IX-Lemon Life.

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

max225 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:01 am
D Griff wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:56 am I did give Camisa's video a listen and man... he is really selling the thing. I didn't make it to the end though.
Yea … I mean I don’t hate Elon as much as the average Joe Biden voter but I couldn’t finish that video without feeling like it was a complete ad for the thing
I mean come one... almost all car review vids are literally ads for the car in some way. Disclosure: have not watched yet, it is on my watch later list.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

golftdibrad1 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:02 am
max225 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:01 am

Yea … I mean I don’t hate Elon as much as the average Joe Biden voter but I couldn’t finish that video without feeling like it was a complete ad for the thing
I mean come one... almost all car review vids are literally ads for the car in some way. Disclosure: have not watched yet, it is on my watch later list.
This is the most Ad like I've ever seen from him. There's no way Hagerty put up their money to make this video. His production value is generally very good but this was on another level and then end was really :ayfkm:
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:11 am
golftdibrad1 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:02 am

This is the most Ad like I've ever seen from him. There's no way Hagerty put up their money to make this video. His production value is generally very good but this was on another level and then end was really :ayfkm:
:dat:

Meanwhile we don’t even know if the thing exists. There are weird rumors about the” delivery event “ being fake news and that they were all proptotypes not being able to be registered etc.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

ok, this is already off to a good start, jokes in the subs

"something something wild exterior least interensting part of this creation"

subs:

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
max225

golftdibrad1 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:37 pm ok, this is already off to a good start, jokes in the subs

subs:

Are you pointing out the subtitles are off the rocker ? Or am I missing something.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

hate the truck or not, the fact sheet and this video is amazing. yall be haters

golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

max225 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:44 pm
golftdibrad1 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:37 pm ok, this is already off to a good start, jokes in the subs

subs:

Are you pointing out the subtitles are off the rocker ? Or am I missing something.
Yes there are additional jokes in the subtitles
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Ok, love or hate the truck, that video was fucking awesome. Better than Top Gear, there, I said it.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

But is it a real truck or a fake truck like the Lightning :trollface:
max225

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:22 pm But is it a real truck or a fake truck like the Lightning :trollface:
That’s right !
max225

golftdibrad1 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:14 pm Ok, love or hate the truck, that video was fucking awesome. Better than Top Gear, there, I said it.
Half of us turned it off half way through
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:22 pm But is it a real truck or a fake truck like the Lightning :trollface:
Imma still go with fake - for the same reasons. Towing will be difficult due to severely reduced range, however tesla and their charger network will make it FAR more practical than other ev's.

Still an impressive machine.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

max225 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:26 pm
golftdibrad1 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:14 pm Ok, love or hate the truck, that video was fucking awesome. Better than Top Gear, there, I said it.
Imma need your car guy cards to be revoked in that case. Love or hate the CT, if you like cars that video was entertaining.
max225

golftdibrad1 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:28 pm

Imma need your car guy cards to be revoked in that case. Love or hate the CT, if you like cars that video was entertaining.
I watched that idiots videos the day they come out. And listen to that carmuggeon podcast also… but I just couldn’t get past the marketing bs of this vid
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

max225 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:31 pm
golftdibrad1 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:28 pm

I watched that idiots videos the day they come out. And listen to that carmuggeon podcast also… but I just couldn’t get past the marketing bs of this vid
max225

Lulz. I don’t care for hating on Elon. I’m neutral on the dude.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

:dat:

I really dig Camisa normally (although he’s no OG Top Gear) and I couldn’t even make it through that.

Also I don’t think most car vids are anything like ads, I watch a lot of Savage Geese, Everyday Driver, Throttle House, Smoking Tire, and others and they all certainly have criticisms and only like what they like, which seems genuine because they all have their own personal patterns/proclivities.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

max225 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:42 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:39 pm

A question you should ask yourself. What vehicle, on your lenghthy list, would be worth the payment to you?
If I was certain I would probably already buy one…

I want the big boy RR the most. But it costs 3k a month
I am not advocating for buying this or making dumb decisions, but your prior struggles with vehicle purchases/decisions of what you want/keep seem to come from continuously talking yourself into rational math compromises instead of getting what the heart wants, when it wants it, and then attempting to justify the purchase in XYZ ways until the next one comes along.

I feel like that is why you are constantly getting rid of/acquiring new cars. Get something that puts some skin in the game and forces you to actually view it as an expense worthy enough to keep versus juggling multiple balls and dropping all of them.

This is my $0.02 from the outside in, though I don't know you beyond this forum and our texts about parenting, etc.

