OT 21: DFD Giveth and DFD Taketh Away

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Melon2.0
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck
Drives: Many Things

SAWCE wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:31 pm
Melon2.0 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:11 pm

Yeah man, no hate as a technique. Admittedly I never tried it but, I get shitty quick if I don't eat within a few hours of waking up.
Eggs and toast equals a good productive morning for me.
Hell yeah. What kind of bread you toasting up? Love me some sourdough or rye with my eggs.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Melon2.0 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:34 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:31 pm

Hell yeah. What kind of bread you toasting up? Love me some sourdough or rye with my eggs.
You fancy fuck.

Brioche does do a superb job of mopping up runny egg yolks.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Melon2.0 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:35 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:50 pm BuT dIDn’T YOu SeE The sTUdY tHAt SayS IntERmIteNT FaSTiNg iS BaD!?!!

The study isn’t published yet, but that shit was going around the news headlines and in the “fitness world” a week or so ago. Abstract of the study claims a 91% increase in risk of death from cardiovascular disease associated with intermittent fasting.

No idea about any of the parameters of the study, but I think it’s safe to assume the increased risk of death is due to people consuming larger meals during their feeding window still putting them in a caloric surplus, and/or moving less throughout the day due to lower energy from not having an even calorie distribution so they aren’t getting the necessary amount of hearth healthy exercise they need.

No problems with IF here. I think it’s a great way for most people to control their calories. Not my method of choice, but until this study is actually released for review (and more realistically until its findings are replicated in other studies and we have some meta analysis to review) then to each their own.
Everybody is different. Some people do better with a morning meal, others don't.
Diets are not a "One size fits all"
Meet the general guidelines for calories and vegetables:meats:carbs ratios and find what works for you.
:dat:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

golftdibrad1 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:19 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:50 pm BuT dIDn’T YOu SeE The sTUdY tHAt SayS IntERmIteNT FaSTiNg iS BaD!?!!

No idea about any of the parameters of the study, but I think it’s safe to assume the increased risk of death is due to people consuming larger meals during their feeding window still putting them in a caloric surplus,
or eating absolute shit (ie lots of sweets and fast carbs) when they do eat because starving
:dat: for me, I’m normally good/high energy in the morning and not really hungry. I do fall prey to that occasionally though, wait too long and go nuts on some trash food.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I have to renew my license/get a real ID. Why is the DMV so heinous?
SAWCE

Accidentally made a coworker look absolutely stupid. Whoops.

Got an email from boss with a few people on copy: “Hey Brandon, OWP team is swamped, can you help out and work these two actions for them?”

Looked at the actions, super simple, adding funding to existing lines of an incrementally funded contract. No problem. Knock out both actions in under an hour each. Send them back to everybody for review before the contract modification is finalized and sent to the contractor to let them know we’re approving them to spend more money.

Apparently one of the women on the OWP team, on copy with the emails, has had a few of those actions sitting for weeks and her and our boss had been arguing about how long they should take. Her claiming that two weeks is a reasonable amount of time for this sort of mod, and our boss claiming that each one should be finished within a day and that he was being generous with a full day and that there’s no reason why each one shouldn’t only take a few hours and that two in a day is doable.

Then here I come and knock out two in two hours and unknowingly absolutely throw her under the bus :lolol: She may not be with our team for very long.
Last edited by SAWCE on Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:59 pm
golftdibrad1 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:19 pm

or eating absolute shit (ie lots of sweets and fast carbs) when they do eat because starving
:dat: for me, I’m normally good/high energy in the morning and not really hungry. I do fall prey to that occasionally though, wait too long and go nuts on some trash food.
I had been bad about bingeing after smoking that devil’s lettuce the last few months. But I’m cutting that out and being strict about not bingeing when I do choose to smoke again. Hiring a new bodybuilding coach to try to get to that next level, so things are going to be way more dialed in under him than they have been with me doing my own programming the last year or so.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

SAWCE wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:05 pm Accidentally made a coworker look absolutely stupid. Whoops.

Got an email from boss with a few people on copy: “Hey Brandon, OWP team is swamped, can you help out and work these two actions for them?”

Looked at the actions, super simple, adding funding to existing lines of an incrementally funded contract. No problem. Knock out both actions in under an hour each. Send them back to everybody for review before the contract modification is finalized and sent to the contractor to let them know we’re approving them to spend more money.

Apparently one of the women on the OWP team, on copy with the emails, has had a few of those actions sitting for weeks and her and our boss had been arguing about how long they should take. Her claiming that two weeks is a reasonable amount of time for this sort of mod, and our boss claiming that each one should be finished within a day and that he was being generous with a full day and that there’s no reason why each one shouldn’t only take a few hours and that two in a day is doable.

