IX-Lemon Life.

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

max225 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:49 pm
golftdibrad1 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:08 pm

does it do sweet jumps?
No... and it's still cared for as if it was my own car. I am occasionally thinking about seeing if I can buy back the buy back .... that would be an interesting :fullretard: move... but It can't possibly go for much money.
I don't think you can. And even if you could, why would you want an EV with a buyback/lemon title? This issue was just the tweeter being unplugged but who knows what else you may face down the road. That's a big :nope:

My :gorf: :lemon: went straight to manheim auctions.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:59 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:49 pm

No... and it's still cared for as if it was my own car. I am occasionally thinking about seeing if I can buy back the buy back .... that would be an interesting :fullretard: move... but It can't possibly go for much money.
I don't think you can. And even if you could, why would you want an EV with a buyback/lemon title? This issue was just the tweeter being unplugged but who knows what else you may face down the road. That's a big :nope:

My :gorf: :lemon: went straight to manheim auctions.
I’d be shocked if it fetches over 50k anywhere … :mindblown: it was 96k msrp in july
max225

Update:
11.7 is when I got in touch with the 3rd party that is issuing the check and arranging car drop off.
Messaged them yesterday as its been a week ... and they said about 3 weeks until drop off... so just in time for black friday it seems.

What a whirlwind of a car ownershit experience since 7.31. Car will likely be turn in around 11.28... so just about 4 months... 2 of which it spent in the shop.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

max225 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:58 pm Update:
11.7 is when I got in touch with the 3rd party that is issuing the check and arranging car drop off.
Messaged them yesterday as its been a week ... and they said about 3 weeks until drop off... so just in time for black friday it seems.

What a whirlwind of a car ownershit experience since 7.31. Car will likely be turn in around 11.28... so just about 4 months... 2 of which it spent in the shop.
You're going to beat the M3 by about a week. We'll see if they can stick to that schedule.
max225

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:07 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:58 pm Update:

You're going to beat the M3 by about a week. We'll see if they can stick to that schedule.
Yea I have little incentive to accelerate the process as I really like the car and it's "free". But 11.30 another payment will go to BMW.... so I would think they would try and get it wrapped up before then. But I don't see how anyone gives a F... these 3rd parties are so far removed from BMW so everything is taking forever.

The settlement amount doesn't currently include the current month (november) that I already paid for... that will have to be added but they are aware of it ... another month (december) will surely complicate shit further and I am trying to avoid that.
max225

I figured I'd post updates just for the sake of updates and keep a log for myself.
On 11/7 process was transferred to the 3rd party. They have not assigned a turn in date, but they did mention the dealer would be the one where the car got it's ultimate service.
No other communication since other than as of last week they told me it would 2-3 weeks as of the 11.7 date. So far crickets.

With regards to the car. It now has 1800 miles, and it had 0 issues since. Actually I have no put more miles on the IX officially than the I4. The I4 deal is falling through with my friends so it looks like it will likely stay for the duration of the lease. Anti :plac: activities.
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:00 pm So just to add a quick update here.
I have now crossed 1000 miles in the IX. (1100 to be exact). I do think this is a great vehicle and if it wasn't for the fact that I probably jumped the gun with the I4... I would have preferred to have the IX as the family car.
+ It is really fast... I clocked it at 4.5 0-60
+ The battery is massive and the car easily goes 300 miles between charges... I only charge once a week or so
+ The car is quite comfortable for the passengers, it is also incredibly quiet
+ HK stereo is excellent
+ Idrive 8.5 is pretty decent
+ Self driving is best in BIZ IMO... car also parks itself and can be remotely moved via phone.
+ Convenience features are all super nice (4 zone climate, strong ac, remote ac, memory everything tied to phone or key etc)

+- The styling grew on me.... it is distinctive enough and I don't see these every day in every lot 10x over ... unlike Tesla.

- The trunk is too small for a car this size. With a folded stroller and my go box there is no space for shit.
- The ride quality on the springs is rougher than the air suspension... I do notice a diff. The car can be bouncy over bad pavement (ironically the I4 has standard air)
- Obviously service is garbage and repair costs are astronomical (should the roof break it is 18k for ex). This car is impossible to be owned out of warranty. Only a lunatic would.

Overall I would certainly buy this car again if given the choice.
I just rode back from LAX in the back of Model Y.........Blacklane. The trunk/boot was full of luggage. The back seat was too hard and short. And the ride was complete shit..........like economy car shit. 0/7 cannot recommend. I would assume a better situation in the IX
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh

max225 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:34 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:28 pm What stroller you guys using? We went to a compact “overhead storage” sized solution because of the same issue - there was no trunk room in the Cmax if that thing was in there.
https://silvercrossus.com/product/silve ... -stroller/ I think it's this one.... Woman got it on some epic sale before she popped. I honestly hate most "kid" shit it seems to be designed quite poorly without vehicles in mind.
Or the the rest of society. Nothing is more ridiculous than some couple with an off-road stroller packed with enough food, water and diapers for a Hamas tunnel kidnapping in a restaurant not designed for it (which is most errwhere) banging the fuck out of everything. We ran an even tighter package than your listed one that really folded nicely. It's a better way. Now with two or three simultaneous CF, I will advance more leeway.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh

D Griff wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:00 am
max225 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:34 pm

https://silvercrossus.com/product/silve ... -stroller/ I think it's this one.... Woman got it on some epic sale before she popped. I honestly hate most "kid" shit it seems to be designed quite poorly without vehicles in mind.
If the kid thing ever happens this is one thing I dread... we have a small house, small cars, and I really have no interest in the bloated 'murican way of living in a 4K sq. ft. suburban box in the middle of a fucking field miles from anything and yet on a .15 acre lot with an F150 long boi and some huge SUVs as vehicles of choice. It really feels like all of the modern 'requirements' for a kid are very much built with that in mind.

What about (the majority) of people who live in cities? Also, the amount of plastic kid shit in land fills I'm sure is astonishingly high.

Anyway, glad you're enjoying the free car now.
It's possible to do it right. You have to focus on European goods.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:02 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:00 pm So just to add a quick update here.
I have now crossed 1000 miles in the IX. (1100 to be exact). I do think this is a great vehicle and if it wasn't for the fact that I probably jumped the gun with the I4... I would have preferred to have the IX as the family car.
+ It is really fast... I clocked it at 4.5 0-60
+ The battery is massive and the car easily goes 300 miles between charges... I only charge once a week or so
+ The car is quite comfortable for the passengers, it is also incredibly quiet
+ HK stereo is excellent
+ Idrive 8.5 is pretty decent
+ Self driving is best in BIZ IMO... car also parks itself and can be remotely moved via phone.
+ Convenience features are all super nice (4 zone climate, strong ac, remote ac, memory everything tied to phone or key etc)

+- The styling grew on me.... it is distinctive enough and I don't see these every day in every lot 10x over ... unlike Tesla.

- The trunk is too small for a car this size. With a folded stroller and my go box there is no space for shit.
- The ride quality on the springs is rougher than the air suspension... I do notice a diff. The car can be bouncy over bad pavement (ironically the I4 has standard air)
- Obviously service is garbage and repair costs are astronomical (should the roof break it is 18k for ex). This car is impossible to be owned out of warranty. Only a lunatic would.

Overall I would certainly buy this car again if given the choice.
I just rode back from LAX in the back of Model Y.........Blacklane. The trunk/boot was full of luggage. The back seat was too hard and short. And the ride was complete shit..........like economy car shit. 0/7 cannot recommend. I would assume a better situation in the IX
Completely different class of vehicle IMO. Even my I4 is vastly superior to the lower end teslas. I prefer the BMW suspension and driving dynamics to the model S and X, which are preferable to the 3 and Y (which are basically the same).

Not that you would know (because all rook same), but I heard about bad ride quality in 2020>2021 model Ys, it would be exacerbated if it ran on 21" pizza cutters. They have since addressed it... and when I drove a 23 model on Pizza cutters it really didn't seem bad to be honest. But I didn't like most other things about the car... like the LACK OF A FUCKING DASH BOARD.
Desertbreh

max225 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:26 pm

Completely different class of vehicle IMO. Even my I4 is vastly superior to the lower end teslas. I prefer the BMW suspension and driving dynamics to the model S and X, which are preferable to the 3 and Y (which are basically the same).

Not that you would know (because all rook same), but I heard about bad ride quality in 2020>2021 model Ys, it would be exacerbated if it ran on 21" pizza cutters. They have since addressed it... and when I drove a 23 model on Pizza cutters it really didn't seem bad to be honest. But I didn't like most other things about the car... like the LACK OF A FUCKING DASH BOARD.
We went to LAX in a new Suburban. Same cost. The Sub was like being an Arab Sheik. The Model Y was full on immigrant transport. It had 20 inch ramz.
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: '23 Lightning + '23 BRZ

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:35 pm

We went to LAX in a new Suburban. Same cost. The Sub was like being an Arab Sheik. The Model Y was full on immigrant transport. It had 20 inch ramz.
:lolol:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

:dat: Model Y/3 ride like economy cars because the ARE economy cars. A new Suburban is 2-3X the cost. Tessies are literally the Corolla of 1998 for this era.
Desertbreh

D Griff wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:46 pm

:dat: Model Y/3 ride like economy cars because the ARE economy cars. A new Suburban is 2-3X the cost. Tessies are literally the Corolla of 1998 for this era.
Well. A model Y with any options will set you back like 50 grand. They should NOT be a Blacklane car, which basically starts with the premises of new E Class or better. I think a lot of people get away with "status" murder by driving the Y.................which most people cannot distinguish from the X. Realtors out here like the Y. Etc. First time in one except for a short cab ride. I am out dawg. Every vehicle I own, including a 20 year old Tahoe, would have put me to sleep last night. Not this piece of shit.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:05 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:46 pm

Well. A model Y with any options will set you back like 50 grand. They should NOT be a Blacklane car, which basically starts with the premises of new E Class or better. I think a lot of people get away with "status" murder by driving the Y.................which most people cannot distinguish from the X. Realtors out here like the Y. Etc. First time in one except for a short cab ride. I am out dawg. Every vehicle I own, including a 20 year old Tahoe, would have put me to sleep last night. Not this piece of shit.
Opening the doors immediately shows a diff. They are quite different Imo. But yeah I suppose to the untrained eye all look same
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

