Apex wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:25 pm

They’re mouth breathers.
:disgust:
:hue:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:06 pm I will be heading down to put our 16 year old black lab to sleep this afternoon. Kick ass dog. It is simply time as the back wheels have pretty much given out. Never a good day.
Shit, sorry man :pouroneout:

I love my :doge: , I will be quite sad when that day comes. Feels for sure.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

My WFH life allows me to just dip out for grocery trips in the middle of a weekday and it is usually pretty OK. I did get :triggered: in Aldi last week by these fat redneck fucks; the woman was ornery and speaking to the husband... "I can't breathe in this fucking thing, this is ridiculous" and proceeded to just remove the mask.

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

razr390 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:59 pm
troyguitar wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:14 pm

I guess if we begged/bribed people from the wife's work to do stuff then we might be able to do something occasionally, to the tune of at least $100 an evening because NY prices, but otherwise we both just sit home by ourselves. It's generally fine but sometimes it would be nice to have a social life beyond this forum. This place is normally my only social interaction of any kind.
I 100% never hang out with or go out with people from work. I know some might be able to or maybe you have a good friend, but when I’m at home I don’t like to be reminded of work. I would get invited to a bunch of poker nightA, game nights, etc back in DC and I’d never go.
I have some pretty cool coworkers now and we've been alternating slamming brews at each other's houses every few weeks. One of them has a pool which is pretty dope. They are fun people though and it is kind of enjoyable to vent about the less cool work bitches after a few beers and a lot of lost inhibition.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

D Griff wrote:My WFH life allows me to just dip out for grocery trips in the middle of a weekday and it is usually pretty OK. I did get :triggered: in Aldi last week by these fat redneck fucks; the woman was ornery and speaking to the husband... "I can't breathe in this fucking thing, this is ridiculous" and proceeded to just remove the mask.

Aldi here has curbside pickup via instacart, no need to go inside.

So does Walmart and the regular grocery store. The only place I ever have to go inside is the liquor store.
Last edited by troyguitar on Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Desertbreh

D Griff wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:56 pm My WFH life allows me to just dip out for grocery trips in the middle of a weekday and it is usually pretty OK. I did get :triggered: in Aldi last week by these fat redneck fucks; the woman was ornery and speaking to the husband... "I can't breathe in this fucking thing, this is ridiculous" and proceeded to just remove the mask.

May want to step up your game.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:58 pm
razr390 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:59 pm
I 100% never hang out with or go out with people from work. I know some might be able to or maybe you have a good friend, but when I’m at home I don’t like to be reminded of work. I would get invited to a bunch of poker nightA, game nights, etc back in DC and I’d never go.
I have some pretty cool coworkers now and we've been alternating slamming brews at each other's houses every few weeks. One of them has a pool which is pretty dope. They are fun people though and it is kind of enjoyable to vent about the less cool work bitches after a few beers and a lot of lost inhibition.
I had some awesome coworkers at GM. We had a few outings, and it was fun to vent and chill. I don't have that at my current company, but whatever.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:42 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:06 pm I will be heading down to put our 16 year old black lab to sleep this afternoon. Kick ass dog. It is simply time as the back wheels have pretty much given out. Never a good day.
Shit, sorry man :pouroneout:

I love my :doge: , I will be quite sad when that day comes. Feels for sure.
:dat:

So much dread.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:03 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:56 pm My WFH life allows me to just dip out for grocery trips in the middle of a weekday and it is usually pretty OK. I did get :triggered: in Aldi last week by these fat redneck fucks; the woman was ornery and speaking to the husband... "I can't breathe in this fucking thing, this is ridiculous" and proceeded to just remove the mask.

Aldi is hands down my favorite store. It is small so you get in/out in 20 minutes instead of an hour, it's simple without 20 options for every one thing, there's no :triggered: bags which I hate, it's less than 1/2 the price of Publix and Harris Teeter (local :fancy: stores) and most of the clientele at the one local to me are Spanish speakers who tend to keep to themselves and just mind their own business.

