Dat Pizza Thread Doe

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Apex wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:06 am I had pizza from a local place last night. :fatty: So good, worth the $15 for some pepperoni 'zah.
:waxer:

We made "pizzas" on some tortillas in our oven for like $2.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

D Griff wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:08 am
Apex wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:06 am I had pizza from a local place last night. :fatty: So good, worth the $15 for some pepperoni 'zah.

I've done home made stuff on tortillas and english muffins before. :notbad:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Apex wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:31 am

These were like spinach/herb wraps actually, pretty darn tasty thin crust action.

We did one with pesto, moz, chicken, onions and one with pizza sauce, moz, pepperoni and :jalepenis:

:notbad:
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

I had a Ninja Turtle book when I was a kid that had a recipe in the back cover for english muffin pizzas. I'd get my mom to let me make them whenever I could.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Melon wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:35 am I usually order Domino's, it's not bad.

Screaming Sicilian if we do frozen.
Have you tried their parmesan pretzels or w/e is called? They’re :amaze:

They were also serving parmesan rolls or balls when I used to work there at the time.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

My ex hondurans mom used to do that :lol: but it was :mindblown: ingly good as she packed breakfast for me for the day trip
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Apex

D Griff wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:46 am

These were like spinach/herb wraps actually, pretty darn tasty thin crust action.

We did one with pesto, moz, chicken, onions and one with pizza sauce, moz, pepperoni and :jalepenis:

MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Oh at the airport i had a pizza sandwich at potbelly right before my departure
Last edited by MexicanYarisTK on Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Wifely unit makes them on Naan...... sfg

Desertbreh

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:03 am
Acid666 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:16 pm I've said this once, and I'll say it again. It's hard to fuck pizza up. But Little Ceasar's finds a way.

On the good note, there's a couple of local places that have awesome pizza. Deano's and Pizza Village are the shit.
Another local place that's the :tits: is Pizza Artista. They've got one called the BOUCHERIE and it's like fucking candy

BOUDIN ON EVERYTHING Y'ALL!!!

i was interested until it was covered in sugar :gag:

we got this thing in nola from a place called Luke
Flammenkuchen $12.00
Alsatian onion tarte, bacon, Emmenthaler cheese

It was like a super thin :bread: , no sauce but like cooked down slightly browned onions in butter as "sauce" the cheese, and the 'bacon' was more like chunks of smoked pork belly.

It was amazing.
I spent 4 hours in Luke before the Saints-Steelers game. The place has baller food.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Apex

Irish wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:14 pm

Wifely unit makes them on Naan...... sfg

goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:22 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:03 am

i was interested until it was covered in sugar :gag:

we got this thing in nola from a place called Luke
Flammenkuchen $12.00
Alsatian onion tarte, bacon, Emmenthaler cheese

It was like a super thin :bread: , no sauce but like cooked down slightly browned onions in butter as "sauce" the cheese, and the 'bacon' was more like chunks of smoked pork belly.

It was amazing.
I spent 4 hours in Luke before the Saints-Steelers game. The place has baller food.
This year year? you are fucking kidding me, that's when we were there. That morning for brunch.
brain go brrrrrr
NeonJonny
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: XR600R, C5Z, BWS3 SRT4

As someone who delivered and managed a pizza place for years I find it best to make my own. #snob And you can make it Keto, too. Califlower dough or your other decent option is carbquik. If you try carbquik bake it for 3-4 minutes with the dough by itself, then take it out, then i would suggest a small thin layer of vegetable oil on the bottom (this is on parchment paper) then set the crust back down on the paper. It was a little dry and I believe a light oil will fix that right up. Then top the pizza. Toppings to the edge, please.
Desertbreh

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:33 pm

This year year? you are fucking kidding me, that's when we were there. That morning for brunch.
:( yep. Eric reached out about meeting but I was with my wif and sometimes "hey let's go meet some people from the internet" gets little traction.
Met Max in SF last a few days ago doe. On my next trip to NOLA, and there will be another one I love that place, I will airboat nation or die.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh

Would you care to hear "A Christmas Story, NOLA Style" from my recent trip?
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:55 pm

:waxer: ghost of Christmas present.
:wasteful: ghost of Christmas present.
:scrooge: ghost of Christmas future.
:yikes:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

yes
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:52 pm

:( yep. Eric reached out about meeting but I was with my wif and sometimes "hey let's go meet some people from the internet" gets little traction.
Met Max in SF last a few days ago doe. On my next trip to NOLA, and there will be another one I love that place, I will airboat nation or die.
yea, He told me about it too, but I had a wedding that weekend and stuff planed too, so same boat.

Thats :mindblown: that even so we were very likely in the same place at the same time without planning it.
brain go brrrrrr
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Ooh! Dirk Divebomber Story Time? Sign me the fuck up!

:excited:
:gonbgud:
:popcorn:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Desertbreh

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:00 pm

yes
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:52 pm

yea, He told me about it too, but I had a wedding that weekend and stuff planed too, so same boat.

Thats :mindblown: that even so we were very likely in the same place at the same time without planning it.
Diane and I go to Port of Call for a burger on Christmas Eve....we are not alone it looks like a ritual for many. They have a drink there called the Monsoon, I'm sure you're familiar with it. A giant hurricanish thing in a plastic cup. I get one. Initially I am repelled by the cheap rum and sugar, but as the walk to Frenchman street wears on, my aversion wears off. The pulls through the straw on this lethal concoction become longer. My frosty plastic cup is my new buddy. I send Diane into the jazz bar on Frenchman street and say I am going to “look around”. I keep up the rum and fruit pulls and start to feel the full impact of this drink. Im only halfway done but realize sucking this thing dry is not going to end well. I exercise restraint and find a dumpster, preparing to sacrifice my frosty friend in the name of unfrosty relations with Diane for the rest of the day. I open the dumpster. Behind me, a voice calls out. “Don’t do that!!” I assume I have attempted to put plastic in a yard waste dumpster but by now you have realized the truth. I turn around and an entirely sober, unshabbily dressed african american gentleman asks “Is that a drink?” I advise him these are no mere remnants but a half Monsoon waiting to take him to Yuletide bliss! The exchange is made! Bells peal in the background, glad tidings for all, etc. etc.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:18 pm

yes

Diane and I go to Port of Call for a burger on Christmas Eve....we are not alone it looks like a ritual for many. They have a drink there called the Monsoon, I'm sure you're familiar with it. A giant hurricanish thing in a plastic cup. I get one. Initially I am repelled by the cheap rum and sugar, but as the walk to Frenchman street wears on, my aversion wears off. The pulls through the straw on this lethal concoction become longer. My frosty plastic cup is my new buddy. I send Diane into the jazz bar on Frenchman street and say I am going to “look around”. I keep up the rum and fruit pulls and start to feel the full impact of this drink. Im only halfway done but realize sucking this thing dry is not going to end well. I exercise restraint and find a dumpster, preparing to sacrifice my frosty friend in the name of unfrosty relations with Diane for the rest of the day. I open the dumpster. Behind me, a voice calls out. “Don’t do that!!” I assume I have attempted to put plastic in a yard waste dumpster but by now you have realized the truth. I turn around and an entirely sober, unshabbily dressed african american gentleman asks “Is that a drink?” I advise him these are no mere remnants but a half Monsoon waiting to take him to Yuletide bliss! The exchange is made! Bells peal in the background, glad tidings for all, etc. etc.
:mahdirk:
SAWCE

Also, what's your hourly rate for you to come over every night and do "story time" when I have kids?
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

yes

POTD

great story telling as usual.
brain go brrrrrr
wap

yes

:amaze:
It's an Airboat Christmas miracle. I expect to see this heart-tugging story dramatized on CBS this December and every December thereafter until eternity, right after Rudolf the Red Nose Reindeer.
wap

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:31 pm

POTD

great story telling as usual.
:dat:
Desertbreh

SAWCE wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:27 pm Also, what's your hourly rate for you to come over every night and do "story time" when I have kids?
Lol. More than you can afford pal.