OT 21: DFD Giveth and DFD Taketh Away

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:37 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:12 pm

Fully pre approved at a much higher amount than they offered. So looks dece.
So is there enough equity in this deal to provide some financial cushion for you guys? This new place of yours has been a bit more costly than anticipated.
Hopefully :dat: I assume any house owned pre like 2018 is a fucking cash cow at this point.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

D Griff wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:04 pm
wap wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:59 pm

:nice:
Hoping he's doing great.
I think all is mostly well on his end, still has the R53 and Taco, his wife got a new Mini Pooper S :manuel: He’s doing a lot of bike stuff and an animal in fitness. It was a fun time. Also got to see the house and :triggered: rock, pet the :doge: , etc.
Is he still doing landscaping full time or did he las\nd another jerb?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

wap wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:09 pm

I think all is mostly well on his end, still has the R53 and Taco, his wife got a new Mini Pooper S :manuel: He’s doing a lot of bike stuff and an animal in fitness. It was a fun time. Also got to see the house and :triggered: rock, pet the :doge: , etc.
If i recall he does aftermarket car part distributor?
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:53 am
wap wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:09 pm

Kind of, he is in sales at WorldPac (World :plac: ?) which is a parts distributor. Pretty similar to what I do really, but the customers are auto shops instead of AV integrators.
adoob
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck
Drives: Cheese

wap wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:59 pm

Hoping he's doing great.
:fuckyeah:

Been seeing the bike stuff on insta. I might pick it up as a way to lose weight. Obviously not on that level though, currently am still :fatty:
Mk6 Jetta 1.8T with sketchy history (sold) -> :cheese:
IG: @cheesy_miata and @adeebsal
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

adoob wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:49 pm

:fuckyeah:

Been seeing the bike stuff on insta. I might pick it up as a way to lose weight. Obviously not on that level though, currently am still :fatty:
Cycling is addictive! It offers some of the same fun as cars: tinkering, racing, offroading, transportation, etc. at a lower price point, healthier/more eco friendly, and less illegal.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I'm to the point where I have pretty much zero interest in track days any more and would rather just go ride bikes.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:32 pm I'm to the point where I have pretty much zero interest in track days any more and would rather just go ride bikes.
I'll never understand tracking your own car. It's cheaper to go to these BMW/porsche performance schools IMO. And you get to compete with other cucks and absolutely trash brand new bmws/porsche with 0fg.
J-Ho-Fo-Show69
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: 328, TJ, Grand Trailhawk

max225 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:41 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:32 pm I'm to the point where I have pretty much zero interest in track days any more and would rather just go ride bikes.
I'll never understand tracking your own car. It's cheaper to go to these BMW/porsche performance schools IMO. And you get to compete with other cucks and absolutely trash brand new bmws/porsche with 0fg.
This is the way!!

You’ve heard of OPM, this is OPC!!!
wap

D Griff wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:57 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:53 am

Kind of, he is in sales at WorldPac (World :plac: ?) which is a parts distributor. Pretty similar to what I do really, but the customers are auto shops instead of AV integrators.
:notbad: Good for him. Hope it's working out well for him.
wap

Also got to see the :triggered: rock,

Forgot to :iswydt: :lolol: at this. Well done.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:41 pm
:notwrong: I mean, there is fun to be had truly learning the limits of your own car, but in general I'd say 'OPC' or having some sort of track car beater if you're REALLY into it and want to go every month or more are the ways.

Some track events are also a lot less destructive, i.e. Track Night in America is a bunch of people in street cars and is really low risk. NASA you're running with people with track rubber flinging rocks at your car and whatnot.
Melon2.0
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck
Drives: Many Things

Anytime I've been to a school or driving experience they always limit how hard you can push the car.

I don't mind a little track wear. It's a car, it's going to get dinged up, rock chipped etc. Might as well have some fun with it.
Unlike other manufacturers (Looking at you Subaru and Toyota) GM honors their warranty, even for on-track use.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:dat: too, I've done a number of events and they're pretty much 7-8/10 in terms of going all in, whereas you can go 9-10/10 at an HPDE in your own car.
Melon2.0
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck
Drives: Many Things

Truthfully, I'd feel a lot different if I had something more unique like an M2 Comp.
It's pretty easy to say "fuck it" when it's a Camaro.
max225

D Griff wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:43 pm :dat: too, I've done a number of events and they're pretty much 7-8/10 in terms of going all in, whereas you can go 9-10/10 at an HPDE in your own car.
Would you actually want to go 10/10 in a car that is going to take you work?
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Melon2.0 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:59 pm Truthfully, I'd feel a lot different if I had something more unique like an M2 Comp.
It's pretty easy to say "fuck it" when it's a Camaro.
:mahtroy: :bravo:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:12 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:12 pm

Do you know your buyers financial situation ? That can be a gamble unless they already have the funds secured.
Fully pre approved at a much higher amount than they offered. So looks dece.
Is this your inlaws house that you long term rented for years? Sry, I've been checked out a long time but still :member: some shit.

They giving you a cut? Are you in house #3?
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Has anyone dicked with those honda suitcase scooters yet?
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin

dubshow wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:08 am Has anyone dicked with those honda suitcase scooters yet?
Nice to have you back Andy. The place hasn't been the same without you. Those suitcase scooters are :neat:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:50 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:43 pm :dat: too, I've done a number of events and they're pretty much 7-8/10 in terms of going all in, whereas you can go 9-10/10 at an HPDE in your own car.
I mean... yeah. It is fun. I don't drive to work, I don't need a car for anything really. I can also afford to rent a car/Lyft or whatever if I have to. But it is very costly and not without risks, hence why I'm really more into cycling these days. It's just a better hobby for me right now fitness-wise, financially, etc.
max225

D Griff wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:26 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:50 pm

I mean... yeah. It is fun. I don't drive to work, I don't need a car for anything really. I can also afford to rent a car/Lyft or whatever if I have to. But it is very costly and not without risks, hence why I'm really more into cycling these days. It's just a better hobby for me right now fitness-wise, financially, etc.
I am just saying...
It's like throwing a party at your house and having 200 people run through your toilet and get a few glasses smashed and a couch stained. Or... say you can rent a house with 0 consequences and do the same. Or a hotel room. Whatever, but going 10/10 on your own shit just wears it out and makes it a lot less than nice.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:15 pm
dubshow wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:08 am Has anyone dicked with those honda suitcase scooters yet?
Nice to have you back Andy. The place hasn't been the same without you. Those suitcase scooters are :neat:
Eric, but yeah. howdy sir breh of ze desert and fellow Big Mexican Weiner enthusiast.

I see bradfax has being screaming into the abyss and has his own quiet corner now :lol:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:28 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:26 pm

I am just saying...
It's like throwing a party at your house and having 200 people run through your toilet and get a few glasses smashed and a couch stained. Or... say you can rent a house with 0 consequences and do the same. Or a hotel room. Whatever, but going 10/10 on your own shit just wears it out and makes it a lot less than nice.
:dat:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

First family of 4 vacay booked. $1400 for 3 nights on beach. Got the Rugrats their own room. :dock: