OT 21: DFD Giveth and DFD Taketh Away

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

wap wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:34 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:22 pm

Oh yeah get that bad boy looked at. I hit the dermatologist two weeks ago. They took a mole off my back to biopsy. Came back negative.
Good to hear. Never been to a dermo. What's it like?
It’s easy. They’ll have you undress, your choice of fully nude or just down to your skivvies, and out on the robe. Then the doc comes in and looks you over one body part at a time. They have a special lens they’ll look through for anything that catches their eye. If they decide to take a sample at all they do a shot or two of a local anesthetic then give that a minute to set in and then they have a nifty little device that just shaved off the mole or whatever they saw and the first few layers of skin underneath it. Slap a bandaid on and send you on your way. Whole thing, even with a sampling, should be less than 15 minutes.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

wap wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:54 pm

Had my physical last week as well. All is well with bloodwork, heart, etc, though he did recommend I see a dermatologist due to a new freckle that popped up earlier this year. :yikes:
Oh yeah get that bad boy looked at. I hit the dermatologist two weeks ago. They took a mole off my back to biopsy. Came back negative.
Glad to hear that shit wasn’t a problem man, hope :wap: ‘s is the same!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I’m pretty tired of traveling but had to be on the road this week. I do love the DC area though. Sorry @TK I was right in Silver Spring last night but didn’t really have much free time. I did get out for a run this AM and enjoyed some fall colors in Rock Creek Park.

wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

SAWCE wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:53 pm
wap wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:34 pm
Good to hear. Never been to a dermo. What's it like?
It’s easy. They’ll have you undress, your choice of fully nude or just down to your skivvies, and out on the robe. Then the doc comes in and looks you over one body part at a time. They have a special lens they’ll look through for anything that catches their eye. If they decide to take a sample at all they do a shot or two of a local anesthetic then give that a minute to set in and then they have a nifty little device that just shaved off the mole or whatever they saw and the first few layers of skin underneath it. Slap a bandaid on and send you on your way. Whole thing, even with a sampling, should be less than 15 minutes.
:notbad:
And no pain? I'm a big :pussy: when it comes to pain, lol.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

D Griff wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:19 pm

Glad to hear that shit wasn’t a problem man, hope :wap: ‘s is the same!
Thanks, :mahman: !
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

wap wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:29 pm

To be fair… pain blows.
wap

D Griff wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:37 pm

To be fair… pain blows.
:dat: :nope:
SAWCE

There’s a minor pinch feeling when they give the injection for the local anesthetic, but if you’re fine with shots then it’s no biggie.
wap

SAWCE wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:07 pm

There’s a minor pinch feeling when they give the injection for the local anesthetic, but if you’re fine with shots then it’s no biggie.
I fucking hate shots, :doe:
SAWCE

wap wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:50 pm

RIP
wap

SAWCE wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:08 am

RIP
:(
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I hate them as well... even after having to give them to myself and my wife, it never really got easier. Her daily ass shots are going to start up again next week :disgust:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

D Griff wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:22 pm I’m pretty tired of traveling but had to be on the road this week. I do love the DC area though. Sorry @TK I was right in Silver Spring last night but didn’t really have much free time. I did get out for a run this AM and enjoyed some fall colors in Rock Creek Park.

:Nice:, im :jelly: my bike is still at my parents house.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:15 am
D Griff wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:22 pm I’m pretty tired of traveling but had to be on the road this week. I do love the DC area though. Sorry @TK I was right in Silver Spring last night but didn’t really have much free time. I did get out for a run this AM and enjoyed some fall colors in Rock Creek Park.

You should pick it up man, Rock Creek Park is like cycling paradise right outside your door. I would kill for something like that in CLT.
golftdibrad1
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

SAWCE wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:30 pm elbow pain and agrees that it’s likely tendinitis, probably golfer’s elbow.
https://www.golfdigest.com/story/fitnes ... mple-steps

brand name:
https://www.amazon.com/TheraBand-Tendon ... to_dp&th=1

rip off:
https://www.amazon.com/Vive-Flexbar-Set ... 95&sr=8-18

I had this issue a few years (5+?) back when i started tying to train pullups before I was ready too or something, shit was annoying and at times hurt bad. Doing the Tyler twist and its reverse CURED IT 100%. 1x10 3x a day, step to stiffer bars when it gets to easy. You will fell it working because it will hurt some, but it trains those muscles to get stronger and heal. Highly recommend this DIY physio solution.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:17 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:15 am

You should pick it up man, Rock Creek Park is like cycling paradise right outside your door. I would kill for something like that in CLT.
Im actually planning that, literally 7 miles and you're at national mall. Probably this Saturday and have :tits: join me.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I was burnt the fuck out last night and had a guest bitching at me for not having room service and restaurant is closed after 9 pm. I told the guest, why don't you go to the restaurant and ask and they'll help you, which he promptly hung up.

I just hope I won't get held up this evening so i can :dock: with griff
SAWCE

golftdibrad1 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:27 am
SAWCE wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:30 pm elbow pain and agrees that it’s likely tendinitis, probably golfer’s elbow.
https://www.golfdigest.com/story/fitnes ... mple-steps

brand name:
https://www.amazon.com/TheraBand-Tendon ... to_dp&th=1

rip off:
https://www.amazon.com/Vive-Flexbar-Set ... 95&sr=8-18

I had this issue a few years (5+?) back when i started tying to train pullups before I was ready too or something, shit was annoying and at times hurt bad. Doing the Tyler twist and its reverse CURED IT 100%. 1x10 3x a day, step to stiffer bars when it gets to easy. You will fell it working because it will hurt some, but it trains those muscles to get stronger and heal. Highly recommend this DIY physio solution.
Thanks dude! I forgot about those twist bars.
Weirdly my elbow started feeling 90% normal yesterday. Minimal pain today. I’ll still grab one to have on hand for if it flares back up. Will skip direct bicep work again on Saturday and hopefully be good to train next week.
wap

D Griff wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:26 am

I hate them as well... even after having to give them to myself and my wife, it never really got easier. Her daily ass shots are going to start up again next week :disgust:
Nothing :hubba: about :dat: . :disgust: , indeed.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Dock sesh with mah :griff: was :fuckyeah: but still got held up by 40 more minutes. It was much needed, now popping some cold one and probably play xbox
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:38 pm Dock sesh with mah :griff: was :fuckyeah: but still got held up by 40 more minutes. It was much needed, now popping some cold one and probably play xbox
:dat: it was a solid little spot! Made me feel both young again and old hanging out in a college place. Also, college kids are so much more sophisticated now, when I was in school we only frequented fast food, house parties, and the occasional dive bars.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 12:27 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:38 pm Dock sesh with mah :griff: was :fuckyeah: but still got held up by 40 more minutes. It was much needed, now popping some cold one and probably play xbox
:dat: it was a solid little spot! Made me feel both young again and old hanging out in a college place. Also, college kids are so much more sophisticated now, when I was in school we only frequented fast food, house parties, and the occasional dive bars.
Next time you come, were going to VA.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 2:52 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 12:27 pm

Next time you come, were going to VA.
:word: I will likely have to spend a night or two in each every trip so I'll plan on that!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

So the entire security/communications division at Bosch (including the audio team I'm close to getting an offer from) is apparently being sold now :lolol:

My guess is the whole thing fizzles out and they wind up ghosting me slowly.
SAWCE

I’ll be in DC area next March as well. 11-13 I believe.