You are in a very good (in my opinion) financial position and most people who have $3k/month range rovers are living paycheck to paycheck. You are frugal by nature, and so you will either have to be comfortable in a POINT A TO B car that is functional OR get what you really want and stop trying to justify anything in the middle.

TL;DR stop teasing and start stroking a car/payment that is worthy of it to you, and not just in the financial sense.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

razr390 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:10 am

I am not advocating for buying this or making dumb decisions, but your prior struggles with vehicle purchases/decisions of what you want/keep seem to come from continuously talking yourself into rational math compromises instead of getting what the heart wants, when it wants it, and then attempting to justify the purchase in XYZ ways until the next one comes along.

I feel like that is why you are constantly getting rid of/acquiring new cars. Get something that puts some skin in the game and forces you to actually view it as an expense worthy enough to keep versus juggling multiple balls and dropping all of them.

This is my $0.02 from the outside in, though I don't know you beyond this forum and our texts about parenting, etc.

You are in a very good (in my opinion) financial position and most people who have $3k/month range rovers are living paycheck to paycheck. You are frugal by nature, and so you will either have to be comfortable in a POINT A TO B car that is functional OR get what you really want and stop trying to justify anything in the middle.

TL;DR stop teasing and start stroking a car/payment that is worthy of it to you, and not just in the financial sense.
:narc:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Good one!
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Translation:

Stop being a pussy and get a Porsche.
max225

Welcome back breh.

I am fine with my current Point A to point B setup. at the moment. With the I4 and Taco... it's :gay: and boring but I am not about to blow a midwest mortgage on depreciation. I don't have that kind of fuck you money. The other issue is money is making money right now... and parking 100-150k $ in a car is literally $550-800 a month in lost income that is guaranteed.

I think given the current child sitch and the lack of going places it may be better to wait for a bit... otherwise I will go through self loathing with exorbitant outlays for highly depreciating assets.

Porsche is a decent option as they are fairly slowly depreciating... however its cheaper to rent something for 2-3k a month and rag it to the end of life than to own... Makes little sense at the moment. So I guess we will keep WAITING. Which is boring.
max225

max225 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:11 pm So in a final kick ... BMW has charged me for 2 more months for the IX... since agreeing to the buyback... as it took 4+ weeks to turn it in...
Now BMFS is being completely :fullretard: ... they claim they can't refund... they send to the IX "team" who then calls BMWFS... who is now asking me to contact the case manager who originally approved the buyback and said to contact BMWFS... full CIRCLE JERK. Once again 3 parties involved who are not connected to one another or know what the fuck is going on... each thinking the other party is responsible.

This company is run by absolute CLOWNs.
Final update... I hope...

Someone literally just told me there will be a "Check in the mail" the 3rd party dude told me BMW will cut a check "after the holidays" for the delta of what they owe me...

Holy snail pace. I have it in writing so at least there is that.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

max225 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:21 pm

Welcome back breh.

I am fine with my current Point A to point B setup. at the moment. With the I4 and Taco... it's :gay: and boring but I am not about to blow a midwest mortgage on depreciation. I don't have that kind of fuck you money. The other issue is money is making money right now... and parking 100-150k $ in a car is literally $550-800 a month in lost income that is guaranteed.

I think given the current child sitch and the lack of going places it may be better to wait for a bit... otherwise I will go through self loathing with exorbitant outlays for highly depreciating assets.

Porsche is a decent option as they are fairly slowly depreciating... however its cheaper to rent something for 2-3k a month and rag it to the end of life than to own... Makes little sense at the moment. So I guess we will keep WAITING. Which is boring.
You know what you need? A cheap fun weekend car that scratches the interesting car itch. The Taco is more than fine for you as a daily/etc and the i4 is equally as such, boring/bland who cares they’re two new cars that are fairly robust.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
max225

razr390 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:43 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:21 pm
Welcome back breh.

You know what you need? A cheap fun weekend car that scratches the interesting car itch. The Taco is more than fine for you as a daily/etc and the i4 is equally as such, boring/bland who cares they’re two new cars that are fairly robust.
Yep... I was hoping the Taco would do the "fun weekend" car and in some ways it is that thanks to the color/manual combo... it is also workable as a family car... but the "issue" is the taco isn't TRULY a family car or TRULY a FUN car... so its kind of eh...

And the I4 isn't truly a family car and clearly isn't fun either but it is a perfect commuter. So I just have 2 compromised vehicles for what I WANT... but it works for what I need. So it is what it is.

I occasionally do think about an M2/BRZ/HypeR but I am not sure I would get more "fun" out of them than the taco... as I value ride quality/comfort and those cars suck in comparison.