IX-Lemon Life.

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

D Griff wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:54 am
MrH42 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:45 am
Without having these basic things answered, we'll continue to get answers like "well, I could sell everything and buy a luxury tour bus. Or I could buy 4 beater sports cars and the child will have to learn to drive one of those at the age of 3".
Dude this is kind of what makes Max the real MVP of this place. The rollercoaster is fun for us all to discuss.

Also in his defense he has outlined most of this. The reason it’s going in circles is that the sensible thing is replace the I4 with an eSUV but EVs depreciate like rocks so he’s ‘stuck’ with the i4 for now.

If an i4 will really be $20-25k in six months I kind of want one :lolol:
Yah me too. It’s basically a perfect vehicle for me. A wagon would be better but eh.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

D Griff wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:51 am Chris really made the 4xe sound like a nightmare which is too bad because I like the concept.
I thought it was a great city commuter slash beach and occasional over goer. Which can fare my commute pretty well. But I finally decided to :nope: along with s60 polestar engineered. I felt like its a little outdated in other departments outside of what im looking for. Ie. Non wireless carplay (my accord has wireless), barely any space. The biggest is the glove compartment lol. They ain't doing it for me. Now that I have 245 tires all around in my accord now, i love the car more and not feeling urged to :plac:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:55 pm
D Griff wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:51 am Chris really made the 4xe sound like a nightmare which is too bad because I like the concept.
I thought it was a great city commuter slash beach and occasional over goer. Which can fare my commute pretty well. But I finally decided to :nope: along with s60 polestar engineered. I felt like its a little outdated in other departments outside of what im looking for. Ie. Non wireless carplay (my accord has wireless), barely any space. The biggest is the glove compartment lol. They ain't doing it for me. Now that I have 245 tires all around in my accord now, i love the car more and not feeling urged to :plac:

:idbu:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

wap wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:48 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:55 pm

I have a :plac: mind and cannot make up my mind :hue:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 6:01 pm
wap wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:48 pm [/b]

I have a :plac: mind and cannot make up my mind :hue:
:dat: :lol:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

So here is the current :plac: of record. If I can I will swap the i4 for the IX. If and only if I can do it without paying a penny for the trade in of the car.

If not, I will wait about 3-6 months to replace the Tacoma with a more family friendly vehicle
max225

If the I4 trade fails... in 3-6 months I'd be curious about the following

-New Land Cruiser with the Hybrid 2.4
-New/used defenders with the 3rd row and money on the hood (unlikely since they are too expensive)
-Maybe cybertruck if it is actually "real" i'll be taking over my buddies reservation (Fairly Unlikely as I am not a huge fan)
-E450 wagons if they have enough back seat space (but they seem fairly small at 36" or so)
-Tahoes/Yukons/Escalades if the prices drop down to reality (unlikely)

Whole lotta blah out there in this category that is worth while IMO
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

max225 wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:32 pm If the I4 trade fails... in 3-6 months I'd be curious about the following

-Maybe cybertruck if it is actually "real" i'll be taking over my buddies reservation (Fairly Unlikely as I am not a huge fan)
:doit:

Its faster than a 911 in the 1/4....while towing a 911.

Thats goddaym impressive, period, even if it does look silly.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

I saw a Hummer EV drive by me on my walk to the coffee shop this morning. It's huge! Looks pretty dope, though.
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: '23 Lightning + '23 BRZ

golftdibrad1 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:41 am
max225 wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:32 pm If the I4 trade fails... in 3-6 months I'd be curious about the following

Even that video is rife with fraud. They can't help themselves.

https://insideevs.com/news/699260/tesla ... sche-race/
Last edited by MrH42 on Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
max225

Tar wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:15 am I saw a Hummer EV drive by me on my walk to the coffee shop this morning. It's huge! Looks pretty dope, though.
I like them. But 120k+ and questionable Korean ev tech all underneath that
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Tar wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:15 am I saw a Hummer EV drive by me on my walk to the coffee shop this morning. It's huge! Looks pretty dope, though.
I realized when I watched the Camsia review of the Cyber Cuck that that was the first time I'd ever laid eyes on a Hummer EV. Never cared enough to look up photos or videos.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

She's fast but daaaayyyyyyyyyyummmm is she ugly!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Also, that is a useless vid.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

MrH42 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:17 am

Even that video is rife with fraud. They can't help themselves.

https://insideevs.com/news/699260/tesla ... sche-race/
oh dang. Timing it by hand it does appear to be an 1/8 as they point out in that article.

