OT 21: DFD Giveth and DFD Taketh Away

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

wap wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:10 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:59 am I haven't been on FB since 2016. :aintcare: don't miss it one bit. Only annoying thing is FBM replaced CL, so I can't really buy local things anymore. FBM is a dumpster fire, so perhaps it's for the best.
Never been on FB. I don't even know what it looks like. Zero interest in it.
You’re not missing out on anything.
Desertbreh

Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:59 am I haven't been on FB since 2016. :aintcare: don't miss it one bit. Only annoying thing is FBM replaced CL, so I can't really buy local things anymore. FBM is a dumpster fire, so perhaps it's for the best.
Why this thing is a major indice of Big Tech mystifies me.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

SAWCE wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:34 pm

You’re not missing out on anything.
Yeah, :dat: is how I feel about it.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:47 pm

Why this thing is a major indice of Big Tech mystifies me.
:iono:
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

mEtA tho
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

This is really the only reason I still have Facebook. I can sell stuff there in days, if not hours, whereas CL won't garner a single hit. Of course, I can't sell anything that remotely resembles a gun on Facebook, which means I'm having a hell of a time selling some vintage Daisy BB guns.

The Facebook groups tend to be where to learn about new products for cars, but it isn't worth it anymore. Every single post devolves into some sort of political bickering and I just can't be bothered with it.
SAWCE

Huckleberry wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:53 am
This is really the only reason I still have Facebook. I can sell stuff there in days, if not hours, whereas CL won't garner a single hit. Of course, I can't sell anything that remotely resembles a gun on Facebook, which means I'm having a hell of a time selling some vintage Daisy BB guns.

The Facebook groups tend to be where to learn about new products for cars, but it isn't worth it anymore. Every single post devolves into some sort of political bickering and I just can't be bothered with it.
OfferUp worked pretty well for us when we were clearing shit out before our move.
Huckleberry

SAWCE wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:03 pm

OfferUp worked pretty well for us when we were clearing shit out before our move.
I will have to try them out.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

This all started in 2016, and encouraged me to leave and never look back.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Huckleberry

Detroit wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:26 pm

Yeah, it's only gotten worse and I'm at the point where it isn't even worth sticking around to see the new stuff coming to market.
ChrisoftheNorth

Huckleberry wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:57 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:26 pm
Yeah, it's only gotten worse and I'm at the point where it isn't even worth sticking around to see the new stuff coming to market.
I just keep an eye on AutomotiveNews for product launches. Social media is all garbage anyway, nothing is really trustworthy. Half the posts are fake from bots, the other half are just people looking to stir up crap.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
SAWCE

Anyone doing anything cool this weekend? Might go to Top Golf. Never been, and terrible at golfing, but blasting balls as hard as I can sounds entertaining.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:02 pm Anyone doing anything cool this weekend? Might go to Top Golf. Never been, and terrible at golfing, but blasting balls as hard as I can sounds entertaining.
Curious about Top Golf, I've never been.

Tomorrow, our neighbor is turning 60, and his wife chartered a large sailboat for the afternoon/evening to hang out on. Somehow, we were asked if we wanted to attend and uh...yes?

https://www.winddancertc.com/

:fancy: :waxer:
wap

Detroit wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:41 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:02 pm Anyone doing anything cool this weekend? Might go to Top Golf. Never been, and terrible at golfing, but blasting balls as hard as I can sounds entertaining.

Tomorrow, our neighbor is turning 60, and his wife chartered a large sailboat for the afternoon/evening to hang out on. Somehow, we were asked if we wanted to attend and uh...yes?

Oh wow, that looks fantastic. :megusta:

In4pics
SAWCE

Dang that looks awesome.

Never done Top Golf either, but it looks fun and everyone I know that’s done it has had a good time. Going to go end of next month with a few bros when the last of our little group moves up here, but seems like a fun date night with M too, so asked if she wanted to check it out.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Morning fellas, It's been a while where I actually have some time to breathe. Mah griff, I may subject to come down to Asheville/Charlotte next weekend.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
adoob
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck
Drives: Cheese

Top Golf is fun. I suck at it, but the vibe with a group of friends is 5/7. Food is typical bar food, not terrible not great. Good way to spend an evening though. The one in Orlando also has Andretti Karting right next to it as well. Have yet to try that place.
Mk6 Jetta 1.8T with sketchy history (sold) -> :cheese:
IG: @cheesy_miata and @adeebsal
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Hey y’all. I’ve been crazy busy in Vegas for work all week, haven’t had time to check my phone much or look at the internet.

Finally got some time yesterday and rented a gravel bike for an 85 mile ride around Zion which was hard but excellent.

So ready to be home, sitting on the plane now. I’m good on Vegas for a looong time, I used to love going but it’s really started losing its luster. I did manage to leave up in gambling somehow, played a bit with coworkers late night. Walked away about $200 up :notbad:

@Chris, excited to see the Poorvette progress. It’ll be cool to have something interesting/car related going on around here.

What else did I miss? :poop: in the pool?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Top Golf is fun even if you’re shit at golf (which I am). It’s just bowling for richer, whiter people.

They actually buy a ton of stuff my company manufactures for each location - almost all of the audio/video and control hardware is made by us :notbad:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Facebook blows. I keep it for occasionally buying/selling on FBM, the free people who reach out to me via messenger, and keeping up with group bike rides, but I never look at my feed, interact with anyone, etc.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:40 am Morning fellas, It's been a while where I actually have some time to breathe. Mah griff, I may subject to come down to Asheville/Charlotte next weekend.
:notbad: :popcorn:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

D Griff wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:08 pm Hey y’all. I’ve been crazy busy in Vegas for work all week, haven’t had time to check my phone much or look at the internet.

Finally got some time yesterday and rented a gravel bike for an 85 mile ride around Zion which was hard but excellent.

So ready to be home, sitting on the plane now. I’m good on Vegas for a looong time, I used to love going but it’s really started losing its luster. I did manage to leave up in gambling somehow, played a bit with coworkers late night. Walked away about $200 up :notbad:

@Chris, excited to see the Poorvette progress. It’ll be cool to have something interesting/car related going on around here.

85 mile gravel ride is bonkers, dude.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:08 pm Hey y’all. I’ve been crazy busy in Vegas for work all week, haven’t had time to check my phone much or look at the internet.

What makes you say that Vegas is losing its luster ?
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

I sold a table on FBM, pretty seamless transaction. I've sold a few things there successfully but it really depends on the item/category.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.