IX-Lemon Life.

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

max225 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:12 pm
razr390 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:43 pm

You know what you need? A cheap fun weekend car that scratches the interesting car itch. The Taco is more than fine for you as a daily/etc and the i4 is equally as such, boring/bland who cares they’re two new cars that are fairly robust.
Yep... I was hoping the Taco would do the "fun weekend" car and in some ways it is that thanks to the color/manual combo... it is also workable as a family car... but the "issue" is the taco isn't TRULY a family car or TRULY a FUN car... so its kind of eh...

And the I4 isn't truly a family car and clearly isn't fun either but it is a perfect commuter. So I just have 2 compromised vehicles for what I WANT... but it works for what I need. So it is what it is.

I occasionally do think about an M2/BRZ/HypeR but I am not sure I would get more "fun" out of them than the taco... as I value ride quality/comfort and those cars suck in comparison.
You prob wouldn’t lose money on the M2, Hype R maybe because of markups, Brz might be fun.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

The guy only has two garage spaces. I guess he could park the leased BMW outside, that's what leases are for.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:12 pm
razr390 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:43 pm

You know what you need? A cheap fun weekend car that scratches the interesting car itch. The Taco is more than fine for you as a daily/etc and the i4 is equally as such, boring/bland who cares they’re two new cars that are fairly robust.
Yep... I was hoping the Taco would do the "fun weekend" car and in some ways it is that thanks to the color/manual combo... it is also workable as a family car... but the "issue" is the taco isn't TRULY a family car or TRULY a FUN car... so its kind of eh...

And the I4 isn't truly a family car and clearly isn't fun either but it is a perfect commuter. So I just have 2 compromised vehicles for what I WANT... but it works for what I need. So it is what it is.

I occasionally do think about an M2/BRZ/HypeR but I am not sure I would get more "fun" out of them than the taco... as I value ride quality/comfort and those cars suck in comparison.
I don’t think you would like the BRZ to be honest, wouldn’t recommend. It is slow as balls and the ride quality isn’t good. I love mine but it’s a car for 90s Miata/Honda bois who want that kind of feel out of a non 30 year old shitbox. That’s not going to cut it here. M2 or Hype R, yeah.

Apparently Teggy Hype S rides quite nice and is actually a dece hatch. Maybe dump the 🌮 for that or the R and ride out the I4 lease then replace it with an ECUV at the end?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I’d love to see a baby in one though to see if it’s actually possible.

I had three grown men in mine last weekend and it was pretty bad :lolol:
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:14 pm The guy only has two garage spaces. I guess he could park the leased BMW outside, that's what leases are for.
Yea but I don’t need 3 cars … currently that seems completely :wasteful: I hate having cars outside because my giant fake trees (according to Brad) throw a shit ton of leafs, in the fall, nuts in the summer and occasional branches in the winter
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:09 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:14 pm The guy only has two garage spaces. I guess he could park the leased BMW outside, that's what leases are for.
Yea but I don’t need 3 cars … currently that seems completely :wasteful: I hate having cars outside because my giant fake trees (according to Brad) throw a shit ton of leafs, in the fall, nuts in the summer and occasional branches in the winter
Owning a car is a loot of time, expense, effort, and even heartache for us psychos. Not wanting more than needed is definitely valid.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

but...lease.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
max225

golftdibrad1 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:55 am

but...lease.
Yea and ? I like to keep my shit nice.
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: '23 Lightning + '23 BRZ

Your :plac: life is a rollercoaster. It swings in wild directions every day. I buy and sell cars constantly, but the general direction of my car buying is nothing like this. You need to make some decisions about what you actually need/want:

- Do you want 2 or 3 cars?
- Do you want all EVs, or do you want to have an ICE car at all times?
- Does every car need to be able to carry children?
- What car(s) do you drive vs wife? Can she drive a manual? Does she need to be able to?
- How much money are you willing to spend? How much depreciation can you stomach?
- Do you require a fun car?
- What are the requirements of a fun car for you?

Without having these basic things answered, we'll continue to get answers like "well, I could sell everything and buy a luxury tour bus. Or I could buy 4 beater sports cars and the child will have to learn to drive one of those at the age of 3".
max225

MrH42 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:45 am Your :plac: life is a rollercoaster. It swings in wild directions every day. I buy and sell cars constantly, but the general direction of my car buying is nothing like this. You need to make some decisions about what you actually need/want:

- Do you want 2 or 3 cars? 2 (answered above)
- Do you want all EVs, or do you want to have an ICE car at all times? I want 1 of the cars to be an EV at all times. If it is an EV the bulk of the miles will go on that.
- Does every car need to be able to carry children? No, but 1 of the 2 cars HAS to.
- What car(s) do you drive vs wife? Can she drive a manual? Does she need to be able to? Wife is currently a lame duck driving my I4. She can't drive stick
- How much money are you willing to spend? How much depreciation can you stomach? This is impossible to answer without knowing the car in question. But in general likely. All in costs should be less than 2k a month per car.
- Do you require a fun car? I would LIKE a fun car but I don't require it.
- What are the requirements of a fun car for you? Good looking, fun color, probably a manual, low depreciation, good handling,

Without having these basic things answered, we'll continue to get answers like "well, I could sell everything and buy a luxury tour bus. Or I could buy 4 beater sports cars and the child will have to learn to drive one of those at the age of 3".
There ya go
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

max225 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:51 am
MrH42 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:45 am Your :plac: life is a rollercoaster. It swings in wild directions every day. I buy and sell cars constantly, but the general direction of my car buying is nothing like this. You need to make some decisions about what you actually need/want:

- Do you want all EVs, or do you want to have an ICE car at all times? I want 1 of the cars to be an EV at all times. If it is an EV the bulk of the miles will go on that.
- Does every car need to be able to carry children? No, but 1 of the 2 cars HAS to.
- What car(s) do you drive vs wife? Can she drive a manual? Does she need to be able to? Wife is currently a lame duck driving my I4. She can't drive stick
- How much money are you willing to spend? How much depreciation can you stomach? This is impossible to answer without knowing the car in question. But in general likely. All in costs should be less than 2k a month per car.
- What are the requirements of a fun car for you? Good looking, fun color, probably a manual, low depreciation, good handling,

There ya go
That helps a lot.

Doesn't sound like you need a truck, or an ICE vehicle capable of driving the whole family long distances.

I'd make the wife car a big EV, SUV:

- R1S
- IX :lolol: (funny, but actually a good suggestion)
- EQS SUV if you can snag a good deal

Get a 911 for yourself.

You could only carry the kid in the wife's car at first, but eventually the kid could sit in the back of the 911.
max225

MrH42 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 12:11 pm

There ya go
That helps a lot.

Doesn't sound like you need a truck, or an ICE vehicle capable of driving the whole family long distances.

I'd make the wife car a big EV, SUV:

- R1S
- IX :lolol: (funny, but actually a good suggestion)
- EQS SUV if you can snag a good deal

Get a 911 for yourself.

You could only carry the kid in the wife's car at first, but eventually the kid could sit in the back of the 911.
Yep I mentioned IX + 911 is a great end state.

R1S seems insanely expensive still… otherwise you would have gotten it.
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Lucid Gravity?
max225

MrH42 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:58 pmLucid Gravity?
Like those also… depending on how they lease.

I think there will be more options to replace the i4 with a bigger ev family suv come mid summer … but I have a hunch my trade in value will be 20-25k by then and completely underwater
J-Ho-Fo-Show69
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: 328, TJ, Grand Trailhawk

How do you feel about a motorcycle? Not sure if you feel safe on one in your area. I sure didn’t in Charlotte post school, but I used to commute to college everyday on one growing up. From a previous post I saw you live in Cali, so weather isn’t really a big 🥒. It’s also pretty affordable compared to a car. And who cares if you rack up miles on them.

Obvs can’t transport a kiddo.

They’re also making some EV ones that are kinda badass!
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

- Do you want 2 or 3 cars?
- Do you want all EVs, or do you want to have an ICE car at all times?
- Does every car need to be able to carry children?
- What car(s) do you drive vs wife? Can she drive a manual? Does she need to be able to?
- How much money are you willing to spend? How much depreciation can you stomach?
- Do you require a fun car?
- What are the requirements of a fun car for you?

Now you're getting with the program.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

There ya go
Ok so you answered your question. Keeping the i4 is a compromise and it will eventually need to be upgraded because the EV taking the bulk of the miles will mean it is also going to most likely be the family car.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
max225

razr390 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:16 pm

There ya go
Ok so you answered your question. Keeping the i4 is a compromise and it will eventually need to be upgraded because the EV taking the bulk of the miles will mean it is also going to most likely be the family car.
:dat: hence the :plac: and talking to you guys
max225

https://www.hoblitdodge.com/wholesale-n ... 12b250.htm

Just a wild card… fca who grotesquely inflated msrps… now offering 22k off to lease a jgc

Apparently you can lease a plug in willys wrangler for $249/3k down
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:29 pm https://www.hoblitdodge.com/wholesale-n ... 12b250.htm

Just a wild card… fca who grotesquely inflated msrps… now offering 22k off to lease a jgc

Aren’t the 4xe jeeps horribly unreliable? I keep reading about them being absolute basket cases.

I mean a deal is a deal but ain’t nobody got time for a bunk car.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:29 pm https://www.hoblitdodge.com/wholesale-n ... 12b250.htm

I love this so much.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:59 pm

Aren’t the 4xe jeeps horribly unreliable? I keep reading about them being absolute basket cases.

There is always lemon law :csb: :(
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MrH42 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:45 am
Dude this is kind of what makes Max the real MVP of this place. The rollercoaster is fun for us all to discuss.

Also in his defense he has outlined most of this. The reason it’s going in circles is that the sensible thing is replace the I4 with an eSUV but EVs depreciate like rocks so he’s ‘stuck’ with the i4 for now.

If an i4 will really be $20-25k in six months I kind of want one :lolol:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:59 pm

Im noticing a rise of jeeps of dc and most of them are 4xe.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Chris really made the 4xe sound like a nightmare which is too bad because I like the concept.