It's really the same discussion we've had about GoRfs and Type-S integras etc. the base vehicle is engineered to a $30k ish price point so regardless of how expensive FSD, extra performance, or extra may add to the msrp of the vehicle it's still going to have tendencies of that $30k starting price point.
Desertbreh

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:27 pm It's really the same discussion we've had about GoRfs and Type-S integras etc. the base vehicle is engineered to a $30k ish price point so regardless of how expensive FSD, extra performance, or extra may add to the msrp of the vehicle it's still going to have tendencies of that $30k starting price point.
Naw dog. A Gorf and a Type-S Integra is a nice place to be. The Model Y was pile. It's expensive because it's electric. The rest of it is a disgrace. And Max has owned and driven and sees these Teslas all day. I'm a car geek and I still have to look for the gull wing doors to distinguish X and Y.
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: '23 Lightning + '23 BRZ

Some of the shit Tesla pulls on the regular would make a Toyota Yaris blush
Desertbreh

MrH42 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 6:59 pm Some of the shit Tesla pulls on the regular would make a Toyota Yaris blush
https://www.caranddriver.com/features/a ... ring-2023/

Speaking of that this is the link to a C&D article discussing the special assembly line for GR Yari and GR Rollas, and all the rest of the manufacturing differences between them and their lesser brethren. It makes the GRolla more appealing.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:09 pm
MrH42 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 6:59 pm Some of the shit Tesla pulls on the regular would make a Toyota Yaris blush

Speaking of that this is the link to a C&D article discussing the special assembly line for GR Yari and GR Rollas, and all the rest of the manufacturing differences between them and their lesser brethren. It makes the GRolla more appealing.
Still "boring" to drive compared to it's main rivals according to the geese boys

wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Just read that the other day (yes, I still get a paper magazine delivered to my :haus: every month :wap: ) T'was quite interesting.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

wap wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:08 pm

Just read that the other day (yes, I still get a paper magazine delivered to my :haus: every month :wap: ) T'was quite interesting.
Do you still hate 'yota?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 6:51 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:27 pm It's really the same discussion we've had about GoRfs and Type-S integras etc. the base vehicle is engineered to a $30k ish price point so regardless of how expensive FSD, extra performance, or extra may add to the msrp of the vehicle it's still going to have tendencies of that $30k starting price point.
Naw dog. A Gorf and a Type-S Integra is a nice place to be. The Model Y was pile. It's expensive because it's electric. The rest of it is a disgrace. And Max has owned and driven and sees these Teslas all day. I'm a car geek and I still have to look for the gull wing doors to distinguish X and Y.
It's also certainly different to jump from powertrain to powertrain in ICE versus electric and yet they charge like it's the same. Most of the higher power models in EV just have more batteries and/or :tuna: only. Sure, batteries cost money, but motors are cheap and none really compares to putting in a bespoke power plant specially made for a certain version that often has other transmission/tuning, suspension. Like Stingray to Z06 versus Tessie to Tessie Plaid.... no real comparison in actual development/cost to the manufacturer.

I think Teslas are starting to lose that 'it factor'. Many people viewed them as status symbols half a decade ago but I certainly see them now and just think of them like a Camry or the like, they're basically econoboxes. I assume 90% of the ones bought today are just the $300-400/month leases.
max225

D Griff wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:54 am
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 6:51 pm

It's also certainly different to jump from powertrain to powertrain in ICE versus electric and yet they charge like it's the same. Most of the higher power models in EV just have more batteries and/or :tuna: only. Sure, batteries cost money, but motors are cheap and none really compares to putting in a bespoke power plant specially made for a certain version that often has other transmission/tuning, suspension. Like Stingray to Z06 versus Tessie to Tessie Plaid.... no real comparison in actual development/cost to the manufacturer.

I think Teslas are starting to lose that 'it factor'. Many people viewed them as status symbols half a decade ago but I certainly see them now and just think of them like a Camry or the like, they're basically econoboxes. I assume 90% of the ones bought today are just the $300-400/month leases.
That was always the point of a model 3/y. Mass market vehicle.
it surely won’t be a status symbol since it’s clearly built to a price point first and everything else second. I’m not sure who ever thought it was aspirational. It’s seen as an embarrassment to most with the means to buy one imo. Best way to describe it is driving an CLA and pretending you’re in the G Wagen because you’re in the same “brand”

Only the :plaid: made it somewhat interesting. Quickest suv in the world has a lot of fun associated with it
Last edited by max225 on Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

I still want a Tesla. The model 3 I was in rode alright and felt nice enough inside with a very punchy motor. Would be an awesome train station car. But I can see why someone would prefer the i4 to one. Certainly way nicer inside.

The whole “if it breaks we send someone over to you” thing is kinda nice though. Like a minor fix I can just schedule in the app and it gets done while I drink coffee in my underwear. Instead of go to the dealer and get a rando to take me home in a smelly Uber.