Gberg's GoRf Thread

Strut your greasy stuff!
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

So, last night I decided to send in a "get my E-price" on the Golf R in Sunnyvale that was listed as "Contact us".

Here is the response:
Thanks for your request​ on the Volkswagen Golf R from Sunnyvale Volkswagen. At our dealership, our customers are #1.

I look forward to working with you. Here you go!

Desired make: Volkswagen
Desired model: Golf R
Desired Year: 2017
Desired Stock: 28481
Desired Vin: WVWWF7AU3HW130186
Desired Style: 4-Door Manual w/DCC/Nav

I have put together the E-Price for the above vehicle.​

MSRP / List Price:$39,300

Your Sunnyvale Volkswagen​ E-Price:$39,300​ *(this price already includes the destination charge and installed options).

If the above vehicle is incorrect or your mind has changed, please email or call me asap so I may give you another price. Thanks!
Our area lags behind, again.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

CorvetteWaxer wrote:So, last night I decided to send in a "get my E-price" on the Golf R in Sunnyvale that was listed as "Contact us".

Here is the response:
Thanks for your request​ on the Volkswagen Golf R from Sunnyvale Volkswagen. At our dealership, our customers are #1.

Your Sunnyvale Volkswagen​ E-Price:$39,300​ *(this price already includes the destination charge and installed options).

If the above vehicle is incorrect or your mind has changed, please email or call me asap so I may give you another price. Thanks!
What's wrong with that? They're still msrp everywhere except for those few dealers in VA, MD, and DC. If anything I thought California was still marking them up.

And a quick side note about the DCC. It actually makes a difference. I drove down to northeast philly today to sell the DV+ and the roads were shit so I switched to comfort. Even with the 19's the change was noticeable.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:22 pm What's wrong with that? They're still msrp everywhere except for those few dealers in VA, MD, and DC. If anything I thought California was still marking them up.

And a quick side note about the DCC. It actually makes a difference. I drove down to northeast philly today to sell the DV+ and the roads were shit so I switched to comfort. Even with the 19's the change was noticeable.
Well, I don't think I've ever paid MSRP over the last nearly 30 years of buying new cars. When they advertise the "e-price" discount and it's MSRP, I have to laugh.

My 2013 R was MSRP of $37,155 and people were paying MSRP at the time, but I got it for $33,400.

Yes, DCC should work... I believe it is the GM system that we're used to that has been licensed to just about everyone, including Audi. Night and day on with the latest version on the C7's, which is likely the same on the new Audi/VW/etc. In the softer modes the C7 rides like a Caddy, even with the crazy stiff spring rates in the Z07.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:00 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:22 pm What's wrong with that? They're still msrp everywhere except for those few dealers in VA, MD, and DC. If anything I thought California was still marking them up.

Well, I don't think I've ever paid MSRP over the last nearly 30 years of buying new cars. When they advertise the "e-price" discount and it's MSRP, I have to laugh.

My 2013 R was MSRP of $37,155 and people were paying MSRP at the time, but I got it for $33,400.

Yes, DCC should work... I believe it is the GM system that we're used to that has been licensed to just about everyone, including Audi. Night and day on with the latest version on the C7's, which is likely the same on the new Audi/VW/etc. In the softer modes the C7 rides like a Caddy, even with the crazy stiff spring rates in the Z07.
Ah. Yeah I don't know then. Of course there are going to be some outliers on the forums saying they paid invoice or below for their R's but just about everyone seems to paying MSRP. When I initially went to my VW :dillerman: to see if they'd match or play ball, they told me to have a nice drive down to VA. They were hardline MSRP.
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 Mazda 6

Car looks awesome. Interested in more reviews
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Who is the warranty through ? VW?
max225

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:30 pm So, last night I decided to send in a "get my E-price" on the Golf R in Sunnyvale that was listed as "Contact us".

Here is the response:

That's where I got my tdi ... interesting
Apex
Drives: Abominable

I was reading up on the new GTI's a bit over the weekend. Dem egg's seems like :notbad: rides if things stay together.
220hp with something resembling a real diff and semi-waxables? :notbad:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

maxtdi wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:29 am
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:30 pm So, last night I decided to send in a "get my E-price" on the Golf R in Sunnyvale that was listed as "Contact us".