I went to Publix once in the past six months and a fucking jar of peanut butter was $8 :hellno: and it was PACKED with maskless people, like almost everywhere in Charlotte. At least Aldi has far fewer total people in the store. I will defend the Aldi thing, even :scrooge: aside it is just a superior business in my opinion.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

I have some cool coworkers here. One guy isn’t in my department, but our departments interact and we’ve lifted together on weekends. Another dude is a car guy and once all of this is over he wants to take me down to a few spots in Mexico for some food and shit. I had a jam session with my original supervisor and the supervisor of our estimating departments one afternoon back in like September. Was cool.
Desertbreh

D Griff wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:22 pm

Aldi is hands down my favorite store. It is small so you get in/out in 20 minutes instead of an hour, it's simple without 20 options for every one thing, there's no :triggered: bags which I hate, it's less than 1/2 the price of Publix and Harris Teeter (local :fancy: stores) and most of the clientele at the one local to me are Spanish speakers who tend to keep to themselves and just mind their own business.

I went to Publix once in the past six months and a fucking jar of peanut butter was $8 :hellno: and it was PACKED with maskless people, like almost everywhere in Charlotte. At least Aldi has far fewer total people in the store. I will defend the Aldi thing, even :scrooge: aside it is just a superior business in my opinion.
Interesting.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

D Griff wrote:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:03 pm May want to step up your game.

I also like most of the things that we buy at Aldi more than their equivalents at the "good" stores, even without taking price into account. The main things I buy elsewhere are alcohol and deli meats.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:29 pm
D Griff wrote:

I also like most of the things that we buy at Aldi more than their equivalents at the "good" stores, even without taking price into account. The main things I buy elsewhere are alcohol and deli meats.
:dat: :dat: :dat: Aldi store brand stuff is fantastic.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

With you 100% on Aldi. You just described our local one, too. I've seen others that are not as nice but even they have upped their cleanliness and neatness game lately. It's a good, no frills shopping experience.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Detroit wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:31 pm
troyguitar wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:29 pm I also like most of the things that we buy at Aldi more than their equivalents at the "good" stores, even without taking price into account. The main things I buy elsewhere are alcohol and deli meats.
:dat: :dat: :dat: Aldi store brand stuff is fantastic.
:dat:
Desertbreh

Interesting.
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Interesting.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:34 pmInteresting.
:notsure:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Here all Aldis are in the hoods.

The lady behind me at the grocery store today made me think of you Griff. As I was packing out I could see her criticizing the way the poor cashier girl was bagging and requesting double bags with like 3 items max per bag. :wub:
Desertbreh

wap wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:37 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Interesting.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:34 pmInteresting.
Well, that's quite the set of ringing endorsements. I'll have to give it a shot.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:39 pm Here all Aldis are in the hoods.

The lady behind me at the grocery store today made me think of you Griff. As I was packing out I could see her criticizing the way the poor cashier girl was bagging and requesting double bags with like 3 items max per bag. :wub:
THINK OF THE EGGS BRO
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

razr390 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:42 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:39 pm Here all Aldis are in the hoods.

THINK OF THE EGGS BRO
I love it when people bag a single bag of chips. Like bro it’s already in a bag :lolol:
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:42 pm
wap wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:37 pm

Well, that's quite the set of ringing endorsements. I'll have to give it a shot.
:doit:
It ain't fancy, but the products and the :dill: s are 5/7.
wap

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:48 pm

THINK OF THE EGGS BRO
I love it when people bag a single bag of chips. Like bro it’s already in a bag :lolol:
And, why do some people want to put their gallon of milk in a bag? It's already got a HANDLE!
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

THINK OF THE EGGS BRO
#PutHandlesOnChipBags2020
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

THINK OF THE EGGS BRO
:dat: or the fucking milk that even already has a built in handle.... :bruh: