2021 :plac: life!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Curious about that C-pillar too, I like this car a lot
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Nice!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

HerrBerlin wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:27 pm The deed is done. Picked up my Mazda3 turbo this past weekend.

Got $41k for the Hype R and paid MSRP for the Mazda3 so I'm happy with the outcome given the current market.

Initial impressions on the Mazda3 are positive. Interior is incredible, rides really well, decently powerful, and it's QUIET compared to any other car I've had which I'm really enjoying. I'll miss the Hype R, but this is without a doubt a better fit for my current situation.

If anyone wants my old car and feels the need to spend $53k on a used Civic, here it is: https://www.southtacomahonda.com/used-T ... 74MU202822 :lol:
Hot AF, glad you're enjoying it!
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
HerrBerlin
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: occasionally

Thanks, all! I'll try and grab some more pics this weekend.

The c-pillar really is :fatty: but I love the way the car looks overall, and it doesn't impact visibility as much as I thought it would. Certainty worse than the Civic, but seems to be on par with my old mk7.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

HerrBerlin wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:02 pm Thanks, all! I'll try and grab some more pics this weekend.

The c-pillar really is :fatty: but I love the way the car looks overall, and it doesn't impact visibility as much as I thought it would. Certainty worse than the Civic, but seems to be on par with my old mk7.
That's all that counts!
:notbad:
Agreed, it's a nice looking car.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

That is indeed a great looking machine, congrats man!

I do want the Hype R but not that much :lolol:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Curious what was the msrp on the 3 ? And what sort of features does it have ?
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: '23 Lightning + '23 BRZ

No red interior?!
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

HerrBerlin wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:27 pm The deed is done. Picked up my Mazda3 turbo this past weekend.

Got $41k for the Hype R and paid MSRP for the Mazda3 so I'm happy with the outcome given the current market.

Initial impressions on the Mazda3 are positive. Interior is incredible, rides really well, decently powerful, and it's QUIET compared to any other car I've had which I'm really enjoying. I'll miss the Hype R, but this is without a doubt a better fit for my current situation.

If anyone wants my old car and feels the need to spend $53k on a used Civic, here it is: https://www.southtacomahonda.com/used-T ... 74MU202822 :lol:
Offering any deals on your vape gear or flatbrim hats?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh

In all seriousness that thing looks pretty nice.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
HerrBerlin
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

max225 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:58 pm Curious what was the msrp on the 3 ? And what sort of features does it have ?
$32,045.

I think it's pretty well equipped for the price/segment. HUD, heated seats/steering wheel, Bose audio (sounds surprisingly good), dual zone climate, etc. Only things I can really think of that are missing are 360 cameras, auto-dimming side mirrors, and cooled seats. The first two are included in the top trim but cooled seats aren't available at all.
HerrBerlin
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

MrH42 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:14 pm No red interior?!
No red interior. :(

It's only available in the top trim for the turbo and there's basically no inventory. I also don't think the $3k jump in price was worth it for what you get.
HerrBerlin
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

And thanks, all! I'm really enjoying it.
max225

HerrBerlin wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:39 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:58 pm Curious what was the msrp on the 3 ? And what sort of features does it have ?
$32,045.

I think it's pretty well equipped for the price/segment. HUD, heated seats/steering wheel, Bose audio (sounds surprisingly good), dual zone climate, etc. Only things I can really think of that are missing are 360 cameras, auto-dimming side mirrors, and cooled seats. The first two are included in the top trim but cooled seats aren't available at all.
Oh it’s the non premium trim ?! and what sort of trans is in it?

I do really like way they look.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:16 pm

$32,045.

Oh it’s the non premium trim ?! and what sort of trans is in it?

I do really like way they look.
They’re a traditional auto.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

$32,045.

Are cooled seats not available in the hatch? IIRC when this gen came out the sedan could be had with them in top trim
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

little late, i need my crapcord to be listed
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Man, this Carvana/Vroom thing doesn't exist (yet) in Canada. And while I would have loved to off my almost 5 yr old R for 32k, there just isn't quite the desire without the option of posting a few pics of the car on my driveway and having a flatbed pick it up 7 to 30 days from now. We are seeing a spike in used car prices here, but it isn't the same as what y'all describe south of teh border.

I am probably in the 25k valuation, and while it's tempting to want to :plac: , it's too close to call for my sitch to be economically beneficial. I suppose in four or five years my car will likely only be worth around 10k, so throwing away $3k/yr on an old car still stings.

I'm conflicted about even bothering, because I like the car, and it's in really good mechanical condition. Brakes, tires, fluids, and track record all point towards keeping the car and running it into the ground.

Saying all that, there is another angle which has the gears turning :doe: , I'm reading somewhere that the CDN gov is supporting a 100% write off of any vehicle purchased which is a plug-in hybrid or full EV thing... I may need to look into a Rage Prime for the double benefit of joyful client approvals, as well as fuel economy and the practicality of extra space for my shit. If time allows, I'm going to have a discussion with my Local Toyota :dillerman:
max225

Tarspin wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:22 am Man, this Carvana/Vroom thing doesn't exist (yet) in Canada. And while I would have loved to off my almost 5 yr old R for 32k, there just isn't quite the desire without the option of posting a few pics of the car on my driveway and having a flatbed pick it up 7 to 30 days from now. We are seeing a spike in used car prices here, but it isn't the same as what y'all describe south of teh border.

I am probably in the 25k valuation, and while it's tempting to want to :plac: , it's too close to call for my sitch to be economically beneficial. I suppose in four or five years my car will likely only be worth around 10k, so throwing away $3k/yr on an old car still stings.

I'm conflicted about even bothering, because I like the car, and it's in really good mechanical condition. Brakes, tires, fluids, and track record all point towards keeping the car and running it into the ground.

Saying all that, there is another angle which has the gears turning :doe: , I'm reading somewhere that the CDN gov is supporting a 100% write off of any vehicle purchased which is a plug-in hybrid or full EV thing... I may need to look into a Rage Prime for the double benefit of joyful client approvals, as well as fuel economy and the practicality of extra space for my shit. If time allows, I'm going to have a discussion with my Local Toyota :dillerman:
These things are not available for normal purchase. Demand is outstripping supply 5:1…. So prepare to pay a markup of sorts
ChrisoftheNorth

Tarspin wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:22 am Man, this Carvana/Vroom thing doesn't exist (yet) in Canada. And while I would have loved to off my almost 5 yr old R for 32k, there just isn't quite the desire without the option of posting a few pics of the car on my driveway and having a flatbed pick it up 7 to 30 days from now. We are seeing a spike in used car prices here, but it isn't the same as what y'all describe south of teh border.

I think it would be hard to get rid of a car you know and like for something else you might not like as much just because it'll make you a bit more money.

The only reason to make moves right now is if you actually want out of whatever you have.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:48 am

These things are not available for normal purchase. Demand is outstripping supply 5:1…. So prepare to pay a markup of sorts
Yep. You might be getting more for your current vehicle, but MSRP is a "good" deal right now if you can even find a vehicle. In normal times, MSRP is a "rip off" so you're overpaying by at least a few $k there. Which is why I ONLY consider vehicles with traditionally high resale so I don't completely lose my ass in the future.

Cucktrek to 4R should end up pretty :notbad: +$5k on the cucktrek and 4R's were never really discounted much ever.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Not sure any are available, that's definitely something I need to consider.

They are expensive right out of the turn gates, but I have connects that will get me dealer cost + 5% on Toyota things; maybe some models are excluded, so I have to do more homework on the subject. List on a Prime (lower trim) is 44k, a $5k gov discount gets it to 39 plus rape fees which bring it back to 42 plus 13% tax. If I can get it at :dillerman: discount I'm probably 40k plus... or 45k OTD, which is still a whopping 20k above what I have on my driveway. It will carry that extra cost as residual value for the next four years (always be worth 20k more then the R), so that's not too big of a deal. I just don't know if there's any point in doing all that unless there's an actual savings sitting in my lap.

Maintenance on the R is up to date with no pending :doom: in sight, and I have extended warr for another 40k... Fueling it up is probably double the cost of a Prime, so I'm probably taking about eliminating two fills at $85/each per month. The only tangible benefit may be on the business side, if the EV thing is really a 100% write off. Not sure how that works yet, but I suspect there's a catch.

You can see how a hyper bloated Carvana/Vroom buying solution really changes the game... If anything severe happens to that business model there could be a significant fall out in the used/new car market for a while. The whole thing makes me really wonder where these companies will be when production of new cars ramps up to 100% in the next few months.
max225

Tarspin wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:04 am

They are expensive right out of the turn gates, but I have connects that will get me dealer cost + 5% on Toyota things; maybe some models are excluded, so I have to do more homework on the subject. List on a Prime (lower trim) is 44k, a $5k gov discount gets it to 39 plus rape fees which bring it back to 42 plus 13% tax. If I can get it at :dillerman: discount I'm probably 40k plus... or 45k OTD, which is still a whopping 20k above what I have on my driveway. It will carry that extra cost as residual value for the next four years (always be worth 20k more then the R), so that's not too big of a deal. I just don't know if there's any point in doing all that unless there's an actual savings sitting in my lap.

Maintenance on the R is up to date with no pending :doom: in sight, and I have extended warr for another 40k... Fueling it up is probably double the cost of a Prime, so I'm probably taking about eliminating two fills at $85/each per month. The only tangible benefit may be on the business side, if the EV thing is really a 100% write off. Not sure how that works yet, but I suspect there's a catch.

You can see how a hyper bloated Carvana/Vroom buying solution really changes the game... If anything severe happens to that business model there could be a significant fall out in the used/new car market for a while. The whole thing makes me really wonder where these companies will be when production of new cars ramps up to 100% in the next few months.
Not to sound like a Debbie downer, but I think you should check in with your contacts. The PRIMEs are the most desirable Toyotas outside of TRD pros, and as they are far more mass market; the mismatch between what you can get and for how much is quite great.

I haven't heard any "at cost" or close to "at cost" deals for almost 12 months now. Perhaps Canada is different but out here this is absolutely unheard of.
ChrisoftheNorth

This Carvana thing will not end well. Take my current case for example, they're offering $5k more than any other service or my local dealer can on the Cucktrek. The offer is so high that I suspect it's an error, but I've had 2 now both within a grand of each other.

That's not at all sustainable, and if they're doing this on a wide scale, when values drop they could be left holding a really hefty bag of underwater vehicles. They're ruining the market with this practice, and I just don't see how it's going to end up ok. I wouldn't be surprised if an OEM or an EV startup or something buys all the vending machine properties for direct distribution after the fall-out.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:09 am

Not to sound like a Debbie downer, but I think you should check in with your contacts. The PRIMEs are the most desirable Toyotas outside of TRD pros, and as they are far more mass market; the mismatch between what you can get and for how much is quite great.

I haven't heard any "at cost" or close to "at cost" deals for almost 12 months now. Perhaps Canada is different but out here this is absolutely unheard of.
OEM employee and family discounts still exist for the americans. Toyota and the other probably follow suit, the question is how much flexibility employees have now with sharing their discounts. Stellanus and GM would limit sharing in times of high demand.