Here is the response:

That's where I got my tdi ... interesting
I got my GTI there, but the guy that was running the deals left and went to Capitol.
max225

BTW what are the deets on the infotainment system. Apple car play standard etc?
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

maxtdi wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:17 pm BTW what are the deets on the infotainment system. Apple car play standard etc?
The extended warranty is through a third party. They insist it's not an issue and that they do all the work. I would just come in like a regular service visit. The wheel and tire coverage is through VW for 6 years as well.

The infotainment system is pretty nice. It provides a lot of the same info and more that the Mk6 ones did but in a much cleaner UI. They even added an oil temp display. The Fender stereo also sounds good to me but I'm not an audiophile. Car play and android auto are standard.
max225

Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:53 pm
maxtdi wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:17 pm BTW what are the deets on the infotainment system. Apple car play standard etc?
The extended warranty is through a third party. They insist it's not an issue and that they do all the work. I would just come in like a regular service visit. The wheel and tire coverage is through VW for 6 years as well.

The infotainment system is pretty nice. It provides a lot of the same info and more that the Mk6 ones did but in a much cleaner UI. They even added an oil temp display. The Fender stereo also sounds good to me but I'm not an audiophile. Car play and android auto are standard.
hmmm 3rd party eh? I think as long as you're close to the selling dealer you're ok.

Wheel and tire coverage? dang you checked every "add on" box eh?
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

maxtdi wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:57 pm

hmmm 3rd party eh? I think as long as you're close to the selling dealer you're ok.

:dillerman: children got fed on Saturday!
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:58 pm

They still lost money on the car doe :(
ChrisoftheNorth

I would :nope: out of a 3rd party warranty, personally. But I guess as long as you don't move, it's aite.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

maxtdi wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:58 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:58 pm
Made money on the :dill: :doe: that's all that matters.
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:59 pm
maxtdi wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:58 pm

They never make money bruh. Selling cars is a losing proposition, haven't you talked to any :dillerman: ?
ChrisoftheNorth

maxtdi wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:00 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:59 pm
They never make money bruh. Selling cars is a losing proposition, haven't you talked to any :dillerman: ?
Oh shit, right. Sorry.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Not every box! I passed on the VW care maintenance one. And the the third party warranty can be used at any VW dillership.

The Pretoria's are $600+ for a replacement and on my GTI I got 4 or 5 tires replaced through the coverage. I was hesitant about it for sure but it's peace of mind.
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

Great car man! Exactly how I'd order one! You will have fun with this thing!
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

It's already been said, but beautiful car! Enjoy it!
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Third party warranty ain't so bad when bought from the :dillerman: just make sure maintenance is done at the :dillerman: so if you hve any issues they can't use any argument against you.

The most common issue with those types of warranties is that claims get denied because they can't prove you changed your oil on a timely manner etc etc etc. create a paper trail and keep it.

That's how I was able to get about $2500 worth of shit fixed on my car for $140 (which was only the carbon cleaning) :lolol:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:25 pm Third party warranty ain't so bad when bought from the :dillerman: just make sure maintenance is done at the :dillerman: so if you hve any issues they can't use any argument against you.

The most common issue with those types of warranties is that claims get denied because they can't prove you changed your oil on a timely manner etc etc etc. create a paper trail and keep it.

That's how I was able to get about $2500 worth of shit fixed on my car for $140 (which was only the carbon cleaning) :lolol:
I'm not too worried about it. I've been going to that diller for years and if I have to it can be used at any VW dillership.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Let the "mods" begin. Black R license plate frame, black R keychain, and USB-C cable ordered. I'll see if the :dillerman: can open the armrest for me when I go back Saturday for them to fix the window. If not I'll open it myself.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:51 pm Let the "mods" begin. Black R license plate frame, black R keychain, and USB-C cable ordered. I'll see if the :dillerman: can open the armrest for me when I go back Saturday for them to fix the window. If not I'll open it myself.
:wat: is the deal with the non-opening arm rest?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.