OT 21: DFD Giveth and DFD Taketh Away

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:57 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:53 am In other news since I haven't posted much the past few days, work decided to fire two people from the inside sales side of my team last week. I had three account managers covering my territory and now only have two, so I will have to do a lot of his job until they find a replacement and he was actually a solid performer in my book, his cunty manager just had a bone to pick for no real reason. :disappoint:

The other guy they let go covers TX so it doesn't really impact me. I liked the dude but he was definitely lazy/not doing much, so :ohwell:
Did you have directive or were they just shit?
Fired to be replaced, seperate from layoffs we also just had which didn't impact my team. One of the guys (while I liked him) was just shit at his job, the other (the one who also covers my territory) was actually a solid 4/7 and I would've been more than happy to keep. Cunty manager had it out for him, :notsure: why as he's as nice a guy as you could meet. He is Mormon and definitely holds up to the stereotypes but just very kind and hard working dude overall who was at the company for seven years.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:41 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:57 pm

Did you have directive or were they just shit?
Fired to be replaced, seperate from layoffs we also just had which didn't impact my team. One of the guys (while I liked him) was just shit at his job, the other (the one who also covers my territory) was actually a solid 4/7 and I would've been more than happy to keep. Cunty manager had it out for him, :notsure: why as he's as nice a guy as you could meet. He is Mormon and definitely holds up to the stereotypes but just very kind and hard working dude overall who was at the company for seven years.
Yea I just found out some people at my company got canned also. Not announced or anything
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

D Griff wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:53 am In other news since I haven't posted much the past few days, work decided to fire two people from the inside sales side of my team last week. I had three account managers covering my territory and now only have two, so I will have to do a lot of his job until they find a replacement and he was actually a solid performer in my book, his cunty manager just had a bone to pick for no real reason. :disappoint:

The other guy they let go covers TX so it doesn't really impact me. I liked the dude but he was definitely lazy/not doing much, so :ohwell:
Fun! Always a good time to have to do both your job and (part of) someone else's.

I haven't been posting either, I feel like I'm in such a rut. Wake up, work out, work, watch kids, clean up the house, sleep, do it all over again. My brain isn't capable of producing much thoughtful or creative discourse at the moment. Thanksgiving break is coming at the perfect time, it'll be nice to be around family for a few days.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

coogles wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:28 pm

Fun! Always a good time to have to do both your job and (part of) someone else's.

I haven't been posting either, I feel like I'm in such a rut. Wake up, work out, work, watch kids, clean up the house, sleep, do it all over again. My brain isn't capable of producing much thoughtful or creative discourse at the moment. Thanksgiving break is coming at the perfect time, it'll be nice to be around family for a few days.
Sorry to hear it dude. Life is a real challenge at times, even then on the surface it feels pretty good. There's a lot to be grateful for but sometimes it's just very hard to maintain that attitude, for me at least.

I'm stoked on a four day weekend for sure.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Made it down to SD. Haven’t been back since the move last March. Fucking sweating balls with this 78° weather they have when I’m used to the mid 50s we’ve been at in Oregon. Nice to be here though. Gonna try to get a workout in with my old training partner tomorrow and see a few other gymbros while I’m at my old gym. Dad is going to cruise down from Lancaster to eat thanksgiving dinner with us here at Michelle’s parents’ place Thursday, so will be good to see him too.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:42 pm Made it down to SD. Haven’t been back since the move last March. Fucking sweating balls with this 78° weather they have when I’m used to the mid 50s we’ve been at in Oregon. Nice to be here though. Gonna try to get a workout in with my old training partner tomorrow and see a few other gymbros while I’m at my old gym. Dad is going to cruise down from Lancaster to eat thanksgiving dinner with us here at Michelle’s parents’ place Thursday, so will be good to see him too.
:notbad: I’m guessing you flew? Could be an epic road trip sometime if you ever have time. We had a blast driving the Bang Bus from Vancouver, BC to Los Angeles years ago. Kinda miss stuff like that.

I thought your dad moved to UT?
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:10 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:42 pm Made it down to SD. Haven’t been back since the move last March. Fucking sweating balls with this 78° weather they have when I’m used to the mid 50s we’ve been at in Oregon. Nice to be here though. Gonna try to get a workout in with my old training partner tomorrow and see a few other gymbros while I’m at my old gym. Dad is going to cruise down from Lancaster to eat thanksgiving dinner with us here at Michelle’s parents’ place Thursday, so will be good to see him too.
:notbad: I’m guessing you flew? Could be an epic road trip sometime if you ever have time. We had a blast driving the Bang Bus from Vancouver, BC to Los Angeles years ago. Kinda miss stuff like that.

I thought your dad moved to UT?
Yeah we flew down. It actually is a pretty decent drive, I’ve done it once when we moved up here and then a second time when my dad and I moved a spare king bed he was getting rid of and their old smith machine home gym thing up to our place.

He’s got a place in Utah, and spends about half of his time there right now. He’s touching up the lancaster house a bit preparing to sell it this spring… paint, filling in nail holes in the drywall from shit being hung over the years, etc.. Glad he’s finally getting out of there.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Hi dudes, how is everything? Any big updates?

All good on my end. Life is currently in a blissful pocket, kids are getting older and the hard work Nicole and I put in are evident in the kids, so it's nice to have that reassurance.

I had my first gig, which was in a small venue surrounded by close friends. I was nervous and had some trouble with sound, and in one instance, I even started a song way out of tune after handing my setup to another vass player friend who filled aome of the set with two songs he knows how to play well. It took me half the song to recover, but finished ok, nobody watching even noticed, lol. But heck, 15 songs and like 12 were pretty dece. It did something profound for me, I'm not going to try and explain it, but I'm down for more soon.

Camry still 5/7, I just embrace the cheap interior, buy zero issues at 62k kms. It's not going anywhere for a looong time.

COL is insane, so I bumped my rates and didn't get kicked to the curb, so that's good too.

B-day tomorrow, wife and kids are taking me to the Keg, I'll have a nice steak!
SAWCE

Tar wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:01 pm Hi dudes, how is everything? Any big updates?

All good on my end. Life is currently in a blissful pocket, kids are getting older and the hard work Nicole and I put in are evident in the kids, so it's nice to have that reassurance.

I had my first gig, which was in a small venue surrounded by close friends. I was nervous and had some trouble with sound, and in one instance, I even started a song way out of tune after handing my setup to another vass player friend who filled aome of the set with two songs he knows how to play well. It took me half the song to recover, but finished ok, nobody watching even noticed, lol. But heck, 15 songs and like 12 were pretty dece. It did something profound for me, I'm not going to try and explain it, but I'm down for more soon.

Camry still 5/7, I just embrace the cheap interior, buy zero issues at 62k kms. It's not going anywhere for a looong time.

COL is insane, so I bumped my rates and didn't get kicked to the curb, so that's good too.

Sounds awesome man! Congrats!

Playing a show is something I always wish I’d done with one of the small bands I was in. Glad it went well and you enjoyed it.

Happy early birthday!
max225

Tar wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:01 pm Hi dudes, how is everything? Any big updates?

Happy pre birthday ! Hope you have fun! Post pics of the steak :)
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Thanks homies, will post a pic of that steak before i eat it. Keep well broskies!
golftdibrad1
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

Tar wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:17 am Thanks homies, will post a pic of that steak before i eat it. Keep well broskies!
HBD!
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
Desertbreh

Nice man. Well deserved. HBD.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:nice: updates.

Happy birthday!
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Hell yeah man, happy birthday!

I definitely miss playing gigs and it's something I hope to do again one day. It's almost euphoric, I know what you mean, difficult to put into words but super fun and rewarding.

Glad to hear your kids are doing good! Not much new to really report here, went to Tail of the Dragon with the 86 which was a blast. We're getting ready to start some more IVF shit which I dread but am also hopeful for a better outcome this time.

Did a pretty big back yard project after the tree destroyed our shed, got a nice new shed with more room, windows, etc. Working through installing bike/tool storage and the like, built a loft to store some other crap like beach chairs, cornhole boards, etc. in there. I also planted seven new trees (well I planted three, pros planted four), got a new privacy fence all around, built a new little slate stone wall/mulch area around some of the trees. All in all I'm stoked on it.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Thanks Brad, Dirk and Wap! I appreciate it!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:37 am

Hell yeah man, happy birthday!

I definitely miss playing gigs and it's something I hope to do again one day. It's almost euphoric, I know what you mean, difficult to put into words but super fun and rewarding.

Glad to hear your kids are doing good! Not much new to really report here, went to Tail of the Dragon with the 86 which was a blast. We're getting ready to start some more IVF shit which I dread but am also hopeful for a better outcome this time.

Did a pretty big back yard project after the tree destroyed our shed, got a nice new shed with more room, windows, etc. Working through installing bike/tool storage and the like, built a loft to store some other crap like beach chairs, cornhole boards, etc. in there. I also planted seven new trees (well I planted three, pros planted four), got a new privacy fence all around, built a new little slate stone wall/mulch area around some of the trees. All in all I'm stoked on it.
Nice synopsis, sounds like a nice time. 86 on TOTD is sweet! It's on the bucket list.

I'm working on a powder room face-lift, new paint, vanity, hardware, mirror and lighting. Nothing too strenuous, but should look nice and more updated/fresh when done. It's kind of a three or four day project that I'm half way through.

I didn't do much with outdoors, but a storage shed with loft is kinda what this house needs so I can get my side of the garage back. I'll dig around for some pics, or if you have some handy, let's see that beauty!

The 'gig' was great, watching it played back isn't the greatest, but there's no way to get better without botching the first one. I'm so addicted, going to treat myself to a second bass so I don't have to tune up and down so much. The one I have is too "metal", and not clear enough when things get lighter, so a jazz bass is ordered. My wife calls it my midlife crisis, but if it is then she got off easy.... Aside from the gear which can be resold for a good fraction of what it cost, there isn't much overhead. I do practice a lot, so time is the price. Yeah, euphoria is a good way to describe the feeling.

Good luck with the doctors visits, I can appreciate how hard it is on you and your lady. Hang in there with her, she needs you.
SAWCE

I love the fender Jazz bass. I’d grab one of those or a Music Man if I ever played again. I think it’s the fender mustang that has the P-bass body and headstock with the Jazz neck. Always thought that was rad.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:11 pm I love the fender Jazz bass. I’d grab one of those or a Music Man if I ever played again. I think it’s the fender mustang that has the P-bass body and headstock with the Jazz neck. Always thought that was rad.
Music man uses humbuckers, so I already have that sound. Fender is nice, but American models are better built and cost :waxer: I'm buying a Läkland 44-60 with Jazz pickups. They typically ship with top end tuners/bridge/flecked fretboard and are Fender USA quality for half the price. A guy on the west coast is selling his new-old stock 2018 ice blue with maple fretboard and white pickguard for a heafty discount. A few notable Lakland players out there using the skyline series, so I decided to save some money. Finally assembly and setup in Chicago. Pretty cool company!

This is the one specifically:

SAWCE

Tar wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 4:58 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:11 pm I love the fender Jazz bass. I’d grab one of those or a Music Man if I ever played again. I think it’s the fender mustang that has the P-bass body and headstock with the Jazz neck. Always thought that was rad.
Music man uses humbuckers, so I already have that sound. Fender is nice, but American models are better built and cost :waxer: I'm buying a Läkland 44-60 with Jazz pickups. They typically ship with top end tuners/bridge/flecked fretboard and are Fender USA quality for half the price. A guy on the west coast is selling his new-old stock 2018 ice blue with maple fretboard and white pickguard for a heafty discount. A few notable Lakland players out there using the skyline series, so I decided to save some money. Finally assembly and setup in Chicago. Pretty cool company!

This is the one specifically:

The Mexican built Fenders are actually pretty good too, but that Lakland looks :nice:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:fuckyeah: that thing is hot!

I actually have a blue Squire Jazz Bass. That poverty spec edition but I’ve always enjoyed it, owned it since 2005 or so I think.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I’d agree, nothing wrong with a Mexican Fender. I do have an American Strat I treated ourself too though.
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:58 pm :fuckyeah: that thing is hot!

I actually have a blue Squire Jazz Bass. That poverty spec edition but I’ve always enjoyed it, owned it since 2005 or so I think.
Yeah mine was a poverty Candy Red Squire P-bass.. always wished it was the slimmer Jazz neck/fret board.

First bass was a super poverty Rogue(?) for like $89
max225

@meats which I will likely throw away …
2 fancy ribeyes
1 dry aged ribeye to try
1 tri tip which has been pre marinated

:disgust:
SAWCE