Kamry XSE impressions and further updates

Strut your greasy stuff!
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Finally took pics of my POS Camry in poser blue.

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

:notbad:

You forgot to hold your finger over the plates :doe: .
max225

D Griff wrote::notbad:

Yea... exactly. Ugh. It is like a pet peeve of mine.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:megusta:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

D Griff wrote::notbad:

:lolol:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225

Yo dawg I heard you liked ugly clocks

God dawg how about weather on the dash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

maxtdi wrote:Image

Yo dawg I heard you liked ugly clocks

God dawg how about weather on the dash

Lol chrysler has that for a while too. My moms 2011 5er doesn't show weather or ugly clock doe, dat update.

Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Your impressions really remind me of what Johnny said about the 235i... it seems these cars are great if you want to be able to go fast without your wife/gf really noticing but perhaps aren't the most exciting. It definitely looks great :doe: .
max225

D Griff wrote:Your impressions really remind me of what Johnny said about the 235i... it seems these cars are great if you want to be able to go fast without your wife/gf really noticing but perhaps aren't the most exciting. It definitely looks great :doe: .
Well in a way yes. I dunno saying it isn't exciting is kind of wrong though. I like the way the car looks and it is moderately fast, so there is some excitement there. The stereo is also excitingly good to me.

Lets see further impressions.
I am almost 1 full tank in... Average MPG ~20 yes I drive it like a dick.
24 city 32 freeway :yeahok: this car seems in line with what the Z was getting in terms of MPGs. And that thing has wider tires. :triggered:

Overall the car is very nice, I still really dig the seats/gayges, gaydrive, stereo, kinda getting used to the HUD.

These are from about a week and 300 miles of driving.
1. Surprisingly the auto climate control is GOOD, I only set it once and it does't annoy me one bit. You can set a max fan setting so it doesn't go full retard you turn on the car.
2. I still love the ride quality, this is the perfect blend of sport + DD
3. Handling is good in Sport Chassis mode, the steering is nicely weighted and the car is very flat through corners etc.
4. Probably on of the best stereos I ever heard... HK system is a must on this thing.

What could use more work...
1. The stereo doesn't turn off when you open the door, it turns off when you lock the car. Which is annoying if you like gangsta rap ( I don't).
2. The settings for driving are a bit annoying, car starts off in comfort, and I prefer sport without the "sport" engine tuning so I have to click it into that every god damn time. I don't get the point in having 4 fucking settings. Why can't the car just have one setting. It just dilutes the driving experience
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

maxtdi wrote:
D Griff wrote:Your impressions really remind me of what Johnny said about the 235i... it seems these cars are great if you want to be able to go fast without your wife/gf really noticing but perhaps aren't the most exciting. It definitely looks great :doe: .
Well in a way yes. I dunno saying it isn't exciting is kind of wrong though. I like the way the car looks and it is moderately fast, so there is some excitement there. The stereo is also excitingly good to me.

24 city 32 freeway :yeahok: this car seems in line with what the Z was getting in terms of MPGs. And that thing has wider tires. :triggered:

Overall the car is very nice, I still really dig the seats/gayges, gaydrive, stereo, kinda getting used to the HUD.

1. Surprisingly the auto climate control is GOOD, I only set it once and it does't annoy me one bit. You can set a max fan setting so it doesn't go full retard you turn on the car.
3. Handling is good in Sport Chassis mode, the steering is nicely weighted and the car is very flat through corners etc.
4. Probably on of the best stereos I ever heard... HK system is a must on this thing.

1. The stereo doesn't turn off when you open the door, it turns off when you lock the car. Which is annoying if you like gangsta rap ( I don't).
2. The settings for driving are a bit annoying, car starts off in comfort, and I prefer sport without the "sport" engine tuning so I have to click it into that every god damn time. I don't get the point in having 4 fucking settings. Why can't the car just have one setting. It just dilutes the driving experience
Stoked about the good reviews on the stereo. Interested in highway mileage @ 80 mph cruise. Take an AZN on a roadtrip.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote:
maxtdi wrote:

Stoked about the good reviews on the stereo. Interested in highway mileage @ 80 mph cruise. Take an AZN on a roadtrip.
I drove the car back 70 miles at that speed.... I got 28-29mpg at 80.

There is a full retard ECO PRO mode that makes you want to blow your brains out if you're not on cruise control. It literally feels slower than a prius in that, and it decouples the engine from trans when you get off the gas... So yea.. IN that mode maybe 30-31 is possible but I doubt it...
Desertbreh

maxtdi wrote:
Desertbreh wrote:
I drove the car back 70 miles at that speed.... I got 28-29mpg at 80.

There is a full retard ECO PRO mode that makes you want to blow your brains out if you're not on cruise control. It literally feels slower than a prius in that, and it decouples the engine from trans when you get off the gas... So yea.. IN that mode maybe 30-31 is possible but I doubt it...
That'll work!
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

I see the same mileage in my Panzer 235i as well. Still fun to drive and solid quality overall. Selectability of drive is nice etc etc. They got the car right and in the environment here it eats the km's at speed and leaves a nice relaxing grin. The Pilot Super Sports are a must and Im glad they came on the car to begin with. Leather has been holding up real well no obvious wear and I keep it treated every couple a months. Brakes are still great and pads original. Also I have negligible oil use. Nice.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

maxtdi wrote:

Basically you press to power off with brake, and press it again without brake. That's how the system shut

Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Davestr

[user not found] wrote:Max, to get the stereo to turn off when you turn the car off, just press the stop/start button again without your foot on the brake.
Yep that double tap!
Davestr

Max a forum breh posted this up in case you want the 340i next :)

--I can compare my 335i Msport AT to my 340i Msport AT.
BMW nicely improved most of the things that owners and the press complained about in the original F30, namely the steering, suspension, and overall handling. My 340i is a noticeable improvement over my 335i in regards to steering feel, ride, and overall handling.
Also, there is a noticeable difference between the performance of the N55 w/ZF AT and the B58 w/ZF AT. The B58 is noticeably more powerful than the N55, and it actually likes going to red line more so as I can feel how the B58 keeps pulling beyond the RPM where the N55's power drops off.
Also, there were improvements made to the ZF AT that result in a bit smoother and crisper shifts, with more responsiveness when a downshift is needed. Overall, the ZF AT was great to begin with, so the improvements made for the 340i are subtle.--
Davestr

[quote="maxtdi"]Finally took pics of my POS Camry in poser blue.

:like: :waxer: :)
Desertbreh

Davestr wrote:Max a forum breh posted this up in case you want the 340i next :)

BMW nicely improved most of the things that owners and the press complained about in the original F30, namely the steering, suspension, and overall handling. My 340i is a noticeable improvement over my 335i in regards to steering feel, ride, and overall handling.
Also, there is a noticeable difference between the performance of the N55 w/ZF AT and the B58 w/ZF AT. The B58 is noticeably more powerful than the N55, and it actually likes going to red line more so as I can feel how the B58 keeps pulling beyond the RPM where the N55's power drops off.
Also, there were improvements made to the ZF AT that result in a bit smoother and crisper shifts, with more responsiveness when a downshift is needed. Overall, the ZF AT was great to begin with, so the improvements made for the 340i are subtle. I have decided to purchase a color matching Rolex with Roman Numerals instead of simple line markings to make a similar, subtle improvement in my watch collection.
Davestr

Desertbreh wrote:

Also, there were improvements made to the ZF AT that result in a bit smoother and crisper shifts, with more responsiveness when a downshift is needed. Overall, the ZF AT was great to begin with, so the improvements made for the 340i are subtle. I have decided to purchase a color matching Rolex with Roman Numerals instead of simple line markings to make a similar, subtle improvement in my watch collection.
Yep makes the 'want' for the M240i strong LOL :) I like the 340i myself. If we went 4 door beemah that would be my choice!
max225

Also, there were improvements made to the ZF AT that result in a bit smoother and crisper shifts, with more responsiveness when a downshift is needed. Overall, the ZF AT was great to begin with, so the improvements made for the 340i are subtle.--
I don't think I'd get a 340i same shit 20-30 more hp. I'd go M3 if I'd get another Camry.
Subtle = I won't notice. I don't pretend to be able to tell a difference in what a pea makes under a mattress
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

maxtdi wrote:Finally took pics of my POS Camry in poser blue.

:jizz:
Desertbreh

So what does your AZN harem think of this thing?
max225

Desertbreh wrote:So what does your AZN harem think of this thing?
4 thumbs up. No one actually disliked this car yet. That's differs widely from any other car I have owned
Desertbreh

maxtdi wrote:
4 thumbs up. No one actually disliked this car yet. That's differs widely from any other car I have owned
:zing:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

maxtdi wrote:
I don't like it.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.