Tesla never says the towing race was a 1/4, but they are definitely being a bit cheeky here.

The stats still say it would beat a 911 in the 1/4, but not towing of course.

Its still an impressive feat IMHO.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

max225 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:17 am
I hear ya! It's basically a rich person status symbol that never leaves the pavement.
max225

Tar wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:41 am
max225 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:17 am

I hear ya! It's basically a rich person status symbol that never leaves the pavement.
Won’t stay rich for long driving stuff like that :lolgasm:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

D Griff wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:22 am Also, that is a useless vid.
I think MT did this with a Rivian when it first came out too so not even an original idea.
max225

I am going to say it again... I WANT TO SEE A PRODUCTION CYBERTRUCK repeat all these claims. There is 0 indication that anything that was shown was production. Hell all the reviewers specifically stated it was "pre production".

Pre production after 4 years of waiting is just :fullretard: IMO
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:38 pm I am going to say it again... I WANT TO SEE A PRODUCTION CYBERTRUCK repeat all these claims. There is 0 indication that anything that was shown was production. Hell all the reviewers specifically stated it was "pre production".

Pre production after 4 years of waiting is just :fullretard: IMO
:dat: :dat: :dat:
:dat: :notwrong: :dat:
:dat: :dat: :dat:
max225

https://x.com/cybrtrkguy/status/1734568 ... QWjzgC2ECg

More excuses … everything is “pre production “ all the sudden.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

It looks so cartoony in all of the videos I almost think the entire thing is a big fucking joke and it's never actually coming.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:31 pm It looks so cartoony in all of the videos I almost think the entire thing is a big fucking joke and it's never actually coming.
THANK YOU. Since I agree that electric trucks are fake trucks, why would I want a fake truck that looks like it was designed to evade radar like a stealth bomber. Cool if you're Jay Leno and that is your 132nd car, but that's my dd? Naw breh.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:57 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:31 pm It looks so cartoony in all of the videos I almost think the entire thing is a big fucking joke and it's never actually coming.
THANK YOU. Since I agree that electric trucks are fake trucks, why would I want a fake truck that looks like it was designed to evade radar like a stealth bomber. Cool if you're Jay Leno and that is your 132nd car, but that's my dd? Naw breh.
I am very curious as to what the use case will be...
Rivian R1T has tapped out the 80-100k market and is being discounted through lease programs and is readily available
F150 Lightning has tapped out the 55-80k market and is slashed by 1/2 for production next year
The "CyberCUCK" is coming to the 60-100k EV Truck market ... when everyone else has already blown their load and lost their biz case.... not only that but Tesla as of last week INVENTED a NEW TRIM called the "Founders Edition" that costs 20k on TOP... so 120k... now... and it adds absolutely jack shit.

I will be very interested to see how many they can sell... Full size gassers now have 20k on the hood and are SIGNFICANTLY cheaper to purchase... and everyone is "poor" again now that the stimmy money ran dry and bum fuck egypt real estate is crashing.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:06 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:57 pm

I am very curious as to what the use case will be...
Rivian R1T has tapped out the 80-100k market and is being discounted through lease programs and is readily available
F150 Lightning has tapped out the 55-80k market and is slashed by 1/2 for production next year
The "CyberCUCK" is coming to the 60-100k EV Truck market ... when everyone else has already blown their load and lost their biz case.... not only that but Tesla as of last week INVENTED a NEW TRIM called the "Founders Edition" that costs 20k on TOP... so 120k... now... and it adds absolutely jack shit.

I will be very interested to see how many they can sell... Full size gassers now have 20k on the hood and are SIGNFICANTLY cheaper to purchase... and everyone is "poor" again now that the stimmy money ran dry and bum fuck egypt real estate is crashing.
Unrelated but I had to send some demo hardware to a technician that works for one of our customers in Oklahoma recently, naturally pulled the house on Zillow like a psycho. Holy cow, houses are like 25 cents in OK.