Islam

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.

How do you feel about Islam

It is totally fine, same as Christianity, should be protected under all american laws
45%
Radically different than our religion, it infringes on american rights/culture and shouldn't be accepted as such and tolarated unless it aligns with our values
9%
All religion should be banned
45%

Total votes: 22
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

maxtdi wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:55 pm
wap wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:20 pm

Semantics aside, I don't like seeing a religious group pointed out as inherently evil.

:dat:
I don't like accepting a religion that has utter disregard for women, gays, and religions that don't align with it's affiliation.
Christianity has the same shit in it.
Women subjecting themselves to their husbands even through abuse and rape, it's in the bible.

Our cultures have weeded out the 'bad' stuff.

The problem is cultural not religious.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
SixSpeeder
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiat

wap wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:13 pm
SixSpeeder wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:59 pm

BS, women are still treated as second class citizens largely who have to defer to their superior male keeper. They can do what they want, I don't have to like it.
Of course you don't. I don't like it either. But there are plenty of "white" dudes who treat their women like second class people, too.
Plenty =/= a widespread culture of it

You know well that it's not acceptable in most white, brown, purple, green, periwinkle 'merican homes (made up of a multitude of religions and cultures) to treat women like inferior possessions becuase they don't have a :dong:. I'm not saying that I support what Trump is currently doing becuase I don't, just how I personally feel for reasonable reasons. I don't have a lot of respect for most religions, but that one takes the cake for the least amount of respect in my book.
dyslexic wrote:DO YOU FEEL FEAR
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Melon wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:00 pm
maxtdi wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:55 pm

I don't like accepting a religion that has utter disregard for women, gays, and religions that don't align with it's affiliation.
Women subjecting themselves to their husbands even through abuse and rape, it's in the bible.

Since when does Christianity require a woman to cover her hair, face or entire body with a burka?
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

maxtdi wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:18 pm
Melon wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:00 pm

Since when does Christianity require a woman to cover her hair, face or entire body with a burka?
I'm not even going to argue the merits of one ancient myth over the other.
They're both bad, and good at the same time.

If you don't live Islam, that's all good and well too.
But to restrict rights, and ban people from the country who are Muslim, come the fuck on.

What matters is what people do with it.
I do agree, the way that women are treated in the Middle East is deplorable by our standards, but it's a cultural problem.
Religion is manipulated by people to justify their actions. If you convert to Islam, you don't suddenly become a woman heater.
It's the same way the Nazis used the science of genetic, or Jim Jones used Christianity to manipulate a whole congregation.
Yet we don't blame genetics and Christianity, we blame Hitler and Jim Jones.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

SixSpeeder wrote:Terrorism aside, I've been against Islam for a long time, way before it was trendy and more so than I'm against other religions. The way that they treat women as a whole is disgusting, and their policies/laws in general are barbaric. Women can't leave the house alone without a male chaperone in a lot of Muslim countries, and being :gay: is a death sentence. Not a whole lot for me to respect there. :iono:
On board. Sorry.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SixSpeeder wrote:
wap wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:44 pm Fortunately, what they do in their own countries doesn't matter one whit to us. :aintcare:
Fortunately, those types of behaviors are illegal for them to practice here, so they mostly leave that shit behind when they immigrate. So again, :aintcare:
BS, women are still treated as second class citizens largely who have to defer to their superior male keeper. They can do what they want, I don't have to like it.
My neighbor (on the street not direct) beats his wife secretly. She told her friend another lady, who told my wife. He is Muslim. I see her do all the house shit, rake leaves, shovel snow, etc. She also had to quit her job at Wendy's because too many men or whatever. There are no equal rights because America/Canuckia in that household.

:triggered:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote:
Detroit wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:29 pm :dat:

Can't kill someone here for any reason. Murder is murder and against the law last time I checked.
I grew up with a shit-ton of Muslim kids. One of my very best friends all through grammar school and high school was a Palestinian kid. He had a real nice family, 4 sisters, all of whom went on to great careers, and cool parents. They were strict as hell, but not psycho about it. My retired mom, who still volunteers at a local hospital once a week, just helped his retired dad get a job volunteering at the same hospital. Not a scary bone in his body.
The flip side. Not all the same. Ratio wise, :notsure: doe
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote:
Detroit wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:37 pm They're clearly terrorists in waiting. DEPORT NOW
They've obviously waiting over 50 years and counting to make their move.
:impressive:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Last thought I suppose, when did an Islamic nation offer refuge to a non-islamic nation? Isreal accepted, nope. So when, really? They don't care as much as we care. Never have.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Tarspin wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:01 pm
SixSpeeder wrote:
My neighbor (on the street not direct) beats his wife secretly. She told her friend another lady, who told my wife. He is Muslim. I see her do all the house shit, rake leaves, shovel snow, etc. She also had to quit her job at Wendy's because too many men or whatever. There are no equal rights because America/Canuckia in that household.

If you know about it yet don't report it, aren't you also part of the problem? This isn't directed toward you, but in general.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Ok just thought of one more... I know a family from Syria living close to me. Our kids play and the family is 5/7. Wife doesn't wear a burka. The husband comes from a wealthy upbringing and is very considerate of the neighbors. I refuse to paint those guys with the same brush as the wife beating fucks.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Tarspin wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:18 pm Ok just thought of one more... I know a family from Syria living close to me. Our kids play and the family is 5/7. Wife doesn't wear a burka. The husband comes from a wealthy upbringing and is very considerate of the neighbors. I refuse to paint those guys with the same brush as the wife beating fucks.
It is definitely a cultural/assimilating thing.

I do agree, that everyone should make effort to assimilate into the society that is willing to grant them privileges and freedoms to reside there. That doesn't mean you should abandon your culture, but recognize that your culture has a place in the grand scheme of other cultures coexisting efficiently. Most people can't do that, no matter how much they try.

But we've always been divisive, it's just human nature. It's built into everything we do. iPhone vs. Android, Ford vs. GM, etc. etc.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
max225

Melon wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:53 pm
maxtdi wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:18 pm

But to restrict rights, and ban people from the country who are Muslim, come the fuck on.

I do agree, the way that women are treated in the Middle East is deplorable by our standards, but it's a cultural problem.
Religion is manipulated by people to justify their actions. If you convert to Islam, you don't suddenly become a woman heater.
It's the same way the Nazis used the science of genetic, or Jim Jones used Christianity to manipulate a whole congregation.
It is insulting that some of you even compare it to the Nazi's that's some major BULLSHIT. Do you have any clue what the NAZI's DID? Or read a fucking book?
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

maxtdi wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:25 pm
Melon wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:53 pm

It is insulting that some of you even compare it to the Nazi's that's some major BULLSHIT. Do you have any clue what the NAZI's DID? Or read a fucking book?
My point is that people distort and manipulate things to their advantage, and that point was made well in that instance.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I'm out on this thread, it's pretty clear where people stand.
I'll just agree to disagree.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

maxtdi wrote:
Melon wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:11 pm How did you see what I did there if you fixed it for me? Unless you're saying that you saw what you did there. That doesn't make much sense doe, of course you saw what you did there. IDK. Might want to work on learning more English...

:trollface:
I am just some refugee, I can beat women, not speak English and reap all the benefits of this country because my religion is different.

And you're a racist, xenophobic bigot for telling me to learn english. :gtfo:
Says the guy who wants to ban an entire religion. :notsure:

Sent from the beer depository

:therapist:
Calvinball

maxtdi wrote:
wap wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:20 pm

Semantics aside, I don't like seeing a religious group pointed out as inherently evil.

And there aren't Christian factions who treat these groups poorly as well?

Calvinball

Melon wrote:
maxtdi wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:55 pm I don't like accepting a religion that has utter disregard for women, gays, and religions that don't align with it's affiliation.

max225

Melon wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:27 pm
maxtdi wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:25 pm

My point is that people distort and manipulate things to their advantage, and that point was made well in that instance.
You drew a connection to one of the most heinous crimes ever committed against humanity. how do you equate that to not allowing ppl into your country that would be a bad cultural/religious fit?
Calvinball

maxtdi wrote:
Melon wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:00 pm Christianity has the same shit in it.

Yes. Our enlightened Christian western ways have never heavily restricted what women were allowed to wear. :rollseyes:

Calvinball

Tarspin wrote:Ok just thought of one more... I know a family from Syria living close to me. Our kids play and the family is 5/7. Wife doesn't wear a burka. The husband comes from a wealthy upbringing and is very considerate of the neighbors. I refuse to paint those guys with the same brush as the wife beating fucks.
Max doesn't.

Calvinball

maxtdi wrote:
Melon wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:27 pm My point is that people distort and manipulate things to their advantage, and that point was made well in that instance.
You drew a connection to one of the most heinous crimes ever committed against humanity. how do you equate that to not allowing ppl into your country that would be a bad cultural/religious fit?
Because that's the start of it, bud.

Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:01 pm My neighbor (on the street not direct) beats his wife secretly. She told her friend another lady, who told my wife. He is Muslim. I see her do all the house shit, rake leaves, shovel snow, etc. She also had to quit her job at Wendy's because too many men or whatever. There are no equal rights because America/Canuckia in that household.

If you know about it yet don't report it, aren't you also part of the problem? This isn't directed toward you, but in general.
I can't prove it and she'd get more beats when the cops leave. Then she wouldn't have anyone to talk to ever. If I could prove it I'd call right meow.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:18 pm Ok just thought of one more... I know a family from Syria living close to me. Our kids play and the family is 5/7. Wife doesn't wear a burka. The husband comes from a wealthy upbringing and is very considerate of the neighbors. I refuse to paint those guys with the same brush as the wife beating fucks.
It is definitely a cultural/assimilating thing.

I do agree, that everyone should make effort to assimilate into the society that is willing to grant them privileges and freedoms to reside there. That doesn't mean you should abandon your culture, but recognize that your culture has a place in the grand scheme of other cultures coexisting efficiently. Most people can't do that, no matter how much they try.

But we've always been divisive, it's just human nature. It's built into everything we do. iPhone vs. Android, Ford vs. GM, etc. etc.
:doge: doe
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Calvinball wrote:
Tarspin wrote:Ok just thought of one more... I know a family from Syria living close to me. Our kids play and the family is 5/7. Wife doesn't wear a burka. The husband comes from a wealthy upbringing and is very considerate of the neighbors. I refuse to paint those guys with the same brush as the wife beating fucks.
Max doesn't.

Maybe he's saying that America needs to tread lightly on the immigration thing. Maybe stop it until the dust settles to protect the citizens of America? Protecting borders kind of thing.