Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

The last 20 posts on this thread had me literally :lolol:

I lost it at the autocross cone cake.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Jaxper
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: MK7 GTI

We did no kids/age requirement at our wedding too and I think some of our parent friends were happy about it. They could just be NFG at the wedding and have a blast while spending an extra ~50 for the babysitter (if a relative couldn't watch them). We invited no one under 18 and it ultimately led to everyone being of drinking age so it was a blast for all.

Speaking of the wedding, we just got our video (finally) and it was awesome!
The panda hath arrived.
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiiiiiiiiiiiiat

Jaxper wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:24 am We did no kids/age requirement at our wedding too and I think some of our parent friends were happy about it. They could just be NFG at the wedding and have a blast while spending an extra ~50 for the babysitter (if a relative couldn't watch them). We invited no one under 18 and it ultimately led to everyone being of drinking age so it was a blast for all.

Speaking of the wedding, we just got our video (finally) and it was awesome!
Share it!
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 pm At the risk of being sucked into your wedding planner decorative vortex, that is kind of cute.
Desertbreh

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:59 am
wap wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:44 pm :notbad:

Dat cone :doe: :disappoint:
Looks like a butt plug. :lolol:
:lolgasm: :lolgasm:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

wap wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:26 pm
Acid666 wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:24 pm

If you knew me, and showed up at my wedding, it wouldn't be a shocker.
Fair enough.
Acid666 is his SN after all
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

We just eloped and used the money our parents gave us on a down payment for our 1st house together.
Desertbreh

KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:24 pm We just eloped and used the money our parents gave us on a down payment for our 1st house together.
Brilliant. How did your parents feel about that?
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:57 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:24 pm We just eloped and used the money our parents gave us on a down payment for our 1st house together.
They knew we had no plans to do a formal wedding. They just gave us a lump sum to match what the other siblings got for their weddings and we could do what we wanted with it.

My mom probably wanted to see me have a normal wedding but I just wasn't going to piss money away on a party.

Everyone knew we we're engaged but we got married in secret in Savannah. We were going to wait a year to tell everyone at a family dinner to mark the one year occasion(silly plan looking back) but she got pregnant while we were in Savannah and we had to spill the beans a few weeks later.

Still one of the best decisions I've made. Hell, putting a down payment on a car would be a better use if the money in my book.
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:03 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:57 pm

They knew we had no plans to do a formal wedding. They just gave us a lump sum to match what the other siblings got for their weddings and we could do what we wanted with it.

My mom probably wanted to see me have a normal wedding but I just wasn't going to piss money away on a party.

Everyone knew we we're engaged but we got married in secret in Savannah. We were going to wait a year to tell everyone at a family dinner to mark the one year occasion(silly plan looking back) but she got pregnant while we were in Savannah and we had to spill the beans a few weeks later.

Still one of the best decisions I've made. Hell, putting a down payment on a car would be a better use if the money in my book
:sass:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 pm At the risk of being sucked into your wedding planner decorative vortex, that is kind of cute.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:23 pm
wap wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:26 pm

Fair enough.
Acid666 is his SN after all
True :dat:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Brilliant
wap

Sno wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:30 pm

Still one of the best decisions I've made. Hell, putting a down payment on a car would be a better use if the money in my book
:lolol:
Desertbreh

You're just a bounty hunter Boba Fett. You cannot defeat this Jedi.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

The industry is doing just fine without my money.
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

First real update of 2018 season!

We have a doubleheader this weekend so I am back at it tomorrow with a bitch that is fucking crazy and I fully anticipate a second quality update but as for yesterday...

Groom was absolutely

positively

undeniably

obviously

gay.

And here's the thing, we do gay weddings. I am liberal, I am happy to do gay weddings all day long. And I should preface this post by saying it actually made me really sad. And she was pretty, and sweet. If he is or if we were all wildly wrong, I hope he finds a way to be himself. But how this happened, or how she didn't know, I have no idea.

Going into this, the entire vendor team all said something to me. The catering and venue vendors pulled me aside with "he's gay, right?" - At one point I was in the restroom last night and heard two girls say "I can't believe they actually got married, I always thought he was gay."

The groom's family is pretty well known in the town we were in, his Dad owns several dealerships. Along with all of the vendors asking If I knew he was gay, they quickly followed it up with "well his family is one of our best customers, they constantly order catering/florals/etc. from us." They also seemed pretty religious. The ceremony was in the church, cash bar (and please believe this family had the money to cover it.) the majority of the guest list was 55+. For the first time ever, I saw an anniversary dance go to 65 years. (Anniversary dances are where they invite all of the married couples out to the floor then count up to the most amount of years. Whoever is left standing with the most years is the ...winner? Yay?)

So I think this was a case of being severely worried he would disappoint his father and impressions/reputation to keep up.

At one point, I asked who had the final payment for the band. The groom told me the best man did and to check with him but make sure he had it because he wasn't very bright. And followed that up with "I chose him for looks, not brains.."

Huh. Alright then.

