OT 21: DFD Giveth and DFD Taketh Away

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:09 pm Let me just say it’s been literally one of the best 2 months on this forum. No politics just cars and everyone gets along. And no cry baby finger pointing and :rage: quitting.

Been really nice y’all ! Appreciate all of you
:wub:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

coogles wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:40 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:09 pm Let me just say it’s been literally one of the best 2 months on this forum. No politics just cars and everyone gets along. And no cry baby finger pointing and :rage: quitting.

Agreed, it has been. It may be silly to everyone I know IRL, but I really appreciate this place.
I mean I also met my wife online, so whatever. People who are anti-online friendships can :gtfo: I certainly do enjoy it.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:41 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:41 am

It was pretty solid! Thanks!

Our other buddy, who first found this area, got into town yesterday so him and my bossbro both stopped by to catch up a bit. Then Michelle and I went to this spot called Killer Burgers. Great food. I got a [user not found] and a Jose Mendez. The JM was much more spicy than I anticipated.

https://killerburger.com/menu/
oh MAN............do want.
I still owe you a meal.. if you ever have a reason to come to Portland.. let’s grab some burgs here
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:55 pm

I still owe you a meal.. if you ever have a reason to come to Portland.. let’s grab some burgs here
:drool: :jelly:
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:53 am

Our other buddy, who first found this area, got into town yesterday so him and my bossbro both stopped by to catch up a bit. Then Michelle and I went to this spot called Killer Burgers. Great food. I got a [user not found] and a Jose Mendez. The JM was much more spicy than I anticipated.

:ayfkm:

Those look good :doe:

Other than the PB one... I love PB and I love burgers even more, but the two together seems :disgust: Maybe I should just cave and try it.
Lol I didn’t even notice it did that when I typed bend e r..

Their house sauce was so good. Kinda like a fry sauce but with some chipotle and a slight pickle-ish tang. I got it on the side cause I was worried it’d just be thousand island. But I kept dipping my burger into it.
Last edited by SAWCE on Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChrisoftheNorth

5/7 would crush some burgs in Portland with sauce.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
SAWCE

Detroit wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:11 pm

:fuckyeah:

The weed we picked up yesterday was so good too. Dispensary gave me half off for my birthday :notbad:
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:12 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:11 pm

The weed we picked up yesterday was so good too. Dispensary gave me half off for my birthday :notbad:
:bruh: Smoking a bowl and crushing burgs with you would be incredible. I need to find an excuse to come to Portland.
Desertbreh

For sure!
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

SAWCE wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:29 pm It’s generally regarded as a sports supplement, but look into creatine. It’s one of the most studied supplements in the world, and for more than muscle growth. It’s been shown to help slow and delay the onset on dementia and just be good for cognitive function in general. It can be had relatively cheap. And you only need to use 5g a day, so a 500g bag for $30 lasts you 100 days. Grab the monohydrate version, not one of the fancy overpriced newer types that people are trying to shill to make a quick buck.

This is something I think that everyone should take, especially if you’ve largely cut out red meat like you and Dan since that’s the main natural source of creatine we get.
I may have to give this a shot as I really don't eat red meat at all anymore. It's basically chicken, turkey, and seafood. I'll have an occasional burger or steak sandwich every few months, but that's about it.
ChrisoftheNorth

Huckleberry wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:21 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:29 pm It’s generally regarded as a sports supplement, but look into creatine. It’s one of the most studied supplements in the world, and for more than muscle growth. It’s been shown to help slow and delay the onset on dementia and just be good for cognitive function in general. It can be had relatively cheap. And you only need to use 5g a day, so a 500g bag for $30 lasts you 100 days. Grab the monohydrate version, not one of the fancy overpriced newer types that people are trying to shill to make a quick buck.

This is something I think that everyone should take, especially if you’ve largely cut out red meat like you and Dan since that’s the main natural source of creatine we get.
I may have to give this a shot as I really don't eat red meat at all anymore. It's basically chicken, turkey, and seafood. I'll have an occasional burger or steak sandwich every few months, but that's about it.
You too huh? Just curious, any particular reason?

We cut it out due to cost and availability of good quality meat. Then I found I just didn't miss it all that much. Ate a small steak the other night and couldn't believe how rich it tasted. I like red meat being more of a "treat" of sorts.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

coogles wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:40 pm

Agreed, it has been. It may be silly to everyone I know IRL, but I really appreciate this place.
:dat:

I enjoy the fat-chewing that happens here every day.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:44 pm

We cut it out due to cost and availability of good quality meat. Then I found I just didn't miss it all that much. Ate a small steak the other night and couldn't believe how rich it tasted. I like red meat being more of a "treat" of sorts.
I think this is the way given how terrible it is for the environment. We all have our vices and there's nothing wrong with that in moderation. A burger is really my single favorite food. I do find the Impossible and such to be a good substitute, but every once in a while the real thing is really fuckin' good. I don't see ever having my 'last burger' until I'm dead.
Desertbreh

The impossible ground compote completely grosses me out. I would rather just eat a cucumber.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Huckleberry
Drives: 2004 GTO

I mostly cut it out to move to leaner proteins. I really don't miss it.
Last edited by Huckleberry on Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Desertbreh

I'm repeating myself but if you gave me a last meal before they took me to that execution room, it would not be steak and lobster, it would be a sack of Killer Burgers and fries.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:21 pm I'm repeating myself but if you gave me a last meal before they took me to that execution room, it would not be steak and lobster, it would be a sack of Killer Burgers and fries.
I'd probably do a burger and fries with a side of Indian curry. What would you do for beverage?
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:14 pm

I think this is the way given how terrible it is for the environment. We all have our vices and there's nothing wrong with that in moderation. A burger is really my single favorite food. I do find the Impossible and such to be a good substitute, but every once in a while the real thing is really fuckin' good. I don't see ever having my 'last burger' until I'm dead.
Hah, same...burger is absolutely my favorite food. Gotta be real meat too. I'd rather eat them less frequently forever than eat them a ton and stop altogether.

Impossible meat sucks though, I just can't get into it. But I've had a number of great veggie burgers made with black beans and whatnot. Turkey burgers can also be 5/7 when seasoned right
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:21 pm I'm repeating myself but if you gave me a last meal before they took me to that execution room, it would not be steak and lobster, it would be a sack of Killer Burgers and fries.
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:02 pm
I'd probably do a burger and fries with a side of Indian curry. What would you do for beverage?
Root Beer. Dad’s Old Fashioned, or a boutique one in a glass bottle.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Tar wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:09 am

Happy Birthday Broseph, hope it was a great day!

Those would probably be my top choices too! Daym, those are some fine looking burgs dude!

If hit them up with you if I were in town, glad it was a good night!
SAWCE

It’d be cool to organize a DFD meet up one weekend.. pick a relatively central location, get either an Airbnb or block of hotel rooms, and just bro out for a few days.

A couple of my now good IRL friends came into our group that way from an old HondaTech meet up in Vegas.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:29 pm It’d be cool to organize a DFD meet up one weekend.. pick a relatively central location, get either an Airbnb or block of hotel rooms, and just bro out for a few days.

A couple of my now good IRL friends came into our group that way from an old HondaTech meet up in Vegas.
That would be pretty dece. That’s funny that you have friends from Honda Tech, I spent a lot of time on there back in the day. I may have talk to some of them.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

SAWCE wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:29 pm It’d be cool to organize a DFD meet up one weekend.. pick a relatively central location, get either an Airbnb or block of hotel rooms, and just bro out for a few days.

I'm in if we ever do something within 5 hrs of the Buffalo/Detroit border
Desertbreh

SAWCE wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:10 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:02 pm

Root Beer. Dad’s Old Fashioned, or a boutique one in a glass bottle.
I'm an IBC man, but I like your thinking. As I head to the Gallows however, I'm pairing a bottle of Screaming Eagle with my burger just to flip my finger at the world before they snuff my life out.