difference between an Outback and a Forrester, I have NFC the difference between a Y and an X and I didn't even realize there were multiple SUVs until two weeks ago. I really just give zero fucks about Tessies.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:51 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:44 am Watched a dude in a Tessie model X blast around a tourist doing the speed limit (55) on our 2 lane road yesterday. Had to play chicken with oncoming traffic then he almost blasted a cyclist on the shoulder when he cut over at the last minute. Such technology. Much Cool. So progress. wow.

There is certainly a weird demographic here for Tessies. You get the typical demo similar to CA where it is just rich white people trying to look woke and be up with the times (50% of Tessie owners in CLT) and the other half seem to be this weird second owner phenomenon who drive crazy fast and douchey and have illegal :tintz: , huge :ramz: , roof racks for Trudy scene points, etc. It is like the new wave of flat brim vape bro enthusiasts. Anymore most WRX/STI are driven by 30 and 40 something dad dudes around here and used Tessies have taken the spot they used to occupy.
It's a combo of the two here. People have to go through major effort to get one, so they feel superior to everyone else when they do. They drive like asses, all have personal plates to display their superiority and generally have some sort of vapebro mod be it super dark tint or whatever. I usually try to stay clear of them when I see them because they do dumb shit like I saw yesterday. It's :disgust:

There's a few old dudes in our hood that drive :manuel: WRXs now that you mention it. Weird demo shift.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:53 am Also, all of Max's Tessie interest has made me realize I don't even know the models of Tessie, much like I have NFC the difference between an Outback and a Forrester, I have NFC the difference between a Y and an X and I didn't even realize there were multiple SUVs until two weeks ago. I really just give zero fucks about Tessies.
It doesn't help that all Tessies look the same. The only difference is how much the douche behind the wheel paid for it and how quickly it can accelerate around poor sheep destroying the environment. Only other douches know, so it's like a secret douche club where normies just see ZOMG fancycar.

But an Outback and a Forester look different. That's just not caring, which is fair for you. Why would you care?