OT 21: DFD Giveth and DFD Taketh Away

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

D Griff wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:59 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:08 pm

The same house today is $3400 or so. Welcome to 2024. Something in the housing market has come completely unhinged. Boomers bought their homes for 3 fruit roll ups and a blue berry. Worth 3 million today because reasons … and they have multiple properties and ain’t selling …

:disgust: anyone sub 30 without a deep 6 figure job for a decade is completely priced out
I'd probably be too poor now to get a house. I got another pay cut today. I had a call to go over this 'commission calculator' spreadsheet with one of our sales ops people. I asked her a question, she got confused, sends me a message in Teams later that a multiplier was wrong and they're going to have to reduce pay on my national accounts commission by more than half.

:lolol:

Then I applied for three jobs.
:rage:
Fucking hell, that's terrible. Probably time to :nope: out of there, unfortunately. Good luck with your jerb search.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

The same house today is $3400 or so. Welcome to 2024. Something in the housing market has come completely unhinged. Boomers bought their homes for 3 fruit roll ups and a blue berry. Worth 3 million today because reasons … and they have multiple properties and ain’t selling …

:disgust: anyone sub 30 without a deep 6 figure job for a decade is completely priced out
I'd probably be too poor now to get a house. I got another pay cut today. I had a call to go over this 'commission calculator' spreadsheet with one of our sales ops people. I asked her a question, she got confused, sends me a message in Teams later that a multiplier was wrong and they're going to have to reduce pay on my national accounts commission by more than half.

:wtf: :rage: that's fukt
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

SAWCE wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:16 pm Felt so good to sleep in my own bed last night. Slept super hard. Speaking of, sleep study confirmed I need a CPAP. It should be delivered tomorrow. Excited to see how that helps me.
Dude careful with these … a bunch of people died and or got shit in their lungs from it… Philipps branded ones
max225

Yeah keep at it. The place you’re at keeps pulling the rug from under your feet … this is like the 5th time
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

D Griff wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:25 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:43 pm Not sure if anyone gives a fuck. But just an FYI. I a starting to see lay offs again... a friend of mine got canned in Austin... and quite a few companies are doing quiet lay offs... people just getting canned without official announcements
We’ve had a bunch of secret cannings…

Had to spend some time on the road this week with my boss as I was in Indianapolis and he lives in Indiana. Nice guy but such a weird vibe. My age or a little younger, had zero feedback on my meetings with partners/dealers even when I asked for it, thinks suburban hellscape malls full of chain restaurants are ‘nice areas’ And only eats meat and potatoes literally.

Glad that is over.
Oooofff thats not good
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Im on a second interview at a new gig and may go back to highway commute again. The director of hr put her 2 week notice along with fulltime night auditor and front office manager somehow did not come. Im now in Turkey for a little over a week cause i have sinus issues and put in a doctors note, so i used all my sick days and did my operation in Turkey, reconnected with a few friends due to limited time. Along with my grandparents, aunts, cousins etc. I cannot wait how this new gig unfolds, all i know is im getting a 20-30% increase in my salary. 2nd interview on Monday.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
wap

:notbad:
Good luck with the interview.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

max225 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:24 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:16 pm Felt so good to sleep in my own bed last night. Slept super hard. Speaking of, sleep study confirmed I need a CPAP. It should be delivered tomorrow. Excited to see how that helps me.
Dude careful with these … a bunch of people died and or got shit in their lungs from it… Philipps branded ones
:ohdang: a buddy of mine who uses one gave me the same warning. His cousin almost died, but it turned out it was because he didn’t clean the machine for like a full year so there was nasty shit growing in there and he was breathing it.

The one they’re sending me is Resmed brand. After he told me that I’ve already looked up the recommended cleaning and disposable parts replacement schedule and will be on top of that shit.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

D Griff wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:24 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:37 am Man.. combination of the time change, being in a different time zone, and the bedding in this hotel out here has me sleeping terribly. Waking up sweating my ass off all night even with the AC down at 64-65, taking hours to fall asleep, etc. Shit has sucked. Cant wait to get home tonight.
Work travel… bleh. I’m drinking alone at the airport because my flight got delayed.

Getting to see out of town friends is def a cool perk though. I didn’t sync up with Coogs in Indy this time because boss bro was with me.
:sad:

Next time hopefully :mahman:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:01 am
max225 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:24 pm

:ohdang: a buddy of mine who uses one gave me the same warning. His cousin almost died, but it turned out it was because he didn’t clean the machine for like a full year so there was nasty shit growing in there and he was breathing it.

The one they’re sending me is Resmed brand. After he told me that I’ve already looked up the recommended cleaning and disposable parts replacement schedule and will be on top of that shit.
Have you thought about trying a mouth guard instead? That's what I do it's a nice middle ground.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:27 pm
SAWCE wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:01 am

Have you thought about trying a mouth guard instead? That's what I do it's a nice middle ground.
I have, but the sleep study showed my blood oxygen level getting fairly low while I sleep, so this thing pumping oxygen into my lungs all night seems to be the way to go.

First night of sleep was.. meh. While I wasn’t snoring, I could definitely tell something was attached to my face. Will take a bit of getting used to that. I can control the humidity level of the air too, and my nose was a little dry this morning so I’ll bump that up one setting for tonight and see how it helps.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:42 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:27 pm

I have, but the sleep study showed my blood oxygen level getting fairly low while I sleep, so this thing pumping oxygen into my lungs all night seems to be the way to go.

First night of sleep was.. meh. While I wasn’t snoring, I could definitely tell something was attached to my face. Will take a bit of getting used to that. I can control the humidity level of the air too, and my nose was a little dry this morning so I’ll bump that up one setting for tonight and see how it helps.
It's hard to get used to......says errbody I have ever talked to.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Select NZ pics.

wap

:fuckyeah:
:nice: pics, Dirk.
SAWCE

Great pics! Would love to hit NZ one day.
wap

I especially like this pic of you:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:50 pm I especially like this pic of you:
Ha! That was a Gallipoli campaign exhibit at Te Papa, the National NZ Museum in Wellington. The many times greater than life size figures were quite striking.
max225

Excellent pics! Machine gunner is def a strong front run er
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Any good/weird local chow?
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:57 pm
wap wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:50 pm I especially like this pic of you:
Ha! That was a Gallipoli campaign exhibit at Te Papa, the National NZ Museum in Wellington. The many times greater than life size figures were quite striking.
:neat:
Dat Gallipoli, not one of Churchill's finest moments. :(
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:23 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:57 pm

:neat:
Dat Gallipoli, not one of Churchill's finest moments. :(
A fucking disaster.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:03 pm Any good/weird local chow?
NO. Maybe Green Lip Musdels Food was a 7. Like all of 1st World Oceania, (Hawaii, Australia, NZ)......there is a societal safety net that goes to the grand canyon, Everybody makes $80K-$120K......and people are polite but nobody tries that hard. ALL POSTAL WORKERS should emigrate to NZ/Aus. More money, same state of bliss staring at beige on the ceiling at night.

I'm not saying the Elon Musk sleep under our desk thing is the way to go, but it is quite Orwellian under the surface. Those comments are about the SERVICE. Which involved the preparation. Which was good to very good but no mind blown stuff. The burgers are WRONG. They put all kinds of shit on them including BEETS...........which they call beetroot down there. The idea of a smashburger with onions, pickles, and onion is a foreign thing in Oceania.

The only people who kick ass in Oceania are owner/operators. ZERO EMPLOYEES kick any ass.
max225

Jesus Christ beet burger … I thought the Irish with their blood pudding pizzas were bad.

:gtfo:
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

D Griff wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:57 pm
golftdibrad1 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:05 pm

distributing my links eh? no one here will read this. they buy into the DIE crap, well except for maybe Max
Is that site where you learned that the shift key is irrelevant?
oh he reads. learn anything?

:lolol: :thisisfine:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

Desertbreh wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:14 pm Select NZ pics.

awesome pics. easy to forget Bruce McLaren was a kiwi.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.