Then here I come and knock out two in two hours and unknowingly absolutely throw her under the bus :lolol: She may not be with our team for very long.
:lolol: :megusta:
Competence is an increasingly rare thing these days. :(
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
SAWCE

wap wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:16 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:05 pm Accidentally made a coworker look absolutely stupid. Whoops.

:lolol: :megusta:
Competence is an increasingly rare thing these days. :(
Sadly so. And even more prevalent in my .gov field of employment. It does seem that things are shifting and under-performers are finally getting penalized instead of being regarded as the norm over here though.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Man I feel like the whole work from home thing has really extended that incompetency situation. Bunch of people where I work don’t really do shit and it just seems :thisisfine: if people like you.

Glad you threw her under the bus, fuck ‘er. Do your damn job you’re getting paid to do.
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:48 pm Man I feel like the whole work from home thing has really extended that incompetency situation. Bunch of people where I work don’t really do shit and it just seems :thisisfine: if people like you.

Glad you threw her under the bus, fuck ‘er. Do your damn job you’re getting paid to do.
Yeah.. even if I knew what the situation was and why they were having me do those actions, I still would have done them both in a day, but it would have been more just because of my own standard I hold myself to rather than trying to throw her under the bus.

The funny part is, our boss is new-ish as a boss and came from executing the work himself in our role.. so he legit knows what it takes and what is possible, and I guess she was trying to argue with him as if he’d always been in management and hadn’t actually done the work.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:54 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:48 pm Man I feel like the whole work from home thing has really extended that incompetency situation. Bunch of people where I work don’t really do shit and it just seems :thisisfine: if people like you.

Yeah.. even if I knew what the situation was and why they were having me do those actions, I still would have done them both in a day, but it would have been more just because of my own standard I hold myself to rather than trying to throw her under the bus.

The funny part is, our boss is new-ish as a boss and came from executing the work himself in our role.. so he legit knows what it takes and what is possible, and I guess she was trying to argue with him as if he’d always been in management and hadn’t actually done the work.
None too wise.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:37 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:54 pm

None too wise.
That seems to be what set him off and had him bring me in to show her what her colleagues are doing.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:02 pm I have to renew my license/get a real ID. Why is the DMV so heinous?
Do you have to prove you’re a citizen through 3 separate documents including several bills and a pass port and they give exactly 0 fucks that you already had a drivers license for 20 years ?
max225

Can you even fire someone from a gov job ? That sort of incompetence is really making me glad I’m paying 1/2 of my pay into taxes 🤮
J-Ho-Fo-Show69
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: 328, TJ, Grand Trailhawk

max225 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:13 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:02 pm I have to renew my license/get a real ID. Why is the DMV so heinous?
Do you have to prove you’re a citizen through 3 separate documents including several bills and a pass port and they give exactly 0 fucks that you already had a drivers license for 20 years ?
I got my real ID years ago, it was a shit experience. They required so much shit. I had to bring in my social security card and birth certificate. She kept getting my info wrong and taking my picture before fixing it. The end result is quite the mugshot!
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:15 pm

Can you even fire someone from a gov job ? That sort of incompetence is really making me glad I’m paying 1/2 of my pay into taxes 🤮
It’s easier now than it used to be. But yeah, it will still take much more documenting and shit, and much longer, than firing in private industry would.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Going to DMV has always been a dreadful experience, feels almost no different than spending time in traffic court for a speeding violation. Even if you're available on saturday, you're stuck with dads with their teenage kids getting their learners permit. Although that trend seems to decrease with the gen z. Atleast for my :tits: sister whose fresh out of high school.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

such holiday weekend...about to kick off of work and let the other work begin! Happy easter or whatever you are doing fellas
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
max225

Is it really a holiday if it's on the weekend? :disgust: happy pre easter tho
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

I have off today for Good Friday. Went to the range and now grabbing lunch at Duckworth's.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:44 pm Is it really a holiday if it's on the weekend? :disgust: happy pre easter tho
NO.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
J-Ho-Fo-Show69
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: 328, TJ, Grand Trailhawk

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:17 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:44 pm Is it really a holiday if it's on the weekend? :disgust: happy pre easter tho
NO.

MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I bet that lowkey feels good though right?
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Here is a highlight of my Good Friday, an inconvenience plus with my stubburnness has instigated a new accomplishment where I deserve a big ole banner as a "car enthusiast"

Let me leave pics for details