Either way, they're married now. So :iono:

Stay tuned, tomorrow is going to be a doozey. Also, in case any of you remember from way earlier in this thread - the bride that puked in her first initial meeting with me? Got the email that her wedding has been canceled today.
Last edited by Sno on Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

[user not found] wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:35 pm
Sno wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:03 pm First real update of 2018 season!

We have a doubleheader this weekend so I am back at it tomorrow with a bitch that is fucking crazy and I fully anticipate a second quality update but as for yesterday...

Groom was absolutely

positively

undeniably

obviously

gay.

And here's the thing, we do gay weddings. I am liberal, I am happy to do gay weddings all day long. And I should preface this post by saying it actually made me really sad. And she was pretty, and sweet. If he is or if we were all wildly wrong, I hope he finds a way to be himself. But how this happened, or how she didn't know, I have no idea.

Going into this, the entire vendor team all said something to me. The catering and venue vendors pulled me aside with "he's gay, right?" - At one point I was in the restroom last night and heard two girls say "I can't believe they actually got married, I always thought it was gay."

The groom's family is pretty well known in the town we were in, his Dad owns several dealerships. Along with all of the vendors asking If I knew he was gay, they quickly followed it up with "well his family is one of our best customers, they constantly order catering/florals/etc. from us." They also seemed pretty religious. The ceremony was in the church, cash bar (and please believe this family had the money to cover it.) the majority of the guest list was 55+. For the first time ever, I saw an anniversary dance go to 65 years. (Anniversary dances are where they invite all of the married couples out to the floor then count up to the most amount of years. Whoever is left standing with the most years is the ...winner? Yay?)

So I think this was a case of being severely worried he would disappoint his father and impressions/reputation to keep up.

At one point, I asked who had the final payment for the band. The groom told me the best man did and to check with him but make sure he had it because he wasn't very bright. And followed that up with "I chose him for looks, not brains.."

Huh. Alright then.

Stay tuned, tomorrow is going to be a doozey. Also, in case any of you remember from way earlier in this thread - the bride that puked in her first initial meeting with me? Got the email that her wedding has been canceled today.
I find this extremely interesting because my cousin married a guy we are all SURE is gay. He's from a VERY conservative family and we thought through our whole childhood that she would be a nun so I don't think the physical connection is important to her. Her SISTER even calls him "the gayest straight guy on Earth."

Shocker on the second... Seems like you're dodging a bullet there.
and they’re still married?
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

[user not found] wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:02 pm
Sno wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:54 pm

and they’re still married?
With two kids. As her sister says "anyone can do anything twice." Either he's not gay (doubtful) or they have a nice 'partnership.' If that word makes sense.
Some people just need companionship. :iono:
wap

Sno wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:03 pm First real update of 2018 season!

Groom was absolutely

positively

undeniably

obviously

gay.

Going into this, the entire vendor team all said something to me. The catering and venue vendors pulled me aside with "he's gay, right?" - At one point I was in the restroom last night and heard two girls say "I can't believe they actually got married, I always thought he was gay."

Huh. Alright then.

That's really kinda :( that the dude can't just live his life as his true self. I have 2 friends whose moms are :gay: . They had to go through several years of marriage and living a lie before finally having the courage to be themselves, but in both instances it took divorce, after raising kids, to do so.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Who cares, it's their lives. They can do what they want. Maybe he's not gay just really flamboyant? I know a few people like this. Also the "I picked him for his looks" is totally something one of my friends would say.
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Thread does not disappoint. HAH!

Ironically, we started watching some netflix shit called the Staircase or something. Some Peterson guy who's a writer who got convicted of murdering his wife who had a bisexual life with menz on the side.
FABULOUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!
Acid666
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:10 am
Acid666 wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:39 am Thread does not disappoint. HAH!

Ironically, we started watching some netflix shit called the Staircase or something. Some Peterson guy who's a writer who got convicted of murdering his wife who had a bisexual life with menz on the side.
FABULOUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!
No spoilers! Just started last night.
hah. I think we're 4 episodes in. My wife just picks this shit, probably from what she reads on Reddit. Then she falls asleep and I end up with the tv blasting and can't sleep because I'm stuck waiting for it to end. And then she goes back 2 episodes the next night and I have to rewatch it all. Seems good so far.
razr390

Acid666 wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:39 am
[user not found] wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:10 am

No spoilers! Just started last night.
hah. I think we're 4 episodes in. My wife just picks this shit, probably from what she reads on Reddit. Then she falls asleep and I end up with the tv blasting and can't sleep because I'm stuck waiting for it to end. And then she goes back 2 episodes the next night and I have to rewatch it all. Seems good so far.
This sounds like my girlfriend.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap

razr390 wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:53 am
Acid666 wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:39 am

This sounds like my most :tits: .
:dat:
razr390

wap wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:22 pm
razr390 wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:53 am

This sounds like my most :tits: .
So it’s normal. :fshitup:
wap

razr390 wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:18 pm
wap wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:22 pm

So it’s normal. :fshitup:
Yup. :